It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armed EPA raid in Alaska sheds light on 70 fed agencies with armed divisions!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   

The recent uproar over armed EPA agents descending on a tiny Alaska mining town is shedding light on the fact that 40 federal agencies – including nearly a dozen typically not associated with law enforcement -- have armed divisions.

The Environmental Protection Agency, whose armed agents in full body armor participated, acknowledged taking part in the Alaska Environmental Crimes Task Force investigation, which it said was conducted to look for possible violations of the Clean Water Act.

www.foxnews.com...

The article says there are now 73 known armed federal agencies to include such crime busters as Library of Congress, the Federal Reserve Board and the National Institutes of Health.

Read more: www.foxnews.com... K5u

I saw this on Fox News this morning and sure enough Drudge had already posted the article. I suppose the government has good reasons to have all these government agencies armed; mucho ammo purchased also..... after all, there are what appears to be more and more people who do not like to be messed with and are turning hostile to anyone who says, "Hello, we are from the government and are here to help you"... The biggest problem I see is; the tighter the screws are turned the more people are spring loaded to resist.. losing scenario for all parties concerned IMO. Overwhelming force seems to be the norm now for just about everything we read with interactions between pedestrians and government and as of yet it seems to be becoming more of an entrenched idea of population control..?

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
There will be no more dissent from the populace. The government lays down the law for us, then breaks it. That is the age we live in now. Love it or shove it.

edit on 16-9-2013 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

The article says there are now 73 known armed federal agencies to include such crime busters as Library of Congress, the Federal Reserve Board and the National Institutes of Health.

Social Security Administration and the IRS certainly catch my attention, gives new meaning to the term 'armed tax collectors'.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
but but but... 727... You must want anarchy and wild shootouts on main street! Not to mention, kids dying by the millions in their own front yards from random gunfire!

After all, they are arming everyone in Government from the EPA to NOAA so they can later look us in the eye and say WE *ALL* have guns now, wether we need them or not...so you don't have to!

I doubt the logic carries far...but I can't wait to hear their variant to the above statement. I'm sure it's coming in one form or another, eventually.

Why the heck does any Federal Agent not officialy a sworn law officer...NEED a gun and arrest powers? They have a telephone. We DO have enough budget for that, I am sure...they can pick up that telephone, dial a cop/agent who IS there to do that very thing and go observe the cop do his job. As was done in this nation until very recently ....when the oddly Anti-Gun Government decided EVERYONE needed a gun. At least everyone on their side does... Go figure.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

Every day, I see another reason to fear what is happening to our government.

Every single day for quite some time now.

I should not fear my own government. No one should.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
And this suprises people? What kind of law enforcement or secucurity could and agency provide if they did not have some armed agents or guards. In other news the security guards at car lots are often armed as well. The US does not have a large interior paramilitary force like Russia for intenal policing. In fact compared to many nations in the first word the US police to population ration is nowhere near the top. As much as people seem to wish for a police state the fact of the matter is the US is completly unprepared for large scale police actions.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   

MrSpad
And this suprises people? What kind of law enforcement or secucurity could and agency provide if they did not have some armed agents or guards. In other news the security guards at car lots are often armed as well. The US does not have a large interior paramilitary force like Russia for intenal policing. In fact compared to many nations in the first word the US police to population ration is nowhere near the top. As much as people seem to wish for a police state the fact of the matter is the US is completly unprepared for large scale police actions.

That's what alies and the UN are for don't ya know?

top topics

join