It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The will of the ATS contributors, ignored.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+31 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
This place kind of sucks now with the new makeover. Like most everyone else I can't stand it.

You'd think that the preference of those who generate the content would have factored into the decision making, but alas the will of the ATS contributors did not prevail.

Not such a bad thing though from my POV as I'd become addicted to ATS and this will make it very easy to depart.

All the best everyone.

Luv,

NAM

+12 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Even the emoticons suck.

+14 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I agree with op on this..
This time, change is not better
reminds me of Obama

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
It will take getting used to, but I will adapt. The emoticons are being worked on, there is a thread out there, but I cannot find it right now.

Hang in there. The new look is modern, and I kind of like the modern feel to it.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

You meant small percentage. The ones of us who are indifferent or like it aren't taking to the boards complaining.

I will miss certain members that claim they are leaveing. Its just a forum with a make over. If you really loved it would you really leave it? Hope you change your mind.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I agree that the Emoticons suck but i actually quite like the new set-up....

i do miss the easy access tab at the bottom of the screen but i will get used to finding other ways to navigate

it will take time but eventually i will get used to it and forget all about the old version

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I for one love the new look!
The emocons will be changed eventually.
I doubt the majority of ATS users don't like it.

Change is good!

edit on 9-9-2013 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   

I am adapting...and I like the new ATS.

Goodbye to you...and remember...

Don't let the door hit ya...where the good Lord split ya!

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   

I didn't like it at first either... Then I realized that it's much smoother than the old... Sure, not as pretty as the last... Most times "less is more" and I'm realizing it...

I raised the emoticon flag several times via thread... Per our Overlord: There is a group of ATSer's working on new Emoticons!!!

So that's a plus.

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
One of my main concerns is how they discontinued the "friends" section. Just another way to keep us even more distant from people with similar views and passions.

Ah well, they can't stop the "friends" list when you have good old pen and paper.

edit on 9-9-2013 by ArchaicDesigns because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   

spacespider
I agree with op on this..
This time, change is not better
reminds me of Obama

I couldn't agree more, but I haven't had a chance to view it on my computer. It's good to know there are other conspiracy forums out there that I haven't even looked for until these drastic changes.

Here is a link for ya, and ATS isn't even #1.

conspiracy.top-site-list.com...

Pladuim

edit on 9-9-2013 by Pladuim because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I thought the new version would cater to the mobile users.

And it has.

But the new look on a regular PC is good, and better than the old version IMO !!

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   

I'm guessing you and the others are the same people who complain about the new Windows every time a new edition comes out, no matter what. What's funny is that those people are constantly looking for ways to make the new Windows exactly like the last one... that they also hated but got used to.

Developers actually don't mind a few leaving when new stuff comes out because it also brings in some new faces and mixing the member base up a bit keeps things fresh. Some people just naturally do not like change and I'm grateful that people in charge of advancing anything at all ignore those people.

Besides, the new emoticons are way more classy than the typical trashy colorful ones. These ones fit the style of ATS way better.

Devil's Advocate here.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   

www.abovetopsecret.com...
BFFT and other members are working on the emos

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I'm kinda diggin it more and more as becomes a part of my world. To the OP I'd say give it a few days to sink in before stompin home with your ball.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   

xuenchen
I thought the new version would cater to the mobile users.

And it has.

Well, I has no problem at all viewing the old style with my phone.

So I'll have to disagree, it hasn't.

Pladuim

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Well good bye then op

I Guess

for now....

because in a week or two your going to get board and come back onto the site either under a new username or the one you have just now probably complaining about something else.

so yeah..

see you in a few weeks

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by minkmouse

...your ball.

That's an important point to consider. It is our ball.

ATS has only provided the ball court. Or Forum. Or Rostrum.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Death, taxes and change.... all these things are inevitable.

I've seen at least two board re-designs and both times people have said the same, and both times those people went no-where eventually.

Breathe deeply, embrace the change, the topics are still the same

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   

I hated it at first but now I prefer it. I was actually disappointed when they reverted to the old version. There are so many things that run a lot smoother on 5.3. Particularly on my phone.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join