It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Private Message System Verklempt

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   

SkepticOverlord
After a few compares of the backups to the data (still retained) of your old messages, it looks like just about everything we had just before this mess started is available.

However, there's something odd still since queries against the data take several seconds to complete.

If we have enough members needing to get access to their old messages, I'll create some kind of exporting system that will give you offline copies. Let me know if it's needed. Otherwise, the data will be expunged in 90 days.

If there is a possibility to have a backup of messages provided and the effort is not substantial than I would appreciate greatly the opportunity to back up my messages. There's a lot of crap in there but enough relevance for me to post this with fingers crossed...
edit on Mon, 30 Sep 2013 00:02:02 -0500 by MemoryShock because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   

SkepticOverlord
After a few compares of the backups to the data (still retained) of your old messages, it looks like just about everything we had just before this mess started is available.

However, there's something odd still since queries against the data take several seconds to complete.

If we have enough members needing to get access to their old messages, I'll create some kind of exporting system that will give you offline copies. Let me know if it's needed. Otherwise, the data will be expunged in 90 days.

If there is any way to get these old messages, I am one who would definitely, sincerely appreciate the ability to do so. There is some information there very important to me. So, count me amongst members who would like this ability, as well.

Thanks, in advance, if possible.
Tetra50

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Ditto to what the member above me stated.

I cannot access my messages at the present time. Is the message system down again? This has been going on for several days now. I would think it's had time to be repaired by now. Or is it just mine?

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Methinks theres no such thing as coincidence. Sometimes things just go wrong.Thankyou for providing a place for those of us who need to reach out------Chard

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
it was probably all those twerk vid requests i made

bogging down the system

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Hi SO,i am member Raxoxane+just had to create a new account to try+salvage my older one-but when i try to reply to the mod trying to advise me-there appears this message that tells me i may only reply to ATS staff members-but a mod Is a staff member.
I checked my outbox also-it does not show as having gone through?
Here is my thread on my trouble:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Blessings+best wishes
Rax

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
is there a minimum amount of posts that need to be made before an "inbox" can be visible? I have not been able to figure out the private messaging system on this website yet. Even though I have seen it in the policy that it exists and see other members talking about it, I do not see anything in my own profile or when clicking on other peoples names that there is any kind of private messaging allowed other then posting to someones "Wall" which is not really a 'Private Messaging' system.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by paradoxstyle

Right...

Look to the left of this message. In the box next to the text, you will see a multicolored version of my face, overlaid with my username, writers status, and then lower down my user information. Underneath these things, bottom left of the image, is a little icon that looks like the head and shoulders of a little person (warning, due to the color scheme of my avatar it may be difficult to see, because the icon I am talking about is green). If you click it, several options will come up in a little window. One of these will be the option "Send Message", which is the last option in the box, bottom right.

Click that, and what should happen is that you should be sent to a page which is subdivided in to two parts. On the left, underneath the words "Private Messages" will be a section which features several "buttons". These are, in order, the Inbox, Thread Replies, Outbox, and Saved Messages section. Underneath those buttons, will be displayed the content of whichever section you want to access of those four. So for instance, you click on Inbox, and your received message alerts will appear below. Clicking on them, makes the message appear on the right hand side of the screen.

Now, assuming you followed the little icon I directed you to earlier, and wish to send rather than read a message, then you ought to ignore the left hand side of the screen for the moment...

The right hand side of the screen will consist of a box which will be headed with "message to: (insert name of poster you wish to message)". Underneath that heading are several text boxes. The first is "send to:" into which should already be placed the name of the member you are attempting to contact. The second is "subject". You should put a brief explanation of the content of the message there. And finally, the last text box is headed "message". This is where you enter the main body of your message.

When you have written out what you want to say, you then click the "send" button which is directly underneath the "message" you just wrote.

As your understanding of the function of the message center evolves, you will find other ways of making it work for you, but for now, use those handy hints. I hope you find them useful!

edit on 10-10-2013 by TrueBrit because: Grammar, spelling, details added, altered, and made sense of.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Spanks you very much Truebit, appreciate the effort lots !!

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Nice way to avoid having to hand-over data to the NSA - fake "unrecoverable database crash"!
Thanks for looking out for ATS'ers!

It also reminds me of Episode #4 of "The Website is Down", where the political solution was "fake virus attack" and blame the problem on the "Chip the Sales guy's" machine being infected.

edit on 2013-10-14 by EnhancedInterrogator because: gamar, spling

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I've just found out all my old messages are gone and now I am going to cry.

I don't have many friends and I have just lost my saved messages. They reminded me of some good times.

I can't even have a drink-not allowed due to illness.

I even got banned from (nameless).

Life is s**t.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
So, someone can explain me how to recover previous messages?
Thank you

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Well, out with all the old stuff and in with some new stuff in the ol` inbox. It was bound to happen sooner or later any how. I hope everything gets up and running smoothly again soon.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Thank you all so very much for all that you do. I adore this site so much.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Well, I was just going through my inbox checking out business I have let slide involving u2us, and I thank you, sir, for that message at the end of my inbox saying "Where did all your messages go?"

I love clean slates. Going to bed now.

P.S. Just don't lose the forum data... holy crap that would be a disaster.

edit on 11amMon, 11 Nov 2013 01:16:31 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

edit on 11amMon, 11 Nov 2013 01:16:45 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Ja, project paperclip ensured that some words, culture, etc found their way into Americana.

Eisbein und sauerkraut und a eine kleine schnapps!
Ja wohl Mein Herr, so ist dass leben..

Prost

aLLeKs
As a German I am just impressed, that Americans have so many German words in their vocabulary... verklempt = verklemmt... interesting, did not now about this one yet

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 05:37 AM
link   
well since the changes, I don't even know where to find the messages.

I had some saved as well. It doesn't really matter.. but can someone u2u me so I can hit the button and hopefully I might find my way there.

lol
I used to get automated messages from admin but none now.. I even miss them.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

oh don't worry I found them but I had 3 new ones but it doesn't light up to tell me that they are there.

does the u2u button still light up? = notify Members

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
found this late, but thanks SO….a clean slate will be perfectly fine.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 04:44 AM
link   

SkepticOverlord

Wildmanimal
No offence or anything.

Darn Skep, I didn't realize you were in Scottsdale!
When I was stationed at Luke I rented a place just off of
North 69th St. If I would have known, maybe we could have met up for some tea.

BTW, if you happened to have see an unusual black suburban driving around.......

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join