It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Children Seized in Shocking Raid (Germany)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
this is just sick child abuse by the German government. While I have never visited a German school I know how horrifically pointless they are in the uk (while there may be some exceptions) with most schools students leave with little to no more knowledge than what they learned by chance often not even in school and the bullying is rife and psychologically scarring for many not to mention the weird obsession with making them all dress in the same clothes.

Even if the German schools are amazing (which I seriously doubt) kids are not standardized automatons and the curriculum of each child should be if possible created to most perfectly suit the needs of the child which is something a school can never do. Because of this a competent home education is always superior to a competent school.

this is like taking kids away from parents because they cook their own food rather than buying state approved meals.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by monkofmimir
this is just sick child abuse by the German government. While I have never visited a German school I know how horrifically pointless they are in the uk (while there may be some exceptions) with most schools students leave with little to no more knowledge than what they learned by chance often not even in school and the bullying is rife and psychologically scarring for many not to mention the weird obsession with making them all dress in the same clothes.

Well, my experience of English schools is very positive and I have had experience of schools from all over - including Germany. As to wearing school uniforms, that is essential on a variety of levels, not least to avoid psychological bullying which can happen when child A cannot afford the clothes of child B. Think about it, if you are able.

Regards

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by paraphi

While I am glad you have had a positive experience in schools, I have found the British ones inexcusably poor in many counts both when I passed through the system myself and as an adult working with schools. There is little to no education of the kids with many teachers having lost their enthusiasm for the job years before or being for whatever reason incompetent and those teachers who do stand out as being particularly good are fighting a constant loosing battle to make a real and valuable change in the pupils lives.

That said I have come across those few rare schools (usually private boarding unfortunately) where the standard of education has reached an acceptable level but unfortunately these are very much the exception not the rule.

The idea that uniforms deter bullying is to my mind somewhat naive its not like a bully would bully classmates any less just because there all wearing identical clothes. Things like that are excuses for bullying not the reason and for a bully looking for excuses there are thousands if not millions of them they could come up with.

Also school uniforms don't come cheap and for the poorest parents it is a noticeable expense the money from which could have been better used to do something productive for the kid.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by NoRulesAllowed

This is certainly one reason why many Europeans USUALLY have a much higher educational standard as compared to people from the US who often cannot even find their own country on a map or speak any other language. This is a simple truth.

Whether you realise it or not, this is actually an indictment OF the US National school system, NOT the homeschooling system.

Around a mere 2.5% - 3.0% of US schoolkids are homeschooled. This means that the huge majority, around 97% of all children in the US are educated in establishment schools.

If your comments about the low education standards in the USA are actually true, this means that the state schools are the overwhelming problem, not the relatively few homeschool setups.

97% Versus 3%....the numbers don't lie.

You are actually supporting the argument that established schooling is at fault, not the other way around.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join