It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boehner and Cantor will support Syria strike

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   

www.washingtonpost.com

House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) and Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-Va.) said Tuesday that they will vote to support the use of force in Syria, giving President Obama key allies in the Nos. 1 and 2 GOP leadership positions in the House.

Boehner also said he would encourage his colleagues to join him.

“I’m going to support the president’s call for action, and I believe my colleagues should,” he said.

Cantor released a statement saying he, too, is on board.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
First of all, I do not support the rebels nor the Assad regime. But the use of Chemical weapons should not be acceptable anywhere, anyone who uses these weapons should not go unpunished!

I'm glad that John Boehner and Eric Cantor have decided to back the president in this and hopefully they can also get more of their colleagues on board with this operation.

www.washingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Bzzzzt. Let the U.N. deal with it and if they ask for our involvement we can decide on it. What if tomorrow chemical weapons are used in 7 countries? The U.S. going to bomb all of them as well?

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Wow, republicans saying they will support a military strike. So unexpected...

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Hopefully the rest of the House and Senate do not buy into this at all and vote no on attacking Syria.
2nd.

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
The more that I see and hear on this subject, the more I believe that someone controls the entire US government through blackmail by the NSA.

There is no reason to launch an attack on Syria.... with the exception of some desire to ignite a regional war in the Middle East.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
Bzzzzt. Let the U.N. deal with it and if they ask for our involvement we can decide on it. What if tomorrow chemical weapons are used in 7 countries? The U.S. going to bomb all of them as well?

Only if they have Oil, Natural Gas, Gold, Water or some other combination of profitable and strategic considerations. If they are weak and meaningless to the world, like Rwanda? Well, they might send gas masks ...after it's over. That would be about typical.

I'd hoped for more out of Boehner, but I didn't expect it. a jello-man to the end with no backbone of his own, to speak of. If Obama ever comes to a sudden halt? Boehner's nose will come out Obama's throat.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi

First of all submitting any kind of evidence to the U.N is useless...it's useless because Russia and China are on the security council and will do everything they can to let Assad walk away unpunished.

This is the worst Chemical attack so far in the 21st century. 430 Children dead. Those Chemical weapons should be destroyed period.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by spiritualzombie

I am surprised that they are throwing in their support for a Democrat President to have a blank check for war.

More surprising is the support shown by normally 'dovish' members like Pelosi.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

It's not that simple. Even if congress were to authorize this attack, the population of this nation wouldn't roll over just because those they already don't trust... decided that it was okay.

The people of the US have not been so unified in a long, long, long time and it is obviously scaring the gee-whillikers out of Washington. Up until now, we have all been comfortably divided and subdivided on things like politics and sexual preference and race and who smokes and does not... who is religious and is not, who gets on stage and makes a fool of themselves, and who does not.

We could not speak in a single voice so we were no danger to those in power. But since the NSA whistle blowing and now Syria, there is a single issue that a great majority agree upon and yes... that is troubling to those like Obama.

Personally, I don't expect it to last very long but, for now, it is good... if we could do this more often, things might somehow get better.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Man, they shouldve kicked Boehner out of the Speakers seat back when they had the chance, hes no more of a Republican than John McCain is.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

well the U.S has used them in the past as well as sold them to Saddam in the 1980s,why should the U.S go unpunished for the use of orange gas in Vietnam and depleted uranium in Iraq,these have not only killed millions but also caused millions to be born with serious disfigurements,i am actually sick of america trying to take the moral high ground even after tons of footage and data has exposed their unforgivable atrocities on wiki-leaks,

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Where is the evidence that Assad used the chemical weapons???????
Both sides possess the weapons. Who do you think would benefit most from using them on the day weapon inspectors arrived??

The rebels have been caught with Sarin before see my thread here

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
How about we forget about Syria, the 1 billion dollars in aid we gave them in the last 2 years and deploy to Detroit, Chicago and kick in that cash for some new schools and factories.

Where as it is appalling to use chemical weapons, this is NOT our deal. He should have done something the first time Assad did it. The US looks weak and is weak with the current CIC. The fact there is still a recess and he is golfing when he is taking us into another war is outrageous. He talked to the public more about Trayvon Martin than he has Syria...

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
[sarc]I'm so glad that the political leadership is listening to the people that they represent.[/sarc]

A double-bunny face-palm.

edit on 3-9-2013 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Democrats can't claim moral high ground, point at Republicans and scream 'war monger'.
Mr. Nobel Peace Prize Obama is worse than any of them.
And his pro-muslim brotherhood agenda is painfully obvious.

As for what the OP says -

My response .... 'they are freak'n idiots'.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

More importantly what happens if a month from now we have proof that the rebels have been using chemical weapons, are we going to bomb them?or will we just play dumb and declare that any and all evidence that may implicate the rebels is "inconclusive"?

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I find it strange that no one believes that Assad is capable of doing any wrong. Its like were at a place where any story that comes out that shines a bad light on Assad and his regime everyone is so quick to dismiss at american propaganda... I guess no leaders in the middle east are capable of doing any wrong and its always the Americans and there phony agenda...

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
The United States assisted Iraq in the deployment of chemical weapons against Iran. Should we bomb ourselves?
Maybe send a couple tomahawks into the parts of Detroit where nobody lives?

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

I am surprised that they are throwing in their support for a Democrat President to have a blank check for war.

More surprising is the support shown by normally 'dovish' members like Pelosi.

When many of them are bought and owned by the MIC and others are slavishly indoctrinated to their party this is what we can expect. Those people no longer represent us plain and simple.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join