It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vladimir Putin Addresses America In NYT

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan
THIS

My working and personal relationship with President Obama is marked by growing trust. I appreciate this. I carefully studied his address to the nation on Tuesday. And I would rather disagree with a case he made on American exceptionalism, stating that the United States’ policy is “what makes America different. It’s what makes us exceptional.” It is extremely dangerous to encourage people to see themselves as exceptional, whatever the motivation. There are big countries and small countries, rich and poor, those with long democratic traditions and those still finding their way to democracy. Their policies differ, too. We are all different, but when we ask for the Lord’s blessings, we must not forget that God created us equal.

This coming from a man that has now made it illegal to be gay.. Who'd of thunk!

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Ormuz
Hi guys,

would i be stretching it if this is something, deliberate ?

I'm not so sure I'm as happy as the rest of the guys posting to this thread and ill explain why.

consider this,

what if the USA is playing bad cop and Russia is playing good cop?

what if Israel and the rest of the cronies know that Syria would jump in and "help a brother out" if anything preemptive happened to Iran.

perhaps Israel has a counter for a nuke strike, but they cant or couldn't counter a chemical strike?

what if this is some extravagant idea to disarm Syria of its chemical cache, only to pave the clear way for a possible preemptive strike or .. false flag .. on Iran?

I dont know guys, while i think it is a good thing that America doesn't get involved within Syria for whatever reason, perhaps Vladimir Putin is just playing into their game by disarming the one thing that scares the crap out of the cronies trying to push their way into Iran.

but then one other thing comes to mind, what if America / cronies are bent on going in and this stops or stalls them, the idea of a false flag / pearl harbor event to encourage millions of Americans to justify the new cause bends my head ..

*shrugs* just random food for thought, perhaps I'm completely wrong ..

My reply begins (was not separated out when posted - all blended into one post).

I think your last scenario is viable. I've written this before so sorry to be repetitive but Obama wanted to shoot first and ask questions later. It fell through for him. The whole thing made no sense so people started to question it. His chance was missed but if another arises it will confirm what my gut is saying.

Something else happens/offers aren't good enough = get congress to say yes = strike = increased terrorism on US citizens = justification for Obama to call them an imminent threat and go beyond a limited strike = disable all of Syria and get control of where pipeline will go and whatever else is making force the first option. Also gets to be right (you all should have listened to me the first time). Also gets total power to do what he wants with the military. Helps his political and financial agenda.

I may be totally off base but I also feel unsettled about this.

Muzz

edit on 13-9-2013 by Dianec because: To clarify where my reply begins.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   

WhiteAlice
reply to post by Indigo5

Thank you. You are absolutely correct in your assessment of my responses. People just aren't used to that, I think, because it's not typical. I'm a high functioning autistic (for comparison's sake, I score 42 on the autism quotient as friends love to use me as a test to see if the AQ is accurate) with a near eidetic memory and high spatial ability. It's a pain in the arse. If you ever want to mess with me, use a ton of slang.

I took the AQ test online once and scored 27..which actually aligns with my own perception of where I would fall. No idea if it was accurate. I have an aptitude for math and science, but not a "gift". I strongly prefer literal conversations but can function "fine" in the more vague/emotional realm...it just takes effort. At the end of a long day I often tell my wife to please speak plainly and say what she means, because I have no energy left to read beyond her actual words
I sometimes repeat her words back to her verbatim and explain the simple literal meanings of what she is saying...that doesn't go over well. I also have fashion issues, at least according to my wife
For me a shirt works more or less as long as it doesn't have holes?

I read an article that incidents of Autism are significantly higher for children or even grandchildren of people with Phd's and/or backgrounds in Engineering or Math. Studies have shown oversized populations of Autistic children in or near campuses of Berkeley and MIT and other well known engineering schools. If I had to venture a guess, either your father was/is an Engineer or your Grandfather or both...And I would peg you as a Software Engineer?

On Topic...

PUTIN: The United Nations’ founders understood that decisions affecting war and peace should happen only by consensus, and with America’s consent the veto by Security Council permanent members was enshrined in the United Nations Charter. The profound wisdom of this has underpinned the stability of international relations for decades.

The point that in which I agree with Putin on is in regards to international law. Basically, the United Nations was formed with one of its intents being in the hopes to avoid another world war. It established international laws in regards to war and their justifications as well as required the need for approval. The United States is one of the five permanent members of the UN Security Council and, in a sense, are one of the UN's leaders. If the leadership of any entity does not abide by the rules or laws that the entity requires of all within it, then it basically undermines both the laws' force and the entity, itself.

Good point. I might argue that the UN Security Council flawed by design.

There are 15 members on the United nations Security Council.

5 Members have "Veto Power" able to over-rule the other 14 members in any resolutions, sanctions, military action etc.
China, France, Russia, the United Kingdom, and the United States

There is no recourse for this Veto...no 2/3rds majority as we require in Congress to over-rule a Presidential veto.

And any court of justice is structured without the "veto" caveat for good reason. It is either a majority of a panel of judges or a Jury decision.

So why would such a critical deliberative panel as the United Nations Security council allow any country to single-handedly prohibit the United Nations from taking action or even passing resolutions?

For that matter, why does it afford 5 countries absolute veto?

I think that there is an argument to be made that such a deliberative system meant to serve all nations, but placing absolute power in the hands of a few is fundamentally flawed?
edit on 13-9-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
(Popping my cherry here so please be gentle.)

IMHO only, while on the surface it appears as if Putin is attempting to avert WWIII, the only thought that crosses my mind is that at the end of the day "he's a career politician"...just like Mister Soetoro or Assad and is no more deserving of my trust or confidence than they are.
No matter what his intentions, I am fairly certain Vlad is not making these decisions with MY best interests (or anyone elses) at heart other than those of his masters. Just like every other politician that currently breathes air, Mister P was bought and paid for long ago.
I do agree with the videoclip from Syrian Girl, in that the U.N. is attempting to dispose of Syria's WMD's as a precursor to invasion as was the case with Libya and Iraq.
I do find it curious that Syria was on Wesley's list of 7-8 countries without a "central bank" (as of the year 2000) and that almost every single country mentioned on that list has had an "arab spring" and at some point, openly advocated a return to the gold standard.
IMHO the powers that be simply can NOT let something like that stand unopposed.
Regardless of all the posturing and bluster, it's starting to look to me like an elaborate game of "good cop-bad cop"...but what do I know.

-Peace-

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
America is exceptional. We have been for a long time.

Putin forgot to thank us for his Ipod, his car, his laptop, his refrigerator, his jeans, his central air, his telephone, his wireless internet....and on and on and on.

America's inventiveness and creativity and contribution to this world goes unheralded a lot of the time.

Our system of capitalism has encouraged creativity and inventiveness, and that cannot be disputed.

I'm sorry our government has gone so downhill---and that TPTB have directed the course of events in untoward ways.

But I'm proud of what this country has accomplished.

I'm just not proud of what we stand for anymore.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Eryiedes

all right somebody is not sleeping in class... (star 4 you)
yes indeed Syria is on that list of 7 nations without the classic, western model of central banking that uses the Rothschild (Mabus) fractional reserve principals and debt/interest (Usury) practice... i imagine that Syria would be quick in-line to support and be a member of the Iranian Trade Swaps & energy for gold deals that bypass the Petro-Dollar & USD~ still another reason to do a Regime Change there in Syria after sequestering their gold bullion !

but now the meat of my post... the Vlad Putin snipe at the 'American Exceptionalism' mindset

i think Putin is trying to express that this supposed 'Exceptionalism' or being SPECIAL is something the world can do without...

because each indepent sect of the various Rebel fighters ALSO considers Themselves as being Exceptional...
that is one reason that these fanatics are so ruthless on the innocent & non=combatant populations(rival sects of Islam in most cases or 'those vial Christians')...
because they AQ/al-Nusra are completely programmed to believe that theirs is an `Exceptional Cause being carried out by Exceptional Servants (to Allah)

Putin is trying to humble the hubris, in a world that wears blinders... and the arrogance of Americans is a start... wait till he starts pointing out the illogic & hubris and inflated egos of the Radical Forces comprising the terrorist FSA being armed & funded by the USA/CIA/SAUDIs/QATAR/ others
Putin is making the first statements to confront the American exceptionalism, the Saudi Royalty. etc etc
edit on 13-9-2013 by St Udio because: i get very little right the 1st time

reply to post by MRuss

individuals made/invented/produced all those things you mentioned... the government or the Nation did-not-builf-it = contrary to the Øbama BS logic that you did not buid it... the government did
sure a lot of good things came from America-- the Peace Corps is on that short list

but inventors, merchants, investors used industrial capitalism to have progress happen...but after WW2 the finance capitalism tsunami swept away that type of gestalt or Zeitgeist... now it iis vulture capitalism, croney capitaliam and debt in exponential ammounts covered by fraudulent derivatives that is the new normal

thanks

edit on 13-9-2013 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-9-2013 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   

We stood against each other during the cold war. But we were also allies once, and defeated the Nazis together.
reply to post by earthling42

Strange and rather ironic comment by Putin given remarks about the UK.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   

MRuss

Maybe. But the flaw in your thinking is the "we" that you use.

fact is - there is no useful, meaningful "we" in the US.

"We" did not attack Iraq, Afghanistan, or Syria.

Some dudes in DC and London did that.

"We" didn't invent anything.

"We" is a political fiction.

what do you and the other half million folks in your home town have in common besides a few external, demographic details? Do you decide things in common? Do you meet to discuss policy or the future of your town?

Nope.

We are residents, not citizens in any meaningful way.

It is only those with BIG money who are part of the "we" that is the US in it's policy functions.

See: George Carlin:

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Ol' rootin-tootin Injun-shootin Putin is but a player in the existing corrupt-by-definition political world; probably no one from this master-slave system would measure up in a truly civilized enough world. All hail the world's homophobe supreme!

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

VoidHawk
What if, they're all in this together (Obama and Putin) and the world is being played!

What if, Russia and America were threatening each other! Would we all start crapping ourselves and beg our leaders to protect us?

I think its all a game.

I'm suspicious.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I live in a Spanish speaking country and when I read "this" post I thought I lost my ability to read and comprehend English. The Nobel Peace Prize holding president, was prepared to bypass the UN, ignore US public opinion, and go it alone and risk a nuclear confrontation. This is high stakes poker where all of us could end up holding a losing hand. This is psychopathy, not an exercise in democracy. This president is a man who condones the use of DU weapons , drones to take out children and women, white phosphorous and doesn't have time to analyze the evidence as to who used what chemical weapons. It is ok for America to finance and support rebels who target christians, women and children and commit horrible attrocities. When this plan "A" fails, you launch a unilateral and unpopular invasion of the country, and in the process violate international law and legal conventions and treaties designed to prevent unwarrented agression. It is a travesty for Syrians to kill 500 to 1,300 Syrians based on unsubstantiated heresay evidence but for Americans to invade Syria and kill thousands if not hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians is considered taking the moral high ground. In Orwellian vernacular, this is referred to as humanitarian warfare.
Obama knows that if he randomly attacks Syrian targets, some of which could contain stockpiles of chemical weapons, the consequences of the resulting holocaust will rest on his nobel peace prize shoulders.
Putin has conveniently intervened and found a way to get the chemical weapons out of Syria so that when the false flag and subsequent globalist invasion really does occur there will be no chemical weapons collateral damage to haunt him.
In this way Putin looks like the good guy and he helps to portray the US and Israel as the bullies of the world in the eyes of most other nations.
With the US, for many years, outspending the rest of the world combined on military hardware, China and Russia lack the military assets to take on the west. Both really need to beef up their blue water navies. This will take a few years. Likely, but not certainly China and Russia might stand down despite treaties with Syria.
The US compensates for it's collapsing economy by using it's military to engage resource rich countries and claim their wealth, while at the same time surrounding it's perceived enemies with military bases. It also issues the petro dollar reserve currency. This perpetuates the illusion that the American Emperor still has clothes. The illusion is fading as other countries such as the BRICS nations avoid the US dollar for trade and try to come up with an internationally accepted asset backed non fiat currency.
Americans haven't figured out what the rest of the world already knows that America is an empire in rapid decline. The US has been stiffed by their politicans and the globalists. The globalists have used Trade Agreements to offshore and outsource American jobs. The US gov't falsifies reports on employment and job creation to give the illusion that the US economy is in recovery. US government stats considers McDonalds to be a manufacturer like Caterpillar of Boeing. Inflation, initially supports this illusion of a growning economy. At the same time the Obama Administration borrows up the wazoo so that they can lavish "free #" on a dumbed down and gullible public. Americans, unfortunately, are the only people on the planet that believe their own governments' propaganda.
Americans see the world in black and white. Amerika good Russia bad; or at least that is what the talking heads promote and, of course, they would never lie.
So in Amerika, we want to believe that Obama rides the white horse and Putin the black one. We are here to impose the US version of morality, democracy freedom and justice on a world that we are told is jealous of our standard of living and value system. Media lies largely by omission, but it continues to be it our source of world information, and, to challenge the integrity of Gov't and MSM would upset the paradigm that we accept as reality.
Globalists know, that at some point a dumbed down public will realize that they have been raped and pillaged by a global banking elite. Americans will become enraged that they have been manipulated, stiffed and hung out to dry. Globalists know that the next big rabbit that they need to pull out of a hat has to be a big war to distract the public. This needs to be done before enough dumbed down voters figure out that they have been had. Things are going to become very very interesting as cunning globalists outwit an unsuspecting public devoid of critical thinking skills. From here on in the ride with your democratically oriented peace prize president will get very exciting.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   

NewAgeMan
I think it's wonderful the way it's working out, if only the US would STOP playing both sides against the middle in Syria, which has DIRE long range consequences for American Security and Interests in Global Security - and instead, work out and uphold within the context of international law and order (Putin's point) a political solution and an end to the war, but I guess that's up to Assad who Obama subtly implied in his speech with a linkage that I caught could be taken out ie: killed, if there's retaliatory action by him as the military commander of Syrian forces.

It's foolishness though for Putin to tell Obama to put the gun away at this point, so the game continues...

And lo and behold what are we hearing now but a parallel negotiation to end the war where the ironic hypocrisy is that the US, via the CIA has been arming the rebels which includes terrorist and al Qaeda forces, so it becomes rather difficult for Obama when he must talk about the magnitude of the tragedy that is the Syrian civil war..

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   

MRuss

Putin forgot to thank us for his Ipod, his car, his laptop, his refrigerator, his jeans, his central air, his telephone, his wireless internet....and on and on and on.

Um. Shouldn't he be thanking China for all of that?

But I'm proud of what this country has accomplished.

Corporate slavery so that millions of people could fling birds at pigs with an elastic band?
edit on 13-9-2013 by LightOrange because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Putin:

We are all different, but when we ask for the Lord’s blessings, we must not forget that God created us equal.

He then jailed all the gay people in the country who showed any evidence of being so.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Obama has apologized us into submission all over the world , now he has bent us over for Putin to enjoy..........we have become quit a country.

I'm real proud..................yaaaaaa man.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I think that one of the important things that Putin did with his NY Times article, beyond simply making the statement to the American people, which is a considerable innovation in itself in international diplomacy, both Saddam Hussein and Muammar Gaddafi might have made very strong cases for themselves in the press had they chosen to do so, is, in the article, to take America's own rhetoric and turn it against the foreign policy that America has pursued very aggressively since the time of George H. W. Bush.

That President's comment in his New World Order remarks about establishing the rule of law "not the law of the jungle" is central to Putin's message to Americans.

The American oligarchy, judging from their published books and studies such as the Project for the New American Century, are bent on a program of world domination. I think the Russians, quite rightly assume that a project like that, if carried out to conclusion, would involve the installation of Russian puppets in control of a militarily dominated, if not defeated, Russia. I don't think the Russians want to live in that world.

If the world adhered to the rhetorical prescriptions of American policy proclaimed by a succession of Presidents, they would not have to do so.

Putin, in my view, is saying, between the lines, "Stop blowing smoke at us. We're not stupid."

I think the Russians want to live and let live, insofar as it is possible to do so in our world.

Can the American oligarchy live with that? If not, why not? I think the Russians would like to move the rhetorical game to a more realistic level. It is in their interests to do so. I think it is in everyone's interests to do so.

Putin's insight and that of the Russian foreign ministry is that the average American very likely sees things much as they do in Russia. They acknowledge differences but believe in a live and let live basis for international relations.

I think Putin, along with many people here on ATS, would like to see a more realistic discussion of "corporatism" replace the "freedom and democracy" shadow play in the courts of American opinion and world opinion.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   

MarsSentinel

MRuss

Maybe. But the flaw in your thinking is the "we" that you use.

fact is - there is no useful, meaningful "we" in the US.

"We" did not attack Iraq, Afghanistan, or Syria.

Some dudes in DC and London did that.

"We" didn't invent anything.

"We" is a political fiction.

what do you and the other half million folks in your home town have in common besides a few external, demographic details? Do you decide things in common? Do you meet to discuss policy or the future of your town?

Nope.

We are residents, not citizens in any meaningful way.

It is only those with BIG money who are part of the "we" that is the US in it's policy functions.

See: George Carlin:

Video working

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

VoidHawk
What if, they're all in this together and the world is being played! I think its all a game.

Sadly, most are falling for it too...

All this bull we see in the media is there to distract people from what is really going on.

They are already in full control of this world and have been for a long time...

"One should never forget that the Rothschilds NEVER lost ownership of both Russia and China, even today." Source
YouTube

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Recipe for New World Government-Good guy-Bad guys-minions to do the stirring-while we just keep on smelling the mixture brewing.

History does tell a story -heed warning it’s about to over-flow.

I just want to wake-up from this Matrix World where is Neo?

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Not sure I agree, however, there is something about Putin that is a lot wiser or more mature, and I believe cosmic.

utin and Obama Brain Damage Путин и Обама повреждения мозга Pink Floyd

Though this video could show we're being played, I can still see the maturity of Putin, in a sense reaching out to Obama, to assist, much like a teacher does with kids.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join