It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Says: Healthcare Law 'Starting to Bear Real Fruit'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Obama Says: Healthcare Law 'Starting to Bear Real Fruit'

"Real Fruit" ? Not "Fake Fruit" ? Hmmm.

The "Real" question is: for who ?

Most likely the Muney Mungers, not the Victims American Citizens.

With just ten days to go until Obamacare's insurance exchanges begin, President Barack Obama touted the crony capitalist benefits of his healthcare overhaul to corporate executives Thursday.

"The cost of healthcare is now growing at the slowest rate in 50 years," Obama said to members of his Export Council. "If the current trends hold... we're going to see a continuing slowing of healthcare costs. That's going to boost our exports."

Obama added: "It turns out actually a lot of what we've done is starting to bear real fruit."

Wait a minute.....

Now he's also saying that the cost of healthcare is "growing" at the "slowest" rate in 50 years

However, according to a report released Wednesday from Medicare's Office of the Actuary, U.S. healthcare spending will jump by 6.1% next year—a figure 2% higher than the growth rate—due to Obamacare. Furthermore, according to Investor's Business Daily's running Obamacare scorecard, at least 301 businesses have already laid off thousands of workers and are slashing workers' hours to avoid government fines and penalties.

Obama: Healthcare Law 'Starting to Bear Real Fruit'

Time to Ring the Dinner Bells !!

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

He really just makes this stuff up to say, for whatever will sound good that day...doesn't he? There is no logic to it anymore and the more one realizes it? The more it stands out. Wow... no one needs a highlighter to see this whopper though. A fisherman claiming to have caught a world record before it fell out of the boat would get more serious consideration from me. Heck, at least that story would kinda be plausible.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
The "real fruit" here in NH is only one provider has entered into the exchange and hospitals around the state are dropping that provider.

Seems like so much more would have been accomplished for the better if the simple interstate restriction on providers was dropped.

More competition, more people in pools, cheaper plans.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
If the President means shortened work weeks, lay-offs, smaller paychecks and insurmountable debt, then I agree with him.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
All I know is, if I can get the same or similar benefits/coverage with less cost with the Affordable Care act, you better believe I will dump my current plan (which is been increasing over the past few years) for this. And if I-and others—are paying less, it would be unwise for Republicans to defund it unless they can immediately find/draft/pass a suitable replacement (single payer, etc).

This, of course, remains to be seen.
edit on 20-9-2013 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Liquesence
All I know is, if I can get the same or similar benefits with less cost with the Affordable Care act, you better believe I will dump my current plan (which is been increasing over the past few years) for this. And if I-and others—are paying less, it would be unwise for Republicans to defund it unless they can immediately find/draft/pass a suitable replacement (single payer, etc).

This, of course, remains to be seen.

All this bill does it fine you if you don't purchase a health care plan. Good luck with that.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   

yeah, from what I've seen so far...it's LEMONS

can I have a show of hands as to how many cannot keep the insurance they now have...or how many are seeing prices rise as never before....and now this latest snafu
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   

i believe it was television warning me away from anything that looks like a mushy hairy peach

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
This puppet can't even be bothered with facts anymore, he knows that the public won't call him on his garbage so he'll just lie, lie, and lie to appease his masters.

The bill should be gutted. This is one time where I agree with the the criminals of the GOP.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Real fruit.

I pay almost $500.00 a month for two healthy adults who "do all the right stuff" and are pro-active and preventative in our health.Decent coverage with a fairly high deductible.

The ONE prescription I take is generic and "used to be" @ $75.00 for a three month supply.

Had it refilled last week: pharmacist asked me (in front of a line of people) what I took it for and did I feel it "helped" and/or might I be able to go without in in the future very (low dose HRT) then I was charged $273.57 for the GENERIC 3 month supply.

Really? To chat about MY health in front of a bunch of strangers??? Like you have an MD after your name??? (yes, I realize pharm-workers now have been grated executive powers)Then suggest I "might try doing without/using herbal supplements???"

Shut the door.

This is going to end BADLY...

Fruit...I tell you...ripe for the picking

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Let me guess.............he is speaking of the Durian fruit???? You know, the one that stinks so bad it is forbidden to eat in public places????

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   

seeker1963

Let me guess.............he is speaking of the Durian fruit???? You know, the one that stinks so bad it is forbidden to eat in public places????

Good One !!!

I forgot all about those rancid things !!

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
This has me thinking now...never a good idea on a stormy day

Fruit...indeed.

It's starting to feel like this whole health-care "agenda" is being promoted to prey on the visceral human reaction of fear.

Fear that "something bad will happen to you or yours and you will NEED insurance" or you'll be left bleeding in triage for days.
Fear that if you do NOT comply with the insidious requirements set out by the freakin' IRS (an entity that has PROVEN it uses in fear when dealing with "offenders") then you might be subject to penalties and fines and God knows what else!
This gang of thieves and thugs will have the "power" to monitor/edit your health and that scares the CRAP out of me! Where do they enter into the "health" of the American public at ALL except that they have been proclaimed the "enforcers" of this new "law?"

Fear that you aren't "adequate" to your family's needs when it comes to paying for their directed and required "coverages" and fear that as you age, you'll be dealt with like an ancient Egyptian left on the banks with broken legs for crocs to consume because NO ONE will take care of you because you are "old" and not a productive member of a collective society as determined by electronic facts and figures which will become the basis for what you "deserve" under this system.

I ask myself...who DOES this??? Then I ask myself why the hell I'd even put up with such insanity! I have worked VERY hard for my success and it's constantly be whittled away at so others can share in what I have earned. Now I'm being told I have to ALSO live in FEAR that the good health I enjoy because I am pro-active and try to live a healthy and positive lifestyle is going to be regulated by those who can "judge" and absolutely do NOT have my "best interests" at heart physically or financially...damn...double damn.

I think of groups like the Susan B Komen foundation and many other "charitable organizations" (and yes, I do understand there are MANY groups who do amazing work, I am citing one that has abused their position!) that prey on human emotion and the "health" of people in order to extort money...I feel like this entire "Obamacare" fiasco is founded on a similar business-model: get people scared and THEN get their money in your pocket!

I for one think that any civilized country that is being dictated to and ordered to comply to a set of laws set forth by those with a negative track-record that is based on "fear" is not a democracy but rather something so unpleasant that I don't have a nice word for it...

edit on 20-9-2013 by irishchic because: spelling

edit on 20-9-2013 by irishchic because: spelling

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Growing at a slower rate is still growing. Health Care in this country is absurd... it's beyond absurd. The only way to truly tackle the health insurance debacle is to revoke Corporate charters of those insurance and medical supply corporations that do not act in the best interest of the people. That's how we are supposed to handle corporations that get out of control.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Kali74
Growing at a slower rate is still growing. Health Care in this country is absurd... it's beyond absurd. The only way to truly tackle the health insurance debacle is to revoke Corporate charters of those insurance and medical supply corporations that do not act in the best interest of the people. That's how we are supposed to handle corporations that get out of control.

Good point.

The problem might be in State laws.

I think each State has slightly different laws that charter corporations.

I don't know if there is a 'Federal' chartered private corporation.

States' Rights might get in the way of Federal level legislations.

Big problem.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Except, the corporations seem to be running the show....or at the lease, the government is beholden to the corporations and its lobbyists.

Who really is benefiting from this fiasco of a law? Well, the answer seems pretty obvious.....anad it's not the US citizens.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

I'm aware of that, and that is one of the things I do not like about the ACA, requiring coverage or being fined. The few bad things about it is NO reason to repeal the WHOLE thing.

There are a TON of good things in it, and I would argue the pros outweigh the cons, as far as providing healthcare to individuals, when those benefits are actually looked at.

So, it does more than just "fine" people for not having insurance, but when those are the only glasses you look through, that's all you see.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Liquesence

Just wait until the low income workers, who rely on their tax returns, see the $750.00 fine come out of their little $1,500.00 return that they need to buy tires for their car, buy a new tv, pay off their small credit card - t hings these people rely on - and still don't "have insurance".

That's when the reality of this screwed up system will hit.

Maybe they will finally realize who the real victime of this scam is. And it is sad.

We've all lived in that world.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Liquesence

What exactly is "afforadable" for someone who makes $17.00 an hour? I haven't seen any real numbers? Is $50.00 a month afforadable? Maybe - what kind of rent do you have to pay? In NYC? Or SF? Is $300.00 a month afforable? HELL no.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 03:38 AM
link   

edit on 21-9-2013 by Liquesence because: blah

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join