It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Known Mass Animal Die Offs drastically increased to nearly 3 per day; 595 die offs so far in 2013

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I just found something else while looking for unrelated information on another topic. I completely forgot how many trees are dying from this beetle that has been a problem for the past few years. Due to warmer winters the territory of these guys is spreading. The first article shows how it could affect wildlife (bears in this article). Less food.

I am not sure this will create a die off in wildlife but it supports warmer temperatures being associated with ecosystem disturbance.

I am not sure how winters are warmer (doesn't feel like it), but for sure there have been shorter periods of deep cold. I can't find anything to show this type of impact has happened in the past (history of correlating habitat/animal deaths with temp) but will keep eye out.

www.americanforests.org...

www.colorado.edu...

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Overheated rivers killing endangered crayfish

Unseasonal high temperatures, combined with compromised water quality and low levels after a dry spell sucked the oxygen out of a river in Longford and a Leitrim lake.

Two major fish kills and the wiping out of endangered crayfish in Ireland.

More than 2,000 fish – including brown trout, roach, pike, eel and white-clawed crayfish – were among the species found dead on a 6km stretch of the Camolin River, a Shannon tributary, downstream from Longford town.

Considerable numbers of perch were killed. Officials said that live fish in the waters were in distress.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join