It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Knock-Out, awww, it's just a game.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
It is happening everywhere. It seems to have stemmed from the Travon Martin garbage.
If you read your paper, you will see these articles.

www.myfoxny.com...

www.nydailynews.com...

If this spreads nationwide, what are the alternatives?

I can talk like a badass all I want. Yes I carry a weapon, yes I know how to use it.
But I don't want to ever use it on anything but a paper target or an empty beer can.
I have no desire to take a life, but if I saw some thugs beating an elderly person, I am quite sure I know what would need to be done.

I sure don't know what the answer here is, but the problem is pretty Efin clear.

Survival, not just a forum anymore.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

Agreed and Agreed. 100% and all the way around. I hope anyone here, if there IS anyone, who plays this "game" reads your words and mine, very well. It may help them live longer.

Like you...If I see someone unable to defend themselves being beaten down, whether it be an elderly person, a housewife or a small child vs. multiple very big ones? Well... The kid situation may be different..but maybe not, too.

Missouri law is very clear. Lethal force is covered as legitimate force if it's in defense of life *OR* belief that great bodily harm or injury will be the outcome of what is happening. I'll leave out the other conditions that don't relate to this except for one that does. The laws here..as in other states...do *NOT* limit that use of deadly force to SELF protection. It applies equally for justified action to defense of another person unable to defend themselves. The standard doesn't change....still imminent threat of death or great bodily injury....but our law makes absolutely NO requirement to so much as say "Hey...would you kindly stop killing him please"?

I don't know how a Jury might see it...but I'm not shouting a warning if multiple people are beating an old man to death. I'm NEXT to go down if they get the advantage in any way. So....without being too cold about how I put this...the first one to fall won't even go out knowing I'd arrived to see it. The next ones to fall won't have the time to react ....

...and they'll have committed suicide. Suicide by CCW carrier instead of suicide by cop, but it's suicide just the same. The moment they started beating someone far beyond defending themselves? They chose suicide if cops don't get to them to arrest them first. That's as simple as life ever gets, IMO.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   

They are preying on weakness. It doesn't take much to determine whether someone is capable of defending one self. And they look for the "blindside" approach. My guess is the victims hardly see it coming before the are disabled and at the cowards mercy.

Like lions, they scan the herd of "manimals" looking for weakness. Whats scary is their indifference to and lack of empathy for others. They just don't care. And they are growing up. One day they will be in charge.

We have been rearing a whole new generation that is cold as stone. I'm not going into TV and movie violence, wars, and video games. But what we have been teaching youth from early on is what they will become eventually. We will reap what we have sown.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   

'Point 'em out, knock 'em out': Brutal game ends when assault victim fires his concealed handgun

Weaver approached his victim from behind, a black KL-800 Type Stun Gun in his pocket. It is capable of generating 1.8 million volts.

He passed him and turned back, pressed the stun gun into the victim’s side. Again and again, and … nothing. It had fired earlier when testing it, he would later tell police.

“The button was like stuck down … or something. I don’t know what caused it not to work,” according to a transcript of Weaver’s statement.

The intended victim moved quickly, pulling his stainless steel .40-caliber Smith and Wesson. It had a full 10-round magazine, and was worth about $900 police estimated.

He shot Weaver in his buttocks as the teen turned to flee.

edit on 25-9-2013 by ATSmediaPRO because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Only a matter of time until someone does actually shoot one of these punks and then the media props it up as a "hate crime" and plays the race card. We'll have the zimmerman trial 2.0 if people don't get a fricken grip soon.

I really have to wonder at people who are so messed up in the head that they think brutally assaulting a random, helpless, innocent person is somehow fun. What sort of parents do these kids have? What sort of role models? Is the "thug life" crap being propagated by the music industry and hip hop artists ever going to stop? When is the african american community going to demand better from their peers and their children? When is the caucasian community going to demand better from the old white rich record executives who promote this garbage?

Disgusting. The worst part about it, is that these young people are only destroying their own futures by destroying others.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I believe this comes from a generation of kids growing up with little parental supervision to teach them basic morality. Kids who grow up with no consequences for their actions end up believing they can do whatever they want to. Too many parents either aren't around or don't care.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Amen, Brother. I am with you. I would not necessarily shoot to kill, but I would take a shot as best I could without wounding the victim, of course.

After that, its self protection...and all bets are off.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
The lack of empathy is what really gets me just about sick to my stomach. I am not sure how a person becomes void of feelings to the point they enjoy hurting another human, or even animal for that matter.
Either it's a massive problem, or the reports of this type of thing are just becoming more frequent.

To sit back and try to guess is futile.

I don't even see how you could use something like this to impress anyone.
You beat someone who was incapable of fighting back. Great. Might as well go brag about the trash can you kicked over too.

If these thugs had to be worried about any random person going after them when identified, they might not be so quick to act this way. Although the mental problem of being a sociopath would still be an issue.

It's just damn sad that this discussion even has to take place.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   

DeadSeraph
Only a matter of time until someone does actually shoot one of these punks and then the media props it up as a "hate crime" and plays the race card. We'll have the zimmerman trial 2.0 if people don't get a fricken grip soon.

I really have to wonder at people who are so messed up in the head that they think brutally assaulting a random, helpless, innocent person is somehow fun. What sort of parents do these kids have? What sort of role models? Is the "thug life" crap being propagated by the music industry and hip hop artists ever going to stop? When is the african american community going to demand better from their peers and their children? When is the caucasian community going to demand better from the old white rich record executives who promote this garbage?

Disgusting. The worst part about it, is that these young people are only destroying their own futures by destroying others.

To answer your question about Parents....the answer is "Mother only" as in most cases, the "daddy" is not present in the household because he is too busy out spreading his seed.

I agree with you and the OP 100%. Unfortunately, its never going to end, and it is only going to get worse.

I think that while we have a "race/hate" crime, I also think we need to institute an "Age Gap" crime if the age difference tween offender and victim is X years.

Thoughts?

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Over the years I have hardened my heart to man's inhumanity to man; not proud of it but that is the way it is. Walking down streets seeing beggars with their little bowls asking for a few coins to survive on or watching people bleed out knowing there was no way to stem the flow of their life's blood changes you.

Almost 40 years ago I figured I could not feed everyone.... and if and when everything I had was given away I doubted there would be a few coins given to me in my begging bowl.

If I saw a group beating someone it would depend on where I was and who was doing what to whom.. Getting involved without knowing what started the altercation is not always a good idea... However, the knockout game which seems to be more prevalent in certain cities seems to be a situation where if the act was actually seen by a bi-stander such as yourself an intervention might be called for. Unfortunately the victim is usually blind sided and after one punch they are lights out. Then the group robs and leaves or just leaves while laughing on the way to the next victim.

I am nothing special IMO just a guy trying to survive until my body gives out on it's on. My weapon is for my own protection and the protection of my loved ones. If someone refuses to take personal responsibility for their loves ones or their own life then it would take a very clear example for me to interfere with natural selection. Especially in America where the agenda and politics seems to be wanting to fry anyone who would actually defend someone of no relation. Just thoughts and as with anything I would have to figure out what is going on and where my loved ones will be if I do decide to intervene.
I have said it before, "there is a lawyer attached to every bullet fired". I am not a cop or protector of humanity in my mind anymore.. Let the Nanny State take care of their own.... time will tell how that works out.

The last time I actually helped someone in dire straights was a woman who was on a motorcycle and was hit by a truck. I got her out of the road as my wife directed traffic around the sight... She was scuffed up and bleeding from a head wound and was pretty much cold cocked by the accident. Everyone else just ignored or stood around playing pocket pool watching what would happen next... I ruined my shirt as she bleed on me and never saw the woman again after I left her with others on the sidewalk... However that was a clear case and met my requirements for intervention. Other cases I have just kept walking/driving because the criteria for my intervention was not met.

If I saw a victim of the knock out game and could video the perps doing the deed I would and call 911 in the states. If they continued to beat the victim looking like they were wanting to kill, then and only then would I attempt to intervene either with voice or other means.
Just my thoughts; for everyone has to make their own mind up on what they would do and suffer the consequences (good or bad) of their actions afterwards.

I will die for my family if necessary but for someone else..... it is very problematic for me. In war, it was not my job to die for my country but to make the ones shooting at me die for theirs. Patton had a few good ideas IMO. Those who would do harm and have declared war on the innocent; call it whatever because people die, are hurt, and maimed, regardless if it is a declared war or a couple of thugs who bust your door down in the middle of the night...Extreme response to thugs is what should happen but alas it seems that is not always the case when one looks at a rap sheet where the Perps have been arrested 16 times before their 21st birthday... and are free to wreck their mayhem on society once again.

Like I said I have a hard heart now and have no sorrow for some young man who is killed because he wanted to hurt or rob someone else... Served him right IMO; just sorry for all the victims before he met his well deserved end.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I remember seeing this a number of years ago over in the UK and some Eastern Euro countries.

First time I saw I think was a collection of videos on ebaums world.

Somehow idiots thought it would be fun to assault strangers. If I recall correctly there have already been a few deaths directly attributed to this crap and being charged with manslaughter or homicide still isnt enough to dissuade morons from doing this.

Knockout King 2011
Man killed in knockout game 2013

The one we all love: Knockout Game perp shot dead

It's a perfect storm of everything that's wrong with the world. Serious consequences up to life in prison not being a deterrent for self-centered narcissistic individuals who see assault and battery as a game who are not being appropriately stopped by a population that has willfully disarmed itself because "the cops will keep them safe."

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Our little town of less than 10000 people 3 have went away for life in the last year or so because they picked on an old person and killed them. 2 18 year olds and a 17 life with no chance of parole. All done during the daylight with many people watching. They didn't think anyone would tell on them

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by phantomjack

I was thinking about what kind of law could possibly deter this and at that moment I had to ask, why? Why should there have to be a law in place to make people act like people? As I said, I sure don't have the answer, but would love to see something other than death come out of this all.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   

There are already a dozen laws covering assault, harassment and if need be manslaughter, homicide, etc...

Laws dont deter. It couldnt be more painfully obvious to everyone on the planet that running up and bashing another human being in the head is not acceptable behavior.

This isnt like drug laws or loitering laws or laws that regulate things you would have no reasonable expectation to assume were illegal had someone not explicitly pointed it out to you. This is direct harm to a person.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   

four members of the national Championship Alabama football team were arrested after three played the game two times, and the fourth tried to use a debit card taken during the attacks.

So much for good life lessons being learned in team sports, at least not for these four.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   

network dude
reply to post by phantomjack

I was thinking about what kind of law could possibly deter this and at that moment I had to ask, why? Why should there have to be a law in place to make people act like people? As I said, I sure don't have the answer, but would love to see something other than death come out of this all.

Why? Well, the only answer that I can counter with is that a law is the only language the thugs have a chance of understanding.

While we certainly don't need any more laws in this country, I think laws that are meant to be a deterrent in this case might be acceptable.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I see so many things which are wrong and which i feel can be attributed to a community problem. As an example, if there is some-one within your community who is doing something criminal, then it is the responsibility of the citizens of that community to report that person to the police. There is no lack of honour in reporting/grassing up some-one who is harming your own people. Make it clear that this person has no place in your community and needs to be moved.

If the police don't do anything then the citizens must get together and tell the offender to get the hell outta dodge. Approach the person or family in numbers and tell them that this behaviour is unacceptable and they are no longer welcome here. Get the local shopkeepers onside and refuse to serve them. Tell them that they have 3 months to move or any suspected offences will be re-paid.

It's hardly a lynch mob and may be deemed illegal but we the people must learn to look after our own, even if it means administering a justice which may not adhere to the law. It seems we're now all so downtrodden that we need some-one to stand up on our behalf. We should feel empowered to look after ourselves and our community and stop serving the tyrants that have ultimately brought misery to us all with laws that serve individuals and not justice.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
One time a group "played this game" with my brother while I went in the store and I came out and mob was on him. Only thing that stopped them was when I dropped two of them with my skateboard. So, your probably not to wrong in using some kind of extreme means to stop them; as unless your some kind of martial artist (which I'm not) it's hard to stop a group of people by yourself. Especially, when you're trying to save someone else from getting beat, for no reason...

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by agentofchaos

Awesome. Theres one response. Wade right in swinging away...

Black Belt, skateboard, 7th degree

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
The problem I see is that we have a racial/socioeconomic group that no longer sees such behavior as "erratic" or even wrong
Whether it is anger or hate based I can't say, but there are many urban youth who no longer feel any connection with humanity as a whole. They feel repressed, neglected and victimized. They come from neighborhoods with few functional families, schools that fail them and police who watch them. Many think most everyone else has a great advantage over them. Like falling too far behind the pack most don't care to run the race especially when they view it as rigged from the start. Maybe they're right.
That doesn't excuse any of this behavior but if it we want it and other violent behaviors to stop we better start looking at where they begin.
edit on 25-9-2013 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-9-2013 by Asktheanimals because: format error

edit on 25-9-2013 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join