It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli soldiers 'manhandle' European diplomats attempting to deliver aid to Palestine

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   
A Reuters reporter saw soldiers throw sound grenades at a group of diplomats, aid workers and locals in the occupied West Bank, and yank a French diplomat out of the truck before driving away with its contents.

"They dragged me out of the truck and forced me to the ground with no regard for my diplomatic immunity," French diplomat Marion Castaing said.

"This is how international law is being respected here," she said, covered with dust.

This just shows again how israel thinks it is beyond international law. They have no compassion for the Palestinians ans just want to take every last bit of land away from them and leave them with nowhere to put a bed.

www.independent.ie...

www.youtube.com...

www.reuters.com...

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by sueloujo

I'm so glad my hard earned tax dollars fund this bull# country.

/sarcasm

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   

When there has been a constant history of weapons, gear and such smuggled into palestine for use toward Israel's people I too would be a little hostile. These so called diplomats have a clear history of deceit and have an agenda that is crystal clear to those whom choose to look. When a group continues to do the same thing over and over, you must let them know you mean business. sorry, the people of this region should spend their time and efforts on their people instead of looking to harm people on the other side of the border, and do not insult yourself, the people and leaders could be self sufficent, but choose to be the victim.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by teslahowitzer

Give me evidence of the diplomats being deceitful and I might listen to mere words. By virtue of their title they are known as people who hold the position of diplomat because of their compassion and understanding. All I know is this is occupied territory and the Palestinians have suffered enough at the hands of the Israelis. The Israelis started all this hatred in the middle East because of their greed and I too would want to protect myself and MY land and home and family. I hope a full and comprehensive investigation is done on this.

If Israel had adhered to the borders set in the first instance then maybe the Palestinians could live in peace.
edit on 21-9-2013 by sueloujo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   

I sir care not to beat a dead horse as history, REAL HISTORY, not fabricated agenda BS tells me all I need to know. I was part of a technical military observation unit in this arena. I have seen first hand what the leaders of palestine were up to, you can border till you are dust, but what happened in 67, it was clear what Israel had to do, The bottom line here is simple, you leave them alone and stop firing crap over the border, and they will leave you alone, period. Learn to be self sufficent, do not kill your neighbors, enjoy life, but keep up the same crap, you get the same results. I see change and my mind will follow, but until then......

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   

If this diplomat truly wanted to help these people without a fight, she should have given them their tents and supplies outside of the area that had been contested. When you help these people set up tents in an area in which they've already been asked to leave, you're just stirring up tension and being an activist, not a humanitarian.

edit on 21-9-2013 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
The arguments given against the Palestinians are growing old. These people had their houses bulldozed to make way for what? And you call it contested land. Israel does nothing but act like a big bully. IMO

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   

teslahowitzer

I sir care not to beat a dead horse as history, REAL HISTORY, not fabricated agenda BS tells me all I need to know. I was part of a technical military observation unit in this arena. I have seen first hand what the leaders of palestine were up to, you can border till you are dust, but what happened in 67, it was clear what Israel had to do, The bottom line here is simple, you leave them alone and stop firing crap over the border, and they will leave you alone, period. Learn to be self sufficent, do not kill your neighbors, enjoy life, but keep up the same crap, you get the same results. I see change and my mind will follow, but until then......

Israel has been in wrong since 47. Those were the borders that were set by the deal that was made with the UN. In 67 Israel broke international law and annexed more land crying they needed it for their defense. Even after that Israel continues to break international law with it's illegal settlements and still continues annexing land by force. So in 67 Israel didn't have to do anything but they did show their true face. Israel is a terrorist nation that is not to be trusted.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   

The arguments given against the Palestinians are growing old. These people had their houses bulldozed to make way for what? And you call it contested land. Israel does nothing but act like a big bully. IMO

Listen, regardless of what you think, an Israeli court ruled that there were homes built on this land without proper permits. We may not like it, but it doesn't give anyone the right (especially from another country) to buck a court's decision unless they're looking to get their face slammed into the dirt. This french diplomat should know better. If they want to provide aid, fine. If they want to create more problems, they're putting themselves at risk with no legal protection against being manhandled.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   

I don't take sides in this as I believe both sides are at fault and more restraint on both ends would go a long way to helping solve a very complicated issue but the IDF ( ya I know, you won't believe them, it's the IDF but you did ask for evidence )refutes the claims and states that the people involved, including the media reporting of the issue, is the same old smear Israel and the IDF at all costs.

www.idfblog.com...

Yesterday, following an illegal attempt by Palestinians and foreign activists to erect tents in Samaria’s Hemdat area, in the northern Jordan Valley, security personnel responded to the site with the intent to implement a standing Supreme Court Decision. At the site, Palestinian and foreign activists violently objected, throwing stones and striking Israeli security forces. The security personnel contained the violence with riot dispersal means, seized the tents and detained three Palestinians who were the main instigators, forcefully objecting to the activity. Reports that foreign diplomats abused their diplomatic privileges are currently being reviewed and, if required, complaints will be filed with the relevant authorities.

Israeli Foreign Ministry spokesperson, Paul Hirschson, said a formal complaint might be filed with the French over the involvement of French diplomat, Marion Castaing. “If she did participate then a formal complaint will be filed because that is not the way diplomats behave,” he said.

Funny ( to me at least in that eye roll kinda way ) that that link is buried on page 13 I think of a google search. The rest of the links were "Those evil Israeli's are at it again ".

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by GAOTU789

An IDF blog...?? don't make me laugh!

It's like me posting this.

Harassed in Gaza: Internationals Under Threat

www.youtube.com...
edit on 21-9-2013 by sueloujo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

And Israel building settlements on land belonging to Palestinians is has been ruled illegal by International law. You can't have it both ways.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   

As I said, you'll dismiss it immediately but it IS what you asked for.

But you can let your bias and hatred of Israel get in the way of the facts presented at the blog, that's up to you. You asked and I gave it you, knowing that your response would be exactly what you posted. Critical thinking requires the ability to see all aspects of an argument; you clearly refuse to entertain anything that may contradict your bias.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
These diplomats and aid workers are lucky they weren't shot like Israel has done with other aid workers.

UN agency condemns killing of staff member by Israeli forces

And let's not for get Israels use of WP on UN schools and hospitals. Photos of Israeli White Phosphorus attacks on UN schools in Gaza

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Yeah, yeah, blah, blah, blah...

In the immediate aftermath of the General Assembly's vote on the Partition plan, the explosions of joy among the Jewish community were counterbalanced by the expression of discontent among the Arab community. Soon after, violence broke out from both sides and became more and more prevalent. Murders, reprisals, and counter-reprisals came fast on each other's heels, resulting in dozens of victims killed on both sides in the process. The impasse persisted as British forces didn't intervene to put a stop to the escalating cycles of violence generated by IZL and LHI terrorism and Arab skirmishes.

According to Benny Morris, much of the fighting in the first months of the war took place in and on the edges of the main towns, and was initiated by the Arabs. It included Arab snipers firing at Jewish houses, pedestrians, and traffic, as well as planting bombs and mines along urban and rural paths and roads.

en.wikipedia.org...

Before 1967, Syria exacerbated the confrontation with Israel, in order to divert attention from its internal economic and political instability.[qt 2] Not only land[citation needed], but water was a major factor in building tensions between Israel and it neighbours and eventually to the war itself.

From 1950s water politics had escalated. Israel tapped the Jordan River (and the Sea of Galilee)by canal for irrigation of the Southern Negev desert, and Syria started the Headwater Diversion Plan (Jordan River) in order to thwart Israel's plans to use the water. Across-border conflict over water without political resolution had preceded the war by years.

Between 1966 and 1967 Israel’s borders saw repeated Arab terrorist attacks and Syrian military activity. The Syrians were opposed to any form of Israeli use of the demilitarized zone, even if only for agricultural purposes. On May 11, UN Secretary General U Thant leveled criticism at Syria for its sponsorship of Palestinian terrorism, denouncing those attacks as "deplorable," "insidious" and "menaces to peace."

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by GAOTU789

I laughed because an IDF blog is NOT evidence. To say someone is bias just because they do not agree with you is a baseless argument. Critical thinking needs to be backed up. I have seen enough and have enough evidence to back up which side I lean on in this respect.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Deetermined

Listen, regardless of what you think, an Israeli court ruled that there were homes built on this land without proper permits. We may not like it, but it doesn't give anyone the right (especially from another country) to buck a court's decision unless they're looking to get their face slammed into the dirt. This french diplomat should know better. If they want to provide aid, fine. If they want to create more problems, they're putting themselves at risk with no legal protection against being manhandled.

This is annexed land that Israel issued these orders on Israel does not have the right to issue those orders. This may be hard for an Israeli supporter to understand but Israel has no real legal rights over this land because it technically doesn't belong to them.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Let's not forget that the people hiding in that school were Hamas. This wasn't some attack geared towards civilians, although I'm sure Hamas would like for you to believe that.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

Oh yes the six day war. Yet another war STARTED by Israel against nations that were not attacking them. The six day war was just another excuse to steal more land. And it is because of this BS war that the peace agreement between Israel and Egypt that America HAS to give Egypt 1.2 billion a year in aid. How nice America is paying protection money for Israel.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Deetermined

Let's not forget that the people hiding in that school were Hamas. This wasn't some attack geared towards civilians, although I'm sure Hamas would like for you to believe that.

Sure there were tell that to all the kids that were hurt and killed. The old Hamas was hiding lie is really getting old because Israel never backs it up with proof.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join