It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chemtrail (?) attack over Marion Illinois 9-15-2013

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I have lived here almost a month and a half now. Have seen clear blue sky, fluffy clouds but nothing like what I saw this morning when I walked out the door at 8:30 a.m.

I saw numerous chemtrails (?) and about 6 jets very high up leaving trails at that time. We have been watching it happen all day (it is now a little after 2 p.m.) Long time residents have also commented on them when I struck up a conversation about them. We are seeing jets that start to leave trails (when they were not before) that just go a little way, then stop. Then we see ones that look like they are going in a straight line, then they go off course and the trail is curved. Of course these trails have now expanded and have covered much of the sky.

Just wondering if anyone else here in the area have noticed and what do you think is happening?

I don't have a camera to take pics.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

I saw numerous chemtrails (?) and about 6 jets very high up leaving trails at that time. We have been watching it happen all day (it is now a little after 2 p.m.) Long time residents have also commented on them when I struck up a conversation about them. We are seeing jets that start to leave trails (when they were not before) that just go a little way, then stop. Then we see ones that look like they are going in a straight line, then they go off course and the trail is curved. Of course these trails have now expanded and have covered much of the sky.

The first and most important question is how do you know they are chemtrails and not contrails?

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

Not to mention, why these "chemtrail" threads keep being created without someone first producing some sort of scientific data that something is even being sprayed in the first place.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   

That's why I put the (?) after the word chemtrail... I don't know. All I know is that I have not seen them here before. I have seen them in the California Bay Area, and in Phoenix. But not here. Nor has anyone I have talked to today seen so many.

The weather has cooled down a lot and I know the atmosphere above us is very cold - I did not mention in the OP that I also saw an arc of reflecting ice crystals above the sun this morning and a little sun dog off to the left of the sun, could only see that when I put on my HD sunglasses.

It's just that we have not seen so many jets and trails here before, at least I have not.

We don't even see commercial jets in the sky, I think the largest airport in the are is in Springfield. If these jets are up there at any other time, we do not see them.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Even if it is contrails, look at the pollution these jets are creating, Maybe instead of trying to prove they are chemtrails we should challenge the need for all the traveling all over the world. The Government should examine this practice to see the impact on the world.....Yeah, right....as if that will even be considered since it will negatively impact the economy.....It is easier to tax us.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

Not to mention, WHY, the first reply of a chemtrail thread is an attemp to debunk or flame it ?

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   

sayzaar
reply to post by _BoneZ_

Not to mention, WHY, the first reply of a chemtrail thread is an attemp to debunk or flame it ?

Because "chemtrails" aren't real. They don't exist. Someone has to first prove they exist, or show some sort of scientific evidence to provide a theory. Then the topic of "chemtrails" can be discussed. Not before.

Until then, every single "chemtrail" thread will be debunked and shut down with facts.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by sayzaar

I couldn't help but to notice that you did absolutely nothing! If you feel "chemtrails" are real, why didn't you ATTEMPT to support the OP?

See ya,
Milt

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by sayzaar

They call it Denying Ignorance, or would you rather see the first reply be...

"Oh yes what you saw were absolutely chemtrails no matter what science says."

And how is asking a question flaming a thread or debunking it?

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   

We don't even see commercial jets in the sky, I think the largest airport in the are is in Springfield. If these jets are up there at any other time, we do not see them.

The flights leaving trails are not coming from planes landing or taking off, but they are from over flights going to other locations.

That is the norm not seeing planes until they leave contrails, think about how high they are flying and think about the size of an airplane flying at least 6 miles high and the problem seeing it without contrails.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   

What you say makes sense. Like I said, the weather has cooled down a LOT and I know the air above us is very cold. That being said, there sure are a lot of flights going over us, and I will watch the sky more on cold mornings now to see what kind and how many trails I see.

But here's a question...If what we are seeing is ice crystals , or condensation from the jet exhaust, why do they expand and form clouds? Why do they not just dissipate?

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   

berkeleygal
why do they expand and form clouds? Why do they not just dissipate?

The same reason why clouds expand and form larger clouds, or dissipate.

This depends on the humidity at the altitude that the planes are flying at. If it's humid, contrails will persist and spread out depending on how humid it is. Same thing with clouds. On a very humid day, clouds can form out of nothing and spread out into large storms rather quickly.

When the air is dry, contrails will dissipate. Sometimes clouds will dissipate when drier air moves in.

The formation and persistence of contrails is dependent on the temperature and humidity at the altitude that the plane is flying at, regardless of the temperature and humidity at ground level.

If you're seriously interested in learning more, you can check out the site below. It has all the information you could ever want to know about contrails.

contrailscience.com...

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

That's not pollution, it's water vapor. Modern engines leave almost no pollution compared to engines even ten years ago.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   

rickymouse
Even if it is contrails, look at the pollution these jets are creating,

they make that pollution whether they are making contrails you can see or not.

In fact they make the MOST pollution at takeoff where there are almost never any contrails - because that is where the burn the most fuel.

but even then the whole of het airline industry only makes a fraction of het pollution that land transport does:US statistics in fuel use by different types of transportation per annum since 1960
- all aviation uses about 12-13 billion gallons of fuel per annum (2011), land transport uses about 170 billion gallons - almost 15 times as much as all of aviation.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   

That's your big clue right there. There's a front moving in. You see contrail activity increase a lot ahead of a weather system moving in.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   

sayzaar
reply to post by _BoneZ_

why wouldn't you debunk a hoax ASAP??

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   

But here's a question...If what we are seeing is ice crystals , or condensation from the jet exhaust, why do they expand and form clouds? Why do they not just dissipate?

This should help you with that and more...

science-edu.larc.nasa.gov...

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   

What you say makes sense. Like I said, the weather has cooled down a LOT and I know the air above us is very cold. That being said, there sure are a lot of flights going over us, and I will watch the sky more on cold mornings now to see what kind and how many trails I see.

I must say Thank You..

I say that because this is a great thread where the OP (you of course) has actually asked questions without calling people shills and swearing what they saw were chemtrails..

It has been a breath of fresh air....

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   

m o NSA n t o
Crop dusting again are they.

edit on 15-9-2013 by Trubeeleever because: Grammatical correction

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Trubeeleever

Only if those commercial planes are flying at treetop height or lower.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join