It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lets say you lost everything, how would you survive???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by tinker9917

Ya I hear you, I usually give change to those people. As I sometimes think that if they're at the point where they're asking then they must be pretty down and out, when infact they might not be.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 06:05 AM
link   
If I couldn't meet a girl to be my girlfriend, then I'd likely just find an abandon building. Then find a nook inside of that to sleep in at night. Like perhaps inside the kitchen under the sinks. You'd just close the cabinets at night and have a small mattress in there, and that way if anyone cam into the building they wouldn't see you. Or something like that. Then find some places in the building to stash stuff I use, like water jugs, food, blankets, backpack etc. Then by day go out and try and see what I could come up with. Like first priority would be to try and find a bike. I like a bike because it's free transportation. I find I can generally ride about 30kms in a day. But by then I'm tired. But essentially I can get across town and back if I needed to. So if I found a job I could just bike to work. More than anything I'd probably spend a lot of time on the library computers. And or I'd try and save up or scrowng around to find a cheap laptop. I think you could find someone who likely would even give you their old one if you asked around. Then that would open up a lot of doors cuz you could just go to coffee shops or mcdonalds and sit there and work. Likely if you put in enough hours you could start to make some money. Might be tricky though as if you didn't have a paypal account then you'd have to figure out other ways that people could send you money. But I think western union is one good option as people could pay you that way. Or bitcoins. then at the end of the day I'd just ride my bike back to the abandon building hide my bike and lock it up, eat something, maybe read a bit and then sneak into my bed that I've hidden away. until morning.
edit on 17-9-2013 by spartacus699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   
- your shoes,
- the clothes on your back,
- a jacket that is just warm enough to be outside with at night.
- a hat

Sounds just like a divorce...

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   
I would try and find small jobs in the mean time try to find food and water. I'd look for a spot outside of a big city near farm land to make a camp, usually people in smaller communities are much more friendly and willing to help people out with food, shelter, water, and hopefully a job. If I found a job I would save all I could to get a cheap place or maybe rent a room. But if all else fails I hate to say it but I'd rob people for food and cash, it would be the last resort for me but if it keeps my eating and alive I'd do it. Another question along this topic I have for people is what if we keep what you said but this time we went into another Great Depression and our dollar collapses and there are no jobs, no food lines, and no help what would you do? Would you try and form a small community with your neighbors and grow food and take care of each other or would you take care of yourself by any means necessary?

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
1. Find a discarded water/soda bottle or two.
2. Go to a convenience store, look at a map, find a close park.
3. Fill the water bottles at the park's drinking fountains.
4. Hit a grocery store early in the morning (before they open) for bread (vendors leave it right outside the doors).
5. Beg for a bit to afford a meal (make a sign that says, "Superman destroyed my home fighting General Zod" or something catchy like that.)
6. Go to a library, get an email account, and apply for day labor jobs. Also apply for more lucrative jobs, but day labor until I get one.
7. Get paid, save.
8. Find a safe place to sleep each night.
9. Use bathroom at the park for hygiene.
10. Use an address near park for my address (be sure I can check it before the resident).

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by sjewell57

Because it's our biological imperative to survive and persevere. Nobody truly wants to die. That goes against the instincts that evolution gave us.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Americans are some of the most generous people on the planet.

Sitting on a busy street with a sign that says "need help" and a small cup will pay off enough to get something to eat and a flophouse room.

I have a special place in my car with money to give to those less fortunate than myself. I full well know what it means to be "down and out"....I have been blessed with good fortune and I had help finding my way out of the darkness.

It's not for me to judge how people spend the money I give them. I remember when a drink was my salvation.
edit on 17-9-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
THIS is a deja vu thread if ever there was one! freaky actually.
so i have reached the point where i have lost everything thus have nothing to lose rite?

well people are going to get hurt robbed conned mugged sold (place substance thats really just ? here)
etc. of course this is not me but you get the idea.the world is a scary place on the streets.

now have you ever scanned a note of monetary value?

well they pass off very well as the real deal so i would be counterfeiting like crazy.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Food: Go the Freegansim route Linky

Shelter: Use a religious based shelter (found in most cities)

Income: Labor or maybe a temp agency. Even Goodwill as an option. There are other means of getting 'easy' money, but is likely against ATS terms.

Clothing: Free handouts from the religious based shelter. Purchasing from labor monies if freeganism is supply adequate food. Worst case, dive into a donation drop box and find some clothing.

Easiest route: Have sister wire me monies and ensure she uses a pass phrase so I don't have to show ID. Buy ticket.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   

spartacus699
The Items You have are:
- your shoes,
- the clothes on your back,
- a jacket that is just warm enough to be outside with at night.
- a hat

Well, the first thing I'd do is find some clothing for my FRONT as well!

After that, I'm off to the woods to live like Grizzley Adams.

Grizzley Adams

edit on 17/9/2013 by Trexter Ziam because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   

spartacus699

Tell us what steps you take to survive???

STAY MOTIVATED AND BELIEVE IN YOURSELF...

edit on 9/17/13 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I replied to the thread earlier, I have experience with this in the past and never really jumped back into the game completely, because I stopped being afraid of being free.

It isn't so scary to be free, what's scary are the slaves who try to take advantage of you to make themselves feel free, trying to justify their existence at the expense of others they see as lower than themselves.

Most people are generous for selfish reasons, wrap your head around that one hey!.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I'd sell my organs on ebay

top topics

<< 1   >>

join