It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Horrifying: Exclusive video footage of the Westgate Mall attack

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
This exclusive raw video was taken by an eye witness at the Westgate Mall in Kenya and sent to CCTV Africa. The owner was trapped in the mall for 5 hours before being rescued by the police. The eye witness has requested to remain anonymous

www.blacklistednews.com...

www.youtube.com...

Can somebody please upload the video in the thread, I'm having trouble. If not, just click the links to watch. It's worth it.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by devildogUSMC

There you go :

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Thank you. Anybody see this on T.V.? Why not?

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Will probably get there eventually on the MSM, it is starting to pop up all over Google right now.

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
That is absolutely horrifying. Not knowing where is safe, knowing people are being shot/killed, some people were most likely separated from family members and worrying about their safety. Death could be around any corner and these people were defenseless. Scary scary scary.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Something that has not been talked about yet is... has anyone stopped to think about what those terrorists may have done to some of those thousands and thousands of consumables in that mall?

They could have laced/booby trapped items with almost any type of unimaginable poison,bacterial, explosive or dirty weapon?

Scary to imagine when you think of the time that they were in there!

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Wow, the mall needs to be shut down, in my opinion. There is no way to know and the risk is too great. There could be explosives planted to take the mall down the second it reopens. You are right about this.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Now imagine if a few of these people actually had firearms on them.

They could be running to the shooter and taking him down instead of cowering behind shelves waiting to be shot.

There are kids in there that could get hit.....I don't know how much more of a reason people need to get weapons on people.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Tinkerpeach

And I wonder how many of the "terrorists" had permits for their weapons. The bad guys cannot be the only one's with weapons. What chance do people have?

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Do you really believe a bad guy will absolutely get a permit for a firearm???

Attacks on civilians is despicable...

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by NowanKenubi

No i was being sarcastic. No way. No chance. Not one.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Apparently and according to MSM the mall had or is being secured for explosives after the final assault... Noone talks about other potential threats!

The interior ministry said security officials were in "mop-up operations" and that "we're very near the end", while the police said they were defusing explosives planted in the area.

We're very near the end???

More here :

www.bbc.co.uk...

and here :

www.nytimes.com...

Normally a pretty easiy job with trained sniffer dogs for the explosives i suppose, but for the rest... *scratches head*

Taking into consideration the size of that place i am sure that it is going to take a heck of a long time to completely secure the zone of any imaginable threat.

edit on 25-9-2013 by Rodinus because: My spelling is getting worse!

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

They should just demolish it.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Tinkerpeach

Now imagine if a few of these people actually had firearms on them.

They could be running to the shooter and taking him down instead of cowering behind shelves waiting to be shot.

They could also very easily have shot and killed the couple who did, somehow, get weapons whom I was reading about earlier...and worked to save over 200 people while trading fire with the terrorists at one point.

I own firearms and I carry a gun regularly. Having said that? America has so many 10's of millions of guns...they never go away. Not in 20 generations do they go away...so it's a whole different thing.

Kenya? Any of Africa...really? I wouldn't add guns into a society as a regular thing, where it isn't a core part of their makeup to begin with. I wouldn't have it here ....if there had been another way for the US. It's a tragedy there....but I think more guns in the total chaos would have been more dead, not less in this sort of thing.
edit on 25-9-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

You are a very wise Wrabbit, my friend. Africa does not need everybody owning guns. I didn't take into consideration the societal differences between here and there. I was just thinking about the mall incident specifically.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Thought it was something new, same old info circulating. Here's a thread I made when the attacks begun.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

MSM have left us hanging, situation is still unclear.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSnow

Any feel for why the Kenyan Government has been trying to lock down information from the start? I've noticed them being almost absurd about their requests/demands that speculation not take place and people not talk. They may as well order people to stop breathing while they're at it.

You'd think the CT School shooting would have taught to whole world something about trying to starve the press and public of info. No one goes WITHOUT. They just make crap up for lack of real info. It seems just being up front would be the only real solution to that?

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Just trying to highlight the video, my friend. I'm not trying to steal your thunder.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Wrabbit2000

Any feel for why the Kenyan Government has been trying to lock down information from the start? I've noticed them being almost absurd about their requests/demands that speculation not take place and people not talk. They may as well order people to stop breathing while they're at it.

You'd think the CT School shooting would have taught to whole world something about trying to starve the press and public of info. No one goes WITHOUT. They just make crap up for lack of real info. It seems just being up front would be the only real solution to that?

Yeah it's really ridiculous, the fact that they've now gone silent and the last we heard of the situation was the president re-assuring us the situation had been dealt with. His speech was followed by heavy gun fire hours later and the local media have created a blackout. International media are covering the attack but with the same info coming in, no new details no nothing! Kenyans left guessing.

Kenyans now cheering on the US and Israeli "peace keeping" forces and encouraging new attacks on Somalia. It's making my stomach turn, why is it so hard to teach people? Let's not forget that the literacy rate in Kenya is now approx 80%. The attackers have created twitter accounts claiming the GOK have been misleading us (MSM being Government owned) and that the three floors that caved in were done by the KDF killing all the remaining survivors. Although the info seems to contradict itself at times claiming later on that they had strapped all remaining survivors with bombs.

We can point out several reasons, one being the justification of new attacks on Somalia. The new found Oil in Kenya and the newly created friction between Muslims and Christians (Sudan, Nigeria etc). The excuse of setting up US special forces training camps in the region for the purpose of ''training the Kenyan Defence forces'' and the creation of the COMESA (Common market place for East and Southern Africa).

devildogUSMC

Just trying to highlight the video, my friend. I'm not trying to steal your thunder.

Not a problem dude, the fact that the GOK or MSM has not reported new info is really getting on my nerves. I was hoping they had released something when I clicked on this thread. It's a shame really, nothing what so every over the past 24+ hours.
edit on 26-9-2013 by DeadSnow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Encouraging attacks on Somalia? uhh... Attacks on what, exactly? Tents and huts? The ruins of what once were productive towns and cities? I think Mogadishu kinda has a Government...or warlord of the moment anyway. ..or is Mogadishu now Al Shabab-land entirely?

Important question...after I stop choking on the US/Israeli Peacekeeper part (hadn't heard anything about that).... Are they cheering Kenyan military action to happen against Somalia or US (surely not Israeli) action?

I think of Somalia and think...there really couldn't be a worse snake pit on Earth right now to send an Army and lose it into the sheer anarchy of the place.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join