It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Are These People And What Are They Doing?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   

signalfire
Whether it's raw opium, olives, marijuana or tomatoes, it wouldn't be so expensive or need to be guarded or fought over, nor people put in jail for growing, selling or 'using' it, if it weren't illegal.

It's the declaration of illegality that causes all the trouble. That, and idiot governments who think they alone are entitled to decide what kind of chemical others get to put in their body.

Just think if the Mormons took over, and said nobody could have coffee or tea... because y'know, it changes your mentation and we can't have that!

When in human history did certain plants start getting labeled as bad? Or worse yet, labeled as bad when they might actually be good?

If I ever get a time machine, I'm going back and getting my hands on some Egyptian Lotus Blossoms. There's a reason they revered that thing... and perhaps the same reason they were so spiritually advanced.

I thought they were referring to the blue lotus? I've tried that before, you can order it online.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   
HELOOOOO!!!!

I know it is hard for Americans to understand but I will try again.

just because you outlaw a PLANT in your country, does not mean the rest of the world is not allowed to grow it.

WHAT ARE YOU ALL MISSING??????

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   

1104light

Real politicians that act according to what "we the people" really want.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   
There's money to be made there, you don't actually believe they destroy all the fields, hell no, the CIA nip in, take the biggest cut and made a fortune.

Its the war against terror, not against making a fast buck at people expense and health.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

That doesn't look like a U.S. uniform. Not any type with which I am familiar, in any case. Definitely not Army, which is what would mostly be there. i KNOW what those look like. See one daily.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 03:17 AM
link   

This is a fact. It's much easier to control the drugs in there area and more profitable as well depending on who you are within the rank and file versus combating it. It is burned when it is not possible to have monitoring presence in the area and pay the farmers for it after the fact to keep them calm. Where the areas are viable for control they appear like they are securing the areas but it's about presence for prevention and observation of the crops. Control is the key word and objective.

The Norther Alliance who assisted the CIA and eventually US Armed Forces early in the invasion in 2001 were comprised of territorial war lords who controlled and taxed the farmers and land prior to the Taliban taking control. It was in there best interests to over throw the Taliban to regain control of there crops and the monetary gains that the Taliban took from them would be regained. The US Military and CIA have handed out Millions to these War Lords so they could establish the Northern Alliance with plenty of fighters and lots of domestic human intelligence.

Many people do not know that the CIA launched the invasion and major offensive early on, organized the Northern Alliance and eventually US Special Forces joined along and then major US Armed Forces participated. It is the first time in US history that we engaged in a Preemptive invasion of another Nation let alone sent the CIA in as the first boots engaging in combat on the ground. In the days, weeks and months that followed. The CIA, The Northern Alliance and US Special Forces chased the enemy into Mountains and cave networks.

Where the CIA goes. Profitability must follow to fund operations in that area. Control of any and all major resources that affect the economy, import, export, oil, energy etc are vital. Not to mention that laws in Afghanistan are not like in the US with regard to drugs. Laws and culture in general are like day and night there. Very different.
edit on 9-20-2013 by Flint2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 03:57 AM
link   

1104light
HELOOOOO!!!!

just because you outlaw a PLANT in your country, does not mean the rest of the world is not allowed to grow it.

poppy is a plant that is allowed everywhere, but opium poppy is not! There is a huge difference.
For example opium poppy is forbidden in Germany and many many other countries.

And I thought it is common knowledge, that Afghanistan is one of the biggest opium exporting countries since the war...

Btw. you can even read on wikipedia about it en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 20-9-2013 by aLLeKs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Here's your answer

In the late 90s the Taliban started to kill any farmers who where caught growing poppies and bush. After this happened, America lost a large source of it's income. Hence False flag 9/11 giving America a perfect excuse to invade Afghanistan. Now that the Taliban are busy fighting the soldiers, the farmers can go back to growing, giving them income to support their family.

It's a know fact now that over 90% of the worlds heroin comes from the afghan fields.

I experienced this all first hand when I deployed to Afghanistan in 09 as an Infantry soldier with the Australian Army.

Some of our ROE included the non destruction of these fields, and or any drugs we came across. We found numerous cache's of weapons IED parts and drugs. The weapons, and IED components would be removed, and the drugs left untouched.

I can also say that surprise surprise most of our patrols where in areas where these fields where grown.

They are massive 5-6 football fields long, and wide. The sight of them blew us away.

IRAQ for oil
Afghanistan for drugs.

Wake up world

Namaste

~sacri~

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   

It's U.S. soldiers guarding poppy fields. Um, didn't you already know that the CIA is one of the biggest - if not the biggest - drug runners in the world? Google it. It's how they pay for - among other things - their black ops.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Ive seen this vid before, early 2000's. Fact: The Taliban had damn near erradicated the opium industry in Afghanistan. Then we invade to save them from themselves, and low and behold the opium industry is back on track devastating lives worldwide. The farmers are doing what they have done for decades & decades earning a living. Not to point out the obvious but where do people think all the opium comes from for the 100's of opium based painkillers that so many people are eating and ruining their lives and the lives around them?

For all we know, the military is there to see to it they do their work? Military is there to see to it that BIG PHARMA gets their share. It's the starting point ( that field of Poppy) of the destruction of lives and to keep fat a--ed CEO's in new vacation homes. America home of the doped up and duped. How many terrorist's in video? Zero unless you count the supposed legal terrosist we call ( troops). And folks thought we are in Afghanistan to save Afghans....I would laugh if it did;nt want to make me cry at all the lives it ruins in a multitude of ways.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Knowing folks that served in Afghanistan and have visited the local farmers Poppy Fields just like this soldier, I have to wonder at the confusion?

As it was recounted to me by American soldiers in Afghanistan ...They were told to win hearts and minds of locals...which they worked hard to do..And then Spec/Ops - Black ops - CIA guys would show up and burn the farmers crops (Poppy Fields)...It was very frustrating to the soldiers responsible for winning over the locals.

I don't care if this soldier is just visiting the Poppy Farmer...so what? It's also possible American Operatives showed up in the middle of the night and torched this farmers livelihood..It happened a lot..and left guys like this soldier behind to try and explain why it was in the farmers best interest to destroy his harvest....Yah...USA!

Nothing mysterious here..

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   

openyourmind1262
Ive seen this vid before, early 2000's. Fact: The Taliban had damn near erradicated the opium industry in Afghanistan. Then we invade to save them from themselves, and low and behold the opium industry is back on track devastating lives worldwide.

What??? AQ and the Taliban collected ungodly taxes from farmers and profited and financed their efforts through the Poppy trade. It's why the US Ops in Afghanistan torched so many fields, to try and defund the Taliban/AQ.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I can see why there is vested interest in these crops.

Afghanistan grows opium, Opium is used by pharmaceutical companies, and pharmaceuticals is big business, especially in the U.S.

It's funny how these crops remain intact while the Taliban continues to wreak havoc, It makes you wonder.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   

aLLeKs

1104light
HELOOOOO!!!!

poppy is a plant that is allowed everywhere, but opium poppy is not! There is a huge difference.
For example opium poppy is forbidden in Germany and many many other countries.

No kidding?

And I thought it is common knowledge, that Afghanistan is one of the biggest opium exporting countries since the war...

Because German and American laws do not apply there.

Btw. you can even read on wikipedia about it en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 20-9-2013 by aLLeKs because: (no reason given)

Is the Opium poppy illegal in Afghanistan?
edit on 20-9-2013 by 1104light because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-9-2013 by 1104light because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Love that this video came to light, I just wish that it would gain a bigger audience then ATS and other websites that promote awareness.

Been saying this since day one, the poor sheeple believe anything they hear. We went into Afghanistan because of the Taliban and OBL, mmmmm hmmm. Nonsense at the utmost degree.

We went in there to take stronger control over the poppy fields. Why one may ask? Let's see

1) TPTB make $$$ of taxing the cartels who push their drugs into the US
2) TPTB make $$$ of putting drug users in prison.
3) TPTB make $$$ when pharmaceutical companies treat addicts with prescription drugs, as well as drugs to treat ailments caused by drug use.
4) Bottom line, TPTB ALWAYS MAKES THE $$$$$$$$!!!!!!

Wake THE F#CK UP AMERICA!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

You keep right on thinking that. Just what Gove and MSM want you tp think. The farmers were willing to grow saffron which by the ounce is more profitable than opium. But No, the USA comes along and rebuilds the opiuim industry. As the CIA can't make any money off of folks getting addicted to saffron. Keep thinking we are in Afghanistan to do good works, because if you do the propaganda is working as it should with you. The USA has no more destroyed the opium crops in Afghanistan, than the Taliban did, they simply wrestled control of it back to Big Pharma and The CIA. They country is not ours, The taliban has never came here and did a damn thing. What they do within THEIR own country is their own damn business. All the Afghans want is for USA and everybody else to leave them the hell alone. As we should. Do we as a nation let others nations occupy us and dictate our policy? NO, so why should the Afghans or the Iraqi's or the Libyans. or the Syrians or the Iranians, or any other country that's on this little blue ball of hate let America dictate what they do or don't do. This is why these people hate America as much as they do. It;s not that their jealous of us it's because we are the self appointed worlds police. Which is pretty damn hypocritical of the USA dont you think. How many folks have to die before we USA say's that's enough punishment for the false flag of 911. Answer.All that dont agree or come around to our way of thinking. So times the USA shames me for being an American. Why? Our policy has the rest of the world hating us.
edit on 20-9-2013 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-9-2013 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   

It's money for CIA black bag black ops, unaccountable to any governing authority, raising 100's of millions if not billions of $'s annually.

They destroy a little bit here and there just for appearance but otherwise hire the farmers themselves and then eventually it (the end product) ends up on the street in the major US urban centers and around the world. It's the devil's drug and they are the devil.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Of course we (the US) are guarding the poppie fields ..... remember when Ollie North sold guns and sent drugs back to the us to help fund the operation?

these people are using this drug to destabilize Russia and other countries ... the US should be hauled into the world court for this .......

and no bankers ever go to jail laundering the money ......

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
ATTENTION AMERICA!!!!!

You are not the world police.
Just because you ban a plant in your country does not mean you get to destroy it in another.

Why is this so complicated for so many of you?

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Further Attention America
Good luck finding pain killers when you eradicated all opium producing plants. Many cancer patients will thank you!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join