It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey, lets make teacher-student SEX legal!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 02:37 AM
link   

kimish
Isn't pedophilia a sexual fascination, or whatever, with pre-pubescent children?
Sorry but being attracted to a 16 year with the body of a 26 year old isn't pedophilia, especially if the age isn't known. It's human nature.

16 year olds in this day and age are way more developed socially and physically than the 16 year olds of fifteen years ago.
edit on 4-9-2013 by kimish because: (no reason given)

Pre pubescent is before a child is capable of 'reproduction' so a sixteen
year old is of little interest to a 'paedophile'.

They (paedophiles) usually loose interest in children over the age of about 12 years,
and they most certainly would not be interested in "16 year olds with the body
of a 26 year old!"

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by eletheia

That's my point, thank you. People are calling the teacher a pedophile. Granted it's slightly disturbing for a man/woman of that age to have relations with boy/girl that age, it's still not pedophilia.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by kimish

Perhaps a better name for them would be 'sexual predator?'

"The term 'sexual predator' is used to refer to people who have sex with 'minors'
regardless of whether the sex is consensual (statutory rape.) Endangering the
welfare of a 'child' through sexual acts, or sexualised conduct."

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

I know this sounds terrible, but when I was a Senior in highschool I dated a teacher. He was a senior engineering student who filled in for a few months when my drafting instructor had surgery and I knew him before he subbed for our class and had dated him before (he was in his mid to late 20s and I was 18) and we started dating again after he started filling in as substitute teacher. The rest of the teachers and administrative staff knew about it and we were told as long as we kept it on the down low during school hours it was okay since we had a previous relationship. Thank goodness things were different then or he might have ended up in prison!

There is not a one size fits all solution to this. Not every student/teacher relationship is between a 12-13 year old kid and a 40-50 year old perverted lech. I came darn close to marrying my teacher and would hate to think of someone in a similar situation going to jail and having a record for life for the stupidity of others.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   

I think sexual predator is the best term to use as well.

Like another member stated before, to label consensual sex between two individuals and label one of the people a rapist isn't fair to people that have actually been forcibly raped. Not to mention the hell that would be brought upon someone to be labeled a rapist, for example a 24 year old sleeping with a 17 year old. That 24 year old would be ruined by the "rapist" moniker much more than sexual predator.

@Little, I knew you were naughty :p

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by kimish

I think sexual predator is the best term to use as well.

Like another member stated before, to label consensual sex between two individuals and label one of the people a rapist isn't fair to people that have actually been forcibly raped. Not to mention the hell that would be brought upon someone to be labeled a rapist, for example a 24 year old sleeping with a 17 year old. That 24 year old would be ruined by the "rapist" moniker much more than sexual predator.

@Little, I knew you were naughty :p

Only doing what MacGyver would do...... make the best out of the situation.
Carry on!

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by littled16

At 18 years old you are over the age of consent! So the sex angle shouldn't have applied
to you ( It is 16 years old here in the UK)

However ... as some one here on this thread has already mentioned there is also the
problem of ethics. Such as favouritism in the class room? exam results skewed?
exceptions made?

This also happens in the work/office place when a boss/superior has an affair with
a junior, ie. extra overtime, promotion, special privileges etc.

This always tends to happen when one of a couple is in a superior position!!

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by littled16
reply to post by FortAnthem

I know this sounds terrible, but when I was a Senior in highschool I dated a teacher. He was a senior engineering student who filled in for a few months

There is not a one size fits all solution to this.

I love your post, and maybe I'm just being immature, but this is maybe not the best choice of wording for explaining the predicament
. I can't imagine the position were in; must've been really hard for you.

I can relate to what you're saying in a way: I'm gay and when I was 16 I was dating a 19-year-old. Both of our parents used to use the threat of the law to keep us apart from eachother and we were both well aware that it had nothing to do with the age difference -- especially considering we had siblings who had previously been in relationships with similar age differences.

The law should not allow parents to bully their children because they don't agree with their partners.

We're married with three children now.

....And guess who's in a retirement home? Guess who doesn't feel guilty?

Be nice to your children, folks.
edit on 6-9-2013 by LightOrange because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-9-2013 by LightOrange because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join