It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Are These People And What Are They Doing?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Like | typed on the first page. |'d opine that the folks that link-a-link do so that perhaps You'd saunter over and take a peek?

The uptick in prescription drugs which are also derived from these plants did indeed hike in usage. The many deaths attributed to the pain medicine is also seen as a "benefit" to keep the population down.
But to type "Big Pharm"or this/that is to NOT see the 'whole' picture. In the police dep't. it would be called "fling a bunch of crap to the wall and see what sticks" Well doesn't this just make the whole wall smell?..

Think Globally, act locally. Wouldn't someOne who claims to "Support the Troops" do anything/everything to make sure there are NO WARS to fight? NOPE, it is "I support the Troops, here go buy some more guns".

When there is war, the factories make trucks, and guns and bombs.
When there is Peace, the factories make ???

namaste

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Why would the "shadow gov't" use Vietnam era funding tactics i.e. the Air America crowd when with the NSA and the earlier echelon technology is the perfect vehicle for insider trading?? They could make more money in a week playing the world's markets than 10 years of poppy peddling....

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Hi,

S&F for bringing this to my attention.
I have to disagree though that the particular video you show is self explanatory.
What we see is a soldier in a field of poppies.
Some 'milking' of poppies being done by an unknown person.
A shot of only the poppies.
A shot of a soldier next to a field of poppies with three unknown people in the distance doing 'something'.
To me (a layman perhaps) the video doesn't prove that it was shot in Afghanistan.
But maybe I missed the clue.

What I'm trying to say is that the images shown in the video lead to a lot of interpretation.
Based on what fact?
A soldier-like person sitting in a field of poppies.
That's the only fact that I am seeing.

What made me stick with this thread was mobtek's contribution:

mobtek
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

See this Michael Ruppert presentation at Portland a few years back.

I have seen the footage and learned a lot by doing so.
A lot of the evidence presented in his speach I was already familiar with.
But Ruppert has a way of delivering it in a very convincing way.
It made me look up some stuff that are not as familiar to me as to most Americans.

Heck, I even learned in the process that Ron Paul, a republican, is actually a good guy.
(I have been indoctrinated to favor Democrats when it comes to elections).

But without further derailing the thread, thanks again for bringing it up.
The video could probably not pass for evidence in a court of law though.

edit on 21-9-2013 by z00mster because: Spelling/grammar

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Private Bell sends me the proceeds

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   

1104light
Further Attention America
Good luck finding pain killers when you eradicated all opium producing plants. Many cancer patients will thank you!

What are you, retarded? We use opiates for pain medication the same as the rest of the world. Plus, our pharmaceutical industry is working of safer, synthetic opiate-like drugs for pain control. Do you understand the difference between legal drugs sold through a doctor compared to tons of the stuff that ends up in opium dens and on the streets?
Maybe we wouldn't have to police countries like yours if you had the common sense to keep drugs out of criminals hands!
Sorry, I'm proud to be an American and it doesn't hurt my feelings when someone thinks we use our superior firepower (although in this video it's not armed Americans overseeing these people) to bring criminal activities under control to those who can't or won't!

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Afghanistan is responsible for 70% of the worlds heroin trade 90% of which is purchased by America.
If the "war" on drugs was legitimate one possible scenario to greatly reduce drug or in this case heroin use in the U.S. would be to offer the poppy farmers 5% more than the current buyers pay. Essentially buy out all of the supply then destroy what is not needed for and I hate myself for saying this "legitimate" pharmaceutical drugs.

This may seem like an expensive endeavor but it would be far cheaper than continuing to "fight" against heroin use and house convicted users and dealers.

However that will never happen as too many people that are high up on the political/financial food chain make too much money off of the drug trade. Anybody that does not think that the "war" on drugs as well as many other wars throughout history are shams needs to reevaluate their thoughts.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

I sure hope it does not have to do with this: Flesh-Eating Street Drug from Russia Hits the US Sept 27 2013:

Krokodil, Russian for “crocodile,” is a street drug used as a cheap substitute for heroin. The drug is referred to as “krokodil” because it causes sores, tissue damage and rough, scale-like appearance on the skin.
Two cases involving the drug that surfaced at the Banner Good Samaritan Medical Center in Phoenix are alarming anti-drug advocates and medical personnel who fear use of krokodil might spread.

Source: abcnews.go.com...

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Oh, come on! There was never a war on terror, that was all smoke and mirrors. If we were really basing our military decisions on a war on terror, we would not be supporting The Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt or Al Quada in Syria, it is that simple.

Afghanistan actually has the largest mineral deposits in the world, and opium for trade, and it is also a good strategic location, as you mentioned. Awesome video, thank you!

There is quality evidence right there.
edit on 28-9-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   

wulff

1104light
Further Attention America
Good luck finding pain killers when you eradicated all opium producing plants. Many cancer patients will thank you!

What are you, retarded? We use opiates for pain medication the same as the rest of the world. Plus, our pharmaceutical industry is working of safer, synthetic opiate-like drugs for pain control. Do you understand the difference between legal drugs sold through a doctor compared to tons of the stuff that ends up in opium dens and on the streets?
Maybe we wouldn't have to police countries like yours if you had the common sense to keep drugs out of criminals hands!
Sorry, I'm proud to be an American and it doesn't hurt my feelings when someone thinks we use our superior firepower (although in this video it's not armed Americans overseeing these people) to bring criminal activities under control to those who can't or won't!

Hear hear brother. Like we need them to medicate. Synthetics are cheaper and way better. Now will the companies let us buy em cheap uh probably not lol. No we don’t need their opium. Talk about old news, man we are talking about sci-fi type drugs now, you would be amazed at what they can do and are working on. Gonna be interesting future. Can you say nano nano.

The Bot

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by warriorscholar81

Your % are way, way, way off. I don't even know how you got them so wrong. Mind sourcing your data?

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by raymundoko

"Opium production in Afghanistan, which provides more than 90 percent of the world's heroin, broke all records in 2006,"

The numbers I previously provided were what was told to us when I served in military and was deployed in the stan. The following quote is from the Washington Post, I don't know how to link stuff yet but here is the url if you care to check it yourself.

www.washingtonpost.com...

90% of global heroin output, so a little off there and I didn't see what % the U.S. buys but I reasonably certain it would be the majority % being as us Americans love our drugs and have the money to pay for them. So I don't think my numbers are way way way way way way off as you implied.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join