It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zeitgeist : How an anti-Christian documentary parroted a Christian eschatological theory.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
The well known 2007 documentary "Zeitgeist" starts off in a rather anti-Christian tone....claiming that Jesus Christ, considered Messiah by nearly 4 billion humans, was recycled from other legends from around the world. Ironically, it ends in such a way that it mirrors certain Christian eschatological beliefs.

Whether you have realized it or not, "Zeitgeist", an anti-Christian documentary, ACCURATELY presented (towards the end) the Christian prediction of the mark of the beast - as being an implanted chip. Strangely, Christian eschatologists - more than a decade ago - predicted that the "mark of the beast" is going to be an RFID microchip implant. It so happens that the writers of "Zeitgeist"... claims that the exact same thing is in store for us.

Towards the end of "Zeitgeist", we hear :
"and the final step is the implanted chip.... which many people have already been manipulated into accepting under different pretexes."

The documentary then goes on to show a clip of an American family that got themselves chipped. They are described as "pioneers in a brave new world" and are praised as being the first ever to be implanted with microchips. Then somebody claiming he wouldn't mind having "something permanently implanted" in his arm,

We then hear the documentarys narrator say this...

"In the end everybody would be locked into a monitored controlled grid, where every single action that you perform is documented, and if you get off the line they can just turn off your chip. for in that point of time every single single aspect of society would revolve around that chip. This is the picture that is painted for the future if you open your eyes to see it"

IRONICALLY...this echoes EXACTLY what Christian eschatologists said more than a decade ago - that an RFID chip implant controlling economic transactions, is around the corner. That is how many Christian eschatologists have interpreted this bit from Revelation :

And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads. And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name. - Revelation 13:15-17

My assessment is this :
"Zeitgeist" starts off in a very anti-Christian tone, in its claims that Jesus was a myth.

Then, it ironically ends with the very thing that Christian eschatologists more than a decade ago predicted would happen. (I remember reading about it in a Christian eschatological book way back in 2001.)

What are your thoughts ATS?

edit on 24-9-2013 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I don't remember that scene in Zeitgeist, which I've seen several times. What is the time stamp on that, given we're talking about the first movie?

And the writer wasn't a 'they'; it was a single person, Peter Joseph. He's right about Christianity being based on prior religions; if you look at his accompanying documentation (every sentence is sourced) you'll understand that. All religions come from the original sun worship and zodiacal understandings given how important the change of seasons was. Your interest in a 'messiah' is odd. Why do you need a tortured half man/half god to save you from your own human failings?

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by signalfire

I don't remember that scene in Zeitgeist, which I've seen several times. What is the time stamp on that, given we're talking about the first movie?

Watch the 1 hour 50 minute mark . The bit about the chip (aka Christian claim of "mark of the beast) starts during a conversation between an Aaron Russo and an N.Rockerfeller... it goes on for about 3 minutes, showing the Florida family and some other guy who said he doesn't mind an implant.

And the writer wasn't a 'they'; it was a single person, Peter Joseph.

Ok, so Peter Joseph... not a number of writers.... ends up parroting Christian eschatological claims.

Why do you need a tortured half man/half god to save you from your own human failings?
It really isn't about what I believe. I'm not even Christian by the way.
Its about how an anti-Christian documentary happens to echo something that Christian eschatologists presented more than a decade ago.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

Very interesting observation of a observation from a observation ...I need to think more or harder ..or not at all ...S&F good post

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   

sk0rpi0n
The well known 2007 documentary "Zeitgeist" starts off in a rather anti-Christian tone

Everything is not always as it seems, and your use of the word "rather" makes me wonder if you saw it too. Check your mailbox for a U2U.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   

claiming that Jesus Christ, considered Messiah by nearly 4 billion humans, was recycled from other legends from around the world.

But that's true. He is. The bullet list for the Jesus character profile contains details shared by several cultural figures preceding his birth by thousands of years.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

The bullet list for the Jesus character profile contains details shared by several cultural figures preceding his birth by thousands of years.

a) Well, Genghis Khans profile as a conqueror matches that of Alexander. By your logic, they must be the same person. They aren't.

b) In Zeigeist - a documentary that discounts Jesus' existence - accurately presents the Christian interpretation of future events... global domination... chipping people etc.

What do you think Christians were talking about... with their claims of "anti-Christ" and RFIDs being the "mark of the beast".

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Well I'm sure people with differing opinions would say you were "odd" for saying that other people with a different opinion are "odd". that's why we can't have a constructive conversations. Atheists watch documentaries and religious folks read their religious books. both are seen as facts and opposing views are always wrong.

And no Zeitgeist is not a reliable source of information and never was or will be. Its a well made documentary that is based on an opinion. As an Agnostic, I believe all paths lead to god and that Jesus/Muhammad/Buddha all speak to the minds of the people of that time and geographical location. but that is just my opinion.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by JDmOKI

Zeitgeist was a performance piece, but his discussion of Jesus being a conglomeration of other prior religious figures is documented.

As far as 'all roads lead to god', I'm not even sure what that means. Sounds nice until you actually think about it, then it becomes a head-scratching nonsequitor.

The OP is just trying to drum up a fake controversy; 'oh look, RFID chips were foretold by prophecy!' As if a people who had no clue about germs or what lightning was or basic sanitation could have predicted modern technology, but called it 'the mark of the beast' anyways.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   

a) Well, Genghis Khans profile as a conqueror matches that of Alexander. By your logic, they must be the same person. They aren't.

b) In Zeigeist - a documentary that discounts Jesus' existence - accurately presents the Christian interpretation of future events... global domination... chipping people etc.

What do you think Christians were talking about... with their claims of "anti-Christ" and RFIDs being the "mark of the beast".

I don't care about the chipping bit. There are a dozen figures throughout ancient history who were born of immaculate unions between virgins and gods and claimed to be tasked with saving the world before dying at 33 as a result of persecution and undergoing a subsequent resurrection. That story was old when Jesus was new.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   

It really isn't about what I believe. I'm not even Christian by the way.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

In this thread and several others, you can be clearly seen saying "If I say something that is right, then God has inspired me. If I say something that is wrong, then it is my own mistake." Is this the disclaimer of someone who is not a theist?

Or are you a theist, just not a Christian?

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   

signalfire
reply to post by JDmOKI

but his discussion of Jesus being a conglomeration of other prior religious figures is documented.

That would be an interesting thread on it's own. I am not sure if that is what the OP wants to focus on since it can get very deep.

If i recall correctly (been a long time since i thought about this movie) all those particular claims your commented on were easily debunked, just use a search engine.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Harvin

That would be an interesting thread on it's own. I am not sure if that is what the OP wants to focus on since it can get very deep.

If i recall correctly (been a long time since i thought about this movie) all those particular claims your commented on were easily debunked, just use a search engine.

The movie Zeitgeist is often referred to in many religious threads attempting to prove that Jesus was a myth.
Ironically, Christians use the RFID bits on their videos talking about the mark of the beast.

------------------------------------------------

Once again, the subject matter of this thread has been laid out very clearly in the OP. This is not a thread about whether or not Jesus existed.

link   

The OP is just trying to drum up a fake controversy; 'oh look, RFID chips were foretold by prophecy!' As if a people who had no clue about germs or what lightning was or basic sanitation could have predicted modern technology, but called it 'the mark of the beast' anyways.

Pretty much anything on a conspiracy site can be dismissed as an attempt to drum up fake controvery.

This isn't about primitive people predicting modern technology, as the writer of Revelation saw it as vague abstractions. Its about modern Christian theologians interpreting the "mark of the beast" as being the RFID technology as shown in Zeitgeist, a documentary that start off by discounting the central figure of Christianity.

link   
reply to post by JDmOKI

And no Zeitgeist is not a reliable source of information and never was or will be. Its a well made documentary that is based on an opinion. As an Agnostic, I believe all paths lead to god and that Jesus/Muhammad/Buddha all speak to the minds of the people of that time and geographical location. but that is just my opinion.

This thread isn't about the quality of Zeitgeist as a source of information.
I'm just pointing out how a documentary that starts off attempting to discount the person of Jesus, ends up showing exactly what Christian eschatologists have been saying about RFID chips for well over a decade.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   

I don't care about the chipping bit.

Then you shouldn't really care about the thread either.

Its not a discussion on whether or not Jesus was real, rather its about Zeitgeist parroting what Christian eschatologists predicted years before.

Is this the disclaimer of someone who is not a theist?

Its not a disclaimer. I believe I have addressed that in a reply to you earlier.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   

The movie Zeitgeist is often referred to in many religious threads attempting to prove that Jesus was a myth.
Ironically, Christians use the RFID bits on their videos talking about the mark of the beast.

------------------------------------------------

Once again, the subject matter of this thread has been laid out very clearly in the OP. This is not a thread about whether or not Jesus existed.

So your point is that the topics of Jesus and chipping people are mutually inclusive? Is that the point you're trying to make? Or are you just pointing out the irony? Because 'mutually inclusive' and 'ironic' are two completely different perspectives.
edit on 24-9-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   

It is a disclaimer. Google the definition. Moving on...

You give credit to God and claim to not be a Christian. I find that...ironic. Just like the video. But also just like the video, one does not have to be Christian to give credit to a god, nor does one have to believe in Jesus or the Bible to grasp the reality that control freaks in the government might be interested in planting electronic bugs in the flesh of its citizens. Or using biotechnological augmentation to influence citizens who have decided to enhance their natural features. Or a number of other electrical means of manipulating the populace.

edit on 24-9-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   

So your point is that the topics of Jesus and chipping people are mutually inclusive? Is that the point you're trying to make?

I've stated the point I had to make clearly in the OP.

On one hand we have a documentary trying to disprove Christ.
Then the same documentary repeats the Christians interpretation of the "mark of the beast" as being an RFID chip as being a system of societal control.

The makers of Zeitgeist echo a decade old Christian eschatological idea. Apparently, their researcher(s) were unaware of Christian ideas around RFID.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   

nor does one have to believe in Jesus or the Bible to grasp the reality that control freaks in the government might be interested in planting electronic bugs in the flesh of its citizens.

They don't. But the Christians saw it coming much, much before.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join