It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Super Missile Cruiser "Moskva" with Destroyers And Frigates heads for Syria

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by johncarter

The pride of the Russian navy was built over 30 years ago? What's the TTL of this ship in a shooting war with stealth planes? When this thing was new "My Sharona" was popular. You guys remember that song?

V

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Go to the 01:00 mark and you have a rather hilarious explanation provided by General Wesley Clark that goes on for some 2 minutes.
edit on 4-9-2013 by johncarter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

US just got cleared to fire zee missiles.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   

The pride of the Russian navy was built over 30 years ago? What's the TTL of this ship in a shooting war with stealth planes? When this thing was new "My Sharona" was popular. You guys remember that song?

Its not the ship. Its the weaponry on the ship , and how its handled, that counts.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by zonetripper2065
reply to post by Rodinus

US just got cleared to fire zee missiles.

McCain must be creaming himself in joy. I feel sorry for his Poker friends (the Iphone).

The Terminator has awoken and is all star and stripes ready to spread hellfire missiles all over the online poker rooms. They better duck.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
so when are the Thawks
expected In Down town Damascus?

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Skorpy

I don't buy that concept that "mankind is a warlike race" not since the end of the conflict between city states. Today governance is the problem they have no consideration to the general population only the sets of special interest groups that prop them in power. War is a crime against humanity it serves no purpose but to derail the need to come to a consensual agreement by imposing the will of one party by force. It not only has costs in human life but in resources and only a very limited part of society benefits from it especially today...

edit on 4-9-2013 by Panic2k11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by rigel4
so when are the Thawks
expected In Down town Damascus?

(sarc on/)Obama is right now in Grand Hotel Stockholm, Sweden. Hotel Personnel, passing the Grand suite, heard him shouting orders in his phone, cursing the generals for not bombing the hell outta Assad before his night out with the girls....(sarc off/)

Kidding aside, lets pray for those poor children that might suffer the inaccuracy of Mr Obamas Cruise missiles. For each innocent little life he snuffs out, hell will surely add 100 years of suffering to his rap sheet.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Variable

U
V
. MMMAY Sharonenah! WHoOO!

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Obviously this navel group does not have the capability do anything to allied fleets or help Syria in anyway. If Russia wanted a conflict they would get these things out of dodge because they would be sunk over night. The Med is hot bed of allied navies and airforces from the US, UK, France, Turkey, Isreal, Greece, Italy, Spain, Portugal etc. Not only that but Turkey and the US could shut down the straights and Egypt and the Arab league have real issues with Russias support or Assad and Iran so you can count out the Suez as well. Sending any Russian warships to Med. would be a death sentance if Russia really though their was going to be a conflict. However these ships will allow the Russians to watch and study US missle strikes and the weakness of the Syrian air defenses so they can try and learn ways to improve their own. This would be far from the first time the Russians have let an Arab state get smacked around so they could test tactics and weapons systems. Hey its Russia they are not going stick their neck on the line for anybody even if their military was not a hot mess.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Yea the whole government is a piece of sh*t.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I wonder when I look at the shipping that gathers over this if one were to blow, would it have an effect on the others and if so, wouldn't the whole area go up like a massive firework with the combined amount of missiles and God-knows-what else they all have packed aboard?

Its amazing how this is slowly unwinding, because to me it looks as though Obama and a group of buddies all seem to belong to some private doomsday cult that is slowly and determindly going to go bomb Syria no matter what because of some weird belief only they are privvy to. They should be aware that they will kill innocent lives which will add to the innocents killed by chemical weapons so what's the difference, none of it has a noble thjread of reason?

We obviously don't live in a democracy when the President/Prime Minister can call a war on his own authority only. One feels safer if both parliament or senate etc all vote in agreement of a war and then the lead Minister declares it.

I doubt Russia had any choice but to act BUT I do wonder where China is in this little shady, contrived bout of lunacy we are all forced to watch being played out. I know Saudi, one of the perpetrators in this sits happily on its luxurious cushions some way away from the trouble. Although I doubt Iran will be slow in puncturing the Saudi oil fields if any balloons go up. I suspect we were very close to it with the somewhat irresponsible Israeli missile testing which obviously could have been mistaken as the start of hostilities, but the Russians were too on the ball to let the Israeli's know their tactics and capacity for retaliation.

Obama could have simply said he would not act until clear evidence showed who had used chemical weapons but in manoeuvring himself into a corner he has made it worse sending in the ships, he can't back down now and we all have to watch. I wonder if anyone in Government ever thinks about the day after their initiating war and the repercussions which will, this time be worldwide unless someone does a U-turn.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Commentary by my komeraden indicate that the 30 year old Moska is but an obsolete antique , she is but a pawn disguised as a knight. The Great Putin is a chess player. He is already thinking several moves ahead of us.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
pride comes before a fall!

seems the us goverment has forgotten that..

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by canucks555

Originally posted by canucks555
Jeez buddy, the one sided propaganda machine that resides within your mind is in "full speed ahead" mode today isn't it?

Isn't it amazing some of the things you read on ATS...

I am always amazed to see so many on ATS that seem to have absolutely NO clue how or why wars are orchestrated.

Perhaps that is why history always seems to repeat itself.

Is it actually POSSIBLE that William Randolph Hearst was right?

"Lie to the people. They prefer it." ~ William Randolph Hearst

"We cannot understand the world until we appreciate that most leaders are traitors and that mankind is victim of a diabolical conspiracy on an unspeakable scale. It's time we stopped fighting each other and addressed the real enemy." ~ Henry Makow

My working hypothesis is that most wars/conflicts are orchestrated by this satanic cult. The same people secretly manipulate events on both sides to undermine "all collective forces except our own" and establish world government tyranny (a.k.a. "globalization.") In other words, an Occult Elite is waging war on humanity and we don't even know it. Their goal is: "To wear everyone out by dissension, animosities, feuds, famine, inoculation of diseases, want, until the Gentiles sees no other way of escape except by appeal to our money and our power." [And] "... enable us to absorb without disturbance all the governmental forces of the world and thus form a super-government." How They Control the World

One group and one group alone is responsible for virtually all wars and bloodshed on the face of this planet The Synagogue of Satan

Most wars are engineered by the Illuminati to weaken civilization and create a global police state, the "New World Order." Does a Satanic Cult Rule the World?

Bizarre and incredible as it sounds, humanity has been colonized by a satanic cult called the Illuminati. For over 200 years, they have used Jewish groups and Freemasons to foment war in order to advance their world government tyranny. Their Jewish agents admit it." Source

War is the major way for the EVIL, sinister, insane Illuminati to control humanity. Source

“...this Cabal of Evil has engineered all major conflicts to further their agenda for the total and absolute subjugation of humanity. Source

"Phoenicians were and still are the greatest merchants in the world, but their main cash crop is WAR! The other is HEROIN!" THERE IS NOTHING NEW UNDER THE SUN

“HISTORY IS A LIE! ALL WARS ARE STARTED ON PURPOSE! HISTORY IS A LIE

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   

You forgot to add

Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov has said Russia has no intention of getting dragged into any military conflict over Syria.

Some warmongering fearmongerers seem to LIKE the idea of a larger conflict breaking out, shame on you.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by johncarter
In , what must be direct orders from Putin, the naval pride and lethal missile cruiser, Slava (Glory) Moskva, is now steaming on full speed (32 knots) towards Syria. Slava Moskva, is the lead ship of the Project 1164 Atlant class of guided missile cruisers in the Russian Navy

It is accompanied by Destroyers, Fregats and a couple of nuclear Typhoon class subs . It seems Putin means business and is determined to face Obamas cards on the middle east poker table.

UK has already dispatched 6 RAF Typhoon jet fighters to Cyprus which means Cameron wants to fight despite the massive Nay vote in Parliament.

John,
You analysis is way off. It's like reading a Nibru/End of the world thread here on ATS! Forgive my gentle mocking but if the US strikes Syria then you are going to be left scratching your head when the Russian Navy is still steaming about the Eastern Mediterranean and doing nothing but being there. Russia is not going to war or get into a direct conflict with the US over Assad. If the US conducts this intended punitive strikes the Russian Navy is not going to get in the way. I predict that you will be left scratching your head wondering why your doom and gloom scenario hasn't played out.

RAF Typhoons are at Akrotiri as a precautionary measure in the air defence role. The Sovereign Base Areas in Cyprus require protection and especially as US assets are stationed at Akrotiri in the form of the U-2. Even if the UK is not going to be involved in military action it would be madness to have no defences in place in a potential conflict zone and especially if Syria is intending to retaliate.

If the limited US strike goes ahead you are going to be one confused person at the non-intervention of the Russian Navy on the behalf of Assad.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

. Bravo! Auzgehtseichnet! You summed it all up beautifully.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ElohimJD

I hope you are wrong because I for one never want the lies of religion crammed down my kids throats. We will never have peace on Earth as long as there is Religion. It is poison for the soul.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join