It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Is What Happens When Bigotry and Intolerance Is Promoted Nationaly.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   

iwilliam
Yes, let's waste millions in tax money, for a program which, if successful, will only severely worsen the over-population problem (and likely the unemployment rate, people on government benefits, etc etc) simply because you find a particular lifestyle distasteful. Brilliant. And a truly humanitarian attitude.

First off, we don't have a population problem. We have plenty of room to grow and are capable of producing more food than we could ever eat, so stop with the bologna fest on that one.

Secondly, how in the hell can you consider my suggestion selfish or unbecoming of a humanitarian? You're implying that my motivation for such a proposal stems from my dislike of homosexuals, and you're dead wrong on that one. I don't like how gays are treated anymore than you do. What happened to the kid in the OP is one of the most horrible things I've ever heard of, and those thugs should all be hung by their scrotums and fed through a penis shaped tube for the rest of their lives.

If a simple prenatal treatment could prevent even one kid from being the target of this kind of madness,
then I'd say the research would be worth every freaking penny.

Straw Man Argument. This is where someone takes the opposing argument and changes it slightly, to make the idea completely ridiculous, which makes it very easy to knock down-- like a straw man.

Isn't that EXACTLY what you just did to me?

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by suz62

Well, I'd have to disagree. When it comes to violence, in nearly all cases, people who commit violent acts such as rape, murder, etc. have actually been victims of pretty severe mental/physical/phychological abuse. People are not simply predetermined to be sociopaths or psychopaths. The environment in which people grow up in is a significant factor. If you grow up in a peaceful, loving environment, you'll be normal. However, if you see or experience acts of violence often, you can begin to lose your humanity and empathy towards other people, or creatures for that matter. Psychopaths and other similar classifications are a sickness. It's not normal behavior for any animal.

And I'll have to say that violence or the old fashioned "lock um up and throw away the key" isn't the answer either. Obviously that doesn't work. People still continue to murder either other, or commit other acts of violence. Sure, that is the easy solution to the problem, but the fact is we have a major mental health problem in the world today. And there's a lot of things that can be associated with that.

If you look at business for example, our whole system is only geared toward making money. Some of these big time companies basically suck the life out of the lower guys on the totem pole. Many companies go to developing countries, take the resources, pollute the country and make big time profits. And they have virtually no consideration as to how other people feel. At the end of the day they made a few bucks, that's all that matters to them. And a lot of stress, depression, and desperation will follow.

Today in western society especially, we try to be individualistic, which can be harmful. Usually people only care for themselves and their own families. When something bad happens to others people usually think "better them than me" and this kind of thinking isn't normal. Humans are supposed to be social creatures. We are supposed to rely on others. Not take advantage of them.

You can easily look around and see that so many aspects of life we have setup are completely warped.

So what i'm ultimately trying to say is, some people aren't automatically programmed to be monsters. These people just grow up in some of the worst conditions. And nowadays it seems like things just keep getting worse and worse around the world. And it'll take a lot of awakening to really see how the world is supposed to be. Because the way we have it setup now, is far from what a healthy world should really be. And when you have a healthy world, healthy people will follow.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
What happens when bigotry and intolerance becomes nationally accepted?
We get threads here called:

"Why can't white people have a country of their own"

That's what...but what do I know.
(So glad the mods sank that one!)

-Peace & Respect-

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Barry! I should have left you on the space station ...

On topic...

From what I understand, homosexual behavior is found in all sort of animals. What I don't see/hear is how animals hurt or attack other animals for same-sex behavior.

We are, essentially, animals ourselves. It saddens me that despite all of our technology and advancements, we regularly behave worse than the animals we distance ourselves from.

JAK

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Putin has answered... well I'll let the article speak for itself:

Berlusconi would not have been tried if gay: Putin

Russian President Vladimir Putin rallied behind his old friend Silvio Berlusconi on Thursday, saying the former Italian prime minister would not have faced trial for having sex with a minor if he were gay.

"Berlusconi is being tried because he lives with women. If he were homosexual, no one would lift a finger against him," he told a gathering of journalists and Russia experts.

Quite laughable, well almost. Well, OK, no. Berlusconi, embarrassing even by the standards of politics, gets a gentle nod of support as Putin takes the opportunity to, not even gently, reinforce the intolerance he's peddling protective stance needed for all those good and true.

Obviously this post, as an attack on Putin, stands in full support of everything and everyone ranged against him. That's how this works isn't it? Oh, and it's about protection, not victimisation. 'course it is, the message is obvious and there's nothing wrong here.

Nothing at all.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   
This is just embarrassing to read as a fellow member of humanity:

Helious
Hate to intrude into this conversation because it's not mine but.......... Lets not go ahead and confuse nature with human emotions because it doesn't add up. Homosexuality does in fact, conflict with nature.

Directly followed by:

I view your mindset as a bit dangerous because you fail to use science, forward thinking or common sense and continue to perpetuate ridiculous arguments that evidence does not support.

This is precisely what you have been doing since you entered this thread, and somehow did some with such confidence despite having, really, nothing to say... at all. By all means, go ahead and provide evidence for your own claims, since you so readily demand them from anyone and everyone who disagrees with you. Not to mention your instantaneous jump to calling anyone else's opinion "patently absurd" whenever presented, only to go on some seemingly endless diatribe that doesn't actually refute any points the poster has made whatsoever.

Go ahead then -- provide evidence that definitively concludes that homosexuality is "against nature". You're the one with the high standard for evidence, after all, right?

Your posts are 7th grade opinion pieces that got docked marks for turning into a rant at best. And here you are critiquing other people about their lack of "evidence" to back up their opinions. You have presented none yourself.

I personally find it rather disturbing that you can come into a thread about the rape of a young gay man and all you can do is call homosexuality unnatural.
edit on 26-9-2013 by LightOrange because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   

LightOrange
Your posts are 7th grade opinion pieces that got docked marks for turning into a rant at best. And here you are critiquing other people about their lack of "evidence" to back up their opinions. You have presented none yourself.

I understand Orange...I really do, but you shouldn't be wasting your time with people like that.
I imagine they are the exact same kind of person who honestly believes with the lord, he can help others to "pray away the gay". The only way individuals like that can surpass their stupidity is if they were to openly state "the Earth is flat" or "the Earth is the centre of the solar system".
Shallow end of the gene pool not withstanding, people like that are disappearing faster than you can say "dinosaur" so despite how infuriating their point of view may be...it's only a broken minority of the population which feels this way.
But if the Buddha has taught me anything, it''s that I know nothing.

-Peace be with you-
edit on 26-9-2013 by Eryiedes because: Typo

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

Guilty as charged

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Scorchio
reply to post by VoidHawk

Guilty as charged

Ha! I knew I'd catch someone LOL

Joking aside though, the real reason I posted that comment was because of something that happened over here (uk). BBC showed footage of nutters setting a guys beard alight while he slept, other nutters thought what a good idea, and more people got burned. Had they not shown that footage innocent people wouldn't have been burnt.
I struggle with stuff like this because I'm 100% against any form of censorship, but look what happened to the bearded guys.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Yes and what can we say of land of the free & home of the brave!

edit on 2-10-2013 by Theprimordialocker because: dud clip

edit on 2-10-2013 by Theprimordialocker because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/10/13 by JAK because: Youtube code corection

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join