It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Licensed to Kill - 'Officer Involved Shootings' is the New Euphemism for Police State Gun Violence

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Erongaricuaro

I have been negatively affected by said substance and personally don't like it. However, it doesn't change the fact that I think it should be legal.

I agree with no more for profit prisions, or checkpoints, or BS tickets. I also agree that someone convicted of a crime shouldn't have their gun rights terminated. That only affects good people that made changes in their lives. If a felon wants to use a gun to hurt someone, they will get a gun and hurt someone. Regardless of them not having the right to own one.

There are a lot more like me out there. However, we are leaving the job due to the reasons I stated before.
edit on 19-9-2013 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by HanzHenry

I've been working as an officer for ten years. Can't wait to change careers though.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by greencmp

So you think law enforcement should be eliminated? If so, I do not agree with that.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by OrphanApology

So you want to see privatized law enforcement and prisons?

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Garitty doesn't protect a cop from getting fired or arrested if he does something illegal. I can post many instances of officers getting fired and arrested for doing something illegal. Please don't spread that misinformation. Police have enough spread about them.

It basically is granting us the right to exercise or 5th ammendment right without being terminated for it.

So if you are accused of something that you didn't do and choose to exercise your 5th, you can't be terminated.

www.garrityrights.org...

edit on 19-9-2013 by TorqueyThePig because: changed text

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   

TorqueyThePig

I've been working as an officer for ten years. Can't wait to change careers though.

And we will be delighted to have you back in the community!

Yes, I believe that we should eliminate most ill-awarded official power and officials, that includes officers.

It sounds like you want to get out of it as well. From your comments, you are supporting my assertion that any proactively positive law enforcement officers will be ridiculed, punished and ostracized for their efforts.

If the only possible defenders of the true function of police are driven out (or worse), I see no other solution.

You may be interested in this book which explores much of this subject:
The NYPD Tapes: A Shocking Story of Cops, Cover-ups, and Courage"

As I have said and I am saying, most police are at best redundant and at worst murderers.

Not all but, most must be removed. It is just the beginning, it is nothing personal, it just has to start somewhere (meter maids are first actually but, that is a simpler argument). I would personally like to see you be among those who retain their responsibilities having demonstrated an understanding of what it means to be a public servant, to protect and to serve.

Can we count on you to uphold the will and best interests of the American people?

If so, will you help to organize and implement the local legislation that will be required to achieve this?
edit on 19-9-2013 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   

TorqueyThePig

I am against most law enforcement (privatized law enforcement would be an oxymoron) and all false imprisonment.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   

greencmp

TorqueyThePig

And we will be delighted to have you back in the community!

Yes, I believe that we should eliminate most ill-awarded official power and officials, that includes officers.

It sounds like you want to get out of it as well. From your comments, you are supporting my assertion that any proactively positive law enforcement officers will be ridiculed, punished and ostracized for their efforts.

If the only possible defenders of the true function of police are driven out (or worse), I see no other solution.

You may be interested in this book which explores much of this subject:
The NYPD Tapes: A Shocking Story of Cops, Cover-ups, and Courage"

As I said and I am saying, most police are at best redundant and at worst murderers.

Not all, but most must be removed. It is just the beginning, it is nothing personal, it just has to start somewhere (meter maids are first actually but, that is a simpler argument). I would personally like to see you be among the ones who retain their responsibilities having demonstrated an understanding of what it means to be public servant, to protect and serve.

Can we count on you to uphold the will of the American people?

I never left the community.I help my community everday. I was born and raised where I work and will always have a soft spot in my heart for it and the people.

In my opinion "good" police are not being driven out by bad police. "Good" police are being driven out by lack of pay and slashed benefits. "Good" police are decreasing because police with little to no experience are training new officers that have poor judgement. "Good" police are being driven out by the emotional abuse they take from the blankent cop bashers that can't judge the individual.

I have always upheld the will of the people, but I am approaching the end of my law enforcement career. I have sacrificed too much of my emotional and physical self and I am only 30 years old.

I never took this job for praise or recognition. But I sure and hell didn't take it to be called a criminal, a fascist, a red coat, a tyrant, or corrupt.

I will transition to the private sector into a safer career where I will make more money for my family and friends. A career where I personally won't be unfairly demonized.

However, I will always fight the good fight.
edit on 19-9-2013 by TorqueyThePig because: don't even know my own age...

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by TorqueyThePig

I never left the community.I help my community everday. I was born and raised where I work and will always have a soft spot in my heart for it and the people.

In my opinion "good" police are not being driven out by bad police. "Good" police are being driven out by lack of pay and slashed benefits. "Good" police are decreasing because police with little to no experience are training new officers that have poor judgement. "Good" police are being driven out by the emotional abuse they take from the blankent cop bashers that can't judge the individual.

I have always upheld the will of the people, but I am approaching the end of my law enforcement career. I have sacrificed too much of my emotional and physical self and I am only 29 years old.

I never took this job for praise or recognition. But I sure and hell didn't take it to be called a criminal, a fascist, a red coat, a tyrant, or corrupt.

I will transition to the private sector into a safer career where I will make more money for my family and friends. A career where I personally won't be unfairly demonized.

However, I will always fight the good fight.

I think it is enough to recognize that 'good' police are being driven out.

According to the laws of this country, knowledge of a crime without taking some action to counter it is tantamount to complicity.

I respect and appreciate your loyalty but, in this case, I ask you to consider whether it is misplaced.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   

I don't have any knowledge of any crimes committed in my jurisdiction.

There was one case as stated before where one of our officers was sleeping with prostitutes on duty. Days after discovering the evidence we arrested the officer and fired him. No one covered up or excused his actions. We did our jobs. Just to add. We did this before the media even found out. They didn't know about it until we did our own press release.

I am not leaving the job because I don't want to turn in corrupt co workers. I don't know of any. I am leaving for the other reasons stated before.

Perhaps I misunderstood your last comment?

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   

TorqueyThePig

I don't have any knowledge of any crimes committed in my jurisdiction.

There was one case as stated before where one of our officers was sleeping with prostitutes on duty. Days after discovering the evidence we arrested the officer and fired him. No one covered up or excused his actions. We did our jobs. Just to add. We did this before the media even found out. They didn't know about it until we did our own press release.

I am not leaving the job because I don't want to turn in corrupt co workers. I don't know of any. I am leaving for the other reasons stated before.

Perhaps I misunderstood your last comment?

I am impressed (if a little surprised) to hear that your department has handled corruption so swiftly and effectively.

The question remains, will you help to bring that same level of honorable distinction to other departments in your state?

Would you be willing to volunteer to consult with local citizens in areas of pervasive corruption where these measures will be necessary?

We need expert advice and assistance as well as bona fide leadership and guidance to bring about the resurrection of our once proud profession.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   

I would absolutely help.

Just like on ATS. I try to comment on videos and give my opinion as an active LEO. All to often I am criticized and called multiple names. Especially when I give an explanation as to why an officer did something or why they may have been in the right and were not breaking the law. I am then called a shill, or biased, or accused of protecting "the thin blue line."

It gets old, so I have pretty much stopped commenting. I don't like waisting my time.

I help and educate people in person a lot more. I currently work in a high school as a School Resource Officer and educate the students about their rights all the time. Believe it or not! I discuss what officers can and can't do. I inform them of when they don't have to talk to the police or provide them an ID. I inform them of their 4th ammendment and 5th ammendment rights all the time. I am a big constitutionalist and I use that to help me teach the students.

We also speak about current events involving LEO's. I am not afraid and do tell them when I think an officer acted in the wrong and should be held accountable.

I do my part every day I put on my uniform and in return I get accused of being corrupt. Accused of being a red coat or a jackboot. I get flicked off everywhere I go. Called fascist. Called a lazy donut eater. Spit on. Treated basically like crap on the bottom of someones shoe and am over it. Luck no further then ATS to confirm my claims.

Like I said I will always help in some capacity. But I no longer want to pin a badge on my chest and the fact that I don't depresses me.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   

TorqueyThePig

I would absolutely help.

Just like on ATS. I try to comment on videos and give my opinion as an active LEO. All to often I am criticized and called multiple names. Especially when I give an explanation as to why an officer did something or why they may have been in the right and were not breaking the law. I am then called a shill, or biased, or accused of protecting "the thin blue line."

It gets old, so I have pretty much stopped commenting. I don't like waisting my time.

I help and educate people in person a lot more. I currently work in a high school as a School Resource Officer and educate the students about their rights all the time. Believe it or not! I discuss what officers can and can't do. I inform them of when they don't have to talk to the police or provide them an ID. I inform them of their 4th ammendment and 5th ammendment rights all the time. I am a big constitutionalist and I use that to help me teach the students.

We also speak about current events involving LEO's. I am not afraid and do tell them when I think an officer acted in the wrong and should be held accountable.

I do my part every day I put on my uniform and in return I get accused of being corrupt. Accused of being a red coat or a jackboot. I get flicked off everywhere I go. Called fascist. Called a lazy donut eater. Spit on. Treated basically like crap on the bottom of someones shoe and am over it. Luck no further then ATS to confirm my claims.

Like I said I will always help in some capacity. But I no longer want to pin a badge on my chest and the fact that I don't depresses me.

I can imagine (and sympathize with) how difficult it is to defend what you know to be right in the face of vitriol and ignorant or fallacious rhetoric. I thank you for participating here on this thread as it must, at first glance, appear to be very similar.

I am not above hyperbole but, if you carefully inspect my arguments, I do not believe I have used any, yet.

I would warn you, as a matter of course, that working against the apparent best interests of your professional colleagues will likely be dangerous. No less dangerous, in fact, than any gang member who turns 'state's evidence' on their compatriots.

It is clear that you are personally offended by the allegations made against police because you feel that they are directed at you. Please understand that they are not. If you can rise above the instinct to react as if they are, you will be an invaluable resource and irreplaceable contributor to the cause of freedom and liberty for the american people.

The goal of reducing official power and officials across the country has a new knight and his name is 'TorqueyThePig'.

OK, we are going to have to work on that name!

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   

If the time comes, rifle in hand, I will stand next to you and all other patriots believe me.

I know you did not direct anything at me.

I have been told to change my screen name a few times lol.

It actually doesn't have anything to do with me being an officer. It was a name used long before I wore a badge. I race cars hence "Torquey". I am a big fan of and do a mean impression of Porkey the Pig. The rest is history.

Thanks for a great, mature discussion.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   

TorqueyThePig

If the time comes, rifle in hand, I will stand next to you and all other patriots believe me.

I know you did not direct anything at me.

I have been told to change my screen name a few times lol.

It actually doesn't have anything to do with me being an officer. It was a name used long before I wore a badge. I race cars hence "Torquey". I am a big fan of and do a mean impression of Porkey the Pig. The rest is history.

Thanks for a great, mature discussion.

Cool, a nickname of relevance then

Please do put your rifle away though, that is not what is needed or useful.

When our founders gave us the ability to remove our corrupt officials they had no intention of requiring violence. Our ability to defend ourselves is merely a deterrent to a viable police state. This will not be revolution, simply justice through the rule of law.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
One might want to consider that this is happening because someone wants this to happen.

One might want to consider since the DHS took over all LEO operations in the US, as well as the Military, the LEO looks a lot like the military in a war zone - someone wants it this way.

One might want to consider that the LEO have been trained that the people they serve are, in fact, the enemy - someone wants it this way.

One might want to consider that LEO's are not the best and the brightest, by design - someone wants it this way.

One might want to consider, the LEO's actual job is to collect taxes, they are in no way obliged to assist a single person with anything at all - someone wants it this way.

One might want to consider someone designed this system on purpose.

One needs to consider that if a LEO feels his life is in danger, he is authorized, by policy, not law, but company policy, to do what he needs to do. If a regular person feels his life is in danger, he is not authorized to do what he needs to do. The LEO never thinks about killing someone, as his actions, at worst, will mean a few days off. A regular person must think, as their actions can result in death by a LEO or life in prison. It is that choice that makes the difference in one's actions.

Finally. A gun is a toy, and those who have them want to use them. You do not obtain guns, tanks, grenades, body armor, water cannons and the rest in order to let them rot - you want to use them! The policeman's belt is a tool belt of control, and who wouldn't want to use all that cool stuff?

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

TorqueyThePig

We already have privatized law enforcement and prisons. By privatized I mean the people who benefit from the laws and the incarcerations are not the communities they supposedly "serve and protect".

What I want is competing prisons where the subjects (tax paying peons) choose whom they pay for police/security services.

That's never going to happen because the reality is that police/military are not there for the safety of communities but there for the safety of the rulers and their interests.

I have known far more people go to jail for non-violent crimes against the establishment (smoking jane, not paying taxes, forgetting to pay off parking tickets) than I have known anyone who is a legitimate danger to communities. It will always be that way.

edit on 19-9-2013 by OrphanApology because: edit

edit on 19-9-2013 by OrphanApology because: b

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   

OrphanApology

TorqueyThePig

We already have privatized law enforcement and prisons. By privatized I mean the people who benefit from the laws and the incarcerations are not the communities they supposedly "serve and protect".

What I want is competing prisons where the subjects (tax paying peons) choose whom they pay for police/security services.

That's never going to happen because the reality is that police/military are not there for the safety of communities but there for the safety of the rulers and their interests.

I have known far more people go to jail for non-violent crimes against the establishment (smoking jane, not paying taxes, forgetting to pay off parking tickets) than I have known anyone who is a legitimate danger to communities. It will always be that way.

edit on 19-9-2013 by OrphanApology because: edit

edit on 19-9-2013 by OrphanApology because: b

I am against false imprisonment of any kind which includes any and all private institutional incarceration.

If there are unjust laws (rhetorical question, we know most are), we must rescind them.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   

I agree but just keep in mind, laws are not made for lawmakers.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   

OrphanApology

I agree but just keep in mind, laws are not made for lawmakers.

Perhaps the only new laws that should be made will be for lawmakers. The rest of the legislative activity should be to rescind extraneous, redundant, harmful or unjust laws.

Once that is done, perhaps a new law to make making laws much much harder.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join