It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Children Seized in Shocking Raid (Germany)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   

At 8:00 a.m. on Thursday, August 29, 2013, in what has been called a “brutal and vicious act,” a team of 20 social workers, police officers, and special agents stormed a homeschooling family’s residence near Darmstadt, Germany, forcibly removing all four of the family’s children (ages 7-14). The sole grounds for removal were that the parents, Dirk and Petra Wunderlich, continued to homeschool their children in defiance of a German ban on home education.

The children were taken to unknown locations. Officials ominously promised the parents that they would not be seeing their children “anytime soon.”

Children Seized in Shocking Raid

I am guessing that the reasoning behind this raid was to ensure that the children are being exposed to nationalism properly, and not developing their own beliefs. I think it shows a growing move world-wide towards nationalism, which was to be expected with religious influence waning.

If our world is moving towards nationalism, what does that mean for individual life experiences? Is running an individual life or family going to end up being as regimented as a life in the military, for example?

Is morality going to be redefined as what is in the national interest for the West?
edit on 1-9-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Quite right. If the rules are that children are schooled and home teaching is inappropriate then they should follow the rules. Personally, I think home schooled kids are disadvantaged, but that's only me.

The reason why such a presence (social workers etc) may be because the parents are the types who need such intervention.

Regards

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by paraphi

The reason why such a presence (social workers etc) may be because the parents are the types who need such intervention.

No.

They were taken away for not obeying the law. A law that discriminates against freedom.

They dont look like a family that needs "intervention" . All they wanted was to teach their children, how they wanted to. The laws need to change. Germany shouldn't call themselves a free society. MHO

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
As a home-school parent, I'm deeply disturbed by this. God forbid that it should happen in the US some day. . . .

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I am sorry, in Germany and other European it is simply LAW that you *must* attend public education up to a certain age.

This is certainly one reason why many Europeans USUALLY have a much higher educational standard as compared to people from the US who often cannot even find their own country on a map or speak any other language. This is a simple truth. In addition, good education in Europe does not cost anything, it is NOT a matter of the size of your wallet as is the case in the US.

If you do not accept this and for some reason believe you are above the law, then please move to another country where homeschooling is an option. In those countries it is not - education is on one hand a RIGHT for everyone, regardless of their finances and social standing but also on the other hand mandatory because A LOT depends on your education, like your future job and your entire life.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoRulesAllowed
I am sorry, in Germany and other European it is simply LAW that you *must* attend public education up to a certain age.

Sounds....... Totalitarian.

This is certainly one reason why many Europeans USUALLY have a much higher educational standard as compared to people from the US who often cannot even find their own country on a map or speak any other language. This is a simple truth. In addition, good education in Europe does not cost anything, it is NOT a matter of the size of your wallet as is the case in the US.

No, it is simply YOUR opinion.

If you do not accept this and for some reason believe you are above the law, then please move to another country where homeschooling is an option.

Or, have your leaders change the Laws so freedom doesn't come with an "*" ............

There are many laws everywhere that should be questioned and changed. Moving to another Country doesn't bode well for those in places like North Korea, does it? They also want you to have a state sponsored education...or else.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   

If you do not accept this and for some reason believe you are above the law, then please move to another country where homeschooling is an option. In those countries it is not - education is on one hand a RIGHT for everyone, regardless of their finances and social standing but also on the other hand mandatory because A LOT depends on your education, like your future job and your entire life.

If I'm not mistaken, this family tried to gain asylum here in the US because they wanted to teach their children in a Christian manner.

The US said no and kicked them out.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Right, the main idea behind them taking the kids away was homeschooling.

@NoRulesAllowed: That sounds like nationalism, like I said. Although thanks for explaining the perspective.

@Beezer: Exactly, that argument "move to a country where you like it" is kind of an odd one, in that it is totally not possible most of the time. It's kind of like giving someone the finger and disregarding their opinion.
edit on 1-9-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Well here in Europe, where we have a pretty decent educational system, Homeschooling isn't really that necessary.
However IMO it should still be allowed, albeit somehow regulated to make sure the kids are properly taught and not simply left at home to play videogames.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

I just think if you practice freedom or claim your Country is one of freedom, then WHY force people to do something they dont want to?

What harm is schooling your child, at home?

I see no reason on why someone cant, if they are prepared to do so.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

What harm is schooling your child, at home?

They are missing a big part of social life that comes with attending a school with other kids.

....and please if you are American don't try to teach us Europeans about freedom, I think Germany is a country with more freedom than the US.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Home schooling IS allowed elsewhere in the EU. Why do you say it is not?

Homeschooling is legal in Lithuania, Portugal, Spain, France, Belgium, Luxembourg, Ireland, United Kingdom, Denmark, Norway, Finland, Switzerland, Italy, Austria, Czech Republic (up to the age of 12 only - the government recently tried to make it illegal), Hungary, Poland, Latvia, Estonia, Belarus, Russia, Ukraine, Moldova, San Marino, Monaco, Liechtenstein, Andorra .....and Sweden (actually they may have made it illegal in sweeden in 2010)
edit on 1-9-2013 by greavsie1971 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

No its pretty widely known... the US education system lacks. Where you gain in force ( Military ) Most Europeans country's ( and elsewhere ) gain in Education.

Its not an insult really. Blame the government.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by aLLeKs

They are missing a big part of social life that comes with attending a school with other kids.

I thought that was what Facebook and social media was about? You know, what EVERY kid uses!

Originally posted by aLLeKs
....and please if you are American don't try to teach us Europeans about freedom, I think Germany is a country with more freedom than the US.

I'm not trying to teach anyone about freedom. I am saying that if you believe in it, then you will see the hypocrisy of FORCING someone to do something they dont want to with their OWN children.

Its that simple.

Unless those children belong to the state.

BTW, Germany and North Korea share the same view on schooling. crazy, hey?

and....

Virtually every other European Nation allows homeschooling. Why is that?

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by greavsie1971

Home schooling IS allowed elsewhere in the EU. Why do you say it is not?

Homeschooling is legal in Lithuania, Portugal, Spain, France, Belgium, Luxembourg, Ireland, United Kingdom, Denmark, Norway, Finland, Switzerland, Italy, Austria, Czech Republic (up to the age of 12 only - the government recently tried to make it illegal), Hungary, Poland, Latvia, Estonia, Belarus, Russia, Ukraine, Moldova, San Marino, Monaco, Liechtenstein, Andorra .....and Sweden (actually they may have made it illegal in sweeden in 2010)
edit on 1-9-2013 by greavsie1971 because: (no reason given)

Quiet.

Logic dictates you dont show proof, and embrace ignorance!

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I live in England and I would gladly home school my children...the government education systems have been dumbing down education for a long time now...It is disgusting...and Educated people know this and do what they can to stop it.

My kids end up in ridiculous catholic schools where their free thinking is taken away from them by forcing them to take RE(religious education).

I don't want my kids to be taught about jesus....like he is something other than what he was...a man.

All religions come from the same hogwash of a dung pile to which it should be put into the rubbish heap where if stems from....but home schooling is so frowned upon....here we cant even take our kids out of school and go on a holiday without repercussions and interference for the school telling us they need to attend school when a trip around the world would give a child a better more worthy education then sitting in some classroom where they are being taught things of no relevance to them in any way.

This interference has to be stopped....It is wrong....IMO.

School is not always the best way to learn things....as it is only a national curriculum that is being foisted upon them...it stagnates free thinking...and it has failed soooo many youths that people need to stop letting themselves be programmed by the programmers of this wicked world.

kids go to school where they get bullied...picked on....and forced to associate with others who may or may not hold the views of the individuals.

getting a well rounded education involves learning a great many aspects of life...it is not about being put into a regimental way of thinking so that yet another cog in the machine can be filled.....many of our great thinkers in the world were not schooled in the same manner...and they get honorary degrees because they came from outside the system.......remember the system is not always right.

success in the world seems to only get measured by wealth in this world of late....well the truly wealthy are the ones who live life through their own accomplishments....not through what you have when you leave this world.....the most valuable people on this planet are people who have live their lives helping others to achieve through encouragement and kindness,....not through being forced to only think one way for a governing nation who decides what one should think.....disgusting Germany.....Shame on you....I hate robot societies...and so many are becoming robots.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
hmmmmm.....

this is a glimpse of things to come..

but... there is hope..

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
They were taken away for not obeying the law. A law that discriminates against freedom.

Er, no it does not. If the German state has a rule that shildren should be educated at school and not at home, then so what? If the parents felt that their children should receive no education, then would that be discriminating against their freedom? No, of course not.

Regards

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
In the Netherlands it is also law that children go to school, but to say that it an infringement in freedom? no, i do not see it that way.
One might not like the social side of it because taxpayers pay for it, but no child is left behind, and i think that that is a good thing.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

That's what happens when you expect the government to do good for you and obligate it to do good FOR you.
You simultaneously demand that it decide for you what is best and what you can not do for yourself no matter how much good you see in it.

But hey, they have free health care and a good quality of life.......must be worth it.

sugar daddy government knows best..

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join