It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

are dreams prophetic?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a few nights ago i had a dream about a family friend named lonnie and his dog dora. we were just hanging out in the dream.

Whell the next day i ended up hanging out all day with lonnie and his dog.

no big deal. But it made me feel like there is some connection to our dreams and the reality we are in when we are awake. this makes me feel like dreams, or at least some dreams are prophetic in nature as in they predict the future to a degree.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Belcastro

Physics has no directional preference with respect to time, you may be experiencing that?

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   

All prophetic visions are dreams but not all dreams are prophetic.

Something like that, probably.

Speaking of dreams, I saw my avatar in a dream the other week, so I made it. Any ideas of what it might be? Maybe an egg frying?
edit on 9/14/2013 by Bleeeeep because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Dreams can indeed be prophetic. Fo rmyself, if I have a re-occurring dream, I know to pay attention as they usually come true.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   

I think once in a while they can be. I had the most crazy dream based on an event in my life. I was thinking of doing this one business. Even though I knew that that business had a few slight risks to it. I felt a bit dis at ease about it. But I thought I'd just do it anyway regardless. So I got started. And then eventually I launched the business. I mean it was just a website so it's not like I was out of pocket hardly anything. Then right after I launched I had a terrible dream. And it was so vivid. I sware that it was God telling me not to do that. So I woke up and I was frightened. And so I took down the site. Then I was fine. No more bad dreams.

So a couple weeks go by right...

And I start thinking to myself..."ahhh it was just a bad dream. I shouldn't take that so much to heart. So I sort of thought to myself this... I'll relaunch the business. Then if I get another bad dream, I'll know for sure that it is God communicating with me to not do it. And so I relaunched. Then right after, another bad dream. almost exactly like the last dream! And again really scary. That's when I knew it was God communicating with me and guiding my footsteps. So I took down that business. Then since then I've gotten several new ideas that I think are far better. Far more likely to succeed. So I got 4 new ideas. All great ideas that I've been working on. And I'm at peace with all of them, as I know they're far less risky.

So ya sometimes the strangest things can happen. That was infact one of the most strangest things that's ever taken place in my life. Like I believed in God before. But after that happened, I literally knew he was real and that he sometimes will communicate with us if and when we're running into danger. Like wow blew my mind! This is a true story just happened a year ago.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Bleeeeep

All prophetic visions are dreams but not all dreams are prophetic.

Something like that, probably.

Speaking of dreams, I saw my avatar in a dream the other week, so I made it. Any ideas of what it might be? Maybe an egg frying?
edit on 9/14/2013 by Bleeeeep because: (no reason given)

Looks to me like gamma radiation coming off the sun. I like it.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Mine are, but everyone is different.
Some are just dreams. Some are exact recreations of things that happen to me later .
I suspect some are past life events.
Some contain symbolism that must be considered.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   
It is very risky to presume that a dream is prophetic because you can easily come unstuck. True story:

A gold miner had a vivid dream whereby he came upon a quartze reef sticking out of the sde of a hill. He saw himself chip into the reef with his hammer and chisel and holding the piece of quartze up to the sun and seeing specks of gold glimmering back at him. A few days later he came upon this very reef while out prospecting and with great excitement started chipping away at it with his hammer and chisel. Twenty years later he has chiseled a 30 metre tunnel into the reef without finding one speck of gold but refusing to give up in case the next chip reveals the gold that he saw in his dream.

Me I never trust dreams no matter how vivid and significant they might at times appear to be. I enjoy them, thats as far as I go.
edit on 14-9-2013 by Shema because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-9-2013 by Shema because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   

There are some ppl who have dreams that has come true. Sure. But in most cases (99,99%) its your brain trying to solve and handle things you experienced and thought about during your awake hours.

So if you wonder a lot about the possibility of an alien invasion, your brain will at some point pick that up as a dream. And handle that for you, solve certains knots and makes its own riddles of things it doesn't quite understand.

Never underestimate the power of the brain. It always creates new thought patterns and answers to experiences you might not even realize you had. Extrasensory perception play a big part in this. You often dream of things you don't even know you heard, or saw. But you did...And its not always chronological either. It mixes and matches.

top topics

join