It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stargate Command - Calling out all the SG Fans.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I know that they are all streaming on Amazon Prime which is nice and I know they were on Netflix streaming but they took it off. I remember because they had episodes out of sequence and it was part of the show where you would be confused if watching out of sequence. I called the customer service for Netflix and told them and in about a week it was fixed lol

Yea Ronan grew on me too. I don't like Teyla. She just annoys me lol
edit on 9/24/2013 by mblahnikluver because: Grammar nazi myself

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I enjoyed the movie, I guess the first series was okay for the first year or 3, then IDK I feel they just squeezed it too much.

The Game that came out when the movie did was hard AF.

Still think its cool when the eyes flash white and they talk with that super bass voice... If evil aliens come to us, I at least hope they sound cool, before we are enslaved/eaten. :p

I just couldn't get into the other series, I watched a few and was just like meh, and in all honesty, I felt at the same time the entire scifi channel was becoming crappier by the day, but thats just MAO.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I'm looking for the opinions of Stargate fans, and what they would have done differently with the series. What changes would you have made to each franchise to make them better?

I've come up with an alternate storyline that I think is pretty awesome.
Now keep in mind these are just some general thoughts I've had while trying to get to sleep at night.

The first part of this takes place in the past, maybe 200 or 300 years before Stargate SG-1. It begins on one of the Goa'uld "slave worlds" where the Goa'uld will, say every 100 years or so, go to take slave workers. The world is rather primitive; no advanced technology, just people living simply in scattered villages. One particular resident has the particular hobby of studying plants... and partaking of the drug-like effects of some of them. One day he is roaming the nearby forest and discovers a new kind of plant he has never seen before. While the drug-like effects of other similar-looking plants are well-known to him, this one is a mystery. He gathers what he can and takes it back to the village to study. Eventually his curiosity gets the best of him, and he just can't refrain from... eating it.

The plant very quickly induces a sort of psychedelic delirium, and he alternates between feelings of ecstasy and paranoid rage. After several days of suffering these effects and the village doctor having no idea what to do about it, the people decide that it would be best to lock him away until his state improves (if it does). And then they arrive.

The Goa'uld come to the planet, but not just to take slaves. The Goa'uld in charge of the troops needs a new host. His current host is dying from some sort of disease that the Goa'uld cannot fix, so he orders his Jaffa soldiers to round up as many of the locals that they can so that the Goa'uld can take his pick of which body he wants to inhabit, and more importantly, which mind he wants to dominate. After not being entirely satisfied with the selection before him, he is informed by one of his Jaffa of this man who is locked in a makeshift cell. He goes to investigate, and seeing this man locked in this cell, assumes he is some sort of criminal. The Jaffa upon request remove him from the cell for inspection by the Goa'uld, and he immediately goes into one of his bat**** crazy rages, kicking, fighting, screaming obscenities and spitting. The Goa'uld knows now which body he is meant to take, which mind he is meant to conquer. The Jaffa hold him down to allow the Goa'uld master to enter into this body, which it successfully does.

Unfortunately for the Goa'uld, the particular drug which this man was under the influence of is highly toxic to Goa'uld. It does not kill them, but it causes irreversible brain damage to the part of the brain which allows for decision-making. Once fusing with the host, the Goa'uld simply... becomes mentally paralyzed. The condition of the Goa'uld leaves the host full access to all of its memories and bodily functions... and its personality. Upon fusion with the Goa'uld, the man suddenly snaps out of his drug-induced delirium, standing there as the Jaffa ask for orders on what to do with the other villagers. He quickly comes to understand what just happened and orders the Jaffa back through the stargate.
After being left alone with his newfound knowledge, he goes back to the forest for several days to gather as many of these plants as he can find. Eventually he goes back through the stargate to the world from which the Goa'uld inside him came and begins growing and preserving these plants in secret.

Fast forward a bit to present SG-1 time

It is revealed in another dialogue that the free Jaffa have a story forbidden amongst the Goa'uld and regular Jaffa of a host which mentally overpowers its Goa'uld symbiote and essentially enslaves it. The name of this being is Heckel (no particular reason I came up with that name, it just came to me).

This previously mentioned man has taken advantage of Goa'uld technology to search for and travel to another "virgin" world free from the Goa'uld. Offering them knowledge and technology, he quickly positions himself into power in this world, driving the united world civilization to rapid social and technological advancement. However, due to being in constant contact with the memories and personality of his Goa'uld "slave" and their creeping influence on his own mind, he has become consumed by hatred for the Goa'uld and is hell-bent on not only destroying them, but on enslaving and torturing them. While he has become a very efficient and positive leader, he knows that if and when it comes down to it, he might sacrifice everything to get revenge on these parasites.

One day a Tok'ra informs SG-1 that one of their operatives has noticed a period of extremely fast technological advancement on a world they have "recently" discovered and have been observing for some time. Goa'uld presence is suspected, but this can not make sense as the Goa'uld do not know of this world. As this particular operative can not make his presence known, SG-1 is asked to go through the world's stargate and make contact with the inhabitants to investigate what exactly is going on.

This is where they meet what they believe to be an actual Goa'uld; the man who has accidentally enslaved his symbiote. SG-1 is very cautious, unsure of what exactly is going on. A lone Goa'uld with no Jaffa who is basically "helping" this world. When he discovers that SG-1 is an enemy of the Goa'uld, he offers to give them his entirety of knowledge of Goa'uld technology in the interest of a mutual relationship between his new world and Earth. This opportunity obviously seems like a dream come true, so he is invited to Earth to speak with Hammond. It is there that he informs SG-1 of his freedom from his symbiote and that he also has a weapon (his drug) which can annihilate the Goa'uld, once and for all, and that he will need help to use it to its full potential. However, this opportunity comes with a cost; SG-1 and Earth must immediately cease all contact with the Tok'ra, as he believes them to be too dangerous to keep as allies due to their potential ability to unknowingly harbor Goa'uld spies... And because, through his extreme hatred of the Goa'uld, he also secretly plans to exterminate every last Tok'ra. This arrangement of ceasing contact with the Tok'ra is left up for ongoing discussion. The politics of such a decision can play a large role in the story.

But he has another condition; he wants to meet the Asgard. This is allowed, and he meets with them as requested. He makes his case to the Asgard that he wants to destroy the Goa'uld as they have destroyed so many others and asks for their knowledge of technology to assist in this endeavor. The Asgard, being mostly neutral, flat out refuse to help him with any such thing, as they believe that due to their advanced state, it is not their place to directly interfere. He leaves, very angry that his request was not met.

Continued

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by trollz

Anyway, I think this could have been a potentially awesome storyline. One possibility is that SG-1 refuses this Heckel's conditions for an alliance, and the Tok'ra learn of his plans. This scares him into reluctantly forming an alliance with Anubis to declare open war against the Asgard in order to steal their technology for use against the Goa'uld and the Tok'ra.
Does SG-1 throw away their previous alliances with the Tok'ra and Asgard to take advantage of the offer? Do they refuse, and force Heckel to go to war with them by default out of fear that his plan will fall apart? Does Anubis acquire even more Asgard technology and become too powerful a force for ANYONE to handle? Do the Asgard actually choose a side and finally show off the full extent of their might?

Anubis should have had more focus throughout the series because he was BADASS, so this would be pretty epic.
Anyway, so... It could use alot of tweaking and refining, but that there is the beginnings of a pretty interesting storyline. Tell me what y'all SG-1 fans think.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   
The Stargate MMO was cancelled because they ran out of funds to develop it

here's a list of games with Stargate mods:
stargatefanprod.wikia.com...

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   

HomerinNC
The Stargate MMO was cancelled because they ran out of funds to develop it

here's a list of games with Stargate mods:
stargatefanprod.wikia.com...

The guy overseeing the funds was a crook. They kept running out of money for almost no reason...

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by trollz

More prease.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by chucknasty

You should add some stuff to it. Do you have any ideas?

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   

trollz
reply to post by trollz

Anyway, I think this could have been a potentially awesome storyline. One possibility is that SG-1 refuses this Heckel's conditions for an alliance, and the Tok'ra learn of his plans. This scares him into reluctantly forming an alliance with Anubis to declare open war against the Asgard in order to steal their technology for use against the Goa'uld and the Tok'ra.
Does SG-1 throw away their previous alliances with the Tok'ra and Asgard to take advantage of the offer? Do they refuse, and force Heckel to go to war with them by default out of fear that his plan will fall apart? Does Anubis acquire even more Asgard technology and become too powerful a force for ANYONE to handle? Do the Asgard actually choose a side and finally show off the full extent of their might?

Anubis should have had more focus throughout the series because he was BADASS, so this would be pretty epic.
Anyway, so... It could use alot of tweaking and refining, but that there is the beginnings of a pretty interesting storyline. Tell me what y'all SG-1 fans think.

The alliance with the Tokra was shaky at best. And the Goaold Sytem Lords were all taken down, so there was not much left over after. The only storyline which could continue is Goaold subversion through hiding their presence in their hosts.

Although, your storyline does offer a different one to what happened, perhaps in a parallel universe. I offer up stars for originality and creativity.

Cheers.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Reporting as ordered.. SG fan first class here..

I LOVE SG-1.. My favorite episode os where they switched minds and Teal'Q and Col Oneil were mimicking each other.. HILARIOUS.. Teal'q acting like Col Oneil, using his real voice..lol

Last summer, Netflix had SG-1 streaming.. I had 3 weeks before it was taken off and hard charged thru all the seasons!

SG-Atlantis .. to me it is too Hokey and Lame, like much of Sci-fi channel stuff. (although I love this channel, lol)
The whole thing seems too off for me, maybe one day.

SGU.. WAS AWESOME!! I really LOVED SG-U..
Robert Carlyle--Dr Rush.. My biggest love/hate character EVER.
David Blue -- Eli Wallace .. I really liked this kid, And he is Jonah Hill's doppelganger..lol.

Just an awesome show.. the Ending was at least a decent attempt at closure.. Always thought it would be revived..
from what is posted by Exec.s, the series failed because of all the TEMPER TANTRUMING fans of SG-1..
SG-1 fans "hated everything, no matter what because SG-1 was gone and Atlantis SUCKS" basically.

edit on 25-9-2013 by HanzHenry because: froze laptop

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

SG1 4 lyfe!

I sure miss it =\

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   
SG1 was brilliant - nothing more, nothing less. Yes it got a bit old in that it could be very "samey" but generally some very good and also amusing plots. As already pointed out, Baal's corporate takeover is pure sci-fi genius.

Atlantis, well i am still not so sure about this. It is actually just being re run over here in the UK and i am watching again. I have to admit though, i am not watching very avidly - but i do love Rodney! As to the Wraith, not actually very impressive as the major bad guys, especially when you consider that the SG team had so much experience in doing away with bad guys. All in all a bit pants but with some good moments.

Universe - well, the potential was there at any rate and whilst episodes could be brilliant overall, for me, it was very "meh". This could be down to the fact though that i was still sulking (and still am) at the decision to do away with SG1. I mean, realistically, with the number of stargates out there, they could be making new daily episodes on that theme for decades to come!

I have to say, also, i am still rather crushed (in sci fi terms) at the demise of the Asgaard - best depiction of an advanced alien race on many a tv series / film.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

Not only the best Stargate show ever done, it was one of the best sci-fi series ever created with so much potential.
There was so, so much potential for that show, and it is very disappointing even to this day that it was cancelled so soon.
Stargate was and is one of my most favorite sci-fi shows. And since Stargate went off air, there haven't been hardly any sci-fi shows that could replace it, or have interested me.

I too find that it had great potential and was very good. That ship concept it really top notch creativity.

edit on 25-9-2013 by HanzHenry because: bb

edit on 25-9-2013 by HanzHenry because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I watched SGU in its first run, and got into the series that way. Saw the original movie in theatres and loved it... then only saw scattered episodes of SG-1 through the years (My favourite was the Black Hole). When it showed up on Netflix, I started a very long voyage. I don't get a lot of time to watch my "nerd shows" (as my wife calls them), so it's taken me about 2 years to get through SG-1's ten seasons (almost there!! (SG-1 is still on Netflix in Canada, and Atlantis is on Netflix Ireland)). I have not seen a single episode of Atlantis yet, and have not seen the supplementary movies...

So I'm going to comment specifically on SGU. At the end of it all, they were entering this area between galaxies which would take 2 years to cross, and would have to shut down the vast majority of the ship to make it. Eli volunteered to stay out of stasis and keep watch. To me, that was a perfect opening to create the mother of all motion pictures... to press for the series to get started up again after people had a chance to think about it for two years. They were going some pretty awesome places with that show, and there was so much potential, since they had only explored a fraction of the ship. I think there could easily have been other civilizations which had reached the ship, and they simply had not encountered each other yet

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I always thought that they could have added technology from the previous two shows to SGU but the best idea I came up with its where they took technology from Atlantis to destiny, particularly they could have brought the technology that they used when they brought Atlantis to earth where they opened a wormhole in space in the Pegasus galaxy and sent the entire city of Atlantis to earth to fight off the wraith they could have easily used that type of technology to bring destiny back to earth even if they had to make multiple jumps from galaxy to galaxy to speed up the process of getting destiny from one galaxy to the next

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 06:25 AM
link   
SG1

the only thing that would have made SG1 better was Vala being added to the team much earlier, mitchell probably could have been brought in earlier even though i hated him when he was first introduced but he won me over after i saw his interactions with Vala.....

SGA

i must admit Atlantis was my favorite because i love the rodney character and the utter ridiculousness of the storylines , i also thought it was funnier than SG1.. it got much better in season 2 after Ronon joined the team... i agree Weir was Annoying they should have had woolsey in charge from the begining and carter in charge as soon as SG1 ended....

SGU

It took me a while to get into universe... i loved the pilot but after a few episodes i got bored with the constant drama and zero humour, Eli was supposed to be the comic relief but i found him annoying and childish, the only characters i could remotely stand on SGU were Scott, Greer and TJ... I stuck with it and got used to the darker tone and by the time it got canceled i was totally hooked.... but still, now when i want some Sci fi drama i watch BSG because it's the greatest sci-fi possibly ever

There was a rumor that the entire franchise was getting a reboot in the form of a movie trilogy but im not sure if it's going ahead....MGM would be idiots to sit on the rights to the franchise and not use it considering how many fans there actually are... SG1 was a global sensation in every way, the others not so much

edit on 26/9/2013 by Ph03n1x because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
shivers and shaking here....
withdrawls......
just...ended sgu....
must.. have ...mooooore

Stargate Horizon.....
All shows intwined together in one..

Atlantis is back on earth...Need to help ppl in Pegasus...
Goa´ulds are gone...Right?
Destiny needs help....

Three? problems, Three teams....

Work it out....

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I liked the original movie but hated the tv shows that followed.
If none of those shows existed and I was tasked with making one, I would have followed a similar premise to the film.

You have a group of soldiers and scientists who find themselves trapped on an alien world and are looking for a way back to Earth. So each time they pop up in an alien world, they have to try and get a stargate working to try again. Basically, I would have made Sliders with machine guns.

The difference is that I would have made it more like the manga series "Gantz" in terms of gratuitous violence and unexpected deaths. Or "Game of Thrones" would be another good example. Kill off a main character every now and then. Do it. Shock the audience. Make them feel the pain of that loss. Then move on.

Imagine, if you will, this group bouncing across the universe in search of home. They find themselves fighting this war of attrition, slowly dwindling in numbers. Changing for the worse. Becoming empty callous shells of themselves unsure of whether to keep going or just find a suitable planet and live there for the rest of their lives. Haunted by the memory of their dead companions and the thought of what they may face on the next world.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Well....

Instead of doing it like 1 step forward and 5 back each episode.
Why not the opisite...

1 step forward every episode. Let each episode
have a followup of previous. For instance, if they
manage to aquier some gadget or whatever, have
a short followup the next episode..

Once in a while, they hit a bit of a setback.

Sidetracking is also a bit of a nusance.
Sure it could be, but, with something
in that story to set them ON track
again....

And a new story could be what i described above...
3 storys in 1...

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Huge Stargate fan here...
I agree with you whole-heartedly about Weir on SGA. I could not stand her most of the time. She would definitely be the thing that I would change about that show. Actually, when I think about it I'd probably change a lot of that cast. The only characters I would keep are Teyla, Ronon, Sam, and Dr. McKay. Ronon and McKay were my favorites.

I also agree with you that Stargate Universe was super underrated. I actually like this one the best. It is the first one that really focused on exploration in the way that I like. I loved watching them explore worlds with life forms that didn't look human. I wish they would have continued this one for as long as they did SG1. I just wanted the whole crew to get onboard with that one guy and stop worrying about getting back home. If they would have embraced the experience and focused their energy on exploration and learning then I think it would have been better. I got tired of seeing them crying for their loved ones and Earth when they had the opportunity to do something as adventurous as that... Flying into suns for fuel or sitting at home watching television? Uhmmmm..., flying into suns.
edit on 31-12-2013 by SleepyOwl because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join