It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Casey Anthony to Answer Questions Under Oath at Last

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   

(Newser) – Casey Anthony will soon have to answer questions about the fate of her daughter under oath for the first time.

Finally!

An attorney for Zenaida Gonzalez, who is pursuing a defamation suit against Anthony, plans to deposition Anthony next month, he confirmed today. Anthony won't be allowed to plead the Fifth, either, he pointed out, because her appeals have been resolved. "We look forward to getting answers to questions we have had for a very long time," he tells the Orlando Sentinel.

She'll still lie - but...

The deposition is scheduled for Oct. 9, and the lawyer said he sees no potential obstacle to it occurring. Gonzalez is suing Anthony because she initially told police that Caylee Anthony had been kidnapped by a nanny named Zenaida Fernandez-Gonzalez. That nanny never existed, police concluded, but Gonzalez says her similar name made her the target of suspicion.

I’m looking forward to it. I am. I know it’s fruitless - but I want to see her put to questions.

peace

edit on 14-9-2013 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
What kind of questions could they have for her? You mean it's not normal to go looking for your missing child at a wet t shirt contest?

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

What kind of questions could they have for her? You mean it's not normal to go looking for your missing child at a wet t shirt contest?

That's part of what I'm looking forward to - just WHAT are they going to ask her?

peace

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I would like to ask her why.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by InkontinentiaBouquet

I would like to ask her why.

I could choke on all the 'whys' I'd like to ask and get an answer to.
I'm still disturbed by this 'case' - though I loath calling the loss of a lovely little girl in such a horrific way 'case'.

But - I admit it.

Between the questions I'll probably never hear answered from this mother? There's all the questions about Little Lisa too.

But that's for another thread.

peace

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Casey Anthony To Be Questioned In Daughter's Disappearance In Defamation Lawsuit

ORLANDO, Fla. — An attorney says he will take Casey Anthony's deposition as part of a defamation lawsuit his client has filed against the Florida woman acquitted two years ago of her daughter's slaying.

Zenaida Fernandez-Gonzalez claims she was defamed when Anthony told detectives that a baby sitter named Zenaida Fernandez-Gonzalez had kidnapped her 2-year-old daughter Caylee. The detectives were investigating the girl's 2008 disappearance.

Her body was found later and Casey Anthony was charged.

Hurry up and wait... The deposition's scheduled for Oct.

peace

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Every body knows she killed caylee.what i am po about is the jury and the verdict,what mother doesn't report a 2 year old missing for 31 days and lies about a nanny was that jury blind,she will burn in hell one day,she might have got off with the jury but not with God

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I think she is a true sociopath. I know it is a terrible thing to say but sometimes I think little Caylee was 'lucky' in that she does not have to endure a full lifetimes torture and truama at the hands of this beast.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
to my last breath, i will never understand on how that jury did not convict her. daughter goes missing, mommy goes partying couple of days after. lie after lie told to the police. not reporting her missing for 31 days. those bizarre searches that were found on her computer about how to kill. cadaver dogs sniff out spot in back yard and grand ma's trunk. blood found in grand ma's trunk.

what more did they need? a photo of her strangling her? people have been found guilty on even less evidence.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by blackthorne

to my last breath, i will never understand on how that jury did not convict her.

My sentiments exactly. I cannot - I just can not wrap my head around it either.
All the lies. All the pure BS. All the - well - you know.

So, not that I’m expecting much - but I still want to hear her answer(s) when forced to comply.

I know - it’s not much but it’s something. A little something.

peace

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Aside from a legal formality this will change nothing. No more truth will come out of the woman, in fact I believe the added stress of " under oath " status will cause her to create new " truths" or lies what ever you want to call them.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I think it will be, as already said, fruitless. She is a monster and any lies that come out of her mouth at this deposition won't be heard by me. Not worth my time.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I live in FL and this case was a circus there was even talk that she was recently living where I use to live in Brevard County. I worked with a girl who lived in the same neighborhood as her parents and she said it was ridiculous how bad the roads were blocked with people with signs outside Casey's parents house.

I am willing to bet that if the media specifically Nancy Grace (oh how i dislike that woman) and HLN didn't turn it into some sick celeb circus she would have been found guilty on something. I mean HOW is she not found guilty for neglect of some kind for NOT reporting her child missing all the while out partying it up in the bars.

If it was an accident then she should have come forward and dealt with it but I think she tried to make her sleep by covering her mouth with something and she died from it. I also think her parents know what happened and covered it up for her.

I didn't follow the case day to day and it was hard to get away from it here because it was local news so it was ALWAYS on.

I doubt she will say any truth as to what happened, she got away with murder. Her conscience will get to her one day.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   

silo13

(Newser) – Casey Anthony will soon have to answer questions about the fate of her daughter under oath for the first time.

Finally!

An attorney for Zenaida Gonzalez, who is pursuing a defamation suit against Anthony, plans to deposition Anthony next month, he confirmed today. Anthony won't be allowed to plead the Fifth, either, he pointed out, because her appeals have been resolved. "We look forward to getting answers to questions we have had for a very long time," he tells the Orlando Sentinel.

She'll still lie - but...

The deposition is scheduled for Oct. 9, and the lawyer said he sees no potential obstacle to it occurring. Gonzalez is suing Anthony because she initially told police that Caylee Anthony had been kidnapped by a nanny named Zenaida Fernandez-Gonzalez. That nanny never existed, police concluded, but Gonzalez says her similar name made her the target of suspicion.

I’m looking forward to it. I am. I know it’s fruitless - but I want to see her put to questions.

peace

edit on 14-9-2013 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

You seem really, really excited about this. Maybe you might tell us why this is so important to your personally. In find it helpful if I can understand why something like this excites someone so much.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I personally think Casey is innocent of murder and the court did its job. She was overcharged with ludicrous evidence (having the jury smelling the air in a jar?!) just as Zimmerman was.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

She wasn't found guilty of those things because those charges aline wouldve created reasonable doubt for the murder charges. They waaay overcharged her. I think she probably left the girl in a hot car or somehow the girl died and fearing a latge prison sentence from horror stories her cop father told her. Then she disposed of the body. Maybe even informing her father first.

Either way.. I don't think she committed murder.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

so, what kind of woman goes partying a couple of days after the death of a daughter, even if it were an accident?

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   
I wanna know why this is gonna happen?
She can't go to jail now, even if she said she did it, double jeopardy prevents this.
A civil suit won't send her go jail...

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 05:21 AM
link   
She's a sociopath so even if she's under oath she' lie. And even if it came out that she killed her child, she's been found 'innocent' so nothing can come of it. They can't put her on trial again.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   

FlyersFan
She's a sociopath so even if she's under oath she' lie. And even if it came out that she killed her child, she's been found 'innocent' so nothing can come of it. They can't put her on trial again.

Correct, they can't try her for murder now. However they can for perjury, depriving Caylee of her civil rights, obstruction of justice, illegal disposal of a corpse, etc. Casey Anthony still has to watch what she says, or she's going to jail.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join