It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vladimir Putin Addresses America In NYT

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
One little remark about The US not being "Exceptional." and everyone is ready to nuke Russia and hit Syria.Vladimir Putin and his inner-circle played The Administration and Congress like fiddles.He plays with these fools like puppets then he shatters them like glass.Look at what The Russians have done with the blind partisans here in the US.This is masterful.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by mike dangerously

To top it off I'm pretty sure the statement (about American exceptionalism) came via Vladimir Putin, from Pope Francis!

The potential strike by the United States against Syria, despite strong opposition from many countries and major political and religious leaders, including the pope, will result in more innocent victims

And I would rather disagree with a case he made on American exceptionalism, stating that the United States’ policy is “what makes America different. It’s what makes us exceptional.” It is extremely dangerous to encourage people to see themselves as exceptional, whatever the motivation.

There are big countries and small countries, rich and poor, those with long democratic traditions and those still finding their way to democracy. Their policies differ, too. We are all different, but when we ask for the Lord’s blessings, we must not forget that God created us equal.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Best Regards,

NAM

edit on 12-9-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   

NewAgeMan
reply to post by mike dangerously

To top it off I'm pretty sure the statement (about American exceptionalism) came via Vladimir Putin, from Pope Francis!

Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

And I would rather disagree with a case he made on American exceptionalism, stating that the United States’ policy is “what makes America different. It’s what makes us exceptional.” It is extremely dangerous to encourage people to see themselves as exceptional, whatever the motivation.

There are big countries and small countries, rich and poor, those with long democratic traditions and those still finding their way to democracy. Their policies differ, too. We are all different, but when we ask for the Lord’s blessings, we must not forget that God created us equal.

edit on 12-9-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)
Hi,Newageman!
Yeah, he paraphrased Pope Frank he used it to provoke Obama's handlers .Which judging from the reactions tonight worked.Now,let's see how Kerry gets owned by Foreign Minster Sergey Lavrov

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   

superman2012
I'd have to say that this puts Obama in check...watch out for checkmate.

Checkmate may be coming. While the United States has delayed military action, Russia is resupplying Syria with missiles for their air defense system which Israel destroyed on US orders. They are also resupplying antiship missiles which Israel destroyed on US orders. Russia has also been able to move more warships into the area during the pause. Assad has resumed the air campaign against the rebels after having moved his planes when it looked like an attack was imminent. Meanwhile the Obama administration cannot attack Syria without proving to the world what many already know: the use of chemical weapons has nothing to do with the US desire to attack Syria. There is an outside possibility that Assad can actually give up his chemical weapons if he has a nuclear deterrent.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Obama dropped the ball and Putin picked it up. That's what people get for electing an incompetent idiot.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   

mike dangerously
One little remark about The US not being "Exceptional." and everyone is ready to nuke Russia and hit Syria.Vladimir Putin and his inner-circle played The Administration and Congress like fiddles.He plays with these fools like puppets then he shatters them like glass.Look at what The Russians have done with the blind partisans here in the US.This is masterful.

That is the whole problem with US foreign policy. The US thinks that it is the greatest country on Earth. It has a good military and thinks that it is morally justified in destroying other countries to impose new governments favorable to the US. It is OK to kill men, women, and children if the result is democracy because democracy is good. This belief in American Exceptionalism reminds of Hitler's Master Race. This whole thing reminds me of the start of World War II. Hitler with the best military in the world began invading country after country with no one able to stop him. The US eventually militarized and joined the war. Hitler bit off more than he could chew when he invaded the Soviet Union. The US, Britain, Russia, and others eventually defeated this military juggernaut. It seems that Russia may have finally decided that enough is enough. If supplying Assad with missile defense and antiship capability is not sufficient, I think that they may decide to intervene militarily. When open conflict occurs between the US and Russia, China may decide to settle the Taiwan and islands issues. North Korea may decide to unify the peninsula while the US is occupied.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Dude who cares what Putins agenda is.

By his own words if Israel is attacked they have the right to act in self defense and with a couple of hundred Nukes they can, which means WE have no need to be there.

Our forces are spread thin and vulnerable.

Our infrastructure suffers from over spending on Military

We have all the energy we can ever need.

And honestly the SUCCESSFUL nations these days are low population, high resource Green nations like Canada and others in Northern Europe.

Nobody wants us there? People don't care what is going on in certain nations in regards to human rights... Let them burn in their misery...

Yesterday showed America's reality as 500 Muslims showed up a mere 999,500 short of their goal of One Million and 885,000 Bikers rolled past them. ISLAM is not an American, nor a North American issue, Europe has to deal with their influx, China does, so does India, Russia... so let it get ridiculous over there and One day they WILL ask for our help again.

In the meantime... screw that whole region it stinks and it's filled with Barbarians, bring our toys home. Save a ton of money be rich.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Adaluncatif

The US may be the "greatest" country on earth, but Canada is the very best.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Along with Denmark, Sweden, Norway, and Australia. See we don't have the need to be "exceptional", eh?

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I think, when it comes to Russia, they understand the idea based on the past 80 sum years of going through their own hell. So when a country like Russia sees the bs America is trying to pull, there's almost a "really, dude?" mentality. Kinda like how Germany still remembers Hitler, I think Russia still remembers Stalin.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by wrabbit2000

Is he a nice guy? Does he embrace altruism? Do his actions/decisions maintain a duty to his people?

I would say the answer to all of the above is "No."

And despite that, he is still the best leader the planet has to offer right now.

What the hell did I just say????

Not Putin, right?

(Viewer discretion is advised)

edit on 182013999131 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Jobeycool
This article is not fake.Putin is telling America they are not special.U.S. should counter and tell Russia that they don't do a thing to help stop terrorism in the middle east.Remind them of how terrible they did in Afghanistan to stop extremist as well.

America isn't special. The American idea of people being able to govern themselves WAS special. That's gone. You and I are not special just because we we're born into a long since dead Republic.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Not getting at all why you think Assad has gassed the people to ensure his own demise, no proof of any kind has been offered, at all.

Just where are those UN chemical inspectors, why does it take weeks to analyze something ?

As usual, I would look to someone who would benefit from such an attack, and Assad would the LAST on the list.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   
If Russia wants Syria to disarm and remove their chemical stockpiles and dispose of them through coordinated international effort then every sovereign nation should have to disarm their chemical stockpiles as well and stop using weapons with chemical agents i.e. depleted uranium and white phosphorous rounds.

In essence kick starting a disarmament process for the whole world. Highly unlikely but highly optimistic
but the right thing to do !

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Politics aside...

It is kind of sad knowing that the president of Russia could whip the POTUS in a wrestling match.

Not taking sides here. Just sayin'.

The one thing Obama can do well is deliver a speech and he just got roasted by a guy people are equating to a barbarian.

This reeks of theatrics.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Smart move on his part. Drew up on our humanitarian instinct and even mentioned the pope (trying to get the support of Catholics?)...

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by SlackOps

right...funny how Putin came up with this idea, 24 hours after that meeting Obama had with him in Moscow....maybe Obama said a few things in private that "convinced" him...but, this is ATS and nobody can give credit to Obama, because he's a black democrat, and that is even worse than a former murderous KGB agent turned leader of Russia.
edit on 13-9-2013 by jimmyx because: addtion

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   

earthling42
reply to post by Brucee

It has been in the news and i think many will be wary of another attempt to try to force an attack.
The socalled rebels Israel and the Saudi's and the west are not happy at the moment with the current situation, that much is clear.
But proof? an idea or a plan is mere speculation, nothing has happened yet, let's hope it stays that way.

It's correct that it was in the news, but for what I know NOT in the mainstream - just on independent news sites.
You have to understand how politicians spread their message. One part is for public but the subordinate clauses always contain the code to your "enemy". Having said this I am pretty sure that Russia has proof or evidence of this plan. Which would go public if such a false flag event would occur.
But as you said lets hope it will not happen.
edit on 13-9-2013 by Brucee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Brucee

Yes, i know what you mean, but because it has been stated that it is known, i do not think this event is to happen.
At first i thought that this would mean a change of plans for the socalled rebels since this false flag attempt leaked out and is known.
But on the other hand, it pretty much limits their opportunities to try to force an intervention.
Probably more attempts in Syria itself and blame it Assad again, or Israel starts provoking with attacks on certain goals in Syria.
But this is speculation on my part.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk
[more I just want to say it's not a game. Despite the fact there are a lot of hollowed threats made by world governments....the results here are far more sinister than the end result of it just being a game.Corrupt leaders of various governments play games...yes,but the end result for the people who are pawns to these "said games",are left drawing the short straw.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join