It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Absence of sunspots, bitterly cold winters, some predicting a mini ice age.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Adapt 2030 channel on youtube has a series of videos explaining the solar minimum that we are descending into.
2015-2035 Mini Ice Age | Sunspots and Cooling Earth Temperatures

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 01:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: SolarMinimun
a reply to: gladtobehere

Adapt 2030 channel on youtube has a series of videos explaining the solar minimum that we are descending into.
2015-2035 Mini Ice Age | Sunspots and Cooling Earth Temperatures

Quite informative..... Alas, imagine how many people are actually capable of processing this info and react to it.

I personally am a devotee of cycles and balance, and therefore this is perfectly normal and was to be expected. But how to influence politicians when they all seem too worried about getting reelected than doing what is right.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 02:07 AM
link   
I do find it strange, that over the past few years the weather has been all over the place in terms of severity and hot, cold etc. One day its 25 degrees outside and the next day its 85 degrees and sunny out. And you know what? That evidence isn't enough proof to convince people that something is wrong. People who don't want to believe something is wrong, won't acknowledge when something is wrong. Growing up, I remember it always being extremely cold this time of year... every winter. Now the weather is all over the place. Last year I thought I was going to freeze to death it was so cold at times. This year winter has felt like end of summer/fall weather more times than not.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 02:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Bloodydagger

Well, breaking the jetstream will do that to ya

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 05:10 AM
link   
I've heard climate scientists say that we're putting so much carbon dioxide and greenhouse gases into our atmosphere that the planet will continue to warm up in spite of any solar minimum period coming up. I have doubts about whenever I hear climate scientists who think they know everything about how big a factor a trace gas in our air, carbon dioxide,versus the amount of solar radiation will affect our climate. Other people who forecast the weather only ten days out get it wrong about half the time. If I had to bet, I would bet how warm you are is more dependent on how much heat you get from the heat source rather than the amount of a trace gas. We may get to find out. Freezing temps could cause crop failures and global famines. If that happens, I think climate scientists underestimated the solar minimum period. However they could be right in a 100 years after the sun returns to normal.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join