It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Compilation Tom Carey Companion Thread of Q's & Answers to this point

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Thanks for your suggestion.

Sorry, I'm HEAVILY biased in favor of colors.

I'll seriously consider dropping the blue . . . which do you prefer of the Teal or LimeGreen?

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by BO XIAN
which do you prefer of the Teal or LimeGreen?
The whole discussion started because the teal is bad and I and two other people already said lime green is best on a dark background. I haven't looked at lime green on a light background...it probably doesn't look as good as if you don't use the colors.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   

NOTE: Thx for ALL the inputs on the colors. I never expected to please everyone. I am trying to benefit the most people the best I know how . . . with some nod to my own ease of seeing such with the screen 4' from my eyes. LOL. I wanted to provide one whole page of Teal and one whole page of LimeGreen and see how folks related to those two options en mass.

= = =

37 _ _ _ Anishnaabe _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Can you elaborate more on this [the war & the onset of the nuclear age]? What led you to believe this, do you think they have 'monitored' these events/subjects up until today? etc.

Why the UFOs arrived en masse in the summer of 1947 is really anybody's guess. Any answer would just be pure speculation. For me, the juxtaposition of WW II and the nuclear detonations late in that war make the most sense to me, but that is pure speculation on my part. Maybe the answer is something else. I just don't know.
[Box note: It would fit, perfectly, though, a certain deception laden strategy . . . ]
= = =
38 _ _ _Spacespider _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Matilda O'Donnell MacElroy

Heard of her ?
if not, you missed out some of the more important information
A yes or no would do

here’s Tom Carey’s answer:
I have dealt with the Matilda O'Donnell MacElroy fiction elsewhere in this forum.

= = =

39 _ _ _ SheepSlayer247 _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Its been said that after the crash at Roswell, the committee of Majestic 12 was created to investigate the incident.

Does/did it exist and if so, is the committee still functioning?

ETA: Did we find silicon chip tech in the wreckage of that crash that led to our boost in advancement?

1. In the wake of the Roswell crash-recovery, a control-group probably headed by Dr. Vannevar Bush, and variously identified as Majestic Twelve or the Unholy Thirteen was established to exploit and control access to the remains.

2. Whatever that group was called, some form of it no doubt functions to this very day.

3. Something like silicon-chip technology was not amongst the wreckage as described to me by various witnesses.

= = =

40 _ _ _ jasmine23 _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Mr Carey, the Air Force claims that the bodies found were crash dummies in the Roswell case,but i did some research and it says crash dummies where used first in 1949 two years after Roswell also that it was the size of a adult male,not anything like the bodies found at Roswell,
So is this another cover up by the Air Force on the bodies

You are correct-o-mundo. The anthropomorphic dummies claimed by the Air Force in 1997 to have been what witnesses saw back in 1947 were in fact 6 ft. tall with obvious human-like features and dressed in jump-suits - not the 3 1/2 - 4 ft. tall little fellas with oversized heads in tight-fitting garb as described by the eyewitness at the time.
= = =

41 _ _ _ TLomon _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I am curious why you stated "what we today might call fibre optics" since fiber optics have been around since 1800s.

Interesting. I was unaware that what we refer to as "fibre optics" today can be traced back to the 1800s. Did they refer to them as "fibre optics" back then, and what were they used for?

= = =

42 _ _ _ oldetimehockey _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Mr. Carey, welcome to ATS from a fellow Philadelphian. My question for you: If you are 99.99% sure it was an extraterrestrial craft that crashed at Roswell, why do you think the government is so desperate to cover up knowledge of extraterrestrials from the public?

I always liked Stephen Hawking's quote best: "If the government is hiding aliens, then they're doing a better job of that than anything else they've ever done."

A case can be made that there were good and valid reasons for covering-up the Roswell crash back in 1947. Not so today. One can only speculate as to why the cover-up continues: lack of mainstream media interest in the subject of UFOs in general; lack of a public mandate to get at the truth; lack of political will to investigate; the inertia of "it's always been covered-up, so let's not rock the boat. These are just a few reasons that come to mind.

Hawking's statement concerning the effectiveness of the UFO/Roswell cover-up by our government is wrong. The Roswell case has been leaking for 40 years, and we have gotten to where we are in our investigation without any government assistance.

Regarding the Flyers chances this year: they will have trouble scoring goals again and finish out of the playoffs, and GM Paul Holmgren, who is looking and sounding more and more like a cast member from "Night of the Living Dead," should have been fired yesterday

= = =

THIS ENDS THOSE Q&A'S FROM PAGE 15 OF THE AMA THREAD

edit on 4/9/2013 by BO XIAN because: tag fix

edit on 4/9/2013 by BO XIAN because: formatting & tag fixes

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   

reply to post by MountainLaurel

INDEED. Agreed.

I liked that story. Ike, imho, tried to be a patriotic President. He even tried to warn about the NWO Oligarchy.

I could sure imagine Ike telling area 51 to let Ike's folks in else he'd have the army there to bust the doors open. LOL.

That's interesting that you would say that because in the interview the ex CIA director did say that at first it was being kept from the president and he did insist on knowing, that's why they were sent to investigate.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

PAGE 16 FROM THE AMA THREAD

43 _ _ _ drneville _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Did you ever wonder that it could not be a ET craft just because of the size, such a small "ship" to carry the necessities you would need to travel lightyears, or have you a theory about that?
The size of the "inner cabin" or "escape pod" that was recovered intact was approx. 4' high x 12'-16' in legnth, plus the large amount of wreckage recovered from the Debris Field Site suggests a larger craft. And we cannot speculate or anthopomorphize as to what "necessities of life" the occupants might have required on their journey.

= = =
44 _ _ _ openyourmind1 _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
So it's ask you anything day. How much in dollar amounts do you suppose you have earned with this Roswell stuff? And are you being compensated by ATS for your time? You can chose not to answer, as I see you are doing with a lot of the questions. Inquireing minds would like to know how lucrative this Roswell Research and books and articles amount too. I see no violation of terms & conditions in my questions. It is after all ASK ME ANYTHING DAY.
I'm glad you asked, so I can set people straight who think we are "raking it in" with Roswell. Counting all that I received in book sale royalties, lecture fees and appearance stipends, my "take" has been just slightly in excess of my expenses incurred over the past 22 years pursuant the investigation of Roswell. And, no, I am receiving no remuneration whatsoever for my participation here on the ATC Forum.
[BoX Note: I’ve been up close and personal with a lot of famous UFO conference speakers. I don’t know of any of them who are well off from their efforts in the field, nor from book sales. There may be some. But they hide it well. Most, as TC asserts, do well to make much more than expenses. They are not in it for the money, imho. The blather otherwise is, imho, usually, cheeky blather.]
= = =
END OF PAGE 16 ON THE AMA THREAD

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 05:15 AM
link   
at this point,

There have been no further Tom Carey replies. I'll try and update this evening, after there have been. Cheers

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Thanks a lot for this compilation!!! Love it!

As for the colors, I like teal & green the best. The blue seriously makes my eyes hurt.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Nekodos

Thanks for your kind reply and the feedback on the colors.

Have tried to use more of the LimeGreen even though it screams at me.

The blue is more restful and comforting to me. Sorry it results in your eyes hurting. Curious. Sigh.

People are soooooo unique!

May God be with you and those you love in the looming traumas.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Thanks, this works for me.

Reading just the blue text is so much easier and less time consuming than trawling every page of a thread compiled mostly of questions to find the few answers.

eta. reading this in new style ATS with white background is easiest on the eye.

S&F

edit on 5-9-2013 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   

reply to post by Nekodos

Thanks for your kind reply and the feedback on the colors.

Have tried to use more of the LimeGreen even though it screams at me.

The blue is more restful and comforting to me. Sorry it results in your eyes hurting. Curious. Sigh.

People are soooooo unique!

May God be with you and those you love in the looming traumas.

Well the blue you use in your avatar is restful and comforting to me too, but the blue you used on page 2 makes me all blurry eyed :-)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by openyourmind1262
IMHO.....Tom Carey is not very telling in the answers of ALL THE QUESTIONS. He answered the ones he wanted to answer..no more and no less. More of an attempt by Tom & ATS to stir up a little retail sales in the dying Area 51 market. Tom was asked more than once if he had" proof" he did not answer those questions. When some one that has researched something for twenty years and several books later...relies on Occums Razor to be his proof....smells of a con brought fourth to bring the book sale up up and way.

I have to agree with that. Ask me anything seems to be more around who wants some free publicity for their book, TV program, tour etc.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Well after reading some of the Q's and A's of this compilation I can sum it up that the Roswell incident was a model ufo experiment that failed and crashed plus the reports of body retrievals is a hoax as an attempt at humor by the local media at that time.

Well to me at least that story seems to be more believable and we can put this whole UFO and ET thing to rest and get back to what's really happening in the world. I sort of felt in the back of my mind this whole UFO / ET stuff was just a distraction to keep people from seeing what was really happening in the world.

Dang! there is no sense in me finishing Corso's book "The Day After Roswell" now is there ? I bought it about a year and a half ago and didn't really get to finishing it. Oh! well I don't have to go wasting my time on it any further at least.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Great effort. But, wouldn't it be a lot easier if the Mods would tell the guests to simply hit quote when answering a question so the Q&A stay together ?

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
either teal or lime green (kinda partial to the teal just because i like that color). DO NOT use the bright blue!!!!!!!!!! i could barely look at it and had to cover it up while reading above and below it.

i think some people are calling the teal color "blue". light blue would probably be fine but the super bright blue....... yikes!!
edit on 5-9-2013 by pasiphae because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Okeyd57

Springer has made clear that they don't want to clutter up the guest's posts with the quote.

He's the boss.

It makes sense to me, anyway, to have a different thread collecting them together in sequence for easy reference and for a MORE seamless doc of just the Q&A's answered.

Thanks for your comment.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   

pasiphae
either teal or lime green (kinda partial to the teal just because i like that color). DO NOT use the bright blue!!!!!!!!!! i could barely look at it and had to cover it up while reading above and below it.

i think some people are calling the teal color "blue". light blue would probably be fine but the super bright blue....... yikes!!
edit on 5-9-2013 by pasiphae because: (no reason given)

I like the Teal better than the LimeGreenwhich kind of screams at me and grabs me by the eyeballs and thrashes me around. LOL.

However, there were some complaints about it being ?hard to read? or annoying for some reason. Hard to figure.

I'm surprised the light blue screams at you. Interesting. Our individual perceptions are sooooooooo . . . uhhhh . . . individual! LOL.

I'm thinking of starting a COLOR brainstorming thread. Not sure how I'd do the sample colors there, though. LOL.

Maybe it would work on the old system.

Would like to get at least 24-48 respondents on the colors most effective and comfortable.

I'm beginning to wonder if we need to abandon having the same color be used for both dark and white backgrounds. Seems to me, with a redo from the ground up, it could be programmed in for the nearest tone to be applied to the opposite background which best fit that background regardless of what color was used in the original post on which background.

Anyway--does the light blue on my mini-profile on the left scream at you? How about the new site's light blue avatars? They all seem pretty close in value, to me.

Also, I wonder . . . the LimeGreen really screamed at me initially. But the more I've become accustomed to it, it's not REALLY *THAT* bad. And it is clearly QUICKLY pointing to where the more important text in this thread is--the guest's answers . . . which was my goal.

I wonder if the Teal or the light blue could also become more easily accommodated with a good attitude and some time. Not certain, just curious.

am not likely to post more or the last of Tom's answers etc. tonight. Very bushed from long day etc. Showered, heading to bed. Sorry. Maybe Friday or Saturday I can get to it. Blessings,

edit on 5/9/2013 by BO XIAN because: added

edit on 5/9/2013 by BO XIAN because: ADDED

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I think the Q&A format should be a little simplier. Something like this below so we can focus on the question and answer clearly without all of the characters. But maybe I'm missing something in the format you're setting up.

------------------------------------------------

QUESTION
Zanti Misfit - 3/9/2013 @ 10:21
Assuming …that it was Not a Weather Balloon Nor an Extraterestrial Craft …what Other Possible Explanation could there be Sir?

ANSWER
Tom Carey -
Good question. We have over the years investigated every possibility e.g., a V2 rocket, fighter planes, experimental aircraft such as the Chance-Vaught "Flying Flapjack" and the Norhtrup "Flying Wing" and have come up empty. The Air Force also did the same in its 1993-1997 re-examination of the Roswell case and also came up empty for alternative explanations of Roswell, save for the rediculous "roject Mogul and anthropomorphic dummies "explanations."

------------------------------------------------

QUESTION
Junkheap - 3/09/2013 @ 10:17
Do you think there's any connection between the Roswell Crash and the use of Nuclear Weapons on Japan during World War II? Do you think that has anything to do with why they came here?

ANSWER
Tom Carey -
Another good question. My own personal opinion is that, yes, there is a connection here. The first A-bombs were detonated in 1945, and tests were conducted with them going forward from there. Ditto the Soviet Union which conducted its first test in 1949. The Modern Age of UFOs burst upon the scene in the summer of 1947, right after WW II was concluded. So, in my opinion, the phenomen had something to do woth both the war and the onset of the nuclear age.

-------------------------------------------------

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 04:07 AM
link   

I like the Teal better than the LimeGreenwhich kind of screams at me and grabs me by the eyeballs and thrashes me around. LOL.

However, there were some complaints about it being ?hard to read? or annoying for some reason. Hard to figure.

I'm surprised the light blue screams at you. Interesting. Our individual perceptions are sooooooooo . . . uhhhh . . . individual! LOL.
You don't have to re-invent the wheel. There are guidelines for this stuff and you're violating them with your color selections. Here's an example:
Luminosity Colour Contrast Ratio Analyser

Success Criterion 1.4.3 of WCAG 2.0 requires the visual presentation of text and images of text has a contrast ratio of at least 4.5:1, except for the following:

Large Text: Large-scale text and images of large-scale text have a contrast ratio of at least 3:1;
Incidental: Text or images of text that are part of an inactive user interface component, that are pure decoration, that are not visible to anyone, or that are part of a picture that contains significant other visual content, have no contrast requirement.
Logotypes: Text that is part of a logo or brand name has no minimum contrast requirement.

So if you go to this thread before they turn ATS5.3 back on (ATS5.3 breaks these colors), you can try to pick colors to enter in the analyzer (they are standardized colors so you can find them elsewhere once the switch is made, just look up the numbers):

www.abovetopsecret.com...
I think the background color is about 4c4646 so I used that for the following contrast ratios.
I can't find the exact code for the default blue match, but using 151B8D blue gives a contrast ratio of only 1.5, far below the 4.5 suggested. The teal I used 307D7E which is only slightly better at 1.92.

The 52D017 lime green loam used to write his color post is much better, 4.57 ratio which is a hair above the 4.5 contrast recommendation.

You may recall my suggestion was to use the yellow, color FFFF00, which gives a contrast ratio of 8.61 and is by far the most readable standard color on a dark background, far above the 4.5 recommended minimum. So this provides numerical backup to the claims that the lime green is more readable than the teal, it's not just individual preference. This contrast ratio can actually be quantified.

Of course you have a point that yellow looks bad on a white background, but I think if you are going to use colors, you need to determine the background. You can't get really good contrast on both a light and a black background. This is why Eriktheawful's suggestion to simply use bold and italics is the best option. Not only is the contrast ratio even higher than yellow for an even higher readability/contrast index, but this contrast is maintained when the ATS user switches background color (which also inverts the default text, so contrast is maintained regardless of whether a light or dark background is selected).

reply to post by Ectoplasm8

Looks fine to me on the standard dark background. But if ATS 5.3 defaults to light background, as bo said, the yellow won't have sufficient contrast.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Great work and reply. THX THX.

Can't argue with the science behind it.

I'd already suggested that trying to have the same color for both backgrounds was probably not the way to go.

I'm still less . . . blessed . . . with the mere bolded emphasis. I have a personal paradoxical response to it. In some respects the mass of almost white text is a bit much on my eyes. And in others, mystifyingly paradoxically, it kind of fails to be distinctive enough to stand out in a way that says HERE'S THE ANSWER (that I seek) vs here's the rest of the non-answer text.

I just don't find the mere bolded bright white or off white text a sufficient emphasis for the effect I"m seeking. I have found PERSONALLY that color coding text for various purposes is a kind of unconscious quickly channeling feature in reading particularly online masses of text that saves time, frustration in seeking etc. all rather automatically, comfortably and agreeably. I really LIKE that.

MANY others report to me liking that, too. I realize NOT all are . . . thrilled, with such a functional thing. LOL.

It seems to me, in light of your post and research, that we'd do well to ask for default colors for both backgrounds to be embedded in the software rewrite.

Would you please be willing to come up with a handful of color numbers that would accomplish my two goals?

1. Colors which provide an emphasis but are not startlingly garish due to their tooo high contrast? I recognize that's a bit of a paradoxical oxymoron. It IS A FUNCTIONAL ONE, to me and to many. I consider the 6699FF blue I use in my mini-profile to be such a color.

2. Colors which are highest contrast for maximum emphasis.

Personally, I'd also love the option for a near black navy blue background like my mini-profile, too. Not sure how easy it would be to get that accepted. LOL.

To me, the two greens below this post writing window are examples of both 1. & 2. above that I'm seeking. The non garish one has, imho, high enough contrast to be an emphasis without screaming at the reader.

Anyway--THX BIG. I hope we can work together to polish this issue off in the best way to give the most readers the best options.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Ectoplasm8

I think I like your simplification.

However,

The extra

Q#_ _ _ MEMBER NAME _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

text were to quickly distinguish, highlight where to instinctively find the sequential number; the name of the questioner and the beginning of the question/answer pairing.

While I like your simplification, I'm not CERTAIN that it provides all those features. Perhaps it would with the addition of the question number. I think the question number is important for ease of reference in the long sequence. And, it seems to me that some unique character line at the beginning of each Q&A pairing WOULD help quickly distinguish the BEGINNING of each pairing. . . . particularly on a fast scroll.

What you think?

What do others think?

edit on 6/9/2013 by BO XIAN because: tags

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join