It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery Figure Haunting the Swiss Woods for Over a Decade.....Who is He??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
A mysterious person has been photographed for the first time after apparently wandering around a patch of woodland for the past 10 years...

The figure, who is known as ‘Le Loyon’ and has been called Switzerland’s answer to the Loch Ness Monster, wears a military uniform and a thick cloak, with a gas mask covering his or her face...

While he does not seem to be obviously aggressive or dangerous, police are hoping to speak to Le Loyon in an effort to encourage him to be less threatening...

Tales of Le Loyon have been reported in the woods of Maules in western Switzerland for the past decade, apparently walking the same route every day dressed in a military uniform with a gas mask covering his face...

Link to story..
www.dailymail.co.uk...

However, there was no evidence of his existence until local news website Le Matin published the first known photograph of the mystery man last month, and now police are trying to track him down. But is it for real?

A local resident, Marianne Descloux of Maules, said she also saw him: "It was a rainy Sunday. He had on a cap, a dark cloak and gas mask. What goes on in his head? I don't know. It was unpleasant. I hope I never run into him again."

The figure was also reportedly spotted clutching what appeared to be a bunch of flowers...

"Families simply won't go into the forest any more," a farmer said...

Police want to speak to Le Loyon to ask him to be less threatening, although he's shown no signs of aggressive behaviour...

Some believe he could be suffering from a nasty skin condition, is mentally ill or a hermit.

So what do you think, is it a hoax?

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I think its a hoax. The photo looks shopped to me....but what do i know.

If he is real....just leave him be. Its obvious that he wants to be isolated, otherwise he would come to someone.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   

davethebear
for the past decade, apparently walking the same route every day
and now police are trying to track him down.

So let me get this straight.
A man walks the same route, every day, for 10 years... and the police cant find him?

Something about this doesnt make sense.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

shaneslaughta
I think its a hoax. The photo looks shopped to me....but what do i know.

If he is real....just leave him be. Its obvious that he wants to be isolated, otherwise he would come to someone.

Yeah, I agree totally, obviously he/she hasn't done any harm to anyone, so leave the person alone....

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by davethebear

All I see is a regular guy walking in a camouflage poncho, photographed from behind. He could just be mental.. I'd not be messing with him..
edit on 9/12/2013 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   

alfa1

davethebear
for the past decade, apparently walking the same route every day
and now police are trying to track him down.

So let me get this straight.
A man walks the same route, every day, for 10 years... and the police cant find him?

Something about this doesnt make sense.

Mmm, I couldn't understand that bit either. You wouldn't think he would be very hard to find if he does the same route every day and has done so for the last 10 years. Something does sound a bit odd to me, maybe something will come to light now that the person/story has had some media coverage......

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   

miniatus

All I see is a regular guy walking in a camouflage poncho, photographed from behind. He could just be mental.. I'd not be messing with him..

Well that's it, we only have that one photo to go along with. You would think that at least one person would have some guts to actually talk to the camouflaged poncho person and maybe find out who they are etc.....

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Wait so he walks the same path everyday, so can't they just wait on the path and catch him? It's kind of obvious

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Oh sorry thats me dave lol...Seriously though. Looks like someone from world war one

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   

TheDoctor46

Oh sorry thats me dave lol...Seriously though. Looks like someone from world war one

Yeah, maybe he is a ghost from 1st World War, you never know

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   

davethebear

miniatus

Well that's it, we only have that one photo to go along with. You would think that at least one person would have some guts to actually talk to the camouflaged poncho person and maybe find out who they are etc.....

Agreed... as for people not being able to find him, perhaps he doesn't want to be found.. he's in cammo after all.. if he thinks someone is near, all he has to do lay on the ground in a grassy area and he probably wouldn't be noticed.. He also may not come out that often.. I think the bigger mystery is why he'd be running around with a gas mask .. unfortunately it can't be known if that part of this is even true since we only see him from behind.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   

While he does not seem to be obviously aggressive or dangerous, police are hoping to speak to Le Loyon in an effort to encourage him to be less threatening...

Translation:
"Though he hasn't done anything wrong, police would like to beat his ass so he knows who is in charge."

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   

miniatus

davethebear

miniatus

Agreed... as for people not being able to find him, perhaps he doesn't want to be found.. he's in cammo after all.. if he thinks someone is near, all he has to do lay on the ground in a grassy area and he probably wouldn't be noticed.. He also may not come out that often.. I think the bigger mystery is why he'd be running around with a gas mask .. unfortunately it can't be known if that part of this is even true since we only see him from behind.

did you read the article??? he has been walking that path every day for 10 years!!!!how hard can it be to find him????

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   

greencmp

"While he does not seem to be obviously aggressive or dangerous, police are hoping to speak to Le Loyon in an effort to encourage him to be less threatening..."

Translation:
"Though he hasn't done anything wrong, police would like to beat his ass so he knows who is in charge."

It's Switzerland not the US...

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Dumbass

greencmp

"While he does not seem to be obviously aggressive or dangerous, police are hoping to speak to Le Loyon in an effort to encourage him to be less threatening..."

Translation:

Same thing I was thinking .. But seriously, don't you think it's at least a little bit worrying? Of course he could be just some harmless dude - but on the otherside he is mentally ill and has a lot of guns? Who knows, I don't think it's a bad idea to find out who this guy is.

If bet if people knew that he's not dangerous, they would have no problem with him wandering in the woods.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Danowski

Dumbass

greencmp

Translation:

Same thing I was thinking .. But seriously, don't you think it's at least a little bit worrying? Of course he could be just some harmless dude - but on the otherside he is mentally ill and has a lot of guns? Who knows, I don't think it's a bad idea to find out who this guy is.

If bet if people knew that he's not dangerous, they would have no problem with him wandering in the woods.

Uhmm yes and no. I think its worrying that in over 10 years that he is seen nobody said "hi" to him or waved at him to get a response.

Lol they even compared this character with lochness' Nessie.

I think a neighbour that is smiling to your face while hiding some true gore in his basement is farbmore dangerous then a person living in solitude.
edit on 23-9-2013 by Dumbass because: (no reason given)

top topics

join