It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Known Mass Animal Die Offs drastically increased to nearly 3 per day; 595 die offs so far in 2013

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
This fish die off in Florida is blamed on algae bloom but gases also cause death due to lack of oxygen. But, even the algae blooms in Florida are very high this year. They've had an extremely hot and wet summer. They were experiencing late summer temps and moisture in early spring and it just carried on all year. So, even though they've been light on tropical storms and hurricanes, they've had their share of rain. Much more than usual.

Joe Rodriguez has been living on the same canal off of Sandpiper Drive in Satellite Beach for 47 years and he says he's never seen anything like what he saw last night -- thousands of dead fish floating as far as he could see.

"To see all of those white bodies floating in the water and the wind blowing them to the west was scary, at best," said Rodriguez.

Fish die off in Satellite Beach, FL

edit on 19-9-2013 by Rezlooper because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Rezlooper

They seem to be dying one by one, within a specific region, but in high numbers.
At least one boar was witnessed and filmed while it was dying, and it was in convulsions.
Testing hasn't turned up any sorts of poisons so far.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I'm sure there are a lot of things that factor in, obviously pollution and waste would be the most logical reason. Yet people don't care. There's a saying that says "Don't S*** where you eat" but it looks like we humans are doing just that. We don't view the planet as our home. We just view it as a opportunity to make money, and take advantage of it. It's basically just our trash can at this point in time. Which is ridiculous since with all of our technology I'm sure it wouldn't be very hard to create clean renewable energy sources that are safe for the environment. Yet, who needs something renewable? More money can be made with resources that are finite. Simple supply and demand.

It's seems like it's just going to get worse until something huge happens.

Here's a video just for goofs

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   

DragonFire1024
I have been walking through the same forest for the past 3 years to and from work. Not a long time, but nonetheless, there are certain species of plants that have grown there that have become less and less...their numbers drastically less than I have ever seen. Our climate has not been the same in these areas the past few years. Aside from the inevitable fate that the climate will not forever remain the same, humans I notice also cause it. Regardless, I think we are looking at a scale of die offs that exceed even animals. To the reply that said a human die off, well if you count killing your own kind in mass genocide...
edit on 17-9-2013 by DragonFire1024 because: typo

Sometimes the species move up and down in latitude depending on the climate. So they may appear to be disappearing, but it's simply the prevailing wind direction carrying them somewhere else.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   

it is also important to mention that in the bible-it talks of mass animal deaths toward the end of time...

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Well Guys, Earth was nice while it lasted.....

I guess we all can look for to New Earth!?!

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   

What about the disappearance of the honey bees? Did the ufos collect all the bees in the USA? I think the North Magnetic Pole has shifted so much that the bees have lost their way. The North American Tectonic Plate has drifted farther South and continental drift has made the magnetic North Pole look like it shifted on its own. The bees flew out to sea and never came back. What do you think?

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Bluesma

They seem to be dying one by one, within a specific region, but in high numbers.
At least one boar was witnessed and filmed while it was dying, and it was in convulsions.
Testing hasn't turned up any sorts of poisons so far.

Sounds like it may be some sort of virus. Check out these articles about epizootic hemorrhagic disease in the upper Midwest states affecting cattle, deer

South Dakota cattle found with hemorrhagic disease

EHD suspected in deer deaths

Mystery surrounds death of entire elk herd

Hundreds of dead deer found in Montana baffling scientists

Deer disease found in North Dakota

Just some more of the drug-resistant bacteria and mutating virus cases exploding all over the globe

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
here's video of the recent starfish die off (don't know how to embed video). they suspect some sort of bacteria. they are falling apart. so strange!!

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   

pasiphae
here's video of the recent starfish die off (don't know how to embed video). they suspect some sort of bacteria. they are falling apart. so strange!!

www.youtube.com...

Nice video, thanks for sharing. Even sea creatures at the bottom are taking the hit. With all the methane hydrates below the sea floor thawing and releasing methane, there is going to be an explosion of bacteria that feeds on the methane, which, IMO, would cause an explosion of many forms of bacteria, as one bacteria explodes in growth, so goes another.

The ocean's temperatures are rising at an alarming rate;

World's oceans are getting warmer, faster

Deep oceans warming at an alarming rate

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   

i remember reading about your theory when you first posted it and i'm glad i'm being reminded because it makes a lot of sense.

things are quickly getting worse. the die offs are frightening but sadly it's going to take something more drastic before people "get it". for now it's still easy to ignore.... especially when the media doesn't want to cover it.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
No word yet on what caused the deer near Missoula Montana to drop dead in their tracks but fish wildlife and parks is saying there are more - it's just the official count last week was 103. Evidently this hemorrhagic disease killed up to 50% of deer in some areas of these northwestern states in 2011.

chronicleoutdoors.com...

"Symptoms can include bleeding or swelling of the head, neck, tongue, or eyes, and victims suffer from loss of appetite and extreme weakness. Cases tend to taper off after the first hard freeze" (reference below).
People reported seeing some of these deer go down; stating they appeared healthy.

"Last year, drought conditions led to hemorrhagic disease outbreaks in eastern Wyoming and a high rate of deer mortality in South Dakota and Nebraska, according to the department" (reference below).

trib.com...

For dead fish found dead a couple of days ago they believe it is due to too much rain too quick, washing bacteria into the water and thereby depleting oxygen.

translate.google.com... s-en-el-cano-calicanto-135462

A report from earlier in the summer shows how die offs of dolphins in just the Florida area doubled this year but I also looked at other articles on this and get different reasons. This article says it's pesticides killing native grasses, while another found it must be disease (due to lung abbesses) They didn't know in 2001 & 2008 and they don't know now IMO.

www.foxnews.com...

I know the source below may be biased but as far as just keeping track of animal deaths it seems reasonable to use it. I randomly picked a couple of these months so I could cross reference and it seems pretty accurate. Other than Sept so far it seems this natural occurance is increasing.

Event for Sept last 3 years
8 in Sept 2011
47 in Sept2012
38 as of 9/20/13 (maybe will start declining in 2013 - will watch).

Events for Aug last 3 years
8 aug 2011
55 aug 2012
103 aug 2013

Events for July last 3 years
11 July of 2011
73 July 2012
104 July 2013

5 June 2011
40 June 2012
88 June 2013

Got tired of counting - have headache so skipped to January events last 3 years
24 jan 2011
28 jan 2012
61 jan 2013

For 2013 information

www.end-times-prophecy.org...

I have thus far been unable to find a source for "average" animal die offs in any given month but my memory tells me 3 - 6 was the average per month. If anyone knows the norm for die offs I think it's important to get this figure right in order to know if we're above average on any given month.

This site told us it is common in 2011- but did not give an overall average.

www.usgs.gov...

When animal deaths increase it is important to look at because we will eventually be affected too. If it is disease, it doesn't matter if their diseases spread to us. What does matter is that something is causing disease to spread more readily or to become stronger across many species.

If it is methane and other toxins killing algae and other native food sources then this will also affect us. The chain of life keep things in check; fish aren't overridden by parasites if their internal balance is working - they haven't survived this long without some adaptation so what's up? Insects have carried diseases for centuries. We have had pollution, El Niño and La Niña's, electricity, fireworks, and planes for a long time.
It has not escaped me that while animal mortality has been affected human mortality rates are always improving as evidenced by the exponential population explosion that isn't in jeopardy.
However, we are not unlike other species on this planet minus our ability to use language and our manner of thought. If we don't put some of those unique gifts to work I sense this will not just go away. Instead of arguing over how much of it we cause we should be looking at what is within our control to change. I'm not an environmental activist. I just think it's an indication that something is wrong, and to not attend is to be complicit to the loss of not only entire ecosystems but eventually human life.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

lots of good/scary info there. when larger mammals like dolphins and deer start dying off in large numbers is even more cause for alarm. as much as this is increasing it seems pretty likely that something will happen to people in the next 10 years.

but there was this: www.cnn.com... so far only one death confirmed. where did it come from though???????? will there be more?

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
one could be forgiven believing that mother earth has finally had enough of our destructive as#....somewhat concerning this increase in animal die off's although i suspect if this continues to accelerate there might be very little we can do about it except of course reduce in population size...

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by pasiphae

If it is indeed disease killing these animals it is for sure a warning sign (whether the cause for that is methane and therefore warming or not). Not only would our food supply quickly dwindle, if this trend continues like it is, as our numbers increase but it also means it could (will) happen to humans.

Somehow resistance to infections is declining in animals and/or it is due to prolonged exposure due to climate changes (later freezing in some areas, extremes in moisture accumulation in other areas, etc). Habitats can easily spread (expand in territory) for insects as an example as the climate changes.
I don't understand it all but why are bats suddenly plagued with a fungal disease that may make them extinct? What about fungus is stronger than the bats natural ability to fight this off? Without bats we will see more insects.

Insect bites alone cause all sorts of disease. Dengue fever, Lyme disease, West Nile virus, bubonic plague, yellow fever, and more. This interesting kissing bug disease I have never heard of until today. Not sure what creature keeps these guys in check but I sure hope they don't begin moving north.

www.forbes.com...

I was told by a CDC employee a couple of years ago that they do track animal diseases to look for trends. I do not believe it is just to make sure they aren't contagious. It's because their trends can become our trends. They just don't have interventions as we do - so we naturally see it in them sooner. It is worth watching.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   

hopenotfeariswhatweneed

one could be forgiven believing that mother earth has finally had enough of our destructive as#....somewhat concerning this increase in animal die off's although i suspect if this continues to accelerate there might be very little we can do about it except of course reduce in population size...

I believe if we don't do whatever we can (may be small but at least try) we won't have a choice in a decline of humans too. I think it is how nature brings balance back. There is no way we can continue to live and grow in numbers while everything else continues to die.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

agreed ..i was thinking from a point of view of big business is running the show(at least for now) and i have stated elsewhere (togethor we stand or divided we fall)

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Yea in the article on the Florida dolphin deaths there have evidently been some laws put into place due to the increase in deaths - less pesticides dumped in waters, which kill their food source. But...so many loopholes they feel new rules means little. So what's the point? Where does human decency come in and greed end? Is money that powerful? It isn't for me. It isn't for many. Just those who already have too much for some reason. There must be a study about that somewhere.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

money the root of all evil??...as far as i can tell and i have worked for many rich people and they seem to be tighter the more they have...a little like a disease once they have it they try harder to hang on to it,it's like they have a fear of losing it makes them benign to what is going on around them...kinda reminds me of the captain of the titanic going down with his ship.......the people that rule the roost care not about future generations or the environmental damage being caused because of their self righteous agenda

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

Thanks for all the information and the insight. There is a lot to think about. One thing is that the diseases have already begun among humans as well. Just search through the disease and pandemic forum to see the numbers from this past year. Many known diseases have grown stronger or increased in numbers while at the same time many new bugs are being discovered. Sure, this has always been the case, but in the past year its been noticeable. Many things you'll read is about how bacteria are becoming resistant to our anti-biotics. This is scary as we'll be entering an age when people can die from simple cuts if not taken care of properly, because infection may set in and there's nothing we can do about it. Viruses are mutating as well. Viruses that we've known are mutating into things we've never seen before. So, sure, we see these die-offs with the animals either by bugs or by sudden death, but it's already begun with humans as well. Sudden deaths are happening in humans as well, just not in mass quantity yet. Unfortunately, it will happen sooner than we think and when that does happen, then folks will really start paying attention.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join