It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My name is David Paulides and for the last 4 years I've been investigating people missing in the wi

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Hi David,

Thank you for coming here to ATS. It has been difficult to read as my friend has been missing for quite some time and we are no closer to finding anything out than the day he dissapeared.
Dealing with LEO was frustrating overall for reasons you pretty much mentioned here. They have done a great job, but I realize their time and resources are limited.
I feel there is more info out there and more resources but I am not sure where to look. [PNW, specifically Oregon/Washington area]
Im not sure what I am trying to say except THANK YOU for what you are doing!!

Any words of wisdom for a family/friend of a missing person who has hit the brick wall? it hasn't been a year yet.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Hello David! I just finished reading Missing 411 (Western U.S. and Canada) and it's a fantastic book.

What are your thoughts on using RC aircraft to search for Bigfoot?

I'm always on the look out for your interviews because the subject of missing people in parks is extremely fascinating (in a disturbing way) and I've always loved hiking and camping, so it's an area that's very close to home for me.

One more thing. After the recent righting of the Costa Concordia I took a look at some interesting facts around cruises. I've never taken one so I was interested in researching a few details, including the possible negative aspects of cruises. It led me to a site that lists the missing people from cruises.

Go to cruisejunkie and take a look at the list of Cruise and Ferry Passengers and Crew Overboard
1995 - 2013.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Hello David,

I am still reading the thread, so I might be saying something someone else already did.

Here I go; In your OP, you talk of some 34 clusters where people disappear "en masse", in Canada and in the US. My question is where are those 34 clusters? I'd like to know if there is one close to my home.

Thanks for your time, and congratulations for your work.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   

DavidPaulides
reply to post by Philippines

Hello there, thanks for joining ATS and letting the community here ask you anything. I hope you will continue to visit often =)

Would you say that these strange missing persons cases you have investigated are mostly in places where the Westerners have moved in and taken over? After going through the thread the cases seem to involve either in the New World or the Old World where Westerners have invaded the lands... All imho.

Are there any "old world" places where similar odd missing persons cases have happen and are still ongoing? (And none of the West is present)

Thanks for your time!

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• ••••••••••••••
We have identified 34 geographical clusters of missing people. Many of these clusters have historical cases. These cases would not be readily identified because there are sometimes 2025 years between events, just far enough apart to not draw suspicion.

The Great Smoky Mountains (TN) have had many disappearances for the last 100 years.
Crater Lake (OR) has had a history of disappearances going back 100 years.
The Northern Cascades in Washington have had highly strange disappearances going back over 100 years.
Pennsylvania has had disappearances going back over 100 years.

There are more.

Thanks for the question.

Thank you for the fast response, I wish I was home earlier to reply a bit faster, but timezones can be to an advantage if one stays up a bit late

It is interesting that the history goes back that far in those areas indeed. Do you know about any similar occurrences outside of the New World like in Asia/Europe/Mideast/wherever where the reports are nearly identical?

I am curious if this is isolated to an area of the world or has "hotspots" around the world.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
David, can you point us to a definitive source for the Native American myths you discussed earlier in the thread? Thanks.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
David, there's currently big cases of slavery going on in the UK. Isn't this or similar 'taken by criminals for whatever reason' a far more likely explanation than invoking supernatural stuff?

Also I noticed you mentioned using psychics during finds, please could you provide your reasoning for this given there's no proof of psychic abilities?

You're obviously far more experienced than myself in the field, but this all seems too far-fetched.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   

We are a group that is big on listening to the Native American perspective as they are the ones who have lived in the same environment for thousands of years, to ignore this is negligent. Many groups completely discount there views and refuse to document their beliefs.
reply to post by DavidPaulides

I agree at one time people viewed Native Americans as uneducated superstitious people which in my opinion is a big mistake, Native Americans are a wealth of knowledge.
I believe they knew more about how the world really is than we ever will.
We grew up hearing fairy tales, could the fairy tales we heard as children be based on true stories?
could very well be.

I believe there are more strange things in our state and national parks than we can imagine, Imo maybe one of the reasons for the silence on the missing.

edit on 25-9-2013 by TWILITE22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by bastion

David, there's currently big cases of slavery going on in the UK. Isn't this or similar 'taken by criminals for whatever reason' a far more likely explanation than invoking supernatural stuff?

Also I noticed you mentioned using psychics during finds, please could you provide your reasoning for this given there's no proof of psychic abilities?

You're obviously far more experienced than myself in the field, but this all seems too far-fetched.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• •••••••••••••••
I never said we used psychics, but I would. I've taken law enforcement classes that explain their use. I actually know detectives that used a psychic and found the body. I believe that a small percentage of them probably have some ability that we don't understand. As an example, if 99% of the psychics are frauds, that's only what you hear about. Law enforcement is historically very quiet and does not want to be made fun of, especially if they fail. So, you will rarely hear detectives going public with their positive thoughts on psychics, as that appearance would be used by the frauds to bolster their credibility.

Thanks for the question

Slavery has nothing to do with the disappearances we research. The people disappear in areas and under conditions that would discount human interaction.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by NowanKenubi

Hello David,

I am still reading the thread, so I might be saying something someone else already did.

Here I go; In your OP, you talk of some 34 clusters where people disappear "en masse", in Canada and in the US. My question is where are those 34 clusters? I'd like to know if there is one close to my home.

Thanks for your time, and congratulations for your work.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Google- "Missing 411 cluster map."

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by JRCrowley

Hello David! I just finished reading Missing 411 (Western U.S. and Canada) and it's a fantastic book.

What are your thoughts on using RC aircraft to search for Bigfoot?

I'm always on the look out for your interviews because the subject of missing people in parks is extremely fascinating (in a disturbing way) and I've always loved hiking and camping, so it's an area that's very close to home for me.

One more thing. After the recent righting of the Costa Concordia I took a look at some interesting facts around cruises. I've never taken one so I was interested in researching a few details, including the possible negative aspects of cruises. It led me to a site that lists the missing people from cruises.

Go to cruisejunkie and take a look at the list of Cruise and Ferry Passengers and Crew Overboard
1995 - 2013.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Do a little research about suicides on cruise ships, the numbers are huge. I know this because several years ago someone asked me to look into it.

RC aircraft, balloons,etc, will find nothing.

Thanks for the kind words on the books, much appreciated!!

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by palmalBlue2

Hi David,

Thank you for coming here to ATS. It has been difficult to read as my friend has been missing for quite some time and we are no closer to finding anything out than the day he dissapeared.
Dealing with LEO was frustrating overall for reasons you pretty much mentioned here. They have done a great job, but I realize their time and resources are limited.
I feel there is more info out there and more resources but I am not sure where to look. [PNW, specifically Oregon/Washington area]
Im not sure what I am trying to say except THANK YOU for what you are doing!!

Any words of wisdom for a family/friend of a missing person who has hit the brick wall? it hasn't been a year yet.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
If your friend has disappeared in a rural area, don't give up looking for their remains.
In an abnormal amount of missing cases, the body is found in areas that were previously searched, sometimes found on a trail that was walked 100X. Sometimes the body arrive days or weeks after the formal search was terminated. If you are looking for closure, keep the effort going and keep looking in areas that were previously searched.

My prayers are with you.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by DavidPaulides

I was watching paranormal witness on syfy last week on a case were 'Nancy Orlen Weber' worked with the New Jersey police department on missing girls. It was jaw dropping to say the least.
They would take her to the area of the crime and she would experience it from start to finish. She said she would see it like a 'video' that would replay over and over seeing more detail as she 'rewound'
The episode was called "The Innocents"

I my opinion she would be the perfect person to participate in an investigation even if it's only one, just to see if she would find anymore information.

Fyi I don't believe that there are many true psychics out there but there are few like Ms. Weber will raise the hairs on your neck.
From her webpage:

Over the decades Nancy has worked with the AIDS task force in several counties in New Jersey, taught for the Buddy System at Hope House in Dover, NJ, given workshops around the country in a variety of holistic and spiritual concepts for several thousand people, received commendations for her work on animal rescues and police work (she received a police badge in 1982), and in 2006 was awarded a Chief of Detectives badge from a Commissioner in NJ. In 2004 Court TV aired a series entitled "Psychic Detective". Nancy is in 4 documentaries from the original series. This series remains the most popular shows Court TV ever aired. They are still playing and being translated around the world. Nancy has also been on several other series, the 2 hour special "Mediums", the Nancy Grace Show, Ricki Lake Show, the Other Side, and in 2013 she is part of a new series as yet unnamed on the paranormal for National Geographic.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
You know, David, I was totally unaware of this phenomenon prior to your thread, here. Without meaning to sound glib. I'm going to add it to what I call my Unified Weirdness Theory, in which I include UFOs, ghosts and such, and which I figure somehow factors in quantum theory. Ultimately...there's a reality out there that we bump into, but of which we have a limited awareness. Nice work, and thanks for stopping by.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Hi David,

Thank you very much for taking the time here on this fascinating and important topic.

One quick question:

What do the natives think is going on? Surely they have some theories or legends.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Hi David,

Must say this has been one of the most interesting threads I've read. Thank you so much for coming.

I live in the woods on the Boston Mountain Range/Ozarks. Can't tell from the cluster map a lot of detail. The Ozark National Forest is not far from moi as the crow flies. The other close park is Devil's Den which is simply beautiful. I've been here 30 years (transplant from the city) and no stories that I know of re strange disappearances. Before settling into my place I did look at one cabin right on the boarder of the Ozark Nat F and it deff felt 'off' but that could be explained by a number of things (including local families that prefer not to be seen and do watch from the woods).

Was just curious if you have any info on the two locations?

Do I dare get your book and be afraid to go into the woods at night here where I live *grin*. I've never been afraid here and lived solo for my first 10 years. Then again I'm now seeing the benefit that I have neighbors not too far way so the area is inhabited for the most part. West of my property is a large stretch of land uninhabited that I've walked countless times day and night and never felt anything but peace.

Don't have a weapon to carry/don't plan on getting one unless things started feeling really off.

Thanks again for your responses. I agree that to offer a hypothesis immediately locks in a viewpoint and from that point on all information is sorted to support the bias. Critical thinking and analysis demands as much as possible the neutral viewpoint/which you support.

~rose

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   

DavidPaulides
reply to post by ArcAngel

Hi David!

Thank you very much for doing this. I have read both books and am appreciative that you state the facts and let the reader speculate for themselves. The data presented is concise and well laid out.

A quick question to you: What would be your advice (with the knowledge you currently have) to your loved ones if they were going hiking in a remote area?

Thanks again for your strength of conviction!
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• •
Thanks for the kind words, much appreciated.

Our recommendations:
Always hike with a partner.
Purchase a personal locator/transponder. They range from $100-$500
If you are lost, hit the transponder and your message is routed to the closest law enforcement agency
Lastly, we recommend always carrying a firearm. Get trained by a professional, get comfortable with the gun.

Good questions..

Hi David,

Weird as I had never heard of your books until a few days ago and a neighbor started telling my wife about them.

Are there any cases where those carrying a firearm have disappeared?

This has freaked me out! I have spent a lot of time in the woods alone hunting, and with deer season and elk season around the corner...

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by arosebyanyothername

Hi David,

Must say this has been one of the most interesting threads I've read. Thank you so much for coming.

I live in the woods on the Boston Mountain Range/Ozarks. Can't tell from the cluster map a lot of detail. The Ozark National Forest is not far from moi as the crow flies. The other close park is Devil's Den which is simply beautiful. I've been here 30 years (transplant from the city) and no stories that I know of re strange disappearances. Before settling into my place I did look at one cabin right on the boarder of the Ozark Nat F and it deff felt 'off' but that could be explained by a number of things (including local families that prefer not to be seen and do watch from the woods).

Was just curious if you have any info on the two locations?

Do I dare get your book and be afraid to go into the woods at night here where I live *grin*. I've never been afraid here and lived solo for my first 10 years. Then again I'm now seeing the benefit that I have neighbors not too far way so the area is inhabited for the most part. West of my property is a large stretch of land uninhabited that I've walked countless times day and night and never felt anything but peace.

Don't have a weapon to carry/don't plan on getting one unless things started feeling really off.

Thanks again for your responses. I agree that to offer a hypothesis immediately locks in a viewpoint and from that point on all information is sorted to support the bias. Critical thinking and analysis demands as much as possible the neutral viewpoint/which you support.

~rose
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Rose
Thanks for the question, and you hit the lottery on Devils Den State Park. One of the more unusual cases I've written about, "Missing 411-Eastern U.S. pg 82-85
This case happened in 1946 with an 8 year old girl. She was swimming in a creek with a small dam and vanished. There was a HUGE search. Many in law enforcement stated their belief that she was kidnapped. I won't ruin the story for you, but she was eventually found in one of the most unusual locations you would imagine.

Have a great day Rose!!
Dave
www.canammissing.com

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by merkaba93

Hi David,

Weird as I had never heard of your books until a few days ago and a neighbor started telling my wife about them.

Are there any cases where those carrying a firearm have disappeared?

This has freaked me out! I have spent a lot of time in the woods alone hunting, and with deer season and elk season around the corner...
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Yes, several.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by NOrrTH

Hi David,

Thank you very much for taking the time here on this fascinating and important topic.

One quick question:

What do the natives think is going on? Surely they have some theories or legends.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Great question.
First, there is a long history of native americans that have disappeared and thought to the tribe have been taken. In an earlier thread I explained how most tribes believe they came from the "Star People", from the sky. When they leave the Earth many believe they go back to the sky.

I would say that there is not a uniform belief about what is happening across the board to everyone.
Many different theories, but the star people aspect continues to pop up.

Thanks for the contact!!!

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Philippines

Thank you for the fast response, I wish I was home earlier to reply a bit faster, but timezones can be to an advantage if one stays up a bit late

It is interesting that the history goes back that far in those areas indeed. Do you know about any similar occurrences outside of the New World like in Asia/Europe/Mideast/wherever where the reports are nearly identical?

I am curious if this is isolated to an area of the world or has "hotspots" around the world.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• ••••
This is a cumbersome process, not easy to get the reports and detail necessary to establish linkage in some remote areas. Borneo is a country we have been researching for several weeks and it appears to have several cases that qualify, there are others...

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join