It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peterson GUILTY!!! First AND Second degree murder...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 03:17 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...

REDWOOD CITY, California (CNN) -- The jury in the Scott Peterson double murder trial has reached a verdict, which is expected to be announced later today.

Peterson is accused of killing his pregnant wife Laci Peterson and their unborn child on or around Christmas Eve 2002. Laci Peterson was eight months pregnant when she disappeared.

The verdict was expected to be read at 1 p.m. local time (4 p.m. ET). An audio feed of the verdict will be made available live, but cameras are not allowed in the courtroom.

Peterson has acknowledged that at the time of his wife's disappearance he was having an affair with Amber Frey, who testified during the trial that she did not know he was married.

Defense attorney Mark Geragos argued that investigators ignored leads that would have led them to the real killer.

Prosecutors contend Peterson, 32, dumped his wife's body, weighted down with homemade cement anchors, in San Francisco Bay.

Her body, and that of the fetus, washed ashore in April 2003, near the place Peterson said he had launched his boat during a fishing trip on December 24, 2002.

The verdict comes at the end of a tumultuous week that saw the dismissal of two jurors.

The jury had resumed deliberations Friday morning after taking a day off for the Veterans Day holiday.

The jury started deliberations over again, after the foreman was dismissed preceding the holiday. The new panel deliberated for just a few hours Wednesday before recessing and only hours on Friday morning.

On Wednesday, the judge dismissed juror No. 5, a doctor and lawyer who was the panel's foreman. The reason for his dismissal was not given.

Juror No. 6, a firefighter, is the new foreman.

On Tuesday, Judge Alfred Delucchi had dismissed juror No. 7, a woman who reportedly did her own research on the case.

If convicted of first-degree murder, to which he has pleaded not guilty, Peterson could be sentenced to death.

Jurors have the option of convicting Peterson on the lesser charge of second-degree murder if they decide the slaying was not premeditated. A conviction on that charge could mean a sentence of 15 years to life in prison

Finally some JUSTICE!!!

[edit on 12-11-2004 by skippytjc]

[edit on 12-11-2004 by skippytjc]

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I will repeat what I said on the other thread,

I didnt see ANY proof. I think he was guilty as heck but all I seen them prove was that he was a dog.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Scott's Dad and Geregos were not in the court room.

Wow amazing he got nailed.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 03:25 PM
link   
There comes a point where such wieght needs to be given to circumstantial evedence it simply cannot be denied. I mean other than somebody actually seeing the event, there will always be people who deny guilt. But with this case, there was just so much small stuff and every bit of it pointed directly at Scott.

My mother had a saying that may fit here:

"If everybody in the room is complaining that somebody smells and you dont smell it, its you"

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
I will repeat what I said on the other thread,

I didnt see ANY proof. I think he was guilty as heck but all I seen them prove was that he was a dog.

I think you are right. Based on what i saw from the media there was a lack of forensic evidence suggesting guilt. The jury assumed he was guilty based on his actions with that chick he was doing on the side.

Im predicting he will appeal and eventually be exonerated.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 04:10 PM
link   
if he does make to the big house he wont live that long those cons dont like baby killers

not saying if he is guilty or not. dont know just stating a fact

[edit on 12-11-2004 by reddog]

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Wonder if OJ is laughing?

Also...
My question is how can he be convicted of 2nd degree murder? I mean fetuses aren't humans that have rights correct? How can abortion be legal and 2nd degree murder be applicable? Makes no sense to me. This verdict essentially says taking the life of an unborn child is murder. Are we to logically believe that murder is dependent on the person taking the life? If a 5 year old gets killed by a murderer it's a crime but if the Mom does it, it's OK?
Seems like we need to clean up some laws...

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Apoc
My question is how can he be convicted of 2nd degree murder? I mean fetuses aren't humans that have rights correct? How can abortion be legal and 2nd degree murder be applicable?

Yeah, well, some people *are* in fact working on making abortion illegal on the exact reasoning that it is murder. You're right that laws need to be cleaned up - question is which direction it'll end up going in...

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   
good he deserves to burn. i wonder if hes killed more people.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 06:36 PM
link   
There was something to him that no one liked even before he was found to have a girl on the side. I think he'll get death, but the time it takes to get executed in California, he'll die of old age before then

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Personally I don't want my tax dollars funding him for one minute. No three meals a day. No college education. No cable TV. Give him the needle today.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I think the Defense put up a pretty weak case. The best I saw was them trying to make a case that a person could not push a body over that boat.

Apoc wasnt the child far past the term where a abortion could have been made? Once you past that tri-mester or whatever you cant have a abortion.

top topics

join