It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meter Maids: Do I Need To Make This Title Longer or Do You See Where I'm Going With This?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
In preparation for a follow up thread coming soon, I thought I would give everyone an idea of what Bostonians think of the public servants known as "meter maids".

Meter maid case is settled

Here are some insightful reviews from some of our more eloquent citizens. Enjoy!

Boston Meter Maid Reviews on Yelp

So let me get this straight.

I have 21 days to pay my ticket without a late fee.
But YOU have 30 days to submit tickets to your office.

So basically, when I go online on day 20 to pay my bill technically "on time" and you hadn't submitted the ticket yet, you basically f*cked me out of 15 bucks as the ticket wasn't registered in the system.

I understand the purpose of your job, but not the rationale of your policies.

I motioned to my fiance to take the ticket off the car.  I was also uttering George Carlin's 7 Dirty Words.

$hit, piss, *uc!, &unt, c*ocks*cker, m%th%rf*cker, and tits.  I can say tits, right?  Oh, and piss. Well then, TITS and PISS!  PISS and TITS!

Bottom line, Hacks:
 Post proper signage.

Of course, I'll pay the 25 beans that you oh so desperately need. But, can I designate that my hard earned cash go towards FIXING the potholes that are rampant?

That is all.

Regards,
Melissa M.

P.S . You can suck it!

Here's the job description: 

Monitor parking meters.  Keep eyes peeled for drivers who pull into spots with 0:00 left on the meter.  Watch them as they frustratingly scrounge around their car for five to ten minutes looking for a quarter or anything that could possibly pass as a quarter. Start writing up the ticket.  Watch the driver get out of their car, pull a dollar bill out of their wallet and wave it frantically around as they desperately look for a store that provides change.  As they awkwardly run into the store that will probably provide them with quarters, run over and issue the ticket so they have no chance at catching you.  Run away before they have the chance to argue the ticket.  Find next victim. Repeat.

The ticket bitch came over to my car after I had already gotten in it to scribble out a quick ticket before I pulled out!

Thanks, douche.

Sorry, I believe I may have left my lady-like mouth at home today.

you instill animosity in my heart.

Boston Parking Police - I hate you!

All comments are welcome. I encourage everyone to look up your own local reviews and post them for our mutual benefit. Have fun with it!

edit on 13-9-2013 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
LOL...."meter maids".

I live in a town without any real parking rules. You will see people pulled up at random angles in front of buildings, on vacant lots....everywhere that a car can get to feasibly. If you aren't smart, you can get blocked in for hours at a big event.

And I wouldn't have it any other way. You city folks keep your meter maids.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Meter Maids cost more to employ than they generate in revenue*

*fabricated data that is probably true but, who cares, it's time for them to go

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by greencmp

There used to be a Meter Maid in the town where I grew up.

Until. .. . He was caught with like $20,000 in nickels, dimes, and quarters in his garage.

Then he was fired.

There was No More Meter Maid because they eliminated the meters directly there after.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadellacZumbrum

Awesome! That's what we all have to do.

I think it is possible, nay, necessary.

We have endemic corruption here in Boston and all over Taxachussetts.

MBTA retiree accused of skimming $40,700
Snatched coins, tokens, police say

Keep in mind, this was a lengthy sting operation using extensive resources to get a little old retiree. Each cop here makes $200,000 per year not counting bribes and whatever other sundry ill-gotten gains we cannot imagine.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by greencmp

Well, where I come from the Meter Maid's are there to help you!

Aaaaaaand, they look a whole lot different I"m guessing!

Meter Maids - Surfers Paradise

Yes?

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by samuel1990

I was going to include the metermaids.com site but, it just didn't work with what I'm going for here.

But thanks, I knew someone would bring it up!

new topics

top topics

join