It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama backs off 'red line,' opens door to 'diplomatic track' on Syria

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Been telling you guys for weeks there would be no strike!!! An d everyone kept balking at me but guess what warmongers, there wont be and i will be right once again!!

Here's the latest:

"President Obama on Monday took a sharp turn away from his "red line" threat to Syria on the eve of taking his case to the American people, saying in an interview with Fox News that he's open to negotiations on an alternative plan that could avert a military strike."

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

Yeah, I was convinced when Putin came out and said that Russia would defend Syria against any foreign invasion.

Just picking up some fake cred to say that he made him back down. Nothing to do with the will of the american people.

Iran chirped in but, I wonder why we haven't heard from that clown Kim Jong-un?

Free America is weak points guys, where is your game?
edit on 9-9-2013 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

I pray that the U.S. won't strike Syria.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Who knows, maybe the world elite will back down and look towards their families and more philosophical styles of living and forget the whole "dominate the world" idea they've had these last centuries??

We can always dream...

Anyway, I guess this still is good news.
Going to war against Syria just doesn't make sense for America.
edit on 9-9-2013 by theMediator because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Come to think of it, there's been some dude on this site telling us for weeks now that there wouldn't be any strike. Darned if I can remember who though....

I'm not convinced we're out of the woods yet, but I have to say, I sure do hope that guy is right!

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Great news. He has done the honorable thing in backing down for the time being. Can't put a thumbs up for him here (ends up below), so will do it the old fashioned way :-)

Hope diplomacy wins out and Syria follows through.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I really hope this pans out, but only today.....

White House insists it may strike Syria without congressional approval

White House counsel Kathryn Ruemmler told the New York Times that a strike would be lawful under both domestic and international law. She told the paper that the president could strike because of the “important national interests” surrounding the use of chemical weapons, even without Congress or United Nations approval. Read more: thehill.com...

and:

Obama on the fence about Syria strike without Congress' approval

"It’s my belief that for me, the president, to act without consensus in a situation where there’s not a direct, imminent threat to the homeland or our interests around the world, that that’s not the kind of precedent I want to set," he continued.

usnews.nbcnews.com...

I trust this Adminstration as far as I can throw it.

edit on 9/9/2013 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

I see so many mixed responses from US politics.
Should keep your house in order, what is it a case of good cop bad cops. Obama keeps being diplomatic (as it's painted) while many of his staff are pretty much warmongering.

I'm glad diplomacy is making a breakthrough though, just wish it could have started nearly 3 years ago

Damn, anyways I thought Putin took the G20 hostage
I tell ya the wording is atrocious at times...Poor form.

new topics

top topics

join