It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Says: Healthcare Law 'Starting to Bear Real Fruit'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

A scam?

I find it a good thing that my sister, who is a diabetic, can now get covered, when she couldn't easily or without great cost because of a "pre-existing condition."

I find it a good that that a relative, born with a heart defect that required multiple surgeries and a lifetime of expensive meds, is allowed to stay on his father's plan until he is 26 and gets out of college.

I find it a good thing that women have easier access to healthcare and wellness.

I find it a good things that those below the poverty line will actually be able to get some kind of healthcare.

ETC

I don't see that as a scam at all.

In my first post I said I didn't agree with the fine or the requirement for insurance, but that it was no reason to get rid of the ENTIRE thing for the few flaws. As far as what is affordable, it's likely a LOT more affordable and beneficial, according to estimates and data, than the gouging, for-profit SCAM we have called private healthcare.

Now that's the real scam.

So, it might not be affordable to someone making 170 a week (and neither is life), but to the MANY below the poverty line who do NOT have insurance, this offers them something, and I'm imagine it's a lot cheaper than the next ER visit they take.

The whole system needs to change. Don't out the entirely of fault on AHA. That's unfair.

edit on 21-9-2013 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by irishchic

My grandmother is in the same boat as you. She's retired and has a limited income. A lot of the prescriptions she took have now become way too expensive for her. This is a woman who already lives on a couple of sandwiches a day, doesn't go anywhere because she can't afford gas for her old car, yet they expect her to pay out the wazoo for some medication she really needs.

Her doctors have been very helpful though, she's gotten a few "samples" that helped her, but she's still going without the medication she desperately needs. I'm in Europe struggling myself, so I can't help. But it annoys the living daylights out of me that people in Norway praise Obama for his "Obamacare" claiming that everyone "now has free healthcare". Of course, I set them straight and I love seeing that smug smile turn into a frown. Idiots.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 04:24 AM
link   

LiquesenceSo, it might not be affordable to someone making 170 a week (and neither is life), but to the MANY below the poverty line who do NOT have insurance, this offers them something, and I'm imagine it's a lot cheaper than the next ER visit they take.

I earn $550 weekly. I put out monthly: $1100 for rent, $500 for food, $100 for phone/Internet, $100-300 for electric depending on the weather, $100 for car insurance (required by law here), $25-100 for natural gas.

So: 2 weeks' income pays the rent, 1 week's income pays for food, and the 4th week might cover the bills.

And somehow, I'm supposed to come up with money to pay for healthcare too? And if I don't, I'll get penalized for it?

I have a facial birthmark which likes to grow 'polyps', or protruding growths that can obstruct my vision.
When I was 20 and making 200 a week, I could get them removed for free.
When I was 30 and making 400 a week, I would have to pay $1500 to get them removed.
Now I'm 40 and have to pay whether or not I get them removed.

edit on 9/21/2013 by abecedarian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhht

The kind of . . . genocidal UN AGENDA 21 DEPOPULATION fruit a poison apple proffers.

O "care" is

nothing about "caring" or "health"

it is about tyranny, !CONTROL! and dealing with all the "useless eaters" in an institutionalized "more efficient" way.

It's about 'end of life' "management" and sending grandma Eskimo out into the cold of sterile rooms and minimal end of life care for the aged "useless eaters."

Interesting that those voting it in are exempt.

Who are they fooling . . . besides the suckups to O's lying narcissism?

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Liquesence

If I truly believed that the things you cite were going to actually become reality?

I'd probably have a different idea of just how terrible for everyone this enforced-plan is going to turn out to be.I might even see the "other side" of things as you do.

However, I have NO reason based on life, experience, and the way things tend to work out when the government/IRS is involved that ANYTHING "we are being told" will in fact come to fruition.

They simply cannot make all these "promises" without outlining a clearly-defined idea of where the money to provide such marvelous services for all is going to come from, how the doctors will be paid for their services to patients (and I have friends who are doctors who are literally in shock and awe about how their practices of medicine will have to "change") but rather it's a grey, murky, constantly changing rough-outline of a disaster waiting to happen FULL of idle "promises" that is supposed to "take effect" in a few short weeks!

Again, it's been my personal experience that when a plan is well thought out, clearly defined, and when the people in place to execute it are experienced and dedicated to the best possible results that "things come together"

top topics

<< 1   >>

join