It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Guns out of Control: Shouldn't the World Intervene?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

They are outnumbered nation-wide over 1,000 to 1 and unless they are willing to nuke cities they would eventually lose.

There are many strategies for dealing with such a situation. No need to nuke cities. Turn off the water, the gas and the oil. People would be killing each other on the streets for food. Armed and hungry people will do desperate things...

I think you find most would happily hand there guns in for protection and food. Those that did not would soon become the minority and seen as such.

I have said it before and will say it again instead of worrying so much about your guns you should be worried about protecting your freedom of speech. That is a far more formidable weapon..

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Depends on where you live. Urban centers can of course be decimated by shutting the power off. Where I am everyone has their own wells, wood stoves, manual pumps, etc.... Shutting the power and water off would go unnoticed by many.

You are right in saying we are a minority. A trampled and disenfranchised minority targeted for extermination. Have been for decades.

Cant we simply worry about freedom? Isolating one right over another is part of the game that gets freedom taken away. All rights or no rights. Splitting efforts among a hierarchy of liberty is asinine. We're either free or we arent and right now we arent. Havent been for a century or more.
edit on 26-9-2013 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

No we shouldn't, it is their own business, they will either sort out gun control laws or let everyone walk about with them.
The gun culture is ingrained in the USAer's psyche, also what could the UN do? boots on the ground? never going to happen

As for boots on the ground, I have never hoped for boy monkey to be correct about anything
so much. But as usual with this member I disagree. For the love of God I hope you're correct
BM. If not there will be thousands slaughtered. Fingys crossed and we will likely see
in a couple weeks tops, what will happen.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I think it is hilarious that all the gun supporters here jump right to thinking the UN would send troops to confiscate weapons. This is the problem with gun lovers...they always want to use their guns...so that is the only way they can think.

If the UN and the world wanted to force the USA to deal with the gun issue, they would do so with economic sanctions and diplomatic pressure. They would make life in the US suck so bad that the public would raise up themselves and demand that Congress immediately pass strict gun control laws.

How would you like to have $10-$15 per gallon gasoline...maybe even higher. How about 20% interest rates because they tank our credit? How about extreme inflation because the world dumps our bonds?

The fact is that non-gun owners out number gun owners in this country, but they really have no motivation to rise up to demand gun control. I suspect even some gun owners that aren't the highly militant type would demand Congress do something. The alternative would be going to war with the entire world...which we would quickly decide is a bad idea as we start seeing modern war on our soil.

The UN and the World could actually accomplish this without involving any military units at all. All it would take is for them to decide enough is enough. We live in a world economy now, so if the world is against you, they can apply enough pressure to you to make you do whatever they want.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Couple of weeks? What makes you say that?

I highly doubt anyone is dumb enough to try and come after our guns. That will turn very ugly, very fast!

Godspeed to whoever tries that ignorant BS...

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Who says it isnt? Freedom is freedom is freedom for all things and all people. Picking and choosing freedoms is part of the politicians game and not representative of a nation of people as a whole. Hell, no person or people are representative of every other person or people anywhere on this planet. Even in the darkest depths of the Klan there exist differing opinions.

Politicians are above the law.. no one cares.

The NSA spies on American citizen.. no one cares

American citizens can be held without trial... no one cares

Banking cartel robs you family for generations to come.. no one cares..

2 illegal wars and nearly 2 million dead - no one cares..

Now the US is passing the Free Flow of Information Act setting limitations on alternative journalism...

Guess what.. no one cares...

Your freedom of speech is a far more potent weapon than guns.

Someone mentions gun control and a whole load of baby toys end up outside their prams.. Your freedom is being eradicated and the only thing I am seeing any passion is your right to bear arms.

Stop acting like a bunch of sheeple zombies...

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   

purplemer

Your freedom of speech is a far more potent weapon than guns.

Freedom is important. Period. One aspect no more so than the others.

Ans you're right. By the numbers America is a nation of sheep who don't care. Same goes for the majority of the earths population. They all have their niche causes but when it comes to freedom very few are all in.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by KawRider9

I highly doubt anyone is dumb enough to try and come after our guns. That will turn very ugly, very fast!

I doubt you would even bother getting off your couch...I do not see much in the way of protest of activism coming out of the US these days.... You really think you would take up arms against a military.. Well tell me how good your guns are going to be when you have white phosphorus raining down on your sorry butt...
Protect your constitution not just your guns and none of the above will happen. Otherwise it will be taken apart piece by piece until all your rights are diminished.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienScience

You know not what you say.

Impose sanctions on the US that's a joke. In case you didn't know the only military in the world that could do it is ..........well guess. So it's not going to happen. BTW do you have any idea why the Mideast is stable enough to export oil......guess and I will tell you no it isn't because of the UK. But go ahead cut us off make us withdraw our forces then we can reduce military spending and we will tap every oil deposit around us and there are plenty. Don't you realize one of the main reasons we haven't is because we don't need to and when everyone else runs out we will still have plenty. They are like reserves. It may just be the thing we need to tap all our other resources solar, geothermal, wind, natural gass, and don't forget we have mountains of coal. Manufacturing plants would reopen our economy would soar and we would stop wasting trillions on foreign aid.

It wouldn't take two months before sanctions were dropped and the UN would be begging us to come back but by that time we just may tell you to bug off.

So please I am beggin the world try it.

edit on 26-9-2013 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   

purplemer

kozmo
Send them - I dare them to come! "From behind every blade of grass". They had better make sure to pack a body bag into every soldier's duffel. They're going to need them!

It amazes me that you think like that. Do you really think guns are going to save you from a military force. If they want your guns they will take them and if you resisted you would be killed. The fire power does not tally. Do you think if every man, women and child in waco was armed that would have saved them...

What makes you think our military wouldn't be on our side. I got news for you a lot of military are gun owners. Everyone in my squad was. We once had a fun talk about such a scenario. For a good portion of us being American means the right to bear arms that's not going to change.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by KawRider9

I suppose it's just a hunch

Remeber, just a hunch.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   

purplemer
reply to post by SasquatchHunter

Exactly! As soon as we pulled our resources how many of these countries would be invaded the next day?
How many nations would go bankrupt the next day? This is just laughable.

I hope you are having a giraffe... What resources are you talking about. The US is broke. The US makes it money on the petro dollar and by exploiting nations through World Trade agreements. Contary to what you may think the world would actually be better off without the US. 5% of the worlds population using some 20% of the worlds resources..The Western world lives off the back of the poorer nations and you think they would go bankrupt...

The U.S. isn't broke and your entire reply is so misinformed. The richest corporations are American the U.S. has more wealthy individuals than the rest of the worlds wealth combined.

Chinas economy is completely dependant on trade with the U.S. They import all of their computer tech from America just like many other nations.

Japan Nigeria and many middle eastern and tiny nations would starve without American agriculture.

These oil rich nations that have no food depend on our chemical process tech and processes to make their resources profitable.

What would happen if the U.S. pulled resources out of S. Korea? Taiwan? Japan?

America has plenty of natural resources we have all the tech innovation and real wealth.

Other Nations that abuse their own people to benefit from American buying power, isn't right but its also not our fault.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SasquatchHunter

The U.S. isn't broke and your entire reply is so misinformed. The richest corporations are American the U.S. has more wealthy individuals than the rest of the worlds wealth combined.

Total US debt nearly $60,000,000,000,000. To say you are not broke is nothing short of delusional.......

www.usdebtclock.org...

Peruse a screenshot from the us debt clock above and then explain to me how the us is not broke. The richest corporations are not American they are multinational companies. Maybe you should look up who owns the federal reserve. You may be enlightened..

A quick look at the top ten richest companies..2 have there headquarters in the usa. Three in China. Two in London rest can be seen here..

en.wikipedia.org...

America has plenty of natural resources we have all the tech innovation and real wealth.

Who is stockpiling the gold bud.. Its not the USA. The dollar is falling like a pack of cards. You are welcome to sit there and think otherwise...
edit on 26-9-2013 by purplemer because: fun..

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   

purplemer

Lysergic
They'd have to come and take 'em, and we all know they ain't got the grit for that.

Cool Fantasy.
edit on 26-9-2013 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

The US has just been robbed blind by the banking elite. Your family will be paying the debt back for generations to come. They had the grit to do that and you have done nothing.

My guess is if they came and took them I doubt you would do a dang thing about it. Thats the truth of it.

And what have you done? You probably wouldn't bust a grape in a food fight.

See how easy that is?

Yes we the American people should've had stopped the bankers, however I think UN troops taking guns would get a much different response. That'd be their final move wouldn't it?
edit on 26-9-2013 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

For now you are correct,however if you think the stroke of an administrative pen can control us all you are mistaken.
If they continue as they are you will see what WE mean.They are impotent at best all the cream of the crop are out here with me and they can't match the talent.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

Well I hope you are right..

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Not me, a civil war would be hideous.But there are some really dark folks out there and that pot is boiling.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

And what have you done? You probably wouldn't bust a grape in a food fight.

See how easy that is?

Yes we the American people should've had stopped the bankers, however I think UN troops taking guns would get a much different response. That'd be their final move wouldn't it?

What I have done would fall well out of remit of this thread. However I will ask you this. Have you ever been arrested for your belief's. If enough people did that things would change. It is time for acts of peaceful civil disobedience..

Mark my words. No one will come for your guns until Freedom of Speech is controlled and controlled it will be unless something is done about it. If you want to protect your guns protect your other freedoms..

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

crime rates will just go up taking guns...

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

If theres gonna be trouble Im trained for war.
The Fed is incapable of countering me for I am way more that a simple
legion.I am a force multiplier.

Ofc not you. A civil war would do nothing to protect your rights. It would only give the administration more reasons to control your rights. Again I state the best way to achieve change is through mass disobedience. The change that comes through the barrel of a gun is not the change you want to make things better..

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join