It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'He doesn't juggle. He doesn't twist balloons into animal shapes. He just stares': Who is the cr

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I love things like this, the more mad and surreal the better...

Seems just like someone with a twisted sense of humour who is not really going to hurt anybody out there....

All hail the clown.....

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Raxoxane
Well I know if I wanted to freak people out dressing+acting like a demented/sinister clown would be one of the best ways to do it.Like in the movies-what is scarier: an axewielding masked maniac-or that sweet little girl sitting with her back to the main actor/actress..she walks up to the little girl,who seems to be softly crying,saying something like:"ah sweetie what's wrong,talk to me,I will help you"...and as the little girl turns around..ROARRR!!! She has the long-fanged hideous face of some demon from the pit.

Know what I mean? The scariest scenario of all is when something/someone traditionally symbolising safety+fun+innocence+all positive things turn Mean.Turn eerie+sinister and maniacal.

That is why REC/Quarantine and 28 Days later is far more frightening to me than a horror featuring all kinds of unspeakable CGI-created monsters+fiends/anything created with FX,however impressively they are.

The familiar+trusted are more terrifying when they "turn" than something you Expect and than the ugliest critter from a horror movie.
Now I have found clowns to be horribly sinister practically since first memory despite assurances from my mother that they were fine fun chaps.So to me,that clown would not be overly much of a shock or a scare-because I Expect clowns to be sinister+repugnant.But most folks and kids feel the opposite,they've been conditioned to see clowns as fine fun chaps.So yes,to really freak people out,you could do well to find a clownsuit.
And I am happy to report that there is at least one un-sinister clown in the world,a black guy that was born with the dwarfism condition,who works for McClaren circus.Took me almost half a century to find one I did'nt want to punch in the face if he came anywhere near me.

John Wayne Gayce was a clown also.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
As Mel Brooks once said, " Making people uncomfotable makes ME laugh".

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
This is inspired.

I have always wanted to do something silly like this. I don't know exactly what yet but I'm feeling megaphones at the moment.

I love real life trolling, Balls of Steal is my favorite. Negs Urban Sports, this one is him knocking at doors and just standing there asking what people want.

There are loads of these on Youtube, I really do bellylaugh at some of the things they get up to.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by FireMoon

reminds me of a random ad MTV used to air back in the late 90's...
lmfao

edit on 17-9-2013 by ltinycdancerg because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-9-2013 by ltinycdancerg because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   

FireMoon

I also find it fascinating that some people are so far up themselves that they can genuinely post such drivel as. "Don;t you realise some people are scared of clowns, you are being totally irresponsible", as if there should be some sort of by law forbidding people ever doing anything out of the norm, whatever that might be, for fear of "scaring" someone.

Haha, yeah because by that basis we would have to ban all news outlets and government spokespeople.
And ban horror films too.

Oh and conspiracy sites.

And parents that tell their kids to beware of the evil strangers.
edit on 20139America/Chicago09pm9pmTue, 17 Sep 2013 12:48:02 -05000913 by OneManArmy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   

He is an alien. Men in black stuff, lol. They are all around us lol.

He is pretty spooky lol. Would not want him staring at me lol.

The Bot

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Yes, it does seem creepy to me.
But that also means, at least to me, that it is awesome.
And if he is doing this as a stunt for a remake to IT?

Win Win All the Way Around!!!!

And Halloween is coming! Yea!

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Haha this is my town, sorry to say I haven't had a run in with the clown as of yet.

Although if I saw that in the middle of the night I would scream like a girl.

First seen on Friday the 13th he's been haunting the town since lol. Look on google, search Northampton clown and look at how creepy this guy is, especially in the dark.

I live here and I've only just heard of this now, and didn't even know it had gone viral world wide.
edit on 17-9-2013 by DAZ21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   

I am from a town which is 10 miles away from Northampton.

1. It is not a "sleepy town in the English shires" if you've been. You know its a cess pit. Me and alot of the people i know refer to our 'sleepy shire towns' as the a**hole of the country.

2. I started hearing about this a few days ago, via friends liking the page on facebook. As far as I know its a practical joke thats got a bit out of hand. Just a guy(s), dressed as Pennywise, trying to freak out drunken partyers.

3. Bit of a douche move knocking on doors, going a bit far, still funny though, in hindsight.

My two cents.

MrWebby666

Edit to add: check out his facebook page. It seems to be a follow on from the Spotted pages that have cropped up all over the place. By the way he writes, it is just a guy having a laugh. - Also, he says he isnt knocking on doors. Good, that was the only bad thing about this.

edit on 17-9-2013 by MrWebby666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by coldkidc

America already has enough creepy people all over the place. Insert clown joke here: In America he would be stopped, probed, ask for ID, detained, handcuffed, tazed, then if all that did not BRING OUT THE FUNNY, they would shoot him for being dressed in a burglars outfit. Glad I quit clowing when I did...whewwww.
edit on 17-9-2013 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
If someone dressed like that knocked on my door I would probably respond by knocking him out!

I blame my irrational and juvenile fear of clowns on my first trip to Blackpool Pleasure beach as a small child. The laughing clown enclosed in glass appeared nothing short of psychotic to me. Especially as I stood and watched him for a little while and was scared witless because I wasn't expecting him to start moving! Over the year's he has had many makeovers but he's been there since the 1930's.
Not sure how true it is but for generations the story as been told of how the man who recorded the laugh for the clown suffered a mental breakdown afterwards.

Anyway the instigator of my clown hate! Laughing clown at Blackpool Pleasure Beach

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Komodo
can this be considered as a

'terrorist' .. ?

That depends, if he has a Ron Paul bumper sticker on his car or has a week's worth of food at home, then yes, he is a terrorist.

Since I was a kid I've been trying to figure out what clowns are supposed to be. Where do they shop? Their clothes are invariably several sizes too big. Are they hand-me-downs from a fat older brother? What kind of family units are these, where the oldest is the always fattest? Maybe it's some kind of weird cult where the first born eats first, then siblings after. And why do they all keep going back to the same horrible barber? You'd think that they would get a clue after seeing the rainbow hair in the mirror for the first time. And God, take it easy on the makeup! Lipstick goes on the lips - you're not supposed to see it from space. Finally, what's up with the shoes? Podiatrists must have nightmares.

All I know for sure is that they're some kind of bipedal species outside of the human race, and very, very scary.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Ok ok, I'm busted! I'm just really lonely you know....

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I haven't liked clowns since I was a kid and met Ronald McDonald. He was a real jerk. The movie IT is absolutely the most scarry movie I've ever watched. Mr. King did a whopper with that one. When I saw the attached photo (holding the balloons) the resemblance sent chills. Imagine waking home at night alone and seeing that standing there.

I don't know if a remake can out do the origional. Almost don't want to see it as the original is good enough. Some movies you just can't top.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 04:07 AM
link   
i saw this on facebook on a friends news feed who lives in this area. i thought it was awesome don't get what the issue is he isn't causing any harm just hanging out maybe people should stop moaning about total bulls**t get a grip and worry about real world problems like war, radiation and so on . " Im scared a mans dressed as a clown", get a grip! if i saw the guy i would go give him a hug what a legend!

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Not a politician is he? after all their all clowns, but they do juggle finances though. Oh and the truth.
2nd.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 05:27 AM
link   
They float, They all float.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Must be a clown Observer.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
This is a prime example of how judgmental all of us are.

Aside from the rumors, if he is just standing looking at people what is the big deal?

Take the same scene but go back 100 years and place a black man in a white neighborhood.

We have been so conditioned and brainwashed since birth it's not even funny anymore, yet so many people fail, or lack the awareness to acknowledge they have been.

Peace,

RT

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join