It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The fake world of celebrity

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Sharingan

Yeah, I understand sex sells. So they sell, but what's WORSE is not the celebrity themselves. But the tabloids who make it possible for them to be " famous" on the basis of who they are shagging in front of the camera, or how often they are flashing their private parts.. or not so private parts.

But you can find quite articulate people supporting and encouraging their existence in the main media. You would be surprised that people who allow this type of person to get into the media isn't always lower classes, sometimes its actual nice middle class women and so on.

You would have thought that they would know at least that this has consequences

The more talentless people let through, the more that will come. And art, tv , film, music etc wasn't intended to be that way.

If its ENTERTAINMENT. That's selling . Then people are losing hope.
edit on 4-9-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 06:06 AM
link   
It depends on the "celebrity". Plenty of them are famous for whatever it is, but there are some you just have to respect. For example, Tom Hiddleston - recently Loki in the Avengers for anyone who lives in a cave! - spends a lot of time doing aid work in Africa ect. Now I'm not saying this alone makes him worthy of "worship", but when someone has as much money as he does and free time, I respect him for putting those in need before getting a brand new $500,000 car or equivalent.

But as a general rule I dislike celebrities, especially those that have fame and money for doing absolutely nothing of value to anyone i.e. Paris Hilton, Kim Kardashian. They are famous for no good reason as far as I can tell. Even worse are those that have a blatant disrespect for respect - Justin Bieber... He spits on his fans, throws temper tantrums and just acts like a spoiled brat. I really can't stand him for that.

They make me feel sick. I could work my ass of for my whole life and not make anywhere near what they throw away on new clothing... And they still have the nerve to complain about pirating losing them money.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by FreedomEntered

Il be honest when I was teen I thought actors were cool. Now in middle age I put them on same level as people who do soap commercials. It could be an age thing perhaps?

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   

I feel there are celebrity sell outs "selling their soul to the devil" and I believe there are people who just happen to be in movies because they are good looking. Truly nobody cares at all what they do from day to day it is just a pushed media that is it. If all you can find in a store is some damned magazine full of celebrities then if you are wanting to read then that's all you get. Its a forced media.

The bad celebs to me are the ones like that Miley Cyrus and Kesha and Lady Gaga. All who have become puppets for the music industries illuminati. Yes I say illuminati lol and I did specify that it is the music industry as well. I believe there are many many forms of the Illuminati because really you can't have such a powerful network shotgun blasting an entire nation.

Either way they are just average humans with lots of money that either show some flesh or act a way for everyone to enjoy. I am not gonna complain I enjoy seeing a lot of movies and what not but for somebody to care enough to follow through their lives is pathetic.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

WOW, your arrogance is suffocating... I've watched Star Wars, Terminator, etc... And I don't go around spewing quotes... Please verify for me, am I a dumbass?

...So, allow me to understand... Because YOU do not watch those kinds of movies, You are superior? But it's alright to watch Comedies because.....?

For the record, I think Celebrity worship is just as unproductive as Religion... They are a bunch of out of touch, spoiled, freaks....(Celebrities)
edit on 5-9-2013 by 001ggg100 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Celebrity culture, as we see it on the MSM, is more than just a harmless parade of actors, musicians, athletes and socialites. It is a well constructed institution that's been designed to act on the minds of people - by not only distracting them, but by keeping them occupied.

It is indeed strange that in an age of looming wars, economic and societal collapse, celebrities and their shows are given so much airtime on the MSM. Its high time people woke up to the fact that they are living in a world where regular working people struggle to put food on the table, while vapid celebrities get to indulge in extreme opulence and luxury, simply for "entertaining" people.

Ironically, it is regular people who have been feeding and fattening these celebrities. All they have gotten in return is "entertainment" and in the process, distorted standards of beauty, success, relationships and lifestyle. Stop watching their movies and shows, stop listening to their music and stop watching their games and you will see how quickly celebrities would start looking for real work, after first being dropped by their studios and labels of course.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Yes I feel exactly the same way. Sometimes I think I'm an alien because I find most of the "normal" stuff people do today to be insane. I wish they would come take me away from this place.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by 001ggg100

Ok,if you want to spin my post this way than i will give you what you want.
(sarcasm on)
Yes,you are a dumbass and yes I am superior to you.
(sarcasm off)
Happy now?

I don't have to justify my life or my opinions to you.
Since you seem to want me to,I just gave you another opinion you don't like.
Have a nice day.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   

DOES ANYONE REALISE THAT ALL THIS CELEBRITY WORSHIP IS PATHETIC?

so why worship them if you think its pathetic?

Sometimes I feel very sad to live in these times with no real hero's/role models. Just materialism and fakery. Looks based nonsense.

what a narrow view you must see from.

I am sooooooooooo sick of it the tabloids and the news thinking humans are sooo sad and so liveless that they have nothing else other than to worship some quite frankly not the most talented people on the planet. And that goes for ALL of them. I don't find ONE SINGLE CELEBRITY to be truly talented. Talented at being annoying YES, talented at getting attention absolutely.

this whole post sounds like a jealous rant and not something about a fake world of celebrity.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   

I think celebrities spoil it when they show their arrogance.

Just like when ATS members do the same and show their arrogance.

If you haven't got it leave I say - but no they stay use plastic surgery to fake it some more. They are just vile examples many of them. Not all.... I certainly don't regard them to be all bad.

really, not all being vile or bad?

You write this in your OP

And that goes for ALL of them. I don't find ONE SINGLE CELEBRITY to be truly talented.

This is looking more and more like a jealous rant

They are also given things everything clothes, perfume line, book line.. its a huge industry of nonsense.

all this spells out jealousy on your part for complaining about it.

How does what your saying make the world of celebrity fake and not you wanting to be a part of this world that you say you hate but from what your posting only seems as though you're jealous.

Its OK, I am too,

I would love work for for a few months a year and get paid millions to make movies, I would love to have free gifts given to me every where I go but I don't and learn to enjoy what I have, complaining about what others have is what leads to negative mind set, hate. from there we all know what hate can do.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
What I really don't understand is when people watch/follow the Kardashians.
Useless ... shallow .... self absorbed ... pointless lives.
Unless they get together and watch so they can mock the Kardashians.
Then I'd understand the psychology behind that.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Right there with you! Its like they live on another planet entirely. Some of the things they say boggle my mind as well. Oh well, MERIKA!

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

I just died a little inside when you said you still hadn't seen "Star Wars." LOL

OP agreed.

I won't lie I read the tabloids waiting in line or when my mom gives them to me. I still can't believe my mom gets the tabloid mags lol

I find them to be quite entertaining. None of it is actual facts, it's all just gossip. 95% of the pics you see in these mags the "celeb" looks pissed to be having their picture taken and the other 5% is the Kardashian clan who love cameras in their face. lol

I don't idolize any of them. I like my privacy and I would rather keep it than sell it for millions and multiple homes i never spend time in or other people raising my kids so I can go "play" with my celebrity friends.

I think there use to be a time when celebs had talent but today like so many words talent and celebrity are used so casually. Sorry but people from TEEN MOM or Real Housewives of ________ (insert any county) are NOT celebs to me. They are attention whores who will do anything to be "famous" or in the lime light. It's pathetic if you ask me to see these grown women act like teenagers on national television. i'm embarrassed for them.

Then you have the "celebs" whose egos are just far too big, IE Kayne West and Kim Kardashian. Kayne is probably the worst offender. Why do people like these people? I really do not get it either. I have never really been one to like celebs.

The only "celeb" I like is Rob Thomas from Matchbox Twenty. He is a talented musician who doesn't whore himself out for fame. I have liked him for 17yrs and I;m 34. If I ever met him I'd revert to a giggling teenager lol

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   

FlyersFan
What I really don't understand is when people watch/follow the Kardashians.
Useless ... shallow .... self absorbed ... pointless lives.
Unless they get together and watch so they can mock the Kardashians.
Then I'd understand the psychology behind that.

My mom recently while on the phone started talking about them. I was like "Mom stop watching that crap." LOL She finds it entertaining. We then sat there and mocked them.

Sorry but I got so sick of hearing how hard Kim had it while pregnant. Um yea sure. She had all the money in the world to pay someone to do anything she wanted while pregnant. I was on bed rest for 5mths and couldn't leave my house! I wish I had her money to have been able to have someone walk my dog or get me groceries. I figured it out just fine. I got my groceries, thank god for motorized carts! The only reason she complained was for attention as with any "celeb." Seriously they have all this money and yet they are still unhappy. It just proves to everyone that money will NOT make you happy. If that were the case celebs would be the happiest people in the world.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Sharingan
Morgan Freeman falls under this category, I really like his acting but his Obama brown nosing disgusts me.

Oh I never knew he did that. I love Morgan Freeman, but I don't particularly like politics.

Also, it seems like getting pregnant is "in" for the female celebrities now. I cant tell you how sick the freaking death I am of hearing about Kim and Kanyes new born brat.

It's not nice to call an innocent baby a brat. Call her parents brats because that is exactly what they are...amungst other things lol

Oh and the damn royals in the UK. For a freaking year before the wedding all I heard about was the Prince, Kate and her ignorantly named sister Pippa.

Well I can't lie I did watch their wedding. I was also up to go to a shuttle launch that day as well. I'm an American and a female and to me they have a sweet love story. I'm a sucker for a good love story, one that isn't in movies and actually happens.

Then a few months ago, you had these star struck idiots camping outside of the hospital in tears waiting to see the newborn prince brat.

Please stop calling babies who are innocent brats. It was the royal baby and to many it was a big deal. Hey to each their own or however you say it.

I find all of this celebrity worship a little weird if you ask me.

Agreed.

edit on 9/5/2013 by mblahnikluver because: fix quotes

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 03:43 AM
link   
I get what your saying. I try to avoid any tv shows that have them on as themselves. I hate when I'm watching HLN to catch up on news and suddenly It turns into show biz tonight going on about whoever is pregnant, using the annoying " baby bump" term, or it's been born . Big deal, and it has a stupid name. They should rename that show the who really cares news.
edit on 6-9-2013 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Cloud443

A very small percentage of them require respect. But its because its become a " money making" machine and its not about art anymore.

They can be famous for " flashing". And that's it. Now I don't know who really gets off on this? I mean okay someone you like flashes big deal. But it seems to be the biggest deal they are going to get.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

I don't think its old age. I think you are not as dazzled by their good looks and now you realise, after years of them being around boring people, that they, are actually not as " cool" as you thought. And yes they do act maybe just above the level of soap shows and adverts. But not as well as they should be.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by InhaleExhale

I'm not jealous sorry to disappoint you.

I am speaking about the " celebrity culture " and the peddlers and as well the consumers.

No, I am not interested in what Jennifer lopez ate for breakfast yet that makes me limited in view by you apparently . This nonsense shouldn't make headlines.. not ever!

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   
A lot of celebrities are famous because they portray an image that the illuminati or other such groups want the general public to associate with as well as providing bread and circuses to distract the public from whats really going on. While some celebrities have talent others do not and although some celebities seem wealthy by comparison with a normal person in the street they are not really that wealthy compared with people like the rothchilds, rockerfellers or the murdocks Eg 15 million dollars is pitance compared to 15 billion dollars being only one thousandth as much. When you spend money like water you can quickly go though a few million dollars very quickly which is why when the large paychecks run out many of them end up going broke. With the exception of a few very famous celebrities for most of them thier fame and fortunes does not last very long. Thier used by date expires very quickly.
I would not worship anybody either talented or talentless because they are famous or they had money or both as they are just human beings like the rest of us. Celebrities have to eat, sleep, go to the bathroom and face challenges in life just like the rest of us. Some celebrities would be shallow while others would not and you cannot really tell by the media reports about them as these are designed to portray a certain image about a particular celebrity and not neccessarily their true character. This I know from personal experience having known a couple of celebrities who where very different from what the public was lead to believe they where.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join