It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The big bad Bible

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I understand your dilemma being in the same physical world as you . The spiritual love that God provides to His children is not conditional like the love we mere humans have for one another .Like you said about the one or ones you decide to let into your space as long as its your way or the highway ...big difference in the two ...peace

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by the2ofusr1

I understand your dilemma being in the same physical world as you . The spiritual love that God provides to His children is not conditional like the love we mere humans have for one another .Like you said about the one or ones you decide to let into your space as long as its your way or the highway ...big difference in the two ...peace

You seem to be suggesting the love and free will ought not to share company. Is that so?

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   

No , not suggesting that at all .

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   

No , not suggesting that at all .

This is what you said:

You seem to be suggesting that love which operates independently of my free will is somehow superior to love which operates within the boundaries of my free will. Loving, say, the man who raped my sister is superior to loving my wife, that sort of thing.

If that's not what you meant, could you please explain it more clearly?
edit on 25-9-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Ill try but am not sure I can ...you mentioned that you had to have a physical presence of someone in the flesh to love ..Now I don't know if you have ever lost a love one but once they are gone you can still love them in your heart without them being present in the flesh . Gods love is not like human love unless its been transplanted by God into the believer ..I hope that helps ...peace

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Ill try but am not sure I can ...you mentioned that you had to have a physical presence of someone in the flesh to love ..Now I don't know if you have ever lost a love one but once they are gone you can still love them in your heart without them being present in the flesh .

Have you ever had a limb chopped off? You appreciate what that limb did for you, you can almost feel as though it's still there even...but that's just residual impressions. I would compare the love you speak of to that.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   

I probably would use the word appreciate as well within the context of the limb ,but I see what you mean ...peace
edit on 25-9-2013 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   

AfterInfinity
reply to post by Fromabove

Like I said, and like you have proven here, you either have faith to be saved, or you have no faith to be lost.

I have no faith in something that requires faith. And I am not lost.

It doesn't matter how you spin it, joke about it, or mock it. The Bible says that the unbeliever is the delusional one.

And according to this Koran in my hand, you should be killed for your blasphemy. No trial, no jury, just straight up execution for daring to follow anything other than Allah and his edicts as given to this world through Mohammed.

Does that sound fair to you? Does it even sound rational?

You're still proving my point that the Bible speaks the truth. You confess you have no faith. According to the Bible you will be destroyed after you're judged by God. Secondly, you refer to the Quran as if that means anything to me. The Bible says that all other religions apart from Christ are false.

Also, as far as the people of the religion of peace, all they do is kill for this and that so when they come (and they will) they may line up the Christians for slaughter as they always do, but they will take all of the faithless unbelievers and line them right up beside the Christians, homosexuals, and apostates. The only difference is, is that I have a future. For me, the Bible says that I will live forever. I believe that because I have faith.

edit on 25-9-2013 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

You're still proving my point that the Bible speaks the truth. You confess you have no faith. According to the Bible you will be destroyed after you're judged by God. Secondly, you refer to the Quran as if that means anything to me. The Bible says that all other religions apart from Christ are false.

And that, they truly are.

No name on the planet holds the power that Jesus Christ does.
His name doesn't turn people into freaks. His name turns freaks
into people.

I've seen it time and time again. No one can deny it.

Get ready for a thread on the topic.

edit on 25-9-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Wandering Scribe

Lutheran theology has a "get out of any argument" card that immediately negates any reasonable insights you may have:

But since the devil's bride, Reason, that pretty whore, comes in and thinks she's wise, and what she says, what she thinks, is from the Holy Spirit, who can help us, then? Not judges, not doctors, no king or emperor, because [reason] is the Devil's greatest whore.

At least to Lutherans, your thoughts, however rational, are the devil's work, my friend.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

And that, they truly are.
No name on the planet holds the power that Jesus Christ does.
His name doesn't turn people into freaks. His name turns freaks
into people.

I've seen it time and time again. No one can deny it.

Get ready for a thread on the topic.

That's like saying the word "sun" gives people sunburns.

Can't wait for the thread.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   

How did I prove your point? May God strike me with lightning if I use his name in vain and deny the holy spirit in the same post. Jesus freakin' Christ, I deny the holy spirit of the Abrahamic god and faith! Hmm, nothing happened. I wonder why? My apologies to anyone who was offended by that display, but what does it take to make a point around here?

And...oh, gee, your God sure does sound loving! Wow. And people wonder why I despise the old geezer. Maybe it's because he's got an attitude problem and needs a lesson in humility himself. Hell, I wouldn't even hurt him. I'd just smile to show him how easy it is to get the f*** over it, since he clearly needs a lesson in the skill. I'd shake his hand to demonstrate maturity and self-restraint, because he's apparently never heard of those things. And I'd have a cup of coffee with him and explain to him that if he destroys me, that means I win. It means I got what I wanted and he didn't. Let him stick that in his pipe.

Oh, and did you know the Koran says the same thing about your Bible? Pretty ironic, that. I would even say hilarious, given the supposedly exclusively accurate nature of your holy scriptures. Hilarious that they mirror the very materials they claim are utterly invalid.

The only difference is, is that I have a future. For me, the Bible says that I will live forever. I believe that because I have faith.

There's no reasoning with you, is there? It frightens me that people place so much importance on immortality and are willing to give up so much for so little. It says that they don't plan on making a difference. They don't plan on living a full and meaningful life. They plan on living forever so they don't have to worry about it.

That saddens me because those people all play a role, and their perspective affects how they interact with this world. And if they don't plan on making the most of it while they have it...how is the world supposed to change for the better? It's very disconcerting.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   

There's no reasoning with you, is there?

What is there to be reasoned ?

reply to post by NiNjABackflip

That's like saying the word "sun" gives people sunburns.

Not at all.
Because what I said is true.
edit on 25-9-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   

the2ofusr1
reply to post by Tucket

The Just , ..Shall live ,..By faith ...Its not by any works we have done ..It really is hard for us to get our minds around and keep it there ..If the blood of Jesus Christ was not sufficient enough to redeem us to God then what kind of works would be ..Some think that prayer beads are needed but wouldn't that mean that Jesus is not enough ..

I am putting my trust in the Son of God and what He accomplished on the cross ..My best is like filthy rags before a righteous God .....peace

Your best may be dirty rags to Jesus, but what is your worst to your neighbor? Does God expect us to follow his commandments, or does he even care what evils we force upon each other? Just because we do not compare to God does not mean that we do not have responsibility to be good. Your deeds reveal your faith, hand in hand they dance to the tune of salvation.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   

It is interesting that you talk about experience, yet you view the experiences of Christians as void of meaning. I would challenge you to at least do a search of "lives of catholic monks", and what these people have added to society. The problem would be that you don't value consistent acts of selflessness, sacrifice, and prayer. No, it's all parachutes, mountain bikes, speed dating, Hollywood, and Obamacare... And for the truly dark of heart- "experience" includes a fascination with all Manner of perverse and destructive interests best for society to be left by the side of the road outside of town.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Tucket
Well I think I'm in the right forum.
I just wanted to briefly talk about the theology of Martin Luther. His theology has heavily influenced Christianity since the conception of the King James Bible. The bible itself was written mostly by William Tyndale under the direct guidance of Martin Luther. .

Stop right there, this is already a lie and an absurd one at that.
The Bible was not written by some man at some date. Ask any history, or archeological, or Biblical scholar, professor, what have you, they will laugh at what you just said and your absurd claims. Um ever heard of the DEAD SEA SCROLLS? this among tons of other historical evidence supporting the historical truth of the Bible.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by apydomis

I get along just fine with my neighbours .Thanks be to God .

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Faith and deeds acting as one.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   

The Bible was not written by some man at some date.

Which bible are you referring to? The first one? I'd agree with that. It was written by many men at many dates. I should've put Tyndale "re wrote" or translated the bible. You're the first one to catch that error. Thanks.

Professors and historians laughing at my claims? Yep...Have you read any of the replies?

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Dammit still can't use quotes properly.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join