It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evolutionists ! Explain this and make sense at the same time.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by UnifiedSerenity

The fact of the matter is we do have proof of speciation. At the same time, as you have very clearly demonstrated in these threads, there is no mechanism that prevents speciation and "macroevolution." So there is clear evidence that supports evolution and yet there is no empirical evidence that supports creationism.

I'll also ask again... What makes evolution and Creationism ideas that cannot coexist. One deals with the origin of life while the other deals with the diversity of species. These are entirely separate ideas. It should also be pointed out that a number of religious people in these threads accept both evolution and Creationism as truth. What exactly prevents you from accepting evolution.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I cannot watch that video it seems too fake and guys voice too irritating but even if these long skulled giants were real and not from humans having manipulated skulls, I am pretty sure they could fit into evolution like the rest of the hominid finds.

As for bibles etc naming spirits descending and mating, they also say a whole load of other stuff, it doesn't make it true. Remember, churches since their inception, have been manipulating their man written text, making rules and decrees for their own purpose of gain, power and control and as such aren't believable as the truth.

Things evolve all the time, including the universe and solar system, and seeing as humanity and Earth are part of this greater system, it stands to reason that everything in and on Earth and the Solar System also evolves.

Just because there is evolution, as standard, doesn't have any bearing on whether or not there is a ''Creator''.

www.space.com...

edit on 8-9-2013 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   
well randy that was flippin' awesome!
watching it again to pick up anything i might have missed!

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Creationism usually refers to the belief that a creator created everyone and everything, from the birds and the bees to the sun and stars, especially the Christian and abrahamic religions.

And in that context evolution being autonomous doesn't require a god.

However abiogenesis still harboring a few unknowns gives creationists room to maneuver.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Prezbo369
Creationism usually refers to the belief that a creator created everyone and everything, from the birds and the bees to the sun and stars, especially the Christian and abrahamic religions.

And in that context evolution being autonomous doesn't require a god.

However abiogenesis still harboring a few unknowns gives creationists room to maneuver.

i have a theory (i have lots of theories. hehe), that the translators misunderstood what came before, so the creation texts are a bit confuddled. i will attempt to explain:

1. there are two flood accounts in the flood account of noah. one flood was not global but was devastating for people in low lying areas, along rivers, lakes, seas and oceans. this was the black sea flood (which see). the other was the flood that rendered the earth "tohu", which means "in chaos). tohu is what is said about the condition of the earth in genesis 1 verse 2. this was the end of the ice age, as the waters receeded dry land appeared that was already there.

2. this means that the creation account is not the original creation of the universe, nor the orignial creation of the adam or the animals, but the re-terraforming and re-plenishing of the planet following a global flood cataclysm. the original creation in genesis 1, verse 1, is an unknown amount of time prior to the ice age events, including the global flood.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

So your interpretation is that life had the opportunity to evolve, but at some stage the god wiped them all out and then 're-created' all the worlds creatures?

Wouldn't that make you a re-creationist?

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Prezbo369
reply to post by undo

So your interpretation is that life had the opportunity to evolve, but at some stage the god wiped them all out and then 're-created' all the worlds creatures?

i don't think it's evolution as much as a huge science project. i think there are ages on the planet, where the primary lifeforms, always have a sentient race acting as their overseers. examples being, amphibians having a sentient group of overseers. reptiles having a sentient group of overseers, and finally, mammals having a sentient group of overseers known as homo sapiens. this theory includes the idea that the amphibian overseers are what we know today as grey ETs and are also known as a group of angels, called cherubim. the reptile overseers we know as reptilian ETs and also as a group of angels called seraphim. and that both of these are prior creations. that is to say, the non-sentient animal species may have evolved at some level, whereas the sentient overseeers were created. it's a theory i'm working on.

addendum : there may have also been a sentient group of insects. now that one freaks me out.
edit on 8-9-2013 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

If we evolved we wouldn't believe in Gods period.
Explain how we would evolve and come to believe in God at the same time.
There are definitive reasons for believing in God all thru history.
edit on 8-9-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Not necessarily true. While I personally don't subscribe to a creator the two concepts aren't mutually exclusive. It is possible that the universe was created and life could have independently evolved. I haven't seen anything to suggest such as the most likely scenario but that doesn't rule it out as a hypothesis. This is a huge difference between those who think the bible has the answers and those who search for answers. The deeply religious look at the world in terms of absolutes, black and white but no middle ground. Science is constantly looking and updating itself where a lot of religious people haven't made it to Copernicus or Galileo yet.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by peter vlar

The deeply religious look at the world in terms of absolutes, black and white but no middle ground. Science is constantly looking and updating itself where a lot of religious people haven't made it to Copernicus or Galileo yet.

It isn't just the deeply religious. I myself am just a simple minded uneducated believer.
But I'm doing the best that I can because there is far more to my belief then any of the
secular educated give credit for. People constantly plague me suggesting I get an
education. And I laugh because I'm glad not to be burdened having spent tons of
money to believe the lies of an obvious hoax.

So you see it really does boil down to what both sides BELIEVE.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Explain how we would evolve and come to believe in God at the same time.
There are definitive reasons for believing in God all thru history.

In his book The World Until Yesterday, Jared Diamond states: "An original function of religion was explanation. Pre-scientific traditional peoples offer explanations for everything they encounter....

Origins of Religion

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

I have read these explanations before Pauly.

Thunk

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Absolutely it's about what we believe. I would argue though that the belief itself isnt the important part but how we arrive at such beliefs. Empirical evidence or divine faith that nomadic shepherds living 3500 years ago knew more about the universe than we do today.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   

iving 3500 years ago knew more about the universe than we do today.

I BELIEVE the evidence shows science corroborates all that was already revealed right thru
Gods word. Not everything but certainly what was neccesary for what was being written down.

I have faith in the Bible and that faith hasn't let me down.
And yet the seculars ask me to turn my back on that.
I can not. And I never will.

I do appreciate your fair minded posts and ask you to see that relationship
that is so solid in me.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   

iving 3500 years ago knew more about the universe than we do today.

I BELIEVE the evidence shows science corroborates all that was already revealed right thru
Gods word. Not everything but certainly what was neccesary for what was being written down.

I have faith in the Bible and that faith hasn't let me down.
And yet the seculars ask me to turn my back on that.
I can not. And I never will.

I do appreciate your fair minded posts and ask you to see that relationship
that is so solid in me.

I respect your views, I just disagree with them. though I'm sure on some level there has to be a middle ground we both see eye to eye on. one of these days we'll find it. As I said previously, if the path you're on brings you peace then its a good path for you to be on.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Hi Randy,

I really enjoyed the video!

I don't agree with everything, but it made some really interesting points.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

I agree Undo. I also do not believe Noah's flood was worldwide for a couple of reasons. One of them is that would have killed off all the Nephilim and yet it did not. I do not believe Noah saved a few of them as "unclean" because God clearly wants them dead no matter where they are.

Secondly, the focus of the Nephilim was to pollute the gene pool of Eth ha Adam's children. I do not believe the bible says God started with Eth ha Adam and Eve, but that He made some for hunters and fishers, and then saw no man to til the ground and made THE MAN ADAM. God looked at all of His creation, all the races and animals etc and saw it was very good. It was the woman Eve that Lucy went to as a shining one (Nachash) and beguiled (Seduced wholly) and she later gave birth to twins. The one Cain is not found in Adam's lineage. He killed his brother Abel, and was cursed by God for shedding his brother's blood and that the ground would never produce food for him or his children again, that he would dwell in tents all his days, and a mark was placed on him so none would kill him and then he ran off to the land of Nod to find a wife from one of the other races God had made and loved. Cain's children mimic Adams even down to the names they use, and they are pretty psychopathic / sociopathic in history. Then as Adam's children grew in number and spread the fallen watchers married daughters of men (wholly seduced them) and they had the Nephilim and it is said that only Noah was perfect in his generation meaning genealogy, so all of Adam's offspring were polluted except for Noah's line and that would have ended the prophecy given to Eve that her seed would crush Lucy's head so God saved Noah and his family in that region where the Nephilim were, and it appears they had spread to other areas of the earth as well, and that is why we see the left overs all over the world.

There was an age before this one, and God destroyed it. I believe the earth tipped on it's axis and animals instantly froze as we find them flash frozen in the tundra with buttercups in their mouths still like they had no idea it as coming. The Chinese have stories of a great flood that went to the top of Mt. Ararat. So, it was a massive flood, but I don't think it covered the entire earth as the one that destroyed the first age probably did, and that is why we see the massive build-up of layers and animal graves like they were running from something terrible.

I like Pastor Murray, and he does a great job explaining the 3 ages

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Prezbo369

Now that's a first for me.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Sheppards Chapel.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   

"to till the ground," kinda puts a wrench in the workings of "cain" was a grain dude and "abel" was a meat dude. if they were created originally as vegetation farmers, where's the sudden interest in bloody meat sacrifices come from instead of grain, since the text infers the adam were created as plant growers? i think i can answer that-- the first adam were not mammals, so they weren't overseers of the mammal kingdom.

edit on 8-9-2013 by undo because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join