It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Immigration: House Bill Looks Dead

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
The House bill on immigration reform appears to be dead. Hooray for that and shoot it again please just too make sure. Every discussion about immigration always seems to boil down to amnesty. Amnesty for people who's first act in the US is to break the law. In my mind amnesty for lawbreakers is just plain wrong.

In blow to immigration reform, House ‘gang of seven’ bill looks dead

In a blow to the hopes of passing immigration reform anytime soon, the bipartisan House “gang of seven” plan is probably dead and almost certainly won’t be introduced this fall as promised, a top Democrat on the group acknowledges.

“It doesn’t appear that we’re going to move forward with the group of seven,” Rep. Luis V. Gutierrez (Ill.), a key player on immigration as a member of the gang, said in an interview with me. “The process is stalled. I don’t believe we’re going to produce a bill anytime soon.”

This "gang of 7" and it's corrosponding "gang of 8" in the senate are aptly named. This gang mentality permeates Washington and luckily some of the "7" gang have bailed.

“The bipartisan group just wasn’t getting support from Republican House leadership,” Rep. Luis V. Gutierrez (Ill.) says. “It’s just not gonna happen now.”

Good! In my opinion the US does not have an immigration problem. We have an "illegal" immigration problem. Admittedly we need to fix a few issues such as green cards for workers but these updates are for the benefit of people trying to come here legally. Our politicians should not be straining to fix an illegal problem. We already have enough problems now.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Blow it dead and then some. We don't need more welfare cases. Amnesty was granted once before and nothing changed.

I think it's outrageous that illegals are allowed to protest immigrant rights. Who the hell do they think they are? Whining that they don't get rights like citizens do. They get too much already.

Oh boy, you got me started.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

So let me try to understand America a little here.
If innocent people are killed in oh...say Syria, we need to intervene at the great cost of wealth and blood. BUT if any of those Syrians had snuck into the US before they were gassed, we should send them right back because they snuck in. The US seems very confused on its humanitarian philosophy.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Restricted
reply to post by Bassago

Blow it dead and then some. We don't need more welfare cases. Amnesty was granted once before and nothing changed.

I think it's outrageous that illegals are allowed to protest immigrant rights. Who the hell do they think they are? Whining that they don't get rights like citizens do. They get too much already.

Oh boy, you got me started.

Illegals are protesting to get rights as citizens?

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   

1104light
reply to post by Bassago

So let me try to understand America a little here.
If innocent people are killed in oh...say Syria, we need to intervene at the great cost of wealth and blood. BUT if any of those Syrians had snuck into the US before they were gassed, we should send them right back because they snuck in. The US seems very confused on its humanitarian philosophy.

Nope. You won't find many Syria pro-warmongering sympathizer's here from what I've seen. Syria is not our fight. I've put up a few threads on it actually.

If Syrians or any other non US citizen sneaks across the border they need to be arrested and sent home. We have pathways to legally immigrate to the US. We also have the mechanism to handle refugees.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by 1104light

Illegals want the same rights as citizens and even get things that our own citizens don't get. There are double standards and illegals have been placed above citizens and those coming here through the proper channels. Perhaps you should study about the negative impact of illegal immigration in the US.

We have had amnesty in the past and it only made things worse.

From years of illegal immigration, we have to press 1 for english in important phone calls, we are required to speak spanish in order to get hired for many jobs that have nothing to do with international business or translations... I wouldn't dream of leaving my country expecting and demanding that they cater to me! How rude and arrogant!

Legal immigrants come here with great respect for our country and language. Illegals have no respect, break the law to be here, break the law paying for fraudulant documents etc. Illegals have no health or background checks. We get gang members, pedophiles, murderers, thieves etc. We have laws for a reason.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   

The US seems very confused on its humanitarian philosophy.

It has cost the US PLENTY for illegals. Free schooling until college then in-state tuition for colleges saving them thousands of dollars, cheap housing, food stamps, medical etc. These people are often treated better than our own, some who have to choose between life saving medicines or food, some homeless and hungry. I think the illegals have been treated quite well while many of our own citizens suffer and struggle to survive. What makes an illegal 'better' than a citizen or one coming here through the proper channels????

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Well said Night Star.

Wish I could give you a dozen stars for that one.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Bassago
reply to post by Night Star

Well said Night Star.

Wish I could give you a dozen stars for that one.

Thanks! I used to let people intimidate me and then I thought...it is essential that we stand up for our people who have been taken advantage of for too long.

I have met many illegals through the years, heard all their stories, heard how they decieve and how much they get away with. I have seen citizens turned away from jobs that they are perfectly qualified for while an illegal barely speaking a word of english was hired instead. I have seen how citizens have lost job opportunities because they didn't speak spanish and the only reason it was required was because most of their employees spoke spanish.

For so long we have been a country of immigrants, LEGAL immigrants who were grateful to be here, who learned and spoke english. When you have millions and millions of illegal immigration through the years and they get to pick and choose which laws to follow and the country caters to their every whim, there is a huge problem. When a foreigner's needs are placed above those of our citizens, there is a huge problem. When we have to speak a foreign language in our own country just because illegals refuse to speak it etc etc. When is enough enough?

Over and over and over you will hear the msm speak about the poor illegal while ignoring the plight of our own poor and hungry people. How often do you hear about how many lives have been lost due to an illegal and our laws not being enforced? The poor teenager who was dragged beneath a car for a ways and left to die, the mother and daughter coming from a dance class, the teenager without legs because a drunken illegal plowed her over, how often do we hear of these stories? If these illegals were never here, these people would be alive and still making wonderful memories with their beloved families.

Again I ask when is enough enough?

Still, the pro illegal folks will ignore or not care about such things, as long as their illegals get what they want. Sad, very sad.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Hello I been visiting this forum for a few years and today I decided to join.

Aren't we all consider illegal aliens since this land isn't ours.We took it away from the Native American

Dont flame me

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   

oscarveli21

Aren't we all consider illegal aliens since this land isn't ours.We took it away from the Native American

Dont flame me

Welcome oscarveli21. Glad you're here. You should also do an introduction in the Introductions forum.

Don't get me started on Native American issues. That's a whole other thread.

No flames, see.
edit on 21-9-2013 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Night Star

The US seems very confused on its humanitarian philosophy.

It has cost the US PLENTY for illegals. Free schooling until college then in-state tuition for colleges saving them thousands of dollars, cheap housing, food stamps, medical etc. These people are often treated better than our own,

Show me all the illegals that have a better life than Bill Gates. SHOW ME.

some who have to choose between life saving medicines or food, some homeless and hungry. I think the illegals have been treated quite well while many of our own citizens suffer and struggle to survive. What makes an illegal 'better' than a citizen or one coming here through the proper channels????

I agree with you on that 100%. Did you not understand my question? Do you think saving Afghanis, Iraquis, Syrians, etc is free?

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Night Star, right on!

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Restricted
Night Star, right on!

Apparently nightstar and all you fanning her missed my question.
I never said we need to spend money on illegals. I asked why it made sense to spend money on people in other countries for the same reasons illegals come to the US. I do not agree with spending tax money on illegals but I also do not agree with spending money on saving people in far away lands. What I am asking is why it is ok with most Americans to spend tons of money and BLOOD saving people in other countries but not to spend money on the ones that make here.

Is my question really that complicated?

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   

So 1104light you've been here what 4.5 days made almost 300 posts and haven't introduced yourself yet as far as I see. Why don't you post an introduction and tell us a little about yourself, hmm? Like perhaps what you do for employment, do you ever sleep, stuff like that. Inquiring minds want to know.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   

1104light

Restricted
Night Star, right on!

Apparently nightstar and all you fanning her missed my question.
I never said we need to spend money on illegals. I asked why it made sense to spend money on people in other countries for the same reasons illegals come to the US. I do not agree with spending tax money on illegals but I also do not agree with spending money on saving people in far away lands. What I am asking is why it is ok with most Americans to spend tons of money and BLOOD saving people in other countries but not to spend money on the ones that make here.

Is my question really that complicated?

I don't agree with the wars overseas. The only illegals we should be spending money on are those in the pipeline who are serious about citizenship.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   

oscarveli21

Dont flame me

Having some Native American ancestory besides French and Irish, I can tell you this...Native American tribes fought against each other for food and land. Not only that, but The tribes wern't the first to find that land.
Countries now have borders and laws. So, no Oscar, we are not illegals. Welcome to ATS!

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   

why it is ok with most Americans to spend tons of money and BLOOD saving people in other countries but not to spend money on the ones that make here.

It isn't ok by most of us. Most of us Americans want our troops home, our sons and daughters brothers, mothers and fathers home and alive! Our hearts break for any blood spilled. We are genuinely a people of love and compassion.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Bassago

So 1104light you've been here what 4.5 days made almost 300 posts and haven't introduced yourself yet as far as I see. Why don't you post an introduction and tell us a little about yourself, hmm? Like perhaps what you do for employment, do you ever sleep, stuff like that. Inquiring minds want to know.

I have an introduction thread. I took me a while to realize there was such a thing. Now I cannot wait to hear how any of that is on topic in this thread.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   

oscarveli21

Dont flame me

I'll be nice and not flame. Who are referring to as "all"? My ancestry runs a combo of Irish/Scottish with a bit a German mixed and I'm 1st natural born on my mothers side as a citizen with my Dad's side running back to Civil war times before jumping back across the pond.

Now the El Camino Real was established by Spanish priests converting locals to Christianity up and down the West Coast. About 150 years worth of it, actually. The French had their claims and fights around the periphery of the continent while England kinda stomped all over the North East, in particular.

US Expansion and Geopolitics across North America

Given how some reports put Native American populations prior to the first contacts from the Spanish and others? I believe the obliteration of an entire culture was as much an unintentional international effort (disease) as it was deliberate removal and later....very energetic 2-way war all over the future Western states. Just my opinion of history..and I know interpretation varies.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join