It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My name is David Paulides and for the last 4 years I've been investigating people missing in the wi

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by AbleEndangered

Dear Mr. Paulides,

I have came across interesting stories of the Huwawa also humbaba. A humbaba is a Guardian Giant. Enkidu is referenced in the Epic of Glgamesh as being a Huwawa.

Gilgamesh and Huwawa, version A: translation
etcsl.orinst.ox.ac.uk/section1/tr1815.htm
etcsl.orinst.ox.ac.uk...

Gilgamesh und Huwawa, Version B: translation
etcsl.orinst.ox.ac.uk/section1/tr18151.htm
etcsl.orinst.ox.ac.uk...

Humbaba wikipedia entry
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humbaba
en.wikipedia.org...

I know this has been touched on in the Ancient Alien Bigfoot episode but it has some credence. Another poster brought up Dyatlov pass. Like the hikers intruded on guarded or protected land.

In the Alexander Romance, Alexander the Great encountered a wildman as well. The Alexander Romance is most likely fictional since it says Alexander the Great had a Flying ship. hehe..

If you google images:
Enkidu carvings
Enkidu Seals

In the Enkidu carvings he kinda looks like the "Hairy family of Burma" or similar cases of Hypertrichosis.

On the Enkidu seals he is portrayed battling a Heavenly Bull, Lamassu or Cherubim.

Question: Has your research lead you in these directions, or is it just ancient aliens mind warping?
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
We have not centered on any specific possibility but have looked at many beliefs such as what you described.

Thanks for asking

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by missvicky

Never heard the story about wearing green on a beach, just wearing bright colors in the jungle make you more likely to going missing.

Thanks for the question

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Xterrain

David, I have to say, I started reading your Western US volume right before I had a business trip to Lake Tahoe and Salt Lake City. I couldn't put it down, much less leave it behind when I traveled. So I took it with me and read it during my flights and in the car after my driver picked me up for the conference. While I was in Lake Tahoe, I wanted to stretch my nerves a bit, so I took an afternoon to hike up an old fire road alone. After a couple hours, my nerves got the best of me and I found myself atop a 100' cliff overlooking Lake Tahoe with my back to an empty meadow surrounded by pine...I swear I wasn't alone up there...but it could have just been my nerves. The following day I left Lake Tahoe and headed to Salt Lake City, where once again, after a meeting, I hiked up about a mile to an old reservoir alone. This time it was dead still...the snow started to fall in almost straight lines, and oddly enough just as I pulled into the parking lot the other two cars parked there turned around and drove off, as did the chopper overhead as it flew to lower altitudes and towards the city. I was literally the only person up there and I was nervous as all hell during the mile up. However, after an hour or so, I was collected and feeling comfortable in my new surroundings...then a stick went flying by as I was peering over a cliffs edge to have a look at a small waterfall running down the mountain. I couldn't have made that snow covered and muddy walk back to my car fast enough. No idea where that stick came from, but there definitely wasn't wind, no one else around...thanks for spooking the # out of me sir.

David. It's an honor. I've read your books and am eagerly anticipating a volume about my home state of Texas. Your books and your insight into the world of both criminology and state department protocols are highly valued by myself, friends of mine who I've managed to obtain copies of your book for, and family members who have an open mind. Thank you for presenting the evidence in a non-biased way and for spreading some light on such a taboo subject. Who know what is out there, but I've often wondered why specific areas of our nation are cordoned off as 'wilderness preserves' while others are national parks; Your books definitely further my thought process.

Everyone. If you haven't read David's books, whether your a sceptic or not, I implore you to buy one or barrow one and read it. They're incredibley detailed and will make you respect the woods all over again...and possibly even make you rethink being in the wilderness alone. Watch your kids. Watch your dogs. Bears definitely don't seem to be the only large animals in our national forests.

So when might a Texas book come out? I heard you on C2C where you said that Texas could be it's own volume...I'm very interested as are other people I've been able to track down who've had experiences like the one my dad had a year ago and the one I had in the same area of the Texas hIll country about 10 years ago.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• •
Thanks for the kind words, much appreciated!!
There are stories from Texas in the new book; "Missing 411-North America and Beyond."
Thanks again for the polite contact.
Dave
www.canammissing.com

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Kratos40

Mr. Paulides,

After seeing going through databases that are collecting sightings of this strange creature, I already have an informed shape and dimensions on this. On average, they stand as tall 8 feet tall, due to their girth, weigh around 500 to 800 pounds. The arm length always seem to be below the knees. No neck is observed. Pointed cranium is observed. A muscular V-shaped upper body is observed. Deep set eyes with a pronounced brow ridge. Either matty/oily long hair is observed. Footprints analyzed by Dr. Jeff Meldrum indicate a different pibed suitable for the terrain. One third of sightings indicate a fowl glandular smell. Powerfull, gutteral sound emitted towards trespassers....

This being said, do you think there is a creature that may be taking these individuals? Do you think there is a correlation to the feet found in tennis shoes in the Pacific Northwest? (Aside from Fukushima victiims).

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• ••••••••••••••••••
We don't know if something is taking the people or some other action is happening in the woods.
Something very, very unusual is happening that is not readily identifiable.

We've had readers contact us with many, many theories including:
A Rogue park service employee that is a serial killer.
Reptoids
Aliens
Our government stealing people for test purposes
Worm holes
bgft
etc, etc, etc

This is how complex the facts surrounding the disappearances are. The stories don't make for an easy answer, it's complex.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Thanks in advance for your time.

1. Does your research and evidence suggest any commonalities that may be of significance between the cases besides a missing person? age,race,background,family traits, mental issues,social problems,timing,etc?

2. Are their any cases that occured approximately around the same time but vast distance away from each other to indicate more than one enitity or group may be involved?

3. What is the most recent case?

4. Did any of the people that disapeared have a cell phone and were the authorities able to triangulate or use their cell phone to pin point their last locaiton?

5. Have any of the missing persons bodies been found ? if so any thing weird or suspect about the corpse?

thanks again and my apologies if you answered some of those already since I'm not all caught up with the thread.

edit on 25-9-2013 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

I realize that this might require wild guesses on your part . . . but given all you know . . . from whatever meager reports from some few returnees . . .

What 3 things might be the first sensory or conscious awarenesses that something like the phenomena was about to occur and quickly?
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• ••••••••
I remember when I was on the SWAT team and we were searching buildings/lots for armed individuals. Every once in awhile the hair on the back of my neck would stand up and I'd have a hunch that something bad was imminent, sometimes it would cause me to look in a specific direction, many times that is where the suspect was located.

I think that humans had other senses years ago that we don't understand and we may have lost. I don't think a hunch is always just a hunch, there is something to it.

When you get an unusual feeling, may be we should listen to it, I know I did and I think it saved me from serious injury a few times.

Thanks for the question.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by interupt42

Thanks in advance for your time.

1. Does your research and evidence suggest any commonalities that may be of significance between the cases besides a missing person? age,race,background,family traits, mental issues,social problems,timing,etc?

2. Are their any cases that occured approximately around the same time but vast distance away from each other to indicate more than one enitity or group may be involved?

3. What is the most recent case.

4. Did any of the people that disapeared have a cell phone and where the authorities able to triangulate or use their cell phone to point their last locaiton?

5. Have any of the missing persons bodies been found ? if so any thing weird or suspect about the corpse?

thanks again and my apologies if you answered some of those already since I'm not all caught up with the thread.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• ••••••••

Great questions

1. There are very, very few black people that have disappeared that fit our criteria, less then 1%. People with disabilities have disappeared at an unusually high level.

2. Yes, there have been multiple disappearances at the same time.

3. Most recent case, really don't like to comment on that because too many issues are not released on most cases until after one year. Law enforcement holds the facts close and doesn't like to release pertinent details, too much guess work. If I had to pick one case that mimics what we know, to this point, Hildegard Hendrickson, mushroom picker missing in Washington.

5. Many, many cases about people being found under strange circumstances, too long to describe here. Some of this has been answered on this thread.

Thanks for the contact.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Morning David-

After not seeing the topic I'm about to ask about after 10 pages, I decided to just ask...

The following video is a June 5, 2001 interview of "Bugs" by Art Bell. Bugs tells his story of a (1970s?) hunting trip with his two pals (Birddog and Jim) in Texas. They hunted bobcats and coyotes for their pelts, as that's how they made a living. It was evening/night and they came across eye-shine and they fired upon it, knocked it down at least a couple times and tracked it. This whole time they thought it was a bear until they came to its tracks, which he says looks human. They came to some plum thickets where they heard a growl and killed the first one there. To make it short, they killed another which Bugs described as a couple (male & female). They didn't really know if they shot humans or what so they buried them and haven't been back to the location since.

Bugs describes the features of both beings in detail and describes what they did in detail and have a map to the location of their buried bodies.

David, I'm sure you've heard of Bugs story. With that said, do you know if anyone has used the map to confirm the story or if anyone has plans to do so?

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   

missvicky
Hi David and welcome to ATS!
I have been hearing snippets over the last few years about strange disappearances in woods and now this thread! I have never heard of you before. As I'm typing this I'm also listening to your interview with Gearge Knapp of this year back in March. In this interview, you mentioned a connection to "bright colored clothing", especially, it seems, concerning the stories in Indonesia.
As a teenager I lived in Jakarta and remember hearing stories that were warnings regarding a beach in Java. The stories cautioned against wearing green on that beach lest the waves TAKE YOU.
Does this ring a bell to you?

Here is a link to a wearing green story about Java.....

Wearing Green

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Mr. Paulides~ thank you for you valuable time and willingness to discuss this. I am familiar with some of your work and totally appreciate the time, effort and energy it takes to get anywhere with this type of research. I've grown up in the Rocky Mountains in Canada near the US border and have done lots of hiking/camping without incidence other than a few bear encounters.

I have spent decades myself researching researchers and is very easy today for people to be armchair critics and not have the slightest clue what it takes to put credible work together in the field, literally. Some people who haven't been able to spend any time in the wilderness cannot fathom why disappearing or being found 'x' distance away is most implausible in "some" circumstances which is what your work is about - the 'unexplainable' disappearances. Obviously there is an explanation because it happened, but it is way beyond our/your grasp to know or comprehend what that is - yet. All we have is at best speculation (which is opinion, not fact) until something concrete comes is discovered or revealed.

Out of all the people who were found and could recall the events - was there any commonalities/similarities to their experiences even in a few instances? And what recollection stands out the most for you as recounted by someone later found as to what happened to them, like the case in France you mentioned?

Thanks kindly for all your work ~ I totally appreciate every minute of it!

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by wishes

Mr. Paulides~ thank you for you valuable time and willingness to discuss this. I am familiar with some of your work and totally appreciate the time, effort and energy it takes to get anywhere with this type of research. I've grown up in the Rocky Mountains in Canada near the US border and have done lots of hiking/camping without incidence other than a few bear encounters.

I have spent decades myself researching researchers and is very easy today for people to be armchair critics and not have the slightest clue what it takes to put credible work together in the field, literally. Some people who haven't been able to spend any time in the wilderness cannot fathom why disappearing or being found 'x' distance away is most implausible in "some" circumstances which is what your work is about - the 'unexplainable' disappearances. Obviously there is an explanation because it happened, but it is way beyond our/your grasp to know or comprehend what that is - yet. All we have is at best speculation (which is opinion, not fact) until something concrete comes is discovered or revealed.

Out of all the people who were found and could recall the events - was there any commonalities/similarities to their experiences even in a few instances? And what recollection stands out the most for you as recounted by someone later found as to what happened to them, like the case in France you mentioned?

Thanks kindly for all your work ~ I totally appreciate every minute of it!
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• ••••••••••••••••••••••••

Thanks for the kind words!!

The France incident is one of the most detailed explanation that exists for anyone under similar conditions.

Women have described being followed by "men", they usually cannot describe them but they have said that the men stare at them, don't communicate and hide behind bushes. Some women on the Appalachian Trail have reported being chased by men of similar descriptions.

Another case involves a girl hanging closes at her very rural farm. Her dad and mom are in the house when she disappears. A huge search, the following day a helicopter finds her walking the perimeter of a lake miles away. She states that a "man" approached her in the yard and she ran, nobody heard a scream. As she was being chased she remember blacking out, the next thing she remembers is walking around the lake.

Thanks for the question.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by six67seven

Morning David-

After not seeing the topic I'm about to ask about after 10 pages, I decided to just ask...

The following video is a June 5, 2001 interview of "Bugs" by Art Bell. Bugs tells his story of a (1970s?) hunting trip with his two pals (Birddog and Jim) in Texas. They hunted bobcats and coyotes for their pelts, as that's how they made a living. It was evening/night and they came across eye-shine and they fired upon it, knocked it down at least a couple times and tracked it. This whole time they thought it was a bear until they came to its tracks, which he says looks human. They came to some plum thickets where they heard a growl and killed the first one there. To make it short, they killed another which Bugs described as a couple (male & female). They didn't really know if they shot humans or what so they buried them and haven't been back to the location since.

Bugs describes the features of both beings in detail and describes what they did in detail and have a map to the location of their buried bodies.

David, I'm sure you've heard of Bugs story. With that said, do you know if anyone has used the map to confirm the story or if anyone has plans to do so?
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
I do know the story.
I have no idea if anyone has tried to pursue it.

All the best!

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Swing80s

I have an additional question but I think you would probably feel more comfortable if I asked you privately. And some interesting stories I've heard since I've lived around here. Especially from Pre-volcanic Mt. St. Helens since it had bottomless lakes and all kinds of caves.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Contact me at:
[email protected]

link   
reply to post by defcon5

Thanks a lot Defcon5. This could be a real possibility. I also just got word of a Bear spotted a few miles away.

link   
reply to post by defcon5

Double post. Mods please remove.

Thanks.
edit on 9/25/2013 by GoldenObserver because: Remove Double Post

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by wulff

I love the study of unexplained phenomena but I don't find Bigfoot the least bit interesting and the shows on them I find very boring.
I would however, like to know what strange happenings seem to take place in our wildernesses.
I live in Arizona and love the wilderness but there was one time when I was living in rural Michigan (it never happened but once) I was out in some woods shooting my Luger and I suddenly had this 'feeling' that 'something' was coming towards me through the woods! I don't get scared easily or ever have 'feelings' but I felt that if I stayed there this unseen force was coming for me. I ran towards our house about 2 miles away, I had to cross some fences and a railroad track, then there was a field of high corn that had like 20 foot wide paths cut through it with paths about 10 feet wide by 10 foot long connecting to this long path (not sure why the farmer did that though) I thought when I got to the wide path I would feel safe but I didn't, it felt like this unseen force was gaining on me!, I stopped, turned around and fired into the ground about 100 feet behind me, I had a feeling it stopped temporarily, I ran about 1/4 mile and it seemed like it was there again (totally unseen) and I did the same thing again, shooting into the ground, again the same thing happened and it felt like it was coming again. I did this song and dance till I reached a small plowed field directly behind our house, it was when I was in this field about 500 feet from our land I had a feeling it had stopped!
I was shook up and told my brother and the only thing he was worried about was making sure I aimed low so the shot would hit the ground (we were taught gun safety from a young age).
About a week later I went back into the same woods and it felt fine, I spent most the day just walking along a creek that winds through the woods and a slow walk back how as it was getting dark. I couldn't even comprehend why I didn't feel any fear on this jaunt as I would have thought it would have spooked me away from those mysterious woods for years!
Like I said, I never get 'feelings' but on that cloudy dark autumn day I swear to God in heaven (I am a Christian too) that I experienced this if this makes any sense I felt it was large and about 10 feet wide and I also had the feeling that the noise from the handgun seemed to make it stop almost like it was maybe fearful and concerned about the weapon.
I have said several times that I never get feelings (only on this occasion) and it seemed like beyond a doubt the feeling I had about this invisible 'force or thing' was real, was evil and did intend to reach me.
Oh, also those on here know me as being one of the most skeptical people on ATS and usually won't believe something if it bit me on the butt!
If you or any readers are still reading thanks!
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• ••••••••••••••••
Thanks for the great story.
I have received one similar story.
This was a hunter in the Rockies, on a ridge 11000 feet up and around allot of boulders. He heard something coming from his right about 100 yards away. He said he could feel it in the ground and a low humm in the air. He said he turned and watched as the waist high grass parted as it passed in front of him, probably 100 feet away, right to left. He said he had his rifle ready. Whatever it was could not be seen but obviously had mass as it moved the grass. He said it scarred the crap out of him. He lost sight of it as it moved down a hill.

Thanks again for the contact.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Hi David, once again, thanks for your time and willingness and would like to apologize for some of the trolls that come along.

For the few bodies and people that are recovered - other scratch marks sometimes - are there any consistent marks left on their bodies? Examples - puncture marks, bite marks, rashes etc?

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Hi David,

Thankyou for coming onto ATS and answering some of the questions put to you (I have actually created an account just for this!) Having read both your earlier books, and intending to read the third, the case which stood out to me the most is the one of the child going missing and returning with the farmer whose land it was after asking the SARS team not to follow him.

Do you think that residents of these particular areas actually know what is happening and are too scared to say? Have you ever had any inclination when meeting them that they may not be telling the truth? It is also odd that the park service are not as helpful as you would expect them to be.What I find interesting is that the people who return do not know what has happened to them, and are in a delusional state on being found.

I hope that one day you will find out exactly what is happening.

Kind regards from the UK.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by hopper2684

Hi David, once again, thanks for your time and willingness and would like to apologize for some of the trolls that come along.

For the few bodies and people that are recovered - other scratch marks sometimes - are there any consistent marks left on their bodies? Examples - puncture marks, bite marks, rashes etc?
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• •••••••••••••••••••
All have scratch marks, some they cannot explain.
An unusual note, some have fevers that doctors cannot explain.

Thanks for the question.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Ravidtux

Hi David,

Thankyou for coming onto ATS and answering some of the questions put to you (I have actually created an account just for this!) Having read both your earlier books, and intending to read the third, the case which stood out to me the most is the one of the child going missing and returning with the farmer whose land it was after asking the SARS team not to follow him.

Do you think that residents of these particular areas actually know what is happening and are too scared to say? Have you ever had any inclination when meeting them that they may not be telling the truth? It is also odd that the park service are not as helpful as you would expect them to be.What I find interesting is that the people who return do not know what has happened to them, and are in a delusional state on being found.

I hope that one day you will find out exactly what is happening.

Kind regards from the UK.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
The case you refer dealt with a very rural incident. Ranchers and farmers know what is happening on and around there property and many are very private about that activity. It was obvious in that Canadian case, the person knew something very unusual was happening by stating that he might not come back but that he was going out to get the girl. As I stated in that article, I would love to get my hands on the RCMP report and their interview of the person, it would be fascinating, but it was an old case.

Nearly every case where a person is found, they are as you stated "delusional" or groggy or semi-conscious.

Thanks for the contact and your support of our work.
Much appreciated!!

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join