It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Is What Happens When Bigotry and Intolerance Is Promoted Nationaly.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
How do we know this video and this event even took place. It could be fake or "swamp gas"

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Cuervo

2ndthought
First, I'll assume you don't believe in God or creationism.

That's stupid assumption. Sorry, but it's just stupid. Assuming somebody doesn't believe in gods or conceptual creation just because they don't buy into your personal bigotry is just willful ignorance.

2ndthought
Having said that, I'll agree with another poster, in that gay sex is NOT natural. It's an act, ages old, brought on by degeneracy and the loss of moral values. Not to mention the subtle machinations of Satan.

Satan... well how do I argue with that? We have SATAN in the room, everybody! Freakin' Satan... my goodness.

2ndthought
I think you meant to say that social justice is not natural. It's something that's forced on the masses by an out of control government. Gay folks are not natural. Just like liberal loved abortion, it's a choice.

Being gay is just like abortions? Do you realize that being gay would prevent abortions? How would Satan's plans make sense if his two biggest agendas contradict each other?

If Satan wanted more abortions, wouldn't he hate homosexuals?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Obviously, reading comprehension isn't your strong suite. Being gay and having an abortion have nothing to do with each other, EXCEPT in the fact that they are both a CHOICE.

I notice you didn't quote the last small part of my post. Afraid to admit to the degeneracy of your community? Afraid to admit that your fellows make videos of their exploits? You wish to point to straight people attacking and raping gay men, point also to gays attacking and raping straight men.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   

2ndthought

Cuervo

2ndthought

That's stupid assumption. Sorry, but it's just stupid. Assuming somebody doesn't believe in gods or conceptual creation just because they don't buy into your personal bigotry is just willful ignorance.

2ndthought
Having said that, I'll agree with another poster, in that gay sex is NOT natural. It's an act, ages old, brought on by degeneracy and the loss of moral values. Not to mention the subtle machinations of Satan.

Satan... well how do I argue with that? We have SATAN in the room, everybody! Freakin' Satan... my goodness.

2ndthought
I think you meant to say that social justice is not natural. It's something that's forced on the masses by an out of control government. Gay folks are not natural. Just like liberal loved abortion, it's a choice.

Being gay is just like abortions? Do you realize that being gay would prevent abortions? How would Satan's plans make sense if his two biggest agendas contradict each other?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Obviously, reading comprehension isn't your strong suite. Being gay and having an abortion have nothing to do with each other, EXCEPT in the fact that they are both a CHOICE.

I notice you didn't quote the last small part of my post. Afraid to admit to the degeneracy of your community? Afraid to admit that your fellows make videos of their exploits? You wish to point to straight people attacking and raping gay men, point also to gays attacking and raping straight men.

I don't even...

You were the one to compare the two. Also, the part I left out, I left out for your benefit. I figured you were speaking out of emotion and weren't really like that. However, you reiterated it so I suppose that really is who you are.

I can't speak to your gay videos of men raping each other because I don't go looking for them. If you have some, good for you but it's not really a part of this conversation. Rape is rape.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   

suz62
reply to post by iwilliam

Since you have a reading comprehension issue, any reply would be pointless.

Right.... try to hide the fact that you have no valid response to my rather solid arguments, by falsely (and insultingly, I might add) claiming that I have problems with reading comprehension.

Aside from the fact that you're horrendously, laughably wrong (My scores in English, literature, etc in both high school and college were through the roof. I have scored in the top 2% nationally on standardized testing in these categories) it is a flimsy, see-through excuse.

You made some really terrible, hateful points. Either stand behind them, and argue your position, concede that you are wrong, or simply go away. Saying "nuh uh, iwilliam, you're just a big stupidhead..." is not going to convince anyone of anything. And it makes you look like a child.

Please do demonstrate which part of your post I failed to comprehend.

Or just leave it alone, and let me enjoy how terrified you are of engaging me in debate.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Bone75
reply to post by FlyersFan

After reading your article on bullying statistics, don't you think it would make more sense to focus on prevention just as much as social acceptance. What is so wrong with developing a prenatal treatment that prevents the child from becoming a homosexual?

Our government allocates $600M a year to breast cancer research. Why can't we do the same for homosexuality?
On the off chance you aren't a troll (you've made some unbelievably stupid posts in this thread so far counting this one):

Because it doesn't address the people who are bullying others for their sexual orientation. They aren't changed in this scenario, the people they're bullying are. This makes it out like homosexuals are the problem, and not the people bullying others for their sexual orientation. Also, your "logic" can be applied to just about every other instance where groups are being persecuted/bullied (ie Christians in the Middle East).

Needless to say, it's a terrible solution.

2ndthought

First, I'll assume you don't believe in God or creationism. Having said that, I'll agree with another poster, in that gay sex is NOT natural. It's an act, ages old, brought on by degeneracy and the loss of moral values. Not to mention the subtle machinations of Satan.
Except for the fact that it occurs in nature as evidenced by the multitude of animal species that contain homosexuality. Also, homosexuality isn't immoral. There's no valid arguments whatsoever that support that notion that homosexuality is immoral.
edit on 15-9-2013 by technical difficulties because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   

tothetenthpower
This is purely disgusting.

Please do not link to the video in question as it does violate the T&C.

Russian video reportedly shows gay student beaten and raped at gunpoint

A series of video clips currently making the rounds on the clip-sharing app WhatsApp purportedly shows an Uzbek student in Russia being forced at gunpoint to admit that he is gay, then being stripped, beaten and raped with a bottle by a gang of homophobic thugs. Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty reported that the videos show a terrified young man weeping as he is assaulted by the group of men.

RFE/RL said that the student was forced to identify himself and state that he is homosexual before the gang stripped him of his clothes and burned them. A man who claimed to be involved with the beating told RFE/RL’s Uzbek service that the student’s tormentors believed that they were punishing him for his own good.

I made a similar thread regarding LGBT youth being tortured and beaten by other thugs a few months back and people claimed it was an isolated incident. That violence against LGBT was rather unlikely in this scenario, because they were simply passing legislation based on values like marriage etc..

What a crock of crap.

If the state allows and actively promotes hatred versus a group of people, then people in return will act hateful towards that group. It's happened countless times, with countless groups and this sort of thing will only continue and get worse.

While Putin is busy telling Obama he should not attack Syria and playing 'peace maker' perhaps he should pay a little more close attention to what his own political party and people are encouraging among each other.

~Tenth

From your Headline I thought this was going to be a thread about Israel.. My Bad

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Cuervo

2ndthought

Cuervo

2ndthought

2ndthought

2ndthought

I don't even...

You were the one to compare the two. Also, the part I left out, I left out for your benefit. I figured you were speaking out of emotion and weren't really like that. However, you reiterated it so I suppose that really is who you are.

I can't speak to your gay videos of men raping each other because I don't go looking for them. If you have some, good for you but it's not really a part of this conversation. Rape is rape.

It again comes down to your lack of comprehension. I didn't compare the two as being like each other. I pointed out that they were both a choice.

As for the part that you left out. Brilliant words on your part. When you have no argument, attack the messenger, instead of the message. I have no gay videos. Yet they are part of this conversation. If you wish to attack straight men for beating/raping gays, you also have to acknowledge that gay men do the same to straight men.

The shoe hurts on your feet, don't they.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   

iwilliam[/I]

You know, there's this funny thing I do. When something comes on the television that I don't like... I change the channel or turn it off.

I know this is a radical idea, and it would obviously never work for someone who is completely weak-willed and/or addicted to television, but I assure you-- it prevents me almost 100% from watching things I don't want to see.

Its getting harder and harder to avoid gay content by simply changing the channel, and I do wind up just turning off the TV. I don't think I should have to do that. Maybe we could compromise with a "gay content" label in the rating system, but I have no doubt you would pitch a fit if anyone attempted to do such a thing.;

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   

2ndthought
If you wish to attack straight men for beating/raping gays, you also have to acknowledge that gay men do the same to straight men.

Who's condoning gay men raping straight dudes?! It was never brought up until you did. Of course it's wrong because it is rape... just like the one in the OP. Do you feel like we need to bring up "gay guys raping straight guys" every time the subject of rape comes up?

I mean I guess we could but it just seems kind of weird. Tell you what. I'll make sure to address the pandemic of gay guys raping straight dudes whenever I address you. Just for you!

2ndthought
The shoe hurts on your feet, don't they.

I have no idea what you are talking about. Is this about gay guys raping straight dudes again? Are those the shoes you are talking about? Rape victim shoes?

I guess you could just talk about my reading comprehension again but, really, I admit I have a hard time "comprehending" your posts.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Bone75

iwilliam

You know, there's this funny thing I do. When something comes on the television that I don't like... I change the channel or turn it off.

I know this is a radical idea, and it would obviously never work for someone who is completely weak-willed and/or addicted to television, but I assure you-- it prevents me almost 100% from watching things I don't want to see.

Its getting harder and harder to avoid gay content by simply changing the channel, and I do wind up just turning off the TV. I don't think I should have to do that. Maybe we could compromise with a "gay content" label in the rating system, but I have no doubt you would pitch a fit if anyone attempted to do such a thing.;

I'm detecting a pattern here. Your assumptive nature seems to poison your arguments.

And remember what they say about when you assume-- what happens to "u and me." Well... mostly you.

Actually, I think that's kind of a novel proposition you have. I'm sure there are some people out there who would be upset by something like that. I'm not one of them. I do think if that's something where a lot of people have a hard getting over their fear and prejudice then perhaps cable companies could cater to these customers by displaying a warning, like with violence, sexual content, etc.

(Of course, the counter-argument might be that this is equal to saying there is something "wrong" with homosexuality, that we need a warning.)

However, you did have one other somewhat valid point. Yes, it may be difficult to avoid-- entirely, at least. I guess that would depend on what you mean by "gay content." Is "gay content" simply an acknowledged gay person, or character on TV? That one could be pretty hard to avoid. That is because gay people are everywhere. If all shows on TV were 100% accurate and realistic, most shows would probably have some gay characters. You never saw this in the past, because sexual repression and hatred from homosexuals used to be far greater and more widespread... but we're sort of moving out of the modern Dark Ages... so not only are more homosexuals "coming out" in society, but they are being more accurately represented on television. And in this, we begin to see how ridiculous and self-centered your objections are. What are you going to do in real life to avoid them?

Unless you're a shut in, or a stay at home parent or something, I virtually guarantee you that you probably interact with a number of homosexuals on a daily basis. You just may not realize it, because they're not throwing it in your face. Of course, you still may see stuff you don't want to-- men holding hands, or kissing in public, as is their right. Are you going to make the whole world carry a homosexual warning? Are you going to tell gays that they have to behave differently than heteros on the street? Where does it end?

Or, you could just accept that it's not the plague, and you're not going to "catch it" by seeing it. (Unless you're a repressed closet case, in which case all bets are off on that one.) You may not approve, but that's life. I don't approve of, or like lots of things that other people do. But I don't try to claim they shouldn't do them just to make me happy. That would be egocentric, ridiculous, self-centered, and a whole long list of other nasty adjectives.

Back to TV... I'm not quite sure what shows you're watching. I don't watch a lot, myself, but I can't think of very many shows at all that glorify or glamorize gays, or a homosexual lifestyle. Maybe that "Queer eye for the straight guy" show or whatever. But would you really be watching that? I'd think you (and anyone like you) would know to avoid it from the title. What shows do you watch, that glorify homosexuality, or have featured graphic sex, or done anything other than featuring a homosexual character?

Anyway.... my original point still stands. If you don't like it on your television, you have some choices there. But you might as well get used to it, because if you don't like it IRL, you are a bit less limited-- and I don't think homosexuality is going anywhere, any time soon. You could always move to Russia.

edit on 15-9-2013 by iwilliam because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   

suz62

Cuervo

suz62
Some people are outraged by the failure of other humans to act as nature intended.

Nature did intend for a certain percentage of the population to be gay. Nature did not intend on humanity using their violence to dispense social "justice" towards others.

Social prejudice is not natural. Gay folks are.

I disagree. It is clear what nature intended by virtue of the design of the sexual organs. Procreation only occurs with a man and a woman. For whatever reason, gays don't follow the programming.
edit on 9/14/2013 by suz62 because: spelling

edit on 9/14/2013 by suz62 because: (no reason given)

Some species of male monkeys have a duel with their penises with lasts until they both climax. I think your idea of "programming" is mostly in your narrow head.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   

tothetenthpower
This is purely disgusting.

Please do not link to the video in question as it does violate the T&C.

Russian video reportedly shows gay student beaten and raped at gunpoint

A series of video clips currently making the rounds on the clip-sharing app WhatsApp purportedly shows an Uzbek student in Russia being forced at gunpoint to admit that he is gay, then being stripped, beaten and raped with a bottle by a gang of homophobic thugs. Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty reported that the videos show a terrified young man weeping as he is assaulted by the group of men.

RFE/RL said that the student was forced to identify himself and state that he is homosexual before the gang stripped him of his clothes and burned them. A man who claimed to be involved with the beating told RFE/RL’s Uzbek service that the student’s tormentors believed that they were punishing him for his own good.

I made a similar thread regarding LGBT youth being tortured and beaten by other thugs a few months back and people claimed it was an isolated incident. That violence against LGBT was rather unlikely in this scenario, because they were simply passing legislation based on values like marriage etc..

What a crock of crap.

If the state allows and actively promotes hatred versus a group of people, then people in return will act hateful towards that group. It's happened countless times, with countless groups and this sort of thing will only continue and get worse.

While Putin is busy telling Obama he should not attack Syria and playing 'peace maker' perhaps he should pay a little more close attention to what his own political party and people are encouraging among each other.

~Tenth

and perhaps we should pay attention to all the crap we have wrong at home. I am pretty sure we are still torturing people, detaining people for no reason other than being brown, spying on our own people, and drone striking people in other nations.. all the while being cool with saudi arabia and supporting other groups that like to kill homosexuals... and didn't the usa tell russia that torture and the death penalty was off the table for snowden to sweeten the deal to give him up.. so had he been caught before he skipped town he would have been tortured?? REALLY?

you are just butt hurt that putin zinged us and all you really have to nit pick is the homosexual deal.

tip for tap we have more crap to deal with than russia.

I for one thank him for peace keeping, cuz we sure as hell are not up to keep up the peace unless it is by the barrel of a gun.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Helious

Cuervo

Helious

Cuervo

suz62

Cuervo

suz62
Some people are outraged by the failure of other humans to act as nature intended.

Nature did intend for a certain percentage of the population to be gay. Nature did not intend on humanity using their violence to dispense social "justice" towards others.

Social prejudice is not natural. Gay folks are.

I disagree. It is clear what nature intended by virtue of the design of the sexual organs. Procreation only occurs with a man and a woman. For whatever reason, gays don't follow the programming.
edit on 9/14/2013 by suz62 because: spelling

edit on 9/14/2013 by suz62 because: (no reason given)

Procreation is not always favorable for the survival of a species. There are 1,500 species that exhibit homosexual behavior in nature. I'm pretty convinced that the ratio of gay to straight people fluctuates according to need. Just like certain species will change genders if there is a demand for it.

Our collective biological human subconscious is much smarter than you give it credit for.

You can debate the nature of social interactions within the human and animal world and how species interact with each other but please don't try to insinuate that nature intended a gay world. It's ludicrous and comes off as patently desperate.
edit on 14-9-2013 by Helious because: (no reason given)

What other definition of nature is there?! If it happens regularly in nature, it's not unnatural! Nature dictates its own rules, not religion or ignorance.

Your definition of natural and what that actually means in my opinion is lacking. Bipolar disorder is "natural" in origin, would it be ok to advocate for those that beat their spouses, abuse their children because of a "natural" condition?

Not that I mean to associate the two identically. You must understand that with humans, being gay is something completely different than in animals. Our brains are much more complex and while we can choose artificial insemination, breeding just to breed, the animals can not, gay animals or species die off in short order. Nature, does not intend species to be gay any more than it intends a calf to be born with 2 heads or people to be born at high risk of cancer.

Seems like a harsh comparison? It's not. Believe what you want about my moral character, it makes no difference to me or the argument I present. I will go so far as to say that in animals being homosexual on occasion is probably normal, there are multiple reasons for this but to be homesexual by nature is a defect when solely relating to animals as they will not be able to reproduce and thus, die off.

The argument as it pertains to humans obviously is not one in a truly "natural" sense as we can transcend nature these days, can't we. It then becomes some moral issue that as of late is forced upon us. Your assertion that homosexuality and all that, that culture, way of life and acceptance of is nothing more than nature running it's course is offensive to science, evolution and my general sense of accountability.

There are arguments you could make, this isn't a good one.
edit on 14-9-2013 by Helious because: (no reason given)

Yeah I think you sunk yourself with "our brains are much more complex." It's true, they are, very complex - except yours of course. Human behavior, psychology, sexuality is far too varied and complex to exist solely for the the purpose of reproduction. Look at the penis, urine comes out of it, that's one function - and then there' s the other function we all know about. More than one thing can happen with any given trait a human has.

I know you're "against" the OP video etc., but ya tick me off anyway because whether your'e against it or not, it's attitudes just like yours that are partially behind the OP video to begin with.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I've always thought that bigotry is pretty laughable, particularly against homosexuals.

I want someone to tell me a solid reason as to why there shouldn't be any gay people. And don't bring religion into it, religion has never been very reliable throughout the years, just crack open a history book. And don't bring up the classic "They spread STD's quicker" Which isn't even true, it's actually pretty stereotypical to assume gay people are going to get an STD, specifically gay men, and most notably the STD "aids."

So, I will just wait on a reason as to how gay people effect other peoples lives negatively, other than the fact that it's prohibited in some religions, and the "They transmit STD's faster than heterosexuals."

I've known gay people, and I have some in my family. Their just like anyone else. Most of them are christians actually surprisingly. The way I see it, is I compare a gay person to some one who is left handed. Sure, they may be the large minority, but people a born with certain preferences upon birth. People have preferences towards many things.

But I'm going to back up a bit, and talk about homosexuality and religion. First of all, religions pride themselves on how they say they make the world more "morale" yet some people openly display hatred towards a certain group of people? I don't care what god you worship, if I were to believe in a god, I would think that he/she/it would in no way promote hatred, unless of course he/she/it was in fact evil.

I always find it funny how bible thumpers in particular say that gay marriage destroys the "sanctity" of marriage. So you mean to tell me, I can go to Vegas, get wasted out of my mind, and wake up the next day and find out I had married some strange lady the night before, and it's all fine and dandy. Yet when two gay people who actually care for each other are prohibited to do it? (in most regions and laws.)

About half the traditional marriages in America end in divorce. People must not care much about the "sanctity" of marriage much then. Since it the marriage ceremony, it includes "till death do you part" Which means your SUPPOSED to stay married until DEATH. Not just have a quick fling and end it whenever you please, and go do it again. Pretty hypocritical if you ask me.

And somewhat recently, there's been debate as to weather or not gay people should be able to adopt. People are under the impression that because both parents are gay that they may follow suit. So firstly, if that were the case, then why are their gay people in the first place? Heterosexuals are needed to make children, so obviously it's obvious to assume gay people are raised by a mother and father. So that argument is pretty pointless. And on top of that, there are plenty of straight parents around that aren't even fit to be parents. I've witnessed such parents first hand. And me personally, didn't even grow up with a mother around. Anyone who wants to be a parent should be responsible and actually should be able to provide a stable household. It's been shown that households with a missing parent, especially a father can drastically alter a child. So who cares if their two women or two men? As long as they can provide a good life for the kid then have at it.

The homophobia is getting old. It's the same broken record babbling every time. All the hatred is getting old actually. Humans have had civilizations for thousands of years, and were still stuck on square one when it comes to respect and bigotry. I really don't understand it. But then again I really don't understand how much of how our world is anymore. Everywhere you turn something is screwed up. I guess one negative thing just infests into another thing and next thing you know there's an epidemic. And people begin to think that's "the way it is." Maybe things will never change. I hope people will begin to actually look around and notice that something is horribly wrong with our world soon. Because it's just getting worse and worse. Somethings got to give.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   
WHAT?!

That makes no sense! You're gay, and to prove it I'm going to sexually molest you!

I'm what what most would call a redneck uneducated half illiterate, can't spell or form a proper sentence. But I know stupid when I see it.

I use to wonder how I'd react if a gay guy hit on me, and it happened one night, I was even drunk at the time, the guy tried to talk me into bed like I would try to talk a drunk chick into bed. I honestly never got mad, I even saw him the next day, and we joked about his drunken come on's no harm no foul, I say.

To hate someone so much for their sexuality is as stupid as hating someone for their race.

Also to be honest I was kinda a little bit flattered, lot of guys there, and I was the hottest one!
That or I just come off as gay who knows.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   

2ndthought
reply to post by Khaleesi

A star and a thank you for your sound reasoning.

And a question/comment, pertaining to marriage. Aren't civil unions meant to cover all those rights that you mention? As I understand it, and considering the fact that I believe in traditional marriage being between a man and woman, civil unions were created to accommodate those rights. I believe the 'gay agenda' that you mentioned is alive in the community, and it's a purposeful attack on straight people/couples. And an assault on society as a whole, with the added benefit of lessening the viability of Christianity.

I really don't want to derail the thread but, I will answer as well as I am able. I don't pretend to understand all the reasoning behind the LGBT's agenda. In that regard, I guess you could say there is an agenda. Yes, I believe Civil Unions would cover the rights mentioned. I also believe in religious freedom. I would be perfectly happy with a Civil Union but, I don't believe any religious institution should be forced to participate. Frankly, within the gay community I am shunned for the most part because I believe in God and am considered to be 'conservative'. Some may think 'gay conservative' is an oxymoron but there are quite a few of us. There certainly is a moral decline in society as a whole. My personal belief is that this has nothing to do with the 'gay agenda'. Plenty of straight couples have been getting divorced for years with no need to place the blame at the feet of homosexuality. There are plenty of pros and cons to the argument that 'normalizing' gayness in society is causing that decline. Personally, I think a lack of compassion and willingness to treat people with polite respect is the root of that problem.

I think most gays would be happy if they were left alone. Don't beat me up. Don't try to kill me. Let my partner be considered family. Don't fire me because I'm gay, etc. For those that don't like the Gay Parades ... hey I'm right there with ya! I think some of the behavior is disgusting. Frankly I don't want to see half naked people snogging each other in public, gay or straight. Show some respect for yourselves and others especially children that REALLY don't need to see that.

ETA The main problem is that since Civil Unions are not recognized by the Federal Govt. these rights are not afforded to gay couples. I can not cover my partner with my Health insurance etc. So a lot of those rights are not given to gays.
edit on 16-9-2013 by Khaleesi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Hoosierdaddy71
I can't believe this thread. The communist don't give a damn what you think about gays.
They also don't treat gays any worse that the Arabs treat woman. Yes I know thats not right either.
You have freedoms of speech and expression, they don't.

I may have just read this wrong, but did you just imply that modern russia is communist or...? I also might add that the soviet union wasn't communist either (though you could argue it was pretty close until Stalin came into power) and that most modern communists/socialists/ect. are all for gay rights and equality of all sexes, races, sexual orientations, ect.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Khaleesi

Yeah the flamboyant parader types have really caused a lot of stereotypes to arise, and in my opinion, are almost a cancer to the LGBT community. They've really helped encourage those types of myths like the one that if someone is gay and adopts a child, that child is going to get sodomized (even though I've never ever heard of a child adopted by gay parents being abused, most of the stories I heard are very positive.) A big problem with American society is not that some people are disgusted by gay pride parades, but that some people would be disgusted by a straight pride parade, which does seem a bit useless as a lot of gay pride parades are advocating equal rights (even though they discourage the cause quite often) but still, it just shows how many people who say they're for equal rights are actually quite hypocritical.
edit on 16-9-2013 by kenpachi7 because: Typo's

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Here I go about to attract more hostile fire again but...

I think I would rather kids see a pair of shirtless men (or women) kissing by a bus stop than being exposed to video footage of children being blown apart by helicopter gunships and then hearing the pilot's callously joke about the lives they've just ended as if they we're watching a sitcom.
I'd rather they see Frank & Bill dressed up for Caribana than have kids watching some degenerate soldiers laughing hysterically while they throw puppies off a cliff and film it because they were bored.
What is acceptable and what isn't is simply an opinion and opinions can be wrong.
But thats just me and what do I know.

-Peace-
edit on 16-9-2013 by Eryiedes because: I can

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Eryiedes
Here I go about to attract more hostile fire again but...

I think I would rather kids see a pair of shirtless men (or women) kissing by a bus stop than being exposed to video footage of children being blown apart by helicopter gunships and then hearing the pilot's callously joke about the lives they've just ended as if they we're watching a sitcom.
I'd rather they see Frank & Bill dressed up for Caribana than have kids watching some degenerate soldiers laughing hysterically while they throw puppies off a cliff and film it because they were bored.
What is acceptable and what isn't is simply an opinion and opinions can be wrong.
But thats just me and what do I know.

-Peace-
edit on 16-9-2013 by Eryiedes because: I can

I would rather children be allowed to be children. Not sexualized at an early age OR exposed to violence. As society stands today, little girls are encouraged to dress like hookers at a VERY young age. Don't even get me started on violent video games. Sheesh. I'd rather they not see either, but that's just me.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join