It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Long time lurker saying hello.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
HelloATS!

I've been lurking this site for quite some time now. I was "red pilled" about six years ago now. It started with all the liberal bashing of the Bush era. I became interested as to why so many people were angry with the way the country was being run. I started researching all the 9/11 conspiracies and that lead me to the world of documentaries. I became more interested in current events and soon realized the news stations were mumbling garbage to everybody. I started seeing the buzz words being used to incite emotions in order to cut off peoples' rational minds. As I continued to wake up, I suffered through all the stages of grief and questioned everything I had once believed. I began to actively listen to everything including what I: learned in school, heard from the news(all forms but mostly alternative sources), and heard from friends and family.

The "new age" fad was quite interesting around the whole 2012 time, but It amounted to more rubble. I did however learn many interesting things about the occult and ancient civilizations. This active thinking has allowed me to re-affirm my Christian faith in a way I could not do as a child and teenager. I can see many flaws in the church, but that is just mankind for you. I feel as if all the hypocrisy criticized by the nay-Sayers amounts to nothing more than an incorrect following of Christ. In my opinion, there are many arguments against Christianity that in reality are just arguments against particular churches and church leaders.

My "awakening" has caused some major life improvements. First, I have embarked on the horrific journey of living a healthy lifestyle. In December of 2010 I weighed in at an astounding 410 pounds.At this point, I finally realized that I was fat and lazy and I hated myself for letting myself get to that point. I completely changed my lifestyle by first cutting out processed foods and sodas. I also stopped drinking beer five days a week, only drinking on the weekends. I planted a garden and started growing my own healthy food. I began exercising regularly by lifting weights and running barefoot. My body took several weeks to adapt to the process of running barefoot around a field and was accomplished through interval training.

Now that I have gotten control of my life, I have dropped 140 pounds and will graduate this December with a degree in Business Management. I hope to still have a long journey ahead, and hope that I can help others on their journey.

Hamdoguhoh

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Hi , and welcome to the Introductions Forum of the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

General ATS Discussion Etiquette.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

New Rules for Avatars and Mini-ProfileBackgrounds

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

ATS Video Tutorials

Signature Guidelines

Terms & Conditions

Take some time to look around and orient yourself.

~Tenth
ATS Moderator

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by hamdoguhoh

Welcome to the madness, you are among friends here. May your journey be as pleasant as the destination.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
hello,how are you? Its very nice to have you on board.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   

LightSpeedDriver

Welcome to the madness, you are among friends here. May your journey be as pleasant as the destination.

I am glad to be among friends! Thanks for the reply.

thedoctorswife
hello,how are you? Its very nice to have you on board.

I'm doing great, thanks for the welcome.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Hello hamdoguhoh, Welcome to ATS!

It sounds as though you've been on an amazing journey of self discovery, a journey that really never ends!

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Congratulation on your lifestyle change. Sounds like you are well on your way!

new topics

top topics

join