It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boehner and Cantor will support Syria strike

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

No one is saying Assad is a saint. But do you think he is really stupid enough to use chemical weapons (knowing the response from the rest of the world) on the day weapon inspectors arrive. ?
I mean really???

Who would benefit most from this event ? work that out and that is who did it....

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I LOVE that bunny.

The one big take-away that people should get is that this isn't an Obama/Democrat/Administration/Liberal... yadda, yadda, yadda production. This should be sufficient proof to the fence-sitters, politically blind, and partisan koolaide drunkards that it's US v. THEM. They're all in it together.

Way back in '71 Kenny Loggins and Jim Messina said it the way it was and the way it is:

Same Old Wine

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7

This is the worst Chemical attack so far in the 21st century. 430 Children dead. Those Chemical weapons should be destroyed period.

Maybe a little more research is needed to see who actually committed the attacks before the US jumps in.

Britain’s Daily Mail: U.S. ‘backed plan to launch chemical weapon attack on Syria”

Link

EXCLUSIVE: Syrians In Ghouta Claim Saudi-Supplied Rebels Behind Chemical Attack

Link

Did the White House Help Plan the Syrian Chemical Attack?

Link

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

war does make stange bedfellows.

the american political process is like two houses of prostitution competing for clients.

the lobbyists are the pimps who control the votes of congress.

sometimes the pimps have the power to make both political institutions work together.

it's clear, obama is israel's bitch, but so are many democrats and republicans.

in the uk, their parliament refused to be drawn into another military adventure.

in the usa most of congress usually do as asked by the lobbyists, and the israeli lobby is very powerfull.

for the republicans to support obama's war, we are living in interresting times.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by maythetruthbeknown

Maybe Assad doesn't give a *****Bleep***** anymore, maybe it was someone from inside his camp who did it without proper authorization.. All I'm saying is that no one really knows... There's been numerous events over the course of time of Middle East leaders using chemical attacks on their own people, so I will never rule it out of the realm of possibility. We all sit back and act like we know Assad and the type of guy he is, maybe he hit a breaking point, maybe the stress of a civil war with NATO just sitting there waiting for the first slip up is too much for him to handle... I think MANY on here are very quick to demonize USA and they seem to overlook the horrible things that may or may not be going on in these countries.

Some say its all about the resources, others say its the humanity aspect of the situation, I believe its somewhere in between the two.

Also, in the event Assad did use chemical weapons on his people and those children wouldnt you want someone to step in to make things right? People say" worry about us" what they don't realize it that's what we are doing. If this action goes unpunished we set a precedence for others to do the same without any repercussion. Why is it our business?.... Fair question. It's our business because we are the last remaining super power. We follow the values of fighting for those who can't fight for themselves. Regional instability? When was the last time that region was stable? Doing the right thing in life is seldom easy.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Mr Cantor said: "Assad's Syria, a state sponsor of terrorism, is the epitome of a rogue state, and it has long posed a direct threat to American interests and to our partners."

bbc.co.uk

At least they're not really trying to hide what this is all about.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

well to have the big three agree that war is a need to strike back for the use of Chems is a Bush thing, so whom are the big three Boehner and Cantor and , Sen. John McCain www.washingtontimes.com... 4 if you count and Sen. Lindsey Graham, we are well on our way to the MID EAST war to end all wars WW1 WW2 and this being WW3, what took them so long ?

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I guess these are the first two to come forward and admit to being sick in the head?

Is it possible for a sociopath to admit any treasonous wrong-doing?

Nope.

Financial crisis
On September 18, 2008, Congressman Boehner attended a closed meeting with congressional leaders, then-Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson and Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke, and was urged to craft legislation to help financially troubled banks. That same day (trade effective the next day), Congressman Boehner cashed out of an equity mutual fund.[51]
On October 3, 2008 Boehner voted in favor of the Troubled Asset Relief Program (TARP),[52] believing that the enumerated powers grant Congress the authority to "purchase assets and equity from financial institutions in order to strengthen its financial sector."

You can't serve two masters

As of December 2010, Cantor is the only Jewish Republican in the United States Congress

My opinions are based on a hind-site being 20/20.

Pardon me if I lack any formal confidence in these two parasites.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
OK, I'll try this again....

War is a business!! Conducted for profit for the Corporations that make the war materials and body bags.
It's not about standing up for the little guy, spreading democracy, protecting the homeland, etc. It never has been. Now the media will ramp up the patriotic music, wave the flag, hang the bunting, worship the military, and start the chant...we're number 1, we're number 1, we're number 1 and the youth will stand in line to sign up.

America is in the War making business. Business is good and politics is only the entertainment arm of the military industrial complex. Now stfu, consume, watch TV and pay your taxes.

Go protest in the streets if it will make you feel any better, but nothing will change except for a few split skulls, watery eyes and your face on a malcontent data base. The cops have cameras too.

I'll still be out in the streets however because I still have hope and a little honor left. Both are in short supply in America!!!
edit on 3-9-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

That is a lot of maybes. You do not go to war with maybes. You go (last resort) if there is real evidence that can be seen and scrutinized.
If he did indeed order the attack then yes he does need to be punished however do you think supporting known terrorists in their goals to take over Syria is really the solution??

The rebels are known to possess Sarin and it has been shown that they have planned to use it in the past.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Where is the proof?Until someone shows substantial proof, and when I mean substantial I mean iron clad proof, nobody should be making any kind of war cry.I see the same Iraq nonsense happening all over again. A bunch of anonymous sources, we can't release that information because of national security, you'll just have to take our word for it, nonsense. Straight up, unabridged nonsense. And I'm sorry, but a recorded phone conversation doesn't count as substantial proof to go bomb another country.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by GD21D

What kind of proof do you expect to be released to the public? Assad hitting the launch button, counting down from 10 to when the bomb would detonate? It comes down to one simple thing, you either trust what your Govt. tells you and you back them on their intel or you don't. If you don't believe them now, I'm sure no evidence out there will ever make you believe them. Cause likely, there will be misinformation reports out there to counter everything they say or use.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by GD21D

We do not need no stinking PROOF, we are the U. S. of fing A. pal. We bring democracy to all these Tyrannical Dictators countries.

Amerika is on top baby. The sooner all the others realize this the better. We need these bombs dropped, we need the world to thrive in conflict. It will keep our economy moving.

Victory is life.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by GD21D

I want to ask you , How is sky news for the proof ? I have seen the link before but have been Leary to post form it, i want your take on it before posting it, will you take it as proof or will shy news be a BFIN, or a AJ Info W type link ? RT maybe. UN has not made a direct "yes" but then whom believes the UN any way till then here is the link of live updates so it says www.theguardian.com...

edit on 3-9-2013 by bekod because: added link, line edit

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Of course they will.

You would have to be a fool if you think congress will reflect the will of the public.

Keep voting for Democrats and Republicans people, I will say this until I am blue in the face:

IF YOU, AS AN AMERICAN, CONTINUE TO VOTE FOR AND SUPPORT THESE TWO PARTIES THAT ARE SERVANTS OF THE ELITE, YOU ARE COMPLICIT IN THEIR CRIMES.

You are at fault here. Everyone who votes (D) or (R) is to blame.

END THE TWO PARTY SYSTEM. END THE LEFT/RIGHT PARTISAN NONSENSE.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

That's AIPAC pressure. They own them both. As well as Kerry, Obama, Biden and Hillary all of those DC dupes.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by GD21D

well how about this not saying it was used but saying it was sold to Syria, revealed-uk-government-let-british-company-export-nerve-gas-chemicals-to-syria www.independent.co.uk... this would be why Briton said a Big NO to action Syria it would have to bomb it self.

link   
Pretty easy to support it when you get to stay thousands of miles away safely under the watch of bodyguards.

manipulation is what rots us.

link   
Bush? Why is his name even in a conversation? He is busy painting dogs and playing golf like someone who is retired should.

Link
When Pelosi was quoted as telling her 5 year old that we are at war it unnerved me. This is the same woman who shoved the PPACA down our throats without reading it. This is who leads our nation. This is all for show. I think we can say now why Hillary left her post, why Benghazi is not discussed and why ALL of the top posts have been changed in the last 18 months. Again with using kids with this administration. Glad to know there top advisors are in kindergarten...

So I don't know what news he's listening to or -- but even a five year old child has to -- you know, with the wisdom of our interest has affected our interests or it affects our interests because, again, it was outside of the circle of civilized behavior. It was humanity drew a line decades ago that i think if we ignore, we do so to the peril of many other people who can suffer.

What a ball less country we present to the world...
edit on 3-9-2013 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537
reply to post by GD21D

What kind of proof do you expect to be released to the public? Assad hitting the launch button, counting down from 10 to when the bomb would detonate? It comes down to one simple thing, you either trust what your Govt. tells you and you back them on their intel or you don't. If you don't believe them now, I'm sure no evidence out there will ever make you believe them. Cause likely, there will be misinformation reports out there to counter everything they say or use.
I expect better evidence than a phone conversation. Especially when the circumstantial evidence doesn't line up. It makes absolutely no sense for Assad to use these chemical agents exactly when investigators arrive in his country. Not only that, but also knowing that the leaders of the most powerful country have been looking for any little thing to militarily intervene into the events in Syria for at least the last couple of years.If Assad did in fact do this than he's bat$h!t crazy.Isn't that what other countries do to opposing leaders/enemies? De-humanize them. Make them appear less than human in character. It makes it so much easier to bomb his country and kill some more of his people. But oh', our leaders care so much for the victims of these attacks. They don't care about people dying. If they did, then why hasn't the U.S. leadership spearheaded an effort to develop these countries in central and southern Africa. Where people are absolutely driven into destitution and poverty. You don't here any Kerry or McCain pleading from the depths of their hearts to help those people, do you? Why is that? Where is the mass public outcry for them? You're right, I don't trust a damn word they say. Not when they've been caught lying over and over again. Form Iran Contra, to WMD's in Iraq, to F&F, to the NSA. They've proven what their word is worth, absolutely worthless.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join