It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Known Mass Animal Die Offs drastically increased to nearly 3 per day; 595 die offs so far in 2013

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Earlier this year I posted some information about the mass animal die-offs that were occurring around the world from sea creatures to birds in flight. As of Feb. 21 of this year there were 1.71 known mass animal die-offs per day, or 89 die-offs in the first 52 days of 2013. That rate had increased from 2012 when there were a total of 464 die-offs at a rate of 1.27 per day. In 2011, 145 known mass animal die-offs for a rate of .4 per day. You can see the alarming increase over that two years.

Well, it has only gotten worse. Since that Feb. 21 date, there have been 506 known mass animal die-offs. That's 506 die offs in just 207 days bringing the rate over that period to 2.44 die-offs per day.

This should be truly alarming to everyone and a serious wake up call!!!

Mass Animal Die Offs in 2011

Mass Animla Die Offs in 2012

Mass Animal Die Offs in 2013

Many of these die offs can be attributed to disease, which is still alarming just the same, but most are unexplained and involve the deaths of many animals very quickly. Whether in the sea, in the air, or on the ground, I believe that many of these die offs are caused by methane and hydrogen sulfide plumes. I've written many threads on the why's of this theory which you can see in my profile or my signature below.

I want to share with you all a few of the die-offs over the past couple of weeks.

10 dead whales wash up on Russia northeast coast

Officials warn of another white tail deer die off in South Dakota

New Jersey residents warned of rabies in aggressive foxes

Fungus blamed for salamander die off

Officials investigate deaths of 3,000 antelopes in Kazakstan

Many of these deaths are due to disease outbreak. But, this also has to do with the methane gas in our atmosphere IMO. I'll post once again a quick summary of why I think this may be the cause.

First, you may be asking yourself how diseases and pandemics have anything to do with dangerous gases and atmospheric heating. It’s simple really. There are various types of microbes that eat methane. They live deep underground and they live 30,000 feet into the air. Basically, they are everywhere and they feed off methane hydrates.

The theory goes something like this. The more methane increases it becomes a feeding frenzy for the microbes. What happens when these microbes have more than enough to eat? They multiply. As methane release increases, there is naturally going to be a rapid increase in the microbes that feed.

Through the evolution of bacteria over millions of years you can expect that other species of bacteria can also experience growth. As one species of bacteria rapidly increases, others will follow. I propose in this theory that as the microbes continuously feed on the increased methane hydrates, other bacteria are following the lead, thus, literally thousands of species of bacteria and viruses are experiencing phenomenal growth all over the planet.

Here are more of the die offs

This one about the 100 elks in New Mexico remains a baffling mystery to officials. 100 elk found dead on a large ranch near Las Vegas, NM and they've ruled out just about everything from gunshots, poisonous plants and disease (because the deaths happened so quickly).

100 elk found deat at New Mexico ranch

The Celestial Convergence website also does a good job of posting these news stories of the die offs. Here are a few.

Terror grips Nepal as crows and pigeons fall from the sky

100's of dead fish in Malta

Tens of thousands of honeybees acting drunk and dying off in Minneapolis

Hundreds of thousands of bees die off in China

These die offs can not be blamed on better reporting, or more people and population to witness these events. That's ridiculous. Many skeptics also want to jump on the pollution bandwagon so quickly, but why only in the past two years are there so many die offs versus over the past 30 or 40 years. These events have drastically increased in a very short time and we should quit the denial phase and accept it as reality, and then begin asking why.

edit on 17-9-2013 by Rezlooper because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
The only way I see this getting the attention it deserves is when we experience a sudden mass human die off without explanation.

It's going to take a gut punch of an event to garner attention to this. Bird, fish, dolphins, elk, etc. no problem but when aunt Sally and the entire bingo hall fall dead people then will take notice.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   

TheLieWeLive
The only way I see this getting the attention it deserves is when we experience a sudden mass human die off without explanation.

It's going to take a gut punch of an event to garner attention to this. Bird, fish, dolphins, elk, etc. no problem but when aunt Sally and the entire bingo hall fall dead people then will take notice.

You're exactly right.

Follow this website for daily tracking of methane and hydrogen sulfide events, well possible events, that may be fires and explosions, but he's also tracking die-offs. He is also tracking unexplained human deaths.

Jumping Jack Flash Hypothesis

He says pretty much the same thing...that it is inevitable to happen soon. Only question remains...will we be told the truth when it does happen?

There have already been major situations where evacuations have taken place, such as a elementary school in minnesota last fall because of a possible hydrogen sulfide smell. Don't feel like searching for it right now, but it was later blamed on something else entirely.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I looked up the effects of too much methane: lack of muscle coordination, emotional upset, lower oxygen levels so increased breathing and pulse, respiratory collapse, nausea, unconsciousness, and death. I remember a statement after a fish die off that it was due to lack of oxygen. Interesting theory.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Rezlooper

Thanks Rezlooper for a very important subject and great post. There are multiple things happening, what they all are, I can't explain, but Mother Earth doesn't seem very happy and as your OP shows more and more unexplained deaths of species are occurring. Here is one below that I posted from the Japan Forum on Fukushima.......a disaster still raging....but we know where, the how and who of it....and still only minor Global attention. Granted, Japan as a nation is working frantically, however that is not enough, this is a Global problem, a catastrophe that will impact our eco-system for decades if not longer

Key species mysteriously dying off Oregon Coast

Of course SOMETHING is the key word here....but is it illogical to think the Fukushima Disaster has had something to do with this?

Something is killing large numbers of a keystone species off the Oregon Coast. Federal researchers say it could spell danger for the region’s other marine life.

Bill Peterson, an oceanographer with the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s Hatfield Marine Science Center in Newport, said in the past few weeks millions of dead North Pacific krill have washed up on beaches between Newport and Eureka, Calif.

THE ODD THING:

“The odd thing is that this seems to be happening in both places at the same time,” he said. The North Pacific species lives largely on the eastern side of the ocean, predominantly between southern California and southern Alaska. Peterson said they’re typically found along the continental shelf.

The shrimp-like crustaceans are an important food source for Chinook and coho salmon in the Pacific Ocean, as well as many other species of birds, fish and marine mammals.

“This is the main food for fish offshore,” Peterson said.

Source for ^^^^ Article

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I have been walking through the same forest for the past 3 years to and from work. Not a long time, but nonetheless, there are certain species of plants that have grown there that have become less and less...their numbers drastically less than I have ever seen. Our climate has not been the same in these areas the past few years. Aside from the inevitable fate that the climate will not forever remain the same, humans I notice also cause it. Regardless, I think we are looking at a scale of die offs that exceed even animals. To the reply that said a human die off, well if you count killing your own kind in mass genocide...
edit on 17-9-2013 by DragonFire1024 because: typo

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ItDepends

Lets not be so quick...we need to realize that all the Japanese government and TEPCO have been doing is covering up the Fukushima disaster from day one. In my opinion, we have no reason to believe the damage is not as bad as they claim. It's likely a lot worse. But why make everyone panic over a situation that is "out of control"
edit on 17-9-2013 by DragonFire1024 because: clarify

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Rezlooper

While I have extreme issues with your source (endtimes), these mass die-offs are worrying. Human activity may be responsible, or it may be a regular occurrence; its merely being reported more often due to technological advances.

However I am tending to lean towards our collective disregard for the planet. The radiation from not only fukushima, but also all the nuclear tests over the past 7 decades. Plastic. Oil leaks. Fracking. Chemical pollution. Hormones getting into the water supplies. Screwing around with nature and modifying species for whatever purposes can play havoc with ecosystems.

Once again I shall post this, as it always comes to mind whenever this topic is brought up.

edit on 17-9-2013 by Firefly_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   

I have a friend who fishes off the coast of Alaska for cod and haddock. He has been doing it for years and used to make a great living at it...driving around in a brand new RV, had three homes and all kinds of toys. I just talked to him when he was home for a couple of weeks and said that the company was calling him back out, but he didn't want to go because they literally aren't catching anything. I listened to him tell a hard story about how he's not making any money because they are paid strictly on commission for the loads of fish they bring in. All I could think about is...where are all the fish? Could there be much more fish die-off than we even know about. How much fish are dying out in the sea that don't wash up on shore for us to know about? Very scary to think about.

I'm not sure but I thought I read somewhere that the Fukushima leak isn't affecting our coast yet, but will be in the near future. I still think these die offs on the west coast are more related to hydrogen sulfide and methane plumes.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Rezlooper

I have a friend who fishes off the coast of Alaska for cod and haddock. He has been doing it for years and used to make a great living at it...driving around in a brand new RV, had three homes and all kinds of toys. I just talked to him when he was home for a couple of weeks and said that the company was calling him back out, but he didn't want to go because they literally aren't catching anything. I listened to him tell a hard story about how he's not making any money because they are paid strictly on commission for the loads of fish they bring in. All I could think about is...where are all the fish? Could there be much more fish die-off than we even know about. How much fish are dying out in the sea that don't wash up on shore for us to know about? Very scary to think about.

I'm not sure but I thought I read somewhere that the Fukushima leak isn't affecting our coast yet, but will be in the near future. I still think these die offs on the west coast are more related to hydrogen sulfide and methane plumes.

First, i really think your post is important and combines with what I initially said, 'multiple' things (not sure about them specifically, but why I mentioned Fukushima), and of course the dumping of oil leaks....all having affects on our global eco-system, just my opinion.

Thanks, however, there are more and more cases of sea life washing ashore up and down the North American Coastline. Especially the Canadians have made note of it.

Additionally, things only seem to be getting worse day by day. I'm just amazed at the lack of International or UN outcry for Global assistance. Now this latest update:

1000 tons of polluted Fukushima rain water dumped into the sea

Posted on September 17, 2013

September 17, 2013 – JAPAN - The operator of the leaking Fukushima nuclear plant said Tuesday that it dumped more than 1,000 tons of polluted water into the sea after a typhoon raked the facility. Typhoon Man-yi smashed into Japan on Monday, bringing with it heavy rain that caused flooding in some parts of the country, including the ancient city of Kyoto. The rain also lashed near the broken plant run by Tokyo Electric Power (TEPCO), swamping enclosure walls around clusters of water tanks containing toxic water that was used to cool broken reactors. Some of the tanks were earlier found to be leaking contaminated water........The problem has been worsened by leaks in some of those tanks that are believed to have seeped into groundwater and run out to sea. Separately, around 300 tons of mildly contaminated groundwater is entering the ocean every day having passed under the reactors, TEPCO says. -SBS

SOURCE ^^^^

Bottom line....if you just look at the food chain from east to west and all of that radiaoctive water pumping into the Pacific Ocean....and it's non-stop....something HAS to be wrong. I'm not a scientist, but I've been reading more and more. And as rain clouds take the precipitation off of the ocean and blow over to North America...there are signs of radioactive rain falling. This has been documented.

We had a specific discussion on the Fukushima Discussion here...just in case you or others want to see what the recent studies outlooks are showing...Just as a reference:Fukushima Outrage - ATS Link
edit on 17-9-2013 by ItDepends because: grammatical correction

edit on 17-9-2013 by ItDepends because: sentence structure

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   

DragonFire1024

Lets not be so quick...we need to realize that all the Japanese government and TEPCO have been doing is covering up the Fukushima disaster from day one. In my opinion, we have no reason to believe the damage is not as bad as they claim. It's likely a lot worse. But why make everyone panic over a situation that is "out of control"
edit on 17-9-2013 by DragonFire1024 because: clarify

I scratched my head a bit, but, I think you and I are in agreement.....I saw that article you referenced and agree 100%, so i believe you and I are on the same page

Cleaning up Fukushima is a ‘big challenge’: Former US nuclear regulatorText

Tokyo: Tokyo Electric Power Co., the operator of the wrecked Fukushima nuclear plant, said on Monday that a patrol of workers had found a new area of high radiation near tanks used to store contaminated water.

^^^Source

[TOKYO : Vapour has begun rising again from a reactor at the Fukushima nuclear power plant, more than two-and-a-half years after its core melted down, the site’s Japanese operator said today.

The steam appeared as TEPCO found more evidence that radioactive waste water at the plant was contaminating groundwater that is on its way to the sea. Thousands of tonnes of water were poured on the reactors to tame the meltdowns sparked by the March 2011 earthquake and tsunami. TEPCO says their temperature is now stable but they need to be kept cool to prevent them running out of control again.

Source^^

ex]Over two years after the initial disaster at Japan’s Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power facility, the problematic plant is back in the news - the plant is leaking 300 tons of radioactive water into the surrounding ocean. The announcement has elicited a firm response from the Japanese government and international criticism.

Source^^^^

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I live in Connecticut on Long Island Sound for hundreds of years the sound has produced the best oysters, clams and Lobsters only second to Maine. Bot after 2000 there was a huge lobster die off, they are many ideas why this happened ,but the best one is spraying for mosquitos for encephalitis. There use to be like over 200 lobster fishermen ...now like 20. Not to mention the decrease in shell fish. DEP said it was ok to spray it would not affect the environment!
Yep just like 9/11 just clean up the dust it won't hurt you!
I have many friend with families now have %50 less lung capacity or less.
YEP! keep believing our Government and we will all be OK!

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Fukushima is terrible. If you compound that things are already occurring in the Pacific and now this...it's real bad. This is what I said to my friend when he was telling me about the poor fishing. I told him about Fukushima and he wasn't even aware of the continuing leaks. I told him that in a few years, I wouldn't eat anything out of the Pacific and that they'll probably be pulling in mutated species of fish and all kinds of crazy things. He was a bit freaked out. He did go back for this trip but he may start looking for other work.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   

nighthawk1954
I live in Connecticut on Long Island Sound for hundreds of years the sound has produced the best oysters, clams and Lobsters only second to Maine. Bot after 2000 there was a huge lobster die off, they are many ideas why this happened ,but the best one is spraying for mosquitos for encephalitis. There use to be like over 200 lobster fishermen ...now like 20. Not to mention the decrease in shell fish. DEP said it was ok to spray it would not affect the environment!
Yep just like 9/11 just clean up the dust it won't hurt you!
I have many friend with families now have %50 less lung capacity or less.
YEP! keep believing our Government and we will all be OK!

Now that's very interesting. AND you have to admit....at least acknowledge the alleged allegations of toxins being released by nearby Plum Island...right there where you are. Coincidence? I think not!!

Germs Gone Wild: The Horrific Secrets of Plum Island

Lurking in the dark waters of Long Island Sound is a mysterious place known as Plum Island. Just ten miles off the coast of Connecticut, this tiny speck of land has long been rumored to be the epicenter of top-secret biowarfare research. The U.S. government acknowledges that the island is home to a scientific facility. Its stated purpose is to study animal-borne diseases. But investigators are beginning to uncover startling new facts about this forbidding place. Insiders and ex-employees have come forward to tell their stories. From security breaches in germ labs, to escaped diseases and potential mass epidemics, this is the real Plum Island story.

But the government denies anything is wrong.

Source on Plum Island Here

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Please stop the disease and global warming paradigm.

There is real science and research done on vectors such as Neonicotinoids (Bayer and Sygenta) .... and GMOs (your friends at Monsanto)... Cell towers and massive EM pollution.. who are owned by the same groups which have sworn to lower populations to 500 M.

No you don't need aliens to kill all the bees, birds, and fish... Just your fellow man... Why would they do this? Because they love you.
edit on 18-9-2013 by R_Clark because: Grammar

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I'm hoping it will be ok to report new animal die off's here. Other threads I looked up died out or said "don't discuss cause'. In any case I found it when looking up diseases that are killing wildlife. I discovered this just this morning. It happened in Montana. Over 100 deer found dead - of course still don't know why but didn't appear sick.

When looking up hemorrhagic disease in deer populations I found there has been an increase in die off's between 2002 - present. It seems reasonable - milder winters but this was once seen mostly in the Eastern US so just find it troubling to see it happened near Los Vegas in August via a thread here on ATS, and now Montana again.
Can disease be linked to an increase in methane gas? I don't know and have already edited twice due to distractions while trying to post.

m.mtstandard.com... uch=true

edit on 18-9-2013 by Dianec because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-9-2013 by Dianec because: Forgot to attach link

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Dianec
I looked up the effects of too much methane: lack of muscle coordination, emotional upset, lower oxygen levels so increased breathing and pulse, respiratory collapse, nausea, unconsciousness, and death. I remember a statement after a fish die off that it was due to lack of oxygen. Interesting theory.

This would definitely be the place to post die-offs. I have one here actually from a few days ago. Notice these fish died off from 'lack of oxygen' as you point out.

Fish found dead at il-Maghluq died of 'lack of oxygen'

This happened in Maltese Islands and note how it says in the article that they had a die-off of ducks earlier this year. I didn't research to see which die off this was, so I can't say for sure if this was an actual die off or a killing, but one thing I have noticed in tracking all of these events, not only these die-offs, but mysterious explosions and strange deaths, is that they seem to be clustered. For example, if you look back, there are a lot of incidents that occur in Virginia, along the coasts mostly, from die-offs (most recently, the dolphins), to loud booms, explosions, earthquakes and sulfide smells, etc....

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Good to know one thread can take all reports - an important topic IMO. I have been looking at this trend since 2010, and other than google maps have not seen one particular place for reporting.

It may be worth investigation to see if methane increases can be linked with the spread of disease. I know that is probably stretching a bit but it's my understanding that in anaerobic environments disease spreads more readily. If nothing else, it warms the planet, affecting the window of opportunity for disease to spread.

With regard to just white tail deer dying I found an article out of the State of Michigan. I then found that fracking is pretty common in that State, as there are many sites with activists speaking out about methane gas release due to fracking.

Seems to be mostly happening in the southwest/southern part of the state - in this article.

1974 die off in Michigan for example for white tailed deer was about 100
It jumps to 2006 in this article at 50-75 disease related deaths
In 2008 - 150-200
In 2009 - 300-450
In 2010 - 1,025
In 2011 - 300
In 2012 - 14,898

www.michigan.gov...

If I had more time right now I would try to cross reference increased methane detected with an increase in disease in animals.

There are too many unexplained die offs as well so I think your theory is viable. At minimum it leads to other problems. I'll update when I hear of the findings in the Montana one. They will probably find it is disease but I disagree with some other posters who say nothing to look at here. Just because disease and die off is normal does not mean increases in die offs are normal. It is an indication something is wrong.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 02:29 AM
link   
We have a big die off happening here right now, where I live. It began with massive numbers of wild boar being found dead everywhere, and in the last few days, that has increased to include deer, goats, sheep, and a donkey.
Testing is frantically being done, while the hunters are upset because they will have no game, and a ban on consumption of these animals is up until they find the cause.

Everyone is starting to panic, as we worry about our water sources, and I am concerned about my pets and the possibility of a virus.
It is really strange.

I doubt it is radiation from Fukushima, in South France.... and GMO's are banned here, water is not recycled, fracking has also been kept out. We've had a mild summer, with plenty of water, not excessive heat. I haven't an idea.
edit on 19-9-2013 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Bluesma
We have a big die off happening here right now, where I live. It began with massive numbers of wild boar being found dead everywhere, and in the last few days, that has increased to include deer, goats, sheep, and a donkey.
Testing is frantically being done, while the hunters are upset because they will have no game, and a ban on consumption of these animals is up until they find the cause.

Everyone is starting to panic, as we worry about our water sources, and I am concerned about my pets and the possibility of a virus.
It is really strange.

I doubt it is radiation from Fukushima, in South France.... and GMO's are banned here, water is not recycled, fracking has also been kept out. We've had a mild summer, with plenty of water, not excessive heat. I haven't an idea.
edit on 19-9-2013 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

Are the dead animals found in groups at all or are they dying slowly, one by one?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join