It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Martian Weirdness

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I found this LINK , while searching through threads to find examples of wreckage for this thread: Hoagland pic...Mars Curiosity "Pump" Anomaly???? Not a Rock... . I found a link that a member had provided, in an older thread, that is filled with anomalies! I don't know if there is already a thread on this panorama, if there is I haven't seen it, and I can't do a visual search on pics, here. So forgive me if these pictures have been posted before.

A tiny Martian fort?

Walking rocks?

Standing water, or some other liquid, providing a reflection of a rock?

Just wanted to share, and see what you all have to say about this weird Mars panorama photo.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
The one with the rock reflection in the "water" caught my attention, it is deffinetly some kind of liquid...good shots

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Those "walking rock" pictures are interesting. Brings to mind the sliding rocks of death valley.

en.m.wikipedia.org...
edit on 26-9-2013 by applesthateatpeople because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Just wanted to share, and see what you all have to say about this weird Mars panorama photo.

That sure does like some sort of liquid...very interesting
edit on 26-9-2013 by sunspot0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Last one isn't a reflection it looks like a shadow.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by amraks

You're probably right, it's most likely a shadow. But, maybe it's more.

The first picture, probably isn't a tiny Martian fort either.

The "walking rocks" might be scoop marks from the Curiosity or Rover Probe too, but they look too shallow, in my opinion.

This probably isn't Luke Sky Walker either.

edit on 26-9-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Tiny Martian Forts imply tiny Martian Soldiers. Gulp.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

On further contemplation, maybe that IS (tiny) Luke Skywalker,

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   

If you look at the LINK picture closely you can see several areas of standing water on the right hand-side of the picture. Also note the ground condition leading to the water, it looks like wet sand compared to the surrounding area.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
The problem is that those images are too much zoomed in, making things look different.

The "water" (not water, as there's no reflection, a reflection would have the same changes in colour as the rock, that's a shadow, with an uniform colour), for example, only looks like that because any small differences in that area were "averaged" by the resizing of the image, making it look smoother than it originally was.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by EA006

Yep!

It looks like there are puddles of standing water, or some other liquid. At he very least, these rocks are in the path of a dried up river bed. The path of the "river" is smooth, in contrast to the rocky surroundings, making me think the run off, or whatever, is fairly recent.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

There is a lot of "pixel distortion", or whatever, in these snipped shots, but I didn't zoom them, or enlarge them, (except for Luke Skywalker). I wish I knew how to find a less zoomed in, wider image for perspective.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Aleister

What an absolutely ridiculous statement!!!!
Do you realise how stupid you sound when you say "Tiny martian soldiers"???

The tiny martians are a peaceful people, its most likely some sort of habitation or government center, since there are no other buildings around it I suggest it may even be a tiny out of the way Martian resort for tiny Martians who need to get away from it all for awhile

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   

windword
I found this LINK , while searching through threads to find examples of wreckage for this thread: Hoagland pic...Mars Curiosity "Pump" Anomaly???? Not a Rock... . I found a link that a member had provided, in an older thread, that is filled with anomalies! I don't know if there is already a thread on this panorama, if there is I haven't seen it, and I can't do a visual search on pics, here. So forgive me if these pictures have been posted before.

A tiny Martian fort?

Walking rocks?

Has anyone seen the movie Apollo 18? *Spoiler* its about rocks that are alive and kill except these rocks live on the moon. My question is, are these pictures from Opportunity or from Curiosity? If the picture are from opportunity it makes sense that Hollywood would come up with a script about moving rocks on a different world or in this case the moon. But, if its from Curiosity WTF!?! BTW Terrible movie.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by cavedweller88

I keep going to the link, to try to figure out a way to find more information on the site and the probe. I'm assuming it's a Curiosity photo, but I don't know, it could be the Rover.

Anyway, here's another strange rock formation from the picture!

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
After looking at the original photo I can see that this is another example of how things may look different when taken out of context.

The "water" is dust, and clearly not flat, as some pool of liquid would be.

The flat areas may be some of those flat rocks that appear nearer the camera.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

The flat areas may be some of those flat rocks that appear nearer the camera.

If I'm seeing what I think you're talking about, those flat areas in the foreground look like patches of desert sand to me. I'm thinking that sand, at least, is what we're seeing in the background, if not liquid.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Here is another pair of pictures, just appeared on the raw images website. One can use them as stereo pair:

left

mars.jpl.nas a.gov/msl-raw-images/proj/msl/redops/ods/surface/sol/00402/opgs/edr/ncam/NLB_433192603EDR_F0160328NCAM00398M_.JPG

and

right
[url=http://mars.jpl.nasa.gov/msl/multimedia/raw/?rawid=NRB_433192603EDR_F0160328NCAM00398M_&s=402]mars.jpl.nasa.gov/msl/multimedia/raw/?rawid=NRB_433 192603EDR_F0160328NCAM00398M_&s=402

It looks like the remains of some column to me.

Any comments?

edit on 26-9-2013 by preston2005 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   

windword
reply to post by amraks

You're probably right, it's most likely a shadow. But, maybe it's more.

The first picture, probably isn't a tiny Martian fort either.

The "walking rocks" might be scoop marks from the Curiosity or Rover Probe too, but they look too shallow, in my opinion.

This probably isn't Luke Sky Walker either.

cool thread.... do you maybe mean Han Solo? he was frozen in carbonite....

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   

I think I can see a little martian in the fort.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join