It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy Music: Looking for Recommendations

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Hi - Could use some suggestions from ATS-ers as to some upbeat, happy, self-esteem raising, fun and high energy music I can download to my ipod.

You see, my ipod currently has some beautiful music on it -- such as May it Be and Into the West from LOTR soundtrack, celtic songs, etc., but I realize that they can make me feel sad and down and tearful if I'm predisposed already.

I've been feeling very stressed from work, from my finances, from some hits that I've received lately, and just feeling crappy physically. So I need some pick-me-up music, that energizes, makes me smile, makes me feel tough and strong -- and happy and in a good mood.

Looking for recommendations.

For example, first on my list will be The Verve's Bittersweet Symphony. Why? I know the words aren't uplifting on this song, but I tell you, the music makes me feel like I can do anything and am a bit of a bad-ass!

Another song that is on my list to download is that silly "I Got A Feeling" by Black Eyed Peas -- because it always makes me feel a bit happier when I hear it. Or that song "Heroes" (we can be heroes, for just one day...) And that Smashing Pumpkins' song which I can't remember the name of now -- (Impossible is possible tonight.....); and Marilyn Manson's Beautiful People - which for some reason gets me energized. Oh, and that sappy "Walking on Sunshine" song -- I know, I know, but it makes me feel happy when I hear it.

Not looking for happy love songs, as I'm not in a relationship now and don't want to be reminded of that

I love all kinds of music -- mostly rock, some country and pop, can be 2010s, 2000s, 1990s (some of my favorites), 60s-70s-80s...not so much 50s...can be Christian (although I am not religious), punk/new wave, grunge, can be "It's a Wonderful World"...showtunes, celtic, world, oh and some upbeat reggae music would be grand.

I can't think of any more, so I'm hoping you all have great suggestions for toe-tapping, smile-making, you-can-do-it types of songs (words and/or melody) that make you smile, roll down the car windows and crank up the volume, and feel like you are on top of the world!

To top it off, it's 11 a.m. here and as dark and rainy as can be, so send me some joyful tunes!!!!

Thanks in advance!

edit on 21-9-2013 by Galadriel because: spelling

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Galadriel

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   

How about this Gal :

This :

or this :

Kindest respects

Rodinus

edit on 21-9-2013 by Rodinus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Here are two that should lift your spirits, the second is stepping a little close to your forbidden subject but, is playfully cavalier. You probably don't speak Irish anyway so...

Sláinte!

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Rodinus- REM song definitely going to be on the list -- thanks!

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
OK, I checked my music and being a metalhead didn't come up much upbeat. I like Swing though. Music from the 40's. It's happy tunes. New versions of Swing:

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Here you go.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by greencmp

Greencmp -these two are both awesome! I need to think about some reels & jigs!! I have the slow, soft, mournful ballad type of Irish folk music -- which make me want to cry...

Thanks for introducing me to these artists.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Can't get enough Cat Stevens
edit on 21-9-2013 by denybedoomed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Heretic Pride by The Mountain Goats

Linking not working for me.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   

intrepid
OK, I checked my music and being a metalhead didn't come up much upbeat. I like Swing though. Music from the 40's. It's happy tunes. New versions of Swing:

Hey intrepid: yep - these are cool in my book. Metal and 40s swing -- big difference there!
You can't help but feel happy with swing music -- and you can't sit still. LOVE them.
edit on 21-9-2013 by Galadriel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Galadriel
reply to post by greencmp

Greencmp -these two are both awesome! I need to think about some reels & jigs!! I have the slow, soft, mournful ballad type of Irish folk music -- which make me want to cry...

Thanks for introducing me to these artists.

You are very welcome and I am glad you like them!

I did an Irish radio show here in Boston for almost a decade back in the 90s. There are much more where those come from.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Galadriel

intrepid

Hey intrepid: yep - these are cool in my book. Metal and 40s swing -- big difference there!
You can't help but feel happy with swing music -- and you can't sit still. LOVE them.
edit on 21-9-2013 by Galadriel because: (no reason given)

That's just it. You can't stay still with Swing. It's happy music. I just remembered Jimmy Buffett. He's ALL about fun:

Yeah, it's a strange mix of music that I listen to but 90%:

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by DestroyDestroyDestroy

DDD - interesting mix. I am liking Unicorn Kid - Boys of Paradise (video is great) and the Best Pessimist - Walking with Happiness is lovely.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by denybedoomed

denybedoomed - which Cat Stevens song were you suggesting? Link not working and didn't see a title. Just curious.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Rubylove. Really anything by that man makes me happy.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Well if you want anything cheery, fun and just plain crazy I suggest these guys

Always make me laugh whenever I need a pick up lol
edit on 21-9-2013 by Xcellante because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
This one does it for me every time

PS. Hope your ready to dance the dance of happiness.
edit on 21-9-2013 by zonetripper2065 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

I know tons of upbeat uplifting metal songs.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   

I like the CD Chicken Soup for the Soul: Celebrating Life. It is fun and energetic and it always cheers me up.

Readers of the mega-selling Chicken Soup for the Soul self-help books may also find strength and comfort in this 15-track companion collection, subtitled "Songs of Joy and Jubilation to Open the Heart and Rekindle the Spirit." The focus is on feel-good hits from the '60s to the '80s, including Three Dog Night's "Joy to the World," Kool & the Gang's "Celebration," Katrina & the Waves' "Walking on Sunshine" and Bobby McFerrin's "Don't Worry Be Happy," all of which only go to prove that one man's chicken soup is another man's ipec

Link

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join