It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Many Of You Think In Computer Code?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Another big question that intrigues me.

How many of you think in ways of computer code? If you haven't taken computer programming then I don't think you would understand the concept.

This web page, your remote control, your video games, and even some cars run on a very well defined source of coding to work the way it does. In this coding even one letter in a billion lines of code can make it crash or malfunction. This has always amazed me, the amount of work going into a seemingly simple game is astonishing. What's even more crazy is that the worlds most powerful supercomputer has more than two-hundred billion lines of code. All having to be written out or copied and pasted.

The way I think is anything can happen anywhere. Obama could be inside my living room because the coding potentially exists that he is here. Just as if the coding could have made humans blue or red. Or even going as subtle as a freckle on your cheek being moved a micron to the side.

Its harder to explain than it seems. If you go and look up coding for programs or executables it will hopefully make more sense.

Im more old school coding, command prompt, visual basics, c++, and java are my specialties. Let me know what you have worked with before and give some insight of how the world can be compared to coding.

Thank you

Lizard

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLotLizard

that's part of the elitiest kill switches. Just use a bunch of emp's all around the world. Wipe out all power and anything electroic. Put people back into the days of horse and buggy. That's one of the kill switches that will as a result, wipe out humanity. Only the survivalist will make it most likely as they have some skills to live off the land.
edit on 11-9-2013 by spartacus699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

Great explanation, but how does that refer to coding in the universe?

Im just confused now haha.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Hey Lizard, this is an awesome topic
I actually starting studying C Basic when I was 6 or so? Later on in college, I started taking legitimate C++ courses, and of course, we learned about functions, and in a more advanced manner, a lot of object based programming.

I actually think it computer code, or at least I used to... I would write down functions in notebooks or on pieces of paper with commands to follow, and then call those functions during daily life...

Trust me, this is a terrible idea for being able to have adaptable conversation skills. However, it works extremely well for relating to anyone with autism.

In fact, I think that is why I developed this way of thinking, because I'm possibly a non-autistic that was raised in an almost exclusively autistic environment.

edit on 11-9-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Double-post due to a false ATS Security Error! But damn, thanks, that was pretty deep for me. But I think you are talking about something else... like our universe being a computer program.

One second please...

Physicist Discovers Computer Code Embedded Within String Theory

And this was when I decided that he was probably right, we are in a computer program. The fact is, if computer code were to be discovered somewhere, it would be in String Theory.

I already knew about a leading theory of how universe was created and works that basically uses the following logic:

*As a society, we are going to eventually develop the technology for completely imersive virtual realities
*Each one of those virtual societies would eventually develop one or more virtual societies of their own
*The probability of being in the original universe would approach zero as more Virtual Universes are created.

Of course, originally, I completely discredited this idea. But - then I saw the YouTube video above, and it was way too highly coincidental, I could work out the probabilities of it, but I would have to check out that part of string theory first

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

I got bad with the "if" and "thens" lol

It makes life so much more easily difficult.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 03:57 AM
link   

I'm an old coder. Worked in many languages. CS degree. Computer languages as we know them are a product of noam chomsky. They are all CFGs, or context free grammar. What that means is that the meaning of a line of code is never dependant on context. Its impossible to make an innuendo therefore in code. You can't imply things. A "few cans short of a six pack" means just that, nothing is inferred from the context. So do I always think that way? no. sometimes I think in innuendo. But can I think that way? Yes, and thinking in code is good, it makes your mind razor sharp. With that sharpness comes fearlessness, the willingness to question everything, which you see in people around here. You realize that anything is possible. and that really sets you free.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Oh God, are you talking about constructing some kind of ridiculous social algorithm? Jesus... yeah that is where things fall apart, I've been there.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by tridentblue

It gives you hope with things like the possibility of anything in one given place. Coding to make possible a world that humans were peaceful. Coding that can bring back what was once lost.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 04:03 AM
link   

You do know that DNA is a form of coding, right?

Chances are that the Universe and all that happens therein is affected by some sort of interaction coding, mathematics and formulas are the way we can test things. Chances are, there are superior powers that aren't human that have greater access to these universal codings and the manipulations of, I just hope these codes are being manipulated for the purpose of good.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 04:04 AM
link   

You should have seen me when the matrix released when I was a kid.

It seriously fueled the deepest darkest region of my brain.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Oh my God! I was about to say, your ideas come straight from The Matrix. I have been watching that series recently.

Like the part where Neo gains some of his abilities in the real world was intense, as well as the part where he is able to modify The Matrix code, of course.

There is a lot of New Age stuff that ties into being able to do this sort of thing, as well as some Quantum Physics stuff, but...

Until your post I never thought of The Matrix being literally about a virtual reality, I always thought it was a throwback to Plato and his Cave allegory... like our reality is an illusion...

Which, honestly, it is entirely an illusion on so many different levels. There are even more layers to reality than our physical realm, which I know from experience and research -

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 04:12 AM
link   

I love your brain ha. Where is the friend button on the new interface??

Is there no friends no more??

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   

It seems as deep as you try to go with it it always brings up something else.

Like if there really is code there must be an engine to run it. And that engine would have to be coded too.

All leading to an infinite chain of code with ultimate possibilities.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Ridiculous amounts of possibilities, and I'm actually under the impression that it could be more likely than not. One interesting thing I want to know is this : what is the point of the simulation?

I've come to two conclusions about our current simulation, one being that its purpose is to use each person as a kind of node in a gigantic social simulation in order to make philosophical discoveries.

The other conclusion I have come to is that this simulation is being used to teach lessons to us (souls), a sub-possibility I have come to involving this is that we are actually in an era-specific simulation -

At the very least, I wonder if the people at the top like Obama and Putin are actually paid actors who are doing their roles in some kind of adrenaline flick.

I am serious about this part, actually, if you ever watch WWF you can start to notice that a lot of the mannerisms are acting, try watching politics after a WWF marathon and see what conclusions you come to

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 04:28 AM
link   

TheLotLizard
reply to post by tridentblue

It gives you hope with things like the possibility of anything in one given place.

You know what? Hope is good.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Well, I was never much for coding, per se. I was always more of a hardware guy.

I left the softwares up to the engineers that could work in that complex set of algorithms. Guys like me set up your machines and fine tune them to be ace perfect the moment you hit the keys.

That being said, I can't say that I think in coding. However, I DO think in terms of computing.

I look at my brain as being my computer, and, for instance, if I want to bring up a memory of something, I literally imagine a monitor in my mind, with thousands of icons and data files sitting on a desktop. I double click the item I need and it's there in my mind, 100%. Works every time.

I do the same with most of the non-autonomous functions in the body, and most people think I am really crazy when I describe how my mind works.

I think you guys might have a clue, though.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 04:43 AM
link   

well we'll lose all the code and most people who are so jacked in won't be able to function and they'll die because they won't be able to txt or go on facebook anymore. You'd have to know how to catch a deer with 550 paracord, skin it, and dry out the meat over some hot coals otherwise you won't stand a chance once the shtf.
edit on 11-9-2013 by spartacus699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

Funny story about that, I already used a user interface similar to Windows in my mind far before it was fully developed. However, now that I am using Windows and Google Chrome to socialize on the net and whatnot, I am actually losing my ability to have a user-interface in real life.

It makes me wonder, I heard a story once about the U.S. Government recovering some alien artifacts and one of them was actually a device that had a customized user interface similar to Windows except with a mind link, and this was during the time period where we were still using punch cards and / or DOS type of interfaces.

I think that the networking technology and user interface of Windows and Google Chrome, etc. could realistically be based on some kind of telepathic networking technology used by an advanced race with a Hive Mind tendency.

The reason I think this could be the case is because before the Information Age, we were not networked as a human race. And the truth is, text messaging and stuff like that is functionally extremely similar to telepathy.

Either that is a coincidence (I don't believe in coincidences) or that is a correlation. Apparently, Terrance McKenna was already on to this, so I've got to go check that out.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Well, I don't think in code yet (perhaps after I have gotten a grasp of python, taking little nibbles here and there might take a while though considering I work full time). However, in a way... thinking of code in terms of the world and reality leads to determinism. Since there is no such thing as truly random then everything is pretty much already determined from the beginning. The program is still running and may in fact be an infinite loop, but everything is still predetermined even though we don't know the output yet.

However, if you the know the code to the world you can always change it. However, you are also a part of the code and therefore the change you make is also predetermined

That's my take on it I guess...

Oh, by the way... "TheLotLizard" may not be the most "appropriate" username, just saying.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join