It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I kinda decided to give up on life today....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I pretty much decided to completely give up on any career ambitions or starting any new businesses or websites. I'm so DONE!!! What's strange is my gutt was kinda telling me to give that up for a while. But I was just kinda going against it. So today I found out a few things about my situation. (has mostly everything to do with both the g=v and the tax man lets just say) And that's a long story, which I'm not gonna bother going into. But I just decided not to bother with anything anymore. Maybe take another serious look at things in maybe 5 years or so.

But I think I honestly have to just give up on my goals and dreams. And or the only alternative is if life (or God) gives me something and specifically wants me to do something. Otherwise I'm pretty much done. There's just no point. I'm just gonna try and live frugally, and try and find some hobbies and sports to do. Anything to do with my career is pretty much over for now. I just have to try and get use to that. just feels weird though because I feel like Im not sure what's gonna motivate me anymore in life. Just feels like my life is partly over.

But I'll just stay where I am for as long as I can. Then eventually if I run out of money I'll just go on welfare. And if I can't live here anymore I'll either just buy a van and live in that or I'll ask a friend if I can stay at their place, in their basement or something. I know about 4 people that would let me most likely for dirt cheap. I think at this point what I got to do, and I honestly think that lifes just telling me that I have to let go of everything. And then at some point maybe something else will come my way, if and when I'm ready for it. But to go looking, to go striving for things, and all that, that's like a past phase of my life. And I have to let that go and not try and repeat that BS. Ya whatever happens happens at this point. I'm completely purged of my ambition, and I deleted my websites and got rid of everything. I'm so done. I'm not gonna do anything unless it seems ordained by God.

Not sure if anyone else has been threw this. But if you have let me know if you have any advice??? thanks

edit on 17-9-2013 by spartacus699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
It sounds like you are tired and fed-up. It won't hurt to take a break, regroup, and reenergize. Things might look differently in a few weeks, or some inspiration will strike you. Out of the blue something will "come to you", so kick back and let it happen.

Do ... watch out for that bugaboo 'depression' though. Don't want to fall into that trap. While you are 'refueling', might do some good to go on a health kick. Eating right, exercising, reading some worthwhile books.
edit on 9/17/2013 by BellaSabre because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

Everything the bible tells you to do is ordained by God already so you don't have to wait for some magical anointing. The powers that be on Earth want you to feel this way. Giving up all your worries and putting them at Jesus' feet is good. Go help others, it's rewarding and you'll feel really good doing it. You may even get addicted to it.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
When you're born you've got an open slate and an unknowable time frame. Next comes the conditioning and from that comes your ambitions and goals. Sometimes it takes quiet, solitude and time to wrestle that conditioning into a statement from the heart regarding your personal goals and destiny. If you have a burning ambition you need a plan which can take years to formulate. Being "So Done" is fine, as is laying back to get your ducks in a row but I'd advise taking a different route than welfare, washing dishes is better for the soul.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Why give up? In fact, what does giving up really mean? Consider education. Consider learning something you have never known about before. Why not try...who knows? Learn how to track animals in the wilderness, memorise all the names in a phonebook, become conversant with ancient history or just simple things, like learn how to make a killer boeuf bourgignon. Run through the park each day and record how the landscape changes, or just treat yourself to something different everyday; a glass f fresh water from a stream, running alongside a stray dog, see where you end up. Big place, the world. Does your life need to be a success in the eyes of others in order for it to be a success? There are so many, SO MANY things you can do to be a success, but only if YOU value what you have done to achieve that. Very often, successful, or at least happy people, come across their muse when they have given up any hope of finding her. I hope this is your case.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Oh brother....can I relate to what you are going through....what I'm still sort of going through to this day.

I wish I could offer advice but...sadly, I cannot. I'm still trying to figure this whole thing out for myself.

What I can offer though, is just a sounding board to try and help you figure your own path...that's about it.

Feel free to send me a message anytime you feel the need.

Best of luck to you and, may you be blessed with answers you need.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Been there about 5 or 6 times now, mate... and currently I'm on a new path. My old life is something I've had to cut completely off from anything ahead of me, such that it's impacted things like getting work or doing things that require a history... like getting a security license - I needed 2 character references from people I've known for at least 5 years. Well, as I've cut my life in half, there is no one. So that ruined that.

Now I've had to rely on past things only as a means to say I'm not a bad person. Luckily I'm not. So that paid off. (I might be an arsehole, but that's life ha! I'm no calculating monster however.)

Took me a decade. Took me a long time to realise I'm never going to be what THEY wanted me to be. I'm done with I.T. work, done with being something for others.

I had decided, at one point, homelessness was inevitable (again) and that eventually it would be the end of the line. Got all my kit. A bob. A tent. no plans, no care. No responsibility.

Strangely, I'm now seeking a new life helping others who were in my old positions but who may not have had the same experiences I have, that have enabled me to see a clearer path.

I am not there yet. I have no advice. I can't offer anything other than look at what you have in front of you, and take care of it. Don't look down the track. Don't look to tomorrow. Don't make that story up as it's always going to be a story. Look at right now. That is happening and you can change it. Doesn't mean it will make it better. And sometimes it will get worse. But you have that control.

Welfare... those who say don't use it or not rely on it.. why.. it's there to help you. If yo uneed help, take it. Don't let it be anything but that. God, we're not asked to be born on this planet, and we are the only species that has to pay to exist. Or somehow, we're expected to just die alone in a corner.

Society can eff off if that's how it thinks, but I know it doesn't. not at the grass roots level. People in well off positions can cry and wail "My taxes my taxes, you don't deserve them!" and well, they should look at the world as it is.. not their own little random peice of it.

We have vast amounts of land that are closed off because it's owned by a government or a company. VAST OPEN SPACES. illegal to encroach on. Why? greed.

Society says you live by our rules, or you don't live at all. Feeding homeless people is illegal. What sort of society is that.

I say, take what is on offer, screw those who cry about it, and deal with your situation as best you can. It's getting ridiculous. We used to live in communities that looked after each other. Now we're alone.

I say this out of old spite, but new things are changing my mind, slowly. I see good in so many people, that it has to be the vocal minority who jump up and down and rant. Sod them, I say.

Ignorance or apathy. You have to fight it in order to survive. And not let it force you into submission.

so I can't offer you any advice. I've been where you are. It's a journey we have to go alone, but certainly don't dismiss someone elses good advice if you find it. Part of our journey is finding that special help in whatever form it comes. Sometimes, it comes from the most unexpected of places.

Just remember, as long as you are taking positive steps to whatever you value in your life and not simply playing a role because you feel obligated to, and as long as you are focused on what you are doing RIGHT NOW and not in 10 months, 10 years of even last week, that failure is only going to happen if you give up that momentum. Failure is giving up trying and not when you don't succeed.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I am a person who does not quit. Ever. If i am prideful of anything, it is pride in my tenacity. So much so, that taking pride in being tenacious is sometimes the only thing that has kept me going. So my advice comes from that angle....

....adapt, evolve, overcome. Do that, and you will always have something to strive for.

I initially learned the base of my job skills in one company, over 10 years. I took on challenges, and learned how to run that type of business. When it closed, I had no alternative jobs I could take on without leaving my ailing mother behind without someone to take care of her. Besides, my wife will not move north, so my prospects were very limited. I took a job that paid the best I could find while I regrouped. Figured out how to rebrand myself. Then took over a business in a different industry as the GM.

Boom, just that quick, a whole new career field opened up before me. And it has continued to evolve since then even.

Adapt, evolve, overcome. That is the key to being tenacious. Quitting is for people that are beneath you. BUt that doesn't mean you don't revise your goals based on the environment. Find a way to make yourself successful.
Adapt, evolve....you get the point.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   

First of all, don't give up on life!

You need a break, how do I know that? You decided to take a break.

I have done a lot in my life, a lot. I took a break too, it helped tremendously.

I am beginning to come back from my hiatus and I ask myself, am I reborn, reinvented, different even? No.

I just needed a break. It was nice.

Hope this helps!

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Being tossed around in the Military, I've learned to go with the punches. Sometimes you have to put ALL your trust into your faith (if you have one).

Don't live in past regrets or past failures.
Don't strive to be nothing, if you do - you will be nothing. What you think is what you become.
If your heart is telling you to do nothing now, then do nothing now. You are the one who walks your path and your heart leads the way.

Best of luck.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I feel the same, different circumstances.

Sometimes you have to hit zero or rock bottom in order to spring back to life. I felt so hopeless. Then one day my tears ran dry. Something just clicked in me I have to do something about this before I completely give up. Why not go down fighting?

Another way you might try looking at things, is life is an open book. Imagine you have a blank journal, you write down each day what happened. Well the next page is blank right? You are the one holding the pen and can write whatever you want in it. Thats what is meant by you can be whoever you want to be I guess.

You can even write a book of bs of how you desire your future to be and focus on that, really focus and it might come true. Dreams do come true if you can focus or imagine them coming to fruition.

Writing your thoughts down is a great way to work through problems or decisions. You might catch yourself being inspired by what you write.

Best of luck, things can get better, try to stay strong.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Dang OP, saw this thread and thought you were talking about suicide in your title, and was gonna stop in an offer a few consoling words.

Since that's not the case.....

You're just disillusioned. That's all. Times they are oppressive right now, frikken war mongering president, huge gubbermint debt, no decent jobs anymore, the 1% rolling in money but not a caring. Why should we do anything, when the gawd dang system sucks it all back up anyhoo? Where's the motivation in that?

I'd like to do the same thing. Roll up into the fetal position and suck on me little thumb. Nothing ain't worth it anymore.

On the brighter side, I went to the local library and picked up a few books to read. While the world goes to crap around us, you'll find me nose buried in a book reading. Yes, when life around you sucks, pick up a book and read.

It's a miracle cure.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
A new door will soon open for you.

Never quit....do what you love, it's the path to happiness.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   

I hear you. I gave up about three years ago.Quit my job, stopped paying my mortage and bills. The bank and co come looking for their money, so I just told them they could have the house back. They didn't like that to much, but what could they do., I just moved out and stopped replying to them. Think they sold it, I don't know, don't care. Do odd jobs for people when I need some cash and thats about it. I have nothing to worry about now and feel so at peace. Things seem to work out now, where as before the harder I tried the worse it got.
Anyway I know where you are at. My advice, just go with the flow.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Friend? This is the time to look ahead, not back. We all have been there, are there, or are going there. No fretting, no stress, no worries. Its all ahead. Take a deep breath, hold on. Its all good. So are you.
Feelings like this happen...and are part of the process.
Really.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I have been in that situation for the past three years trying to find a job.

But, the best thing that I've always told myself, and you should definitely tell yourself is this,

"Quit being such a p\_/ssy!"

Only those dead inside truly give up on life.

Most people say that they do and go post about it online.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Funny thing about human nature is how we got to this point in our evolution.

We adapted,changed our strategy and continued on.

Sounds like it is time for you to change your strategy for survival.

The game is not over till the fat lady sings,my friend.

Peace,
K

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Well I think for now there really isn't anything I can do. Just maybe try and press forward and just keep living, and just hope things turn around eventually. It's such a bizzare scenario. Just has me disillusioned. I do feel better having taken all my sites down though. They weren't making any money anyway so I didn't lose anything. I got this feeling as if I'm being told to just: clean clean clean up every area of my life. So that's what I'm doing. Just gonna clean up each area. Like one thing at a time. And then see what comes about after that.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Hit me up if you're ready to hit the road and crime spree our way down to South America. I've been feeling similar. I have a suck job and I'm 27. I've considered going out west setting up cam on a creek and roughin it and panning for gold. I'm tired of the grey life.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

I think I read something like someone saying: "when I look back my worst fears were the ones that never actually happened". So it's like we fear the worst, but then it likely doesn't happen anyway. But I think when I get older and all my legalities are behind me, ya, one day I might just disappear. I have too many people counting on me right now though. But if things changed in terms of friends and family and my legal stuff was behind me, then I'd most certainly just disappear. In the mean time I feel like I'm being guided, and mainly just not to make any big plans what soever. At least for maybe a year or so. But ya I think I can manage. I can honestly say though I get the idea of how people "snap". It's like life gives them too much pressure and then they just can't take it and they go do crazy things. Suicide is obviously one of them. Or they disappear, or they just go do something crazy. I've thought about all those things, but I feel like my problem isn't big enough to warrant such drastic measures. Truth is things could be way worse. Just hope things get better and soon.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join