It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For some reason I am sadder than usual on this anniversary.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I am not here to make a post to debate theories. I have come upon my own convictions after years of inquiry. I know I am not alone in this community.

My sadness derives from the amount of family members, friends, acquaintances, and the general public's apathy and disinterest. Not only are they apathetic and disinterested; They have allowed themselves to be co-opted into divide and conquer propaganda. They are all about "black on white" crime that has been "mysteriously" absent from mainstream reporting. Certain Obama issues regarding birth certificates, Benghazi, the IRS et al...ad infinitum.

The only reason people on the right are against any military intervention into Syria is ONLY because of their hatred and disgust of Obama. It has nothing to do with reasoned thought or a real examination of geo=political concerns. It is just "cuz".

I have family members from all over the country that post racist crap regularly regarding the "muzzies". Trying to initiate any kind of rational discussion or inquiry with them is truly futile. Freakin knuckledraggers! These are people that spend their days "re-posting" some racist crap on their timelines. Not one of them has an original thought. It is all about spreading the latest chain-email.

Here we are 12 years later, and how much progress has been made? There may be more people aware this year than last, but has anything really changed?

Will it ever? Will the world ever wake up?

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

My heart bleeds for the 1st responders how they were lied to regarding the air quality and how the government turned their backs on those 2nd victims medical needs.

Also for lost of liberty for all Americans as a result of the government actions..... We are being destroyed from within....

To the relatives who lost family and continue to loose family members due to cancer Sorry can never be enough....

Star n Flagged

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Though political lines have been drawn regarding Syria on ATS I've noticed that there are quite a few, for or against, that are less politically grounded.
That said it's a sad day for Canadians as well, we feel for you, I'm sure the anniversary is on most Canadians minds today...
~Popping a beer (though it's early afternoon here) and toasting to a better future with a lot less hatred and distrust.

S&F
edit on 11-9-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I know how you feel,

There's certain family in-law arguments that come up when I try to talk to but they were worried about "war on" this or that memes that are put out to invoke emotion against Republicans and Conservatives-with most Independents they'd laugh and know it's divide and conquer and move on. Yet, they say there's nothing can be done for Benghazi, NSA, etc, just let it be "like we did in the 60s".

Yes, more are aware and while positive there are still soo many pigeonholed, and distracted. That's where the barrier lies.

The more the public becomes aware,as the "controllers are seeing the shift away from their news, the more we have to be aware of the disinfo and censoring that will infiltrate much as it has on MSM news sites.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Me too.

I think it's because I have come to grips with the fact that there is no going back to September 10, 2001.

I had hoped - or foolishly believed - that we would eventually emerge from this fog of paranoia and security at the expense of freedom but, after this year with the NSA thing, I think there is no hope.

The U.S is going to ride this train straight over the cliff.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by IceHappy

It is criminal the way the air quality was officially deemed safe by Whitman. I just read the other day there are over 1100 WTC related cancers in first responders.

The disregard for human life is appalling. Before, during, and after the original crime.

These people have no souls.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by canucks555

It is not just Americans that were impacted that day and beyond. It is the world, Canada included.

I raise my imported beer to you! Cheers and hopes of an awakened world.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

Oh, I agree so much. The subject is so uncomfortable to them. Truly I believe that there is a large segment of the population that, "Can't handle the truth". It is so much easier for them to complain about insignificant crap. You start wanting to talk about 9-11 and everyone grabs their Teddy bears and runs for the nearest corner.

The thing about 9-11 is that it crushes everything you have ever been taught and what you thought that was real. It is a step very few are able to take.

When I first realized that it was all a lie back in 2002, I got very ill. Seriously, I became physically unwell. It was such a huge paradigm shift that I could not handle mentally or emotionally.

I understand, to a degree, people's reluctance. I don't excuse it, just understand.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   

GrantedBail
It is criminal the way the air quality was officially deemed safe by Whitman. I just read the other day there are over 1100 WTC related cancers in first responders.

Anyone within a few miles of ground zero knew it wasn't safe because you could smell the stench of burnt everything.

For me, here in NYC, today was the first 9/11 anniversary that felt more like a regular day, with one small hiccup. I got to my office at about 8:30, the same building I was in 12 years ago (lower floor) and at about 8:45 there were a ton of sirens blaring. Fire engines in full blast, horns blasting, sirens screeching. It was a lot like those first minutes 12 years ago, when everyone was rushing downtown. It lasted a couple of minutes and, as is always the case when I hear that kind of commotion, the hairs stand up, the body tenses and you do a quick search of the skyline for something.

To give you an idea as to how the city has moved on, today's NY times, the first two pages inside the first section were all ads for local department stores and all they had were "in memorium" type messages with one Baccarat ad for a vase which, I'm sure, will get someone fired because it was in such poor taste to have that placement amongst the memorial ads. The rest of the times, from what I saw, was business as usual. Normally, there are mostly memorial type ads. No longer.

It's only a matter of time before we start seeing the 9/11 sales.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Nothing short of a mass, and when I say mass, I mean MASS movement will halt it. If that is even possible. They have had 12 years to construct a massive surveillance, police type of state right under everyone's noses. This country, collectively, missed that boat.

top topics

join